It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is The Ukrainian Army Using White Phosphorus on Its Own Citizens?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 12 2014 @ 03:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Corruption Exposed

The problem I see with the first video is that you can't tell exactly what is going on. Yes it looks like they are using WP, but there are some questions attached:

- what area are they using it on (inhabited/uninhabited) ?
- was the video even filmed in Slaviansk or E Ukraine, for that matter ?
- who is using it (there are multiple reports of the separatists/terrorists shelling residential areas and blaiming the Ukrainian troops) ?

Until more info appears I can't comment further, without it being simple speculation.

posted on Jun, 12 2014 @ 04:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Corruption Exposed

If the first video is from Ukraine then there is nothing incorrect in its use as an illumination device.

posted on Jun, 12 2014 @ 04:10 PM
link   
a reply to: tommyjo

thats the dastardliness of willy pete (white phosphorus - Thanks newsroom!) even tho its use is banned directly as an incendiary device that doesn't mean we cant use it as an illumination device.... if the enemy decides to burn their faces and limbs off on it while its used to illuminate things well, thats their fault! we were just trying to get a nice illuminated view of the area by attaching fragments of 5000+ degree white phosphorus to everything! man that stuff works good to illuminate areas!

posted on Jun, 12 2014 @ 04:43 PM
link   
New info popping up on Twitter, seemingly disproving the white phosphorus theory:

ConflictReporter ‏@MiddleEast_BRK

#Left: White Phosphorus burning.
#Right: Substance, burning today in #Sloviansk. #

NO_WP pic.twitter.com/AAJB4dJ9AB

posted on Jun, 12 2014 @ 05:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Dutzy

Thank you for the update!

I'm not convinced yet, especially just by that, but may I ask which elements within each picture in your opinion disproves WP?

I am open to theories and am keeping an open mind.

Thanks.

ETA:

The first one seems so much more distant, and the second is much closer so I find it difficult to properly compare the two and put them into perspective. That being said, I'm no expert in these thing so perhaps I'm missing something that may be quite obvious to others.
edit on 6/12/2014 by Corruption Exposed because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 12 2014 @ 05:16 PM
link   

Also I must add that in the first pic the substance is still burning, meanwhile the substance in the second pic no longer seems to be flaming. I'm not saying that it proves or disproves WP but I find the daytime pictures we are looking at to be a bad example for comparing especially when we cannot prove where either pic came from.

To be honest both pics look suspect to me, but as previously mentioned I am no expert and would gladly like to be corrected as I just want to get to the bottom of this.

posted on Jun, 12 2014 @ 05:28 PM
link   
Rt has this new vid up

posted on Jun, 12 2014 @ 05:30 PM
link   

Sorry for the multiple responses to your one post but instead of editing my previous post I think it's better I just add another.

If you look at the first pic, you can see it is on a dry surface (looks like desert sand, or something similar) meanwhile you have the second pic on what appears to be moist soil and perhaps we can see a slight crater (looks like it to me at least). Even if these were the same substances they are in different environments so I would logically guess that they would react differently to the stimuli they are subjected to.

To me, what I see is something in the first pic still burning, meanwhile the other pic on the right looks like it has been extinguished for a while. From what I have seen with WP and how it burns, I could imagine it causing what we see in the second pic...it's almost as if it melted certain substances within the soil - I definitely see some odd chemical reactions (not claiming to know what I'm seeing LOL!)

posted on Jun, 12 2014 @ 05:31 PM
link   
a reply to: the2ofusr1

Thank you, if RT is showing this they must have done their own research which led them to at least acknowledge these claims as being possible. Sure they have screwed things up in the past as all other outlets have but I believe this adds some much needed validity to the claims in the OP.

Thanks again!
edit on 6/12/2014 by Corruption Exposed because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 12 2014 @ 06:47 PM
link   
a reply to: the2ofusr1

I've messaged the mods to see if this can be added to the OP as I think it will alleviate a lot of the confusion. This clears up a lot of the doubt which has been expressed in this thread so far. I wish this video was available when I offered the thread!

Either way thanks for the awesome contribution, I wish I could give you a thousand stars.

posted on Jun, 12 2014 @ 07:16 PM
link   
You are welcome .It feels good whenever we as a member can bring good stuff to the board ....peace a reply to: Corruption Exposed

posted on Jun, 12 2014 @ 08:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: the2ofusr1
Rt has this new vid up

I would not be surprised to see a use of chemical weapons next.
Do not forget this is not regular Ukrainian Army, this is Nat. Guard, the volunteers, mostly people
from Western Ukraine and Maidan combatants, ultra nationalists. Their main drive is a Russophobia.
We have all witnessed the level of hatred they presented in Odessa massacre.

posted on Jun, 12 2014 @ 08:28 PM
link   
a reply to: cosmonova

In your opinion who would use the chemical weapons?

I'm pretty sure I know what you meant but would like to make sure.

This is all pretty messed up.

posted on Jun, 12 2014 @ 08:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Corruption Exposed

In your opinion who would use the chemical weapons?

I'm pretty sure I know what you meant but would like to make sure.

This is all pretty messed up.

who would use it? I just mentioned in my previous post.

Valentyn Nalyvaychenko, head of the Security Service of Ukraine said that the unknown substance was used during the fire in the Trade Union House in Odessa. The Interior Ministry has ordered an independent international expertise. Previously, government officials claimed that chemical weapons were used during the riots in Odessa.
"Yes, there was a substance, the analysis was requested by the Ministry of the Interior Affairs, and we hope that in the near future with the help of international, unbiased, independent experts will be able to tell people what kind of substance it was and who brought it," said Nalivaychenko in an interview with Ukrainian "Fifth channel" on Monday evening.
Read more: voiceofrussia.com...

Odessa investigation is purposely delayed by Kiev and Russia is not giving up on it.
I believe they are trying to initiate UN involvement in investigation of Odessa massacre.

UN Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon could display some insistence to ensure a transparent investigation into the May 2 tragedy in Odessa, says Russian Foreign Minister Sergei Lavrov.

"I think the UN secretary-general could at least display insistence in this issue to make an investigation into the Odessa tragedy transparent, unbiased, and just," Lavrov said at a press conference following negotiations with Venezuelan Foreign Minister Elias Jaua on Thursday.
"This is just one particular issue as a recommendation, which I am sure the head of a leading international organization is well able to take up," he said.
Lavrov said he had forwarded letters to Ban Ki-moon, the OSCE secretary general and chairman-in-office, the Council of Europe secretary general, and the UN high commissioner for human rights back on May 19, calling on them to ensure an unbiased international investigation into the Odessa events.
Read more: voiceofrussia.com...

posted on Jun, 12 2014 @ 08:41 PM
link   

I completely agree, this whole thing is a set up.

Many cards are at play here.

posted on Jun, 12 2014 @ 09:33 PM
link   
Do you mean the guys giving up and going home ?

posted on Jun, 12 2014 @ 09:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: the2ofusr1
Do you mean the guys giving up and going home ?

they should all give up and go home. Nothing good is coming from this.

posted on Jun, 12 2014 @ 09:52 PM
link   

Where is home, these people seem to have mixed beliefs.

The region is a zone of explosiveness. It won't be over for a while.

posted on Jun, 12 2014 @ 10:00 PM
link   
Please see the updated OP for new vid which confirms previously doubted details.

posted on Jun, 12 2014 @ 10:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: Corruption Exposed

Where is home, these people seem to have mixed beliefs.

The region is a zone of explosiveness. It won't be over for a while.

I was talking about NatGuard forces.
People of Lugansk and Donetsk region have formed Novorussiya.
This is a new state in a making. No doubt about it. It is a mater of time to see its final borders and if any other region would join.
For me,it is obvious they do not want to be a part of Ukraine after Maidan events. Or was Maidan an excuse to finally express what they really want.
There is a thing I noticed and very important in my opinion.
What is happening right now in Eastern Ukraine is showing how much ethnic Russians do not like Ukraine.
On another hand it shows how much all these paramilitary formations from western Ukraine hate these Russians.
I would make conclusion that Ukraine is/was an artificial state where 2 different ethnic groups have been living together for last 20 years or so with not much love for each other. They are different people.
In my opinion ethnic Russians have legitimate right to split from Ukraine.
Someone would say if they do not like it they should leave.
We are talking about 8 million people in here, they have every right to stay where they are and form their own state if they want. If they do not want close relation with EU but rather closer relation with Russia, who have right to prevent them from doing that? Certainly not Kiev with this military operation sponsored by US/EU.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join