It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Senate Democrats Propose Law to Force Christians to Pay for Abortion Drugs

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 12 2014 @ 11:27 AM
link   
a reply to: Annee
Ma'am ,popular culture has screwed the traditional values up so bad we are numb from it. No one sees a fix everyone against everyone and VAST AMOUNTS of money are literally spent against us.
No more taboos,or any social controls are in place so who will stop or criticize the bad behavior.
I KNOW I'M the same as well.
There are too many and without a restart of the REPUBLIC these little messes will continue. All we can do is put out the fires they create.

posted on Jul, 12 2014 @ 11:33 AM
link   
You can pass all the laws you want. Once the law gets challenged as to whether it is constitutional or not, it will get neutralized to not conflict with the 1st amendment. Makes the Democrats appear as anti-American constitutional usurpers or stupid to what is in the constitution.

posted on Jul, 12 2014 @ 11:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: cavtrooper7
Ma'am ,popular culture has screwed the traditional values up so bad we are numb from it. No one sees a fix everyone against everyone and VAST AMOUNTS of money are literally spent against us.
No more taboos,or any social controls are in place so who will stop or criticize the bad behavior.
I KNOW I'M the same as well.
There are too many and without a restart of the REPUBLIC these little messes will continue. All we can do is put out the fires they create.

Dude, I'm 67. You really wanna give me more lectures on today vs days gone by?

I lived through those years of holier-than-thou society judgement of "proper" behavior. No thanks.

A company either offers health insurance or they don't. A corporation using religion to restrict my personal choices of women's healthcare is wrong --- period. The USSC Hobby Lobby decision belongs in the dark ages. It is an insult to the credibility of that institution.

I stand with whoever/whatever brings down this insane intrusion to my choices as a woman.

posted on Jul, 12 2014 @ 11:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: tkwasny
You can pass all the laws you want. Once the law gets challenged as to whether it is constitutional or not, it will get neutralized to not conflict with the 1st amendment. Makes the Democrats appear as anti-American constitutional usurpers or stupid to what is in the constitution.

How self righteous of you.

Anti-American my ass.

posted on Jul, 12 2014 @ 12:08 PM
link   
WHY ,because of their CHOICES which ARE available to abort or the LATE TERM issue which OF COURSE I agree with after going and seeing death everywhere?

posted on Jul, 12 2014 @ 01:09 PM
link   

WHY ,because of their CHOICES which ARE available to abort or the LATE TERM issue which OF COURSE I agree with after going and seeing death everywhere?

I'm not really following what your point is.

I'll just respond: religion is a personal choice, abortion is a personal choice. Neither should have the right to force their choice on the other.

If a company provides insurance, that's all it should do. Personal choice of the insured should be none of their business.

A law making it OK for the insurer to force their personal belief choice on the insured is just flat out wrong. Just because 5 Catholic males on the USSC found a loophole, doesn't make it OK.

posted on Jul, 12 2014 @ 03:16 PM
link   

PRESERVE HUMAN LIFE .
In the event the mother is at risk it is HER choice that is what adoption is for.b I was a "SECRET" adoption it works
I am not really sure about rape or incest ,children born of evil may not be raised well.

Because we cant afford it,my career comes first, I'm underage, it'll ruin my figure ...BACK to service to self ..for what SEX,eliminating human life.

posted on Jul, 12 2014 @ 03:31 PM
link   

PRESERVE HUMAN LIFE .
In the event the mother is at risk it is HER choice that is what adoption is for.b I was a "SECRET" adoption it works
I am not really sure about rape or incest ,children born of evil may not be raised well.

Because we cant afford it,my career comes first, I'm underage, it'll ruin my figure ...BACK to service to self ..for what SEX,eliminating human life.

Oh, I value LIFE. Living, breathing, hungry, neglected, scared, abused children.

You know, like those immigrant ones along the border.

posted on Jul, 12 2014 @ 04:32 PM
link   
YOU alone can't help them. At this time the system is still predatory,so it will make gestures and continue to use them as tools to make you sad.I FEEL as you do but I won't foolishly kid myself wishing away the hard brutality of it all,that won't stop a DAMN thing.

I can only tell you what THEY are doing based on my reading,life, fellow vets and history,because I can't kill all the bad guys no matter how bad they deserve it.

posted on Jul, 12 2014 @ 04:41 PM
link   

YOU alone can't help them. At this time the system is still predatory,so it will make gestures and continue to use them as tools to make you sad.I FEEL as you do but I won't foolishly kid myself wishing away the hard brutality of it all,that won't stop a DAMN thing.

I can only tell you what THEY are doing based on my reading,life, fellow vets and history,because I can't kill all the bad guys no matter how bad they deserve it.

I can help LIVE LIVING BREATHING Children by supporting Right of Choice not to bring any more into this world.

I've had a miscarriage, 2 children, and an abortion. I KNOW where my thought process comes from.

posted on Jul, 12 2014 @ 04:55 PM
link   
And mine IS a that of a warrior. Not just some word or an ego driven title.
I trained in youth at Martial Arts,Firearms since I was 5, and got angry in my SOUL Iater and chose to defend with it, not really helping NOW though.
Mostly scaring people who have no clue of death and violence by telling them what is happening because my JOB was recon.

posted on Jul, 12 2014 @ 07:35 PM
link   

And mine IS a that of a warrior. Not just some word or an ego driven title.
I trained in youth at Martial Arts,Firearms since I was 5, and got angry in my SOUL Iater and chose to defend with it, not really helping NOW though.
Mostly scaring people who have no clue of death and violence by telling them what is happening because my JOB was recon.

Staying on topic: I had an abortion. I KNOW what it is to make that decision. It is no one else's business. And no one else's right to use their religious belief to deny that right of choice.

War: well, depends on if you believe in reincarnation. When I was young, about 6/7 -- I had very vivid, intense experiences of being in a war. There were planes flying, bombs being dropped, people screaming, buildings disintegrating, fires etc. My mom used to find me in corners barricaded behind furniture I moved into place. Odd though, I never told her why.

So, in this lifetime, No, wasn't meant to be. Although, I wanted a career in the Navy. A medical problem prevented it.

posted on Jul, 16 2014 @ 10:47 PM
link   
Looks like the effort has failed.

Senate Republicans have blocked a bill aimed at restoring free contraception for women who get their health insurance from companies that object on religious grounds.

The vote on Wednesday was 56-43 to move ahead on the measure, short of the 60 votes necessary to proceed.

Democrats sponsored the election-year bill to reverse last month's Supreme Court ruling that closely held businesses with religious objections could deny coverage under President Barack Obama's health care law.

Senate GOP blocks bill on contraception coverage

posted on Jul, 17 2014 @ 12:07 AM
link   
I do ,some are here to fight.

posted on Jul, 17 2014 @ 02:09 AM
link   
a reply to: cavtrooper7

And don't we know it...
Every other post you remind us.
Kill the bad guys? no one considers themselves bad guys it is all from which side you are on, who decides who the bad guys are you? is an abortion doctor a bad guy?.
Oh and babies whom have been born because of incest or rape are just babies they don't have any evil in them.
edit on 17-7-2014 by boymonkey74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 17 2014 @ 04:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: spurgeonatorsrevenge

originally posted by: xuenchen

In an obvious "sour grapes" knee-jerk hyper response to the Hobby Lobby Supreme Court decision last week, Democrats in the U.S. Senate are proposing yet another crusade against the 1st Amendment.

They display their true colors by demanding that abortion drugs be "forcibly paid for" by everybody if I read this correctly.

HHS has already discriminated by "allowing" non profit organizations to be exempt while forcing all others to be included but separated by religion.

The Supreme Court partly disagreed by "allowing" closely held companies to be exempted from at least the "contraceptives" listed by the FDA.

Very dangerous when we see the absolute mania displayed since last week.

Big can of worms.

I wonder how religious Democrats feel and how many will be "alienated" by this wild action ?

On Wednesday, Senate Democrats introduced a bill that would force Christians and other conscientious objectors to pay for drugs and devices, including the "week-after" pill, that may kill human embryos.

The new bill was drafted in response to Supreme Court's ruling last week that Obamacare's so-called contraceptive mandate as applied to family-owned religious businesses was a violation of the Religious Freedom Restoration Act. The Democrats' legislation would strip away the religious freedom law's protections for Americans who provide health benefits to their employees.

The text of the bill states that an employer-sponsored health insurance plan shall not exclude coverage of any item or service "where the coverage of such item or service is required under any provision of Federal law or the regulations promulgated thereunder" and that the new law would "apply notwithstanding any other provision of Federal law, including Public Law 103–141 [the Religious Freedom Restoration Act]."

I am glad for this, I was forced to pay for the two trillion dollar wars that the Christian Right supported as they locked stepped with Bush. I guess they only care about killing when the person does not have a name.

If the people are brown, the Christian Right is all FOR KILLING.

Derek

posted on Jul, 17 2014 @ 05:00 PM
link   
Me being Canadian I find your happiness in refusing INSURANCE coverage for contraception is quite un-evolved, backwards, shallow, dellusional, absurd, egoistic, selfish and down right disgusting.

I really, don't, get it.

These people pay for their insurance, it's not anyones business and especially not the governments.

My brain tingles from thinking that people could actually think like that, talk about neanderthals.

posted on Jul, 17 2014 @ 06:58 PM
link   
This thread, its headline, its OP, its contributors and its source all prove, beyond a shadow of a doubt, that Christians are willing to lie and to promote lies as long as it furthers their agenda. This Hobby Lobby case was NEVER about abortion or abortion causing drugs. It's about contraceptive methods that prevent pregnancy by altering the PH quality of a woman's OWN uterus, so as to make implantation of a fertilized egg improbable. No implantation = no pregnancy = no abortion.

But truth and science and Christianity don't get along. So, women just have to suck it up, cause you know, contraception is just like pedophelia and child abuse!

Keep it up Christians! You know you're winning the hearts and minds and Americans. Can't wait to see ya all stick it to the gays!

edit on 17-7-2014 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 17 2014 @ 07:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: windword

Keep it up Christians! You know you're winning the hearts and minds and Americans. Can't wait to see ya all stick it to the gays!

Yes. Fundamental religion is losing members. And the USSC has been losing credibility through individual bias judges pushing their personal beliefs.

However, atheism is on the rise. They're growing in numbers, organization, political power, and just started their own online TV channel.

The First Atheist TV Channel American Atheists is excited to announce what is believed to be the first atheism-dedicated television channel, Atheist TV. www.atheists.org...

This is just a continuation of all those other times you used your power to make others’ lives worse. Every time you stood in the way of marriage equality, more people left their churches, vowing never to return. For years now, we’ve known that the reputation of Christians is that they’re anti-science, anti-gay, and anti-women. You’ve only solidified those stereotypes and churches will pay for that as they lose members fed up with being associated with an organization that takes joy in denying others freedom and happiness. www.patheos.com...

posted on Jul, 17 2014 @ 07:14 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

hahahahahahahahah ! You siad "Checks & Balances"! that's like saying "Bigfoot" and the "Loch Ness Monster" in the same sentence too! Checks and balances? Like ANYBODY in the federal government uses that. That would work if we had a constitution, we don't it''s dead. Like the people on the airliner. We have a king. realize and deal with We have an imperial president. an imperial congress and and imperial SOCTUS. thats it . I've read they're memos. makes explaining why the government doesn't work. They only do what the Queen, Valerie Jarrett says to do. Don't believe Valerie Jarrett ISN'T running the country? then who do you think DOES get left in charge when the King is busy drinking with his friends? Valerie Jarrett. Try an keep up. It's a big country. Lots happens. and the King has the attention span of a gnat!

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join