It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Of 10 highest IQ's on earth, at least 8 are Theists, at least 6 are Christians

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 20 2014 @ 01:13 PM
link   
a reply to: TzarChasm
I think the suggestion is the other way round, that intelligence leads into consideration of these questions.

posted on Jul, 20 2014 @ 01:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: DISRAELI
a reply to: TzarChasm
I think the suggestion is the other way round, that intelligence leads into consideration of these questions.

true. i feel it is teling that they have not closed the case though. they are not celebrated for sovling the biggest mystery of our age

posted on Jul, 20 2014 @ 01:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Montana

originally posted by: ketsuko

I would say that for every so-called deep thinker who derides people of faith as illogical, you will find someone who can think just as deeply who arrived at the existence of God.

I agree completely! So where does that leave us? I believe it is at the conclusion that intelligence has very little to do with belief in a religion. Which the exact opposite of the premise in the OP. Thank you for making it so clear.

Not really the premise of the OP is an answer to everyone who claims that only unintelligent people could ever have faith. That's simply not true no matter how many times atheists make the claim.

I have no trouble believing that atheists can arrive at a belief in nothing although I question their steady insistence that it isn't a position that needs faith on their part.

posted on Jul, 20 2014 @ 01:20 PM
link   
a reply to: All Seeing Eye

I suppose in a Atheists mind there is nothing but himself, herself, nothing higher and no mystery they can hold in their hands that can not be explained one way or another. The notion of a spirit world is dilutional and unprovable. Sad really in the fact that they really are alone. An Athiest, a real one, who would accept the possibility of something higher than themselves, is a contradiction.

If I say all Christians are Catholic. How many posts do you think there will be correcting me? Many. In the same way, not all atheists believe the same things. The one thing they have in common is a lack of belief in a god/goddess. After that, we run the gamut. I don't call all Christians Catholic. Don't lump all atheists together as unspiritual, and incapable of being so.

A lack of belief in a god, does not preclude one from spirituality.

edit on 7/20/2014 by Klassified because: eta

posted on Jul, 20 2014 @ 01:25 PM
link   

edit on 20-7-2014 by pennydrops because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2014 @ 01:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: demus
if his IQ had actually anything to do with how smart is he, he would at least be able to understand that the Messiah never said he is God and never said anyone should worship him.

nice going there anyway, keep it up.

Jesus never told his worshipers to stop worshiping him either.

posted on Jul, 20 2014 @ 01:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: windword

Its almost as if they are actually two separate species, one that can hold a soul, and one that can not.

This ^^ is the kind of thinking that allows for genocide, slavery and all kinds of crimes against humanity.
But, it's not an uncommon type of logic that Christians use. t's the kind of thinking that got the Roman Catholic Church and the Vatican the wealth and resources she wields today.

www.doctrineofdiscovery.org...

Not unlike the "atheists can have no moral compass" argument.
Thank you for pointing that out. Though I must say, it isn't my intention that all non souled, and our atheist be rounded up. But now that you mentioned it,,,

I have no memories reading that any genocide in the past was started because of soulless people, unless you consider sociopaths, soulless. It has always been about religion and who's god is the true one, or, who is in the master race and who isn't, or the one most applicable today, Gods Chosen.

Not unlike the "atheists can have no moral compass" argument.
Now that you bring that up, what does a Atheist give his allegiance to? "To tell the whole truth, nothing but the truth, so help me, me? "In me, we trust"?

History is full of examples of a belief system based on something higher than ourselves. Can all of known history be wrong? Can all of these men and women in the past who believed in something higher than the "Me", be dilutional?

I'm not arguing Atheists should be removed, I'm arguing "Why" they believe they do...

posted on Jul, 20 2014 @ 01:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Klassified

I suppose in a Atheists mind there is nothing but himself, herself, nothing higher and no mystery they can hold in their hands that can not be explained one way or another. The notion of a spirit world is dilutional and unprovable. Sad really in the fact that they really are alone. An Athiest, a real one, who would accept the possibility of something higher than themselves, is a contradiction.

If I say all Christians are Catholic. How many posts do you think there will be correcting me? Many. In the same way, not all atheists believe the same things. The one thing they have in common is a lack of belief in a god/goddess. After that, we run the gamut. I don't call all Christians Catholic. Don't lump all atheists together as unspiritual, and incapable of being so.

A lack of belief in a god, does not preclude one from spirituality.

Thank you for the correction. Tis true. I stand corrected.

posted on Jul, 20 2014 @ 01:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Stormdancer777

Then you are not a christian, you are a Pauline, who was political. How can anyone claim the title of christian and ignore His Words: Jesus to Pilate: " My kingdom is not of this world: if my kingdom were of this world, then would my servants fight, that I should not be delivered to the Jews: but now is my kingdom not from hence." Anyone with a high IQ and believes the teaching of Jesus, should worry about the kingdom to come. Otherwise they just look hypocritical. How many people did you lead to the kingdom to come this week?

posted on Jul, 20 2014 @ 01:47 PM
link   
SOme of the responses to this are classic. Loving this one. S&F

posted on Jul, 20 2014 @ 01:48 PM
link   

I have no memories reading that any genocide in the past was started because of soulless people, unless you consider sociopaths, soulless. It has always been about religion and who's god is the true one, or, who is in the master race and who isn't, or the one most applicable today, Gods Chosen.

Not my problem that you don't know your history. It took the Pope until the mid 1500 to declare that indigenous people of the world are humans with souls, and should be allowed the chance to be baptized before being rounded up like cattle. The Papal bull on Catholic superiority and the right of Catholics to control the land and the people of the earth still stands today.

Now that you bring that up, what does a Atheist give his allegiance to? "To tell the whole truth, nothing but the truth, so help me, me? "In me, we trust"?

I would be more worried about those who follow the rantings of a god who demands to be worshiped upon penalty of death and eternal damnation, requires the killing of non-virgins and star crossed teenagers in love, the enslavement of non-believers and gives a free ride to all kinds of crimes against humanity as long as you believed that Jesus died for your sins.

posted on Jul, 20 2014 @ 01:52 PM
link   

I'm not arguing Atheists should be removed, I'm arguing "Why" they believe they do...

what part are yuo wondering about.?

posted on Jul, 20 2014 @ 01:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: MOMof3
a reply to: Stormdancer777

Then you are not a christian, you are a Pauline, who was political. How can anyone claim the title of christian and ignore His Words: Jesus to Pilate: " My kingdom is not of this world: if my kingdom were of this world, then would my servants fight, that I should not be delivered to the Jews: but now is my kingdom not from hence." Anyone with a high IQ and believes the teaching of Jesus, should worry about the kingdom to come. Otherwise they just look hypocritical. How many people did you lead to the kingdom to come this week?

Wait, I see you hanging around political threads ... are you Christian, Pauline or just trying to silence people who hold opinions with which you disagree by attempting to shame them into silence?

posted on Jul, 20 2014 @ 01:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: pennydrops

originally posted by: demus
if his IQ had actually anything to do with how smart is he, he would at least be able to understand that the Messiah never said he is God and never said anyone should worship him.

nice going there anyway, keep it up.

Jesus never told his worshipers to stop worshiping him either.

never does the Bible (neither version) says Jesus was worshiped as God.

posted on Jul, 20 2014 @ 01:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: theMediator
Even if my 140 something IQ seems a bit low compared to those dudes, I'm agnostic. I believe in the metaphysical existence and multi-dimensions but I'm too skeptic and open minded to simply say that I believe in deities or don't believe in any.

And like someone said before me, I don't think IQ is the main deciding factor in religious and political views.

In fact, I can't even say if IQ alone is a good way to calculate intelligence.

Still the post does prove to those who call believers stupid that it is a ridiculous and childish argument and they should move on to something else.

posted on Jul, 20 2014 @ 02:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Char-Lee

originally posted by: theMediator
Even if my 140 something IQ seems a bit low compared to those dudes, I'm agnostic. I believe in the metaphysical existence and multi-dimensions but I'm too skeptic and open minded to simply say that I believe in deities or don't believe in any.

And like someone said before me, I don't think IQ is the main deciding factor in religious and political views.

In fact, I can't even say if IQ alone is a good way to calculate intelligence.

Still the post does prove to those who call believers stupid that it is a ridiculous and childish argument and they should move on to something else.

true

I had to contemplate a few things, could knowledge imparted?

posted on Jul, 20 2014 @ 02:05 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

I am not a christian. But,I believe Jesus was one the smartest men that ever lived and we would be wise to follow his teachings. I use to have a lot of respect for baptist christians before they became evangelicals starting in the 80's, (Jim Jones and all that). If I said I was a christian, I would have to live like that, but I can't. And I do love politics, retired and my new hobby.

posted on Jul, 20 2014 @ 02:28 PM
link   
a reply to: MOMof3

So, you have to either be Christian or be political. You can't be both? Basically, you are saying that if I want to be a Christian, I need to go and found some kind of monastery somewhere according to your understanding because that is the only way it would satisfy you that I am actually Christian.

However, you aren't Christian.

Let me tell that the only need for you to be a Christian is a devout belief in Christ as the Risen Savior. A need to humble yourself before Him and God the Father. And seek to be as much like Him as we can, but he also told us to render unto Ceasar what is Ceasar's and his teachings are very much set in the secular world of His day. For all your belief that we must set aside the world and not seek to live in it, all His teachings are very much about how to be Christians in the world. He only taught that we must not be of the world which is much different.

And quite frankly, the only one who knows what is uppermost in our hearts is God. I follow politics and care because what happens there affects my day-to-day life in the here and now. As a mother, surely you know that what happens in the world affects your children, and as a responsible parent, you can't afford to ignore what goes on around you.

Next I suppose you're going to try to tell me that Christians shouldn't have children if they want to be Christian. After all, how can you have children and follow Christ with all your heart?

posted on Jul, 20 2014 @ 02:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
a reply to: MOMof3

Let me tell that the only need for you to be a Christian is a devout belief in Christ as the Risen Savior.

where does it say so???

Jesus answered, "If you want to be perfect, go, sell your possessions and give to the poor, and you will have treasure in heaven. Then come, follow me."

posted on Jul, 20 2014 @ 02:34 PM
link   
The majority of intelligent people believe in a supreme being. They realize that this couldn't possibly be chance and chaos that formed this world. Something structures the world, I suppose god would be a word to describe this.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join