It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Senate Democrats Propose Law to Force Christians to Pay for Abortion Drugs

page: 9
<< 6  7  8   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 17 2014 @ 07:19 PM
link   
a reply to: windword

a reply to: Annee

Long way to go.

The Constitution is a "Living" document.

posted on Jul, 17 2014 @ 07:26 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

"We The People" has been corrupted, if not murdered, in the name of "Religious Freedom".

edit on 17-7-2014 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 17 2014 @ 07:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: Benevolent Heretic

originally posted by: Battleline
Isn't it fascinating when these people are so willing to show everyone how childish and pathetic they are while demanding you pay for there sex life...

1.5 million women use birth control pills for non-contraceptive purposes ONLY.

Which Hobby Lobby provides, does it not? Is anyone using "the week after" pill for non contraceptive reasons?

posted on Jul, 17 2014 @ 08:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Benevolent Heretic

originally posted by: Battleline
Isn't it fascinating when these people are so willing to show everyone how childish and pathetic they are while demanding you pay for there sex life...

1.5 million women use birth control pills for non-contraceptive purposes ONLY.

This is what I call a touche' moment born of ignorance.

Birth Control - a device to prevent conception. If 1.5 million women are using using birth control pills as Hormone Replacement Therapy, or other disease management, it is NOT birth control. Hobby lobby is not contending women should not have medical treatment for a condition, but saying they just don't feel they need to be paying for people to get laid more easily.

Further. The ignorance runs beyond deep on this topic. I am unclear why I am responsible for making a women's sexual experience more comfortable by decreasing the threat of an unwanted pregnancy. A woman is free to buy birth control on their own, any day, or any night, without my financial assistance. Oh, wait, there is a problem isn't there? The Pharmaceutical Manufacturers made it so the glorious pill is by prescription only. I see, so because they see fit to make more money from Horse Urine derived drugs by creating a Doctor-prescription system we all must sign on? There is no human right to easy sex, or sex at all, or sex the way you like it. There certainly is no human right to have your sex life mitigated by others.

If women really,really, really, really want to make sex without conception more convenient they can easily solve the problem. Demand congress pass a law making it over the counter, like a condom which, miraculously makes unwanted pregnancy a diminished issue to and isn't by prescription.

This cunard about "woman have a right" is so born of people swallowing the PR memes I am shocked that people simply don't choke on their own ignorance.

posted on Jul, 17 2014 @ 08:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
a reply to: windword

a reply to: Annee

Long way to go.

The Constitution is a "Living" document.

I am aware of that.

Not the first time a law meant for something else with a realistic positive purpose was hi-jacked in a loophole manner for nefarious purpose --- forcing religious belief to oppress women.

Laws are often enacted to close loopholes and reverse decisions that were made by hijacking a law not meant for how it is being used in this secular country.

posted on Jul, 17 2014 @ 08:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: windword
a reply to: xuenchen

"We The People" has been corrupted, if not murdered, in the name of "Religious Freedom".

It definitely has.

No one is forcing anyone who doesn't believe in what specific birth control does, to take them.

posted on Jul, 17 2014 @ 08:49 PM
link   
a reply to: crankyoldman

I am unclear why I am responsible for making a women's sexual experience more comfortable by decreasing the threat of an unwanted pregnancy.

And yet, here am I, paying my insurance premium every month so that cranky old men can get their erectile dysfuntion meds, penile implants and arthritis meds.

Of course it would be silly to bring up the fact that contraception policies are in the best interest of society for public health reasons and that pregnancy and childbirth, as well as the care of children is much more expensive to society than an IUD.

posted on Jul, 18 2014 @ 06:43 AM
link   
young, old, single or married.
just say no
to sex
unless you really want a baby!!
let's see how fast we can turn the tide!!

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8   >>

join