It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pregnant Pakistani woman stoned to death by family

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 28 2014 @ 07:23 PM
link   

Back in 2010 Moussa Sidime, 74, slapped his daughter to death because she did not finish her chores “properly.” When she was told to do the job right, the father says that he heard her say something disrespectful. So he slapped her in the face twice and then once on the buttocks. He hit her hard enough across the face to cause an artery in her head to rupture and she died in the hospital two days later.
Read more at eaglerising.com...

He received 60 days in prison Quebec Court Judge Richard Marleau for the manslaughter death of his daughter; that's right folks this was in Canada.. He will serve the sentence two days a week for the next 30 weeks.

Pakistani immigrant Noor Hussain, 75, got so angry that his wife didn’t make him goat for dinner that he beat her to death with a stick.

This story was from Brooklyn

Defense attorney Julie Clark admitted Hussain beat his wife — but argued that he is guilty of only manslaughter because he didn’t intend to kill her. In Pakistan, Clark said, beating one’s wife is customary.

“He comes from a culture where he thinks this is appropriate conduct, where he can hit his wife,” Clark said in her opening statements at the Brooklyn Supreme Court bench trial. “He culturally believed he had the right to hit his wife and discipline his wife.”

halalporkshop.blogspot.co.uk...
www.sundayworld.com...
www.wnd.com...
"Mohammed is God's apostle. Those who follow him are harsh
to the unbelievers but merciful to one another" Quran 48:29

posted on May, 28 2014 @ 07:23 PM
link   
a reply to: lambs to lions

Hi, starred and flagged. What kind of person can do that to another family member? Someone who lives and breathes hate and has had that indoctrinated in them from a young age. It seems very cultish to me, despite culture and religion and beliefs; wrong is still wrong. To turn your back on a family member and even participate in their torture and death goes beyond my scope of reasoning. And there's no need to label it, if it was a purple, pink polka dotted culture from another planet it is reprehensible. Something must be lost somewhere down the line. I'm from a big family and despite everything I know one thing, love is greater than hate and disappointment.

posted on May, 28 2014 @ 07:40 PM
link   
Cultural BS at it's finest, this is what happens when you don't follow common sense or the sensibilities of religion but of culture.

Don't believe me, take a look at what is happening in India, it's not unique to Pakistan and it's "Muslamic Ray Guns" it's something that has been a part of the Hindustan and Persian region for generations going back past the three known religions.

The problem is we in the west are deeply ignorant of the varied and intricate culture that makes up the tapestry of the eastern world...unfortunately you have ignorant folks like the ones in this story who commit barbaric acts not in the name of religion but in the name of culture (honour).

posted on May, 28 2014 @ 07:51 PM
link   

You do realize that Jews, Christians and Muslims pray to the SAME god and believe in the same angels; prophets; and key personas? For instance, the Virgin Mary is revered throughout the Quran and is mentioned more in that book than she is in the Bible. Despite myself being raised in a Christian home, I was blessed to have parents who showed me the mystical side of ALL religious teachings (not to mistake allegory for historical or cosmological facts). This allowed me to realize how ignorant "some" of my fellow Christians can be towards their little brother named Islam. Judaism is the big brother, Christianity is the middle brother and Islam is the youngest.

I believe the horrendous acts that take place in Islamic countries such as Pakistan are caused more by cultural influences due to the masses who blindly have been indoctrinated over many generations towards distorted truths about Islam. These misconceptions are used to influence the culture of that society to mould the agenda for those who rule. Basically, the same thing that to Roman Catholic Church followers have done over the centuries.

You stated that one shouldn't judge and I totally agree! Especially if one is ignorant to the fact that Judaism, Christianity and Islam are essentially the same BEAST....

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on May, 28 2014 @ 07:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: lambs to lions
Associated Press

What kind of person can murder one of their own family members? Seriously, the psychological state of these people really disturbs me. It's not like it is just a few crazy people here and there. The article makes it clear that it happens quite often. Once is too often if you ask me.

How could you sure people must love their family?When many of “killing family members"news come out ,people just shocking and shocking,never want to consider people who don't love their family are quite common .

posted on May, 28 2014 @ 08:45 PM
link   
a reply to: xavi1000

More like... The Enlightened vs The Brainwashed. (Any religion = brainwashed)
edit on 28-5-2014 by Evanzsayz because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 28 2014 @ 09:02 PM
link   
a reply to: 727Sky

So what do you think, is it Islam? Is it as some have suggested their culture, or way of life? It seems to me that it is rooted in their religion.

posted on May, 28 2014 @ 09:07 PM
link   
a reply to: queenofsheba

Thanks for the reply! I know what you mean, my family is everything to me. Relationships should be about love and friendship. If a family member is down, you pick them up. If your daughter marries a man that you don't approve of....you definitely don't mutilate her body with bricks! Some people that have responded to this thread have suggested that I put aside my bias and respect other's cultures. However, I won't lie. I can't think of a single thing concerning their culture that I respect. Even if I discovered there was, I wouldn't be able to look past the acceptance and practice of brutality towards women. I did some research and couldn't find much on Islamic men suffering from such abuse for any kind of "crime of passion" so to speak. Seems like this is more about insecurity and the control of females to me. Cowards.

posted on May, 28 2014 @ 09:09 PM
link   
a reply to: candlestick

Point taken. However, even if it weren't family. I would be shocked at strangers acting this way towards other strangers.
But you are right, the visceral response has a lot to do with the happiness in my family. It is a blessing.

posted on May, 28 2014 @ 09:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: Involutionist

You do realize that Jews, Christians and Muslims pray to the SAME god and believe in the same angels; prophets; and key personas? For instance, the Virgin Mary is revered throughout the Quran and is mentioned more in that book than she is in the Bible. Despite myself being raised in a Christian home, I was blessed to have parents who showed me the mystical side of ALL religious teachings (not to mistake allegory for historical or cosmological facts). This allowed me to realize how ignorant "some" of my fellow Christians can be towards their little brother named Islam. Judaism is the big brother, Christianity is the middle brother and Islam is the youngest.

I believe the horrendous acts that take place in Islamic countries such as Pakistan are caused more by cultural influences due to the masses who blindly have been indoctrinated over many generations towards distorted truths about Islam. These misconceptions are used to influence the culture of that society to mould the agenda for those who rule. Basically, the same thing that to Roman Catholic Church followers have done over the centuries.

You stated that one shouldn't judge and I totally agree! Especially if one is ignorant to the fact that Judaism, Christianity and Islam are essentially the same BEAST....

en.wikipedia.org...

Well, yes they are all "Abrahamic' religions. However, Islam is from around 622 ad. Both Christianity and Islam have roots in Judaism. The Old Testament had some harsh teachings such as in Leviticus and Deuteronomy. However, those teachings were mean for a different people in a different time period. The world was different, it was a struggle and there was a need for diligence. It isn't something we can understand and it doesn't apply to us. If you have noticed Jews do not practice such hard line violence towards their own and their women are respected. They have changed as necessary with the times. Christians, respect the OT and try to follow the Commandments. However, it is Christ's teachings in the New Testament that is the backbone of their faith.

posted on May, 28 2014 @ 10:45 PM
link   
Instead of fighting wars to protect economic interests we really should be waging wars on the religious ideologies like these which hinder the advancement of mankind.
But that's just not economically profitable right? So why ever would we do that!

Seriously though, imagining what the world could be like if it weren't run by idiot politicians corrupted by economic gain... It makes me sad actually. Sad that we've allowed these cretin to gain control over us. Someone should have annihilated it when they first saw it emerging.

posted on May, 28 2014 @ 10:55 PM
link   

I have travelled to many parts of this world and have stayed for quite some time (3 to 6 months at times) in these places. I have immersed myself in many cultures that follow many different faiths. Your view (generalizations) of Muslims being a violent; oppressive ; and patriarchal people; that ALL or the majority of Muslims "practice hard line violence towards their own and their women" is a sad stereotype. It's those that believe this stuff that allow TPTB to continue to divide humanity.

As a poster stated in a previous comment: Indonesia has the biggest Muslim population and they don't behave any way remotely close to those Muslims in Pakistan or Saudi Arabia. Muslims in the Caribbean don't do those things either. By believing that this behaviour has anything to due with the religion is absurd, and frankly, to do so, leaves you in the same conditioned mind set of those ignorant fools who kill in the name of Allah (which btw, is a word used by Christians, Jews, and Muslims that live in the middle East) or stone their own daughters to death in the name of honour instead of religion.

Also, I live in the most multi-cultural diverse city in the world, Toronto, and therefore very fortunate to have been raised in a society where the majority are exposed to truths instead of mainstream media propaganda.

Just as a side note: Gnostic Christianity, Kabbalah, Sufism and Buddhism is what I AM all about. When one goes down the mystical path of their religion, they will awaken to the absurdity of confusing "CULTURAL" behaviour with "RELIGIOUS" behaviour.

"While there is commonality among the religions, in large measure their shared ancestry is peripheral to their respective foundational beliefs and thus conceals crucial differences.[14] For example, the common Christian beliefs of Incarnation, Trinity, and Jesus' Resurrection are not accepted by Judaism or Islam (see for example Islamic view of Jesus' death). There are key beliefs in both Islam and Judaism that are not shared by most of Christianity (such as strict monotheism and adherence to Divine Law), ***** and key beliefs of Islam and Christianity ***** not shared by Judaism (such as the prophetic and Messianic position of Jesus, respectively)." ~ Wiki

You are painting Muslims with one brush. Yet, that one brush covers all three siblings....

posted on May, 28 2014 @ 11:23 PM
link   
Pretty nutty! As a general rule, most cultures and people do not change on there own not when its been so ingrained in them to follow old outdated retarded ideologies. Generally you have to impose rules and regulations to keep such things in check, and even then it still will go on or find other outputs for such idioticy.

Far to many problems and issues in the world to let such things creep up and grow. Generally it is not wise to create any such constructs such as ideologies or religions or even governments or anything else as they will all at one point in time have consequences. Go back a few thousand years, and Islam would have been a more tolerable religion and it was what spread the sciences and the very things and even some of the more sensible laws we use today. But at one time everything can be said to have had its day, and that day eventually passes.

Given time and generations a whole lot of things even here in the west can lead to the same sort of field, after all humans are just creatures of habit. And most if not all of what we call decent and humane was not only taught but ingrained into our so called civilized world over generations and generations, so yes in a way everything can be considered normal and right, under the right circumstances, history is nothing but proof of that. We seem to forget that all our high morals were not only conditioned into us, but beat into us in some cases generation after generation.

However this is a clear case of murder. So I dont know, in a place like Pakistan even for them stoning somebody on the street is something they would not want in the lime light. Even if its acceptable under the lime light. Personally and this is just my opinion, but I would probably be bashing that father and all involved in the head with a brick to a bloody pulp, I would not kill them however. But they would have a hard time walking, or remembering there name, or wiping there ass for the rest of there life's after that, some people are just slow, they would not get it that its not OK to do something like stone your daughter to death. Unless it happens to them, then how will they know? then maybe they will think twice. However that is why social rules were made, to circumvent such need. And besides, hey I ain't much of a people person, my ways, and code, would be considered barbaric by such sensible people in Pakistan, or even here in the west. To each there own I suppose, after all that is the only thing that can happen, as like has a habit of begetting like.

I would say the most sensible thing to do, is just put pressure on such old outdated restarted customs, ideologies, regions and all other stupid # that's out there till they get conditioned out of it, they seem to like castrating people, well how about we castrate a whole country or region or ideology or peoples? They seem to want to play such games, fine then. Do it in the mud hut with all your other retarded believes, and its way past time we stopped supporting these outdated countries just because they happen to have some oil under the ground, and if it comes to it, well that's what the military is for, we can always just take it. No matter the country or people some such pressure would be best imposed. It would be the most sensible thing to do, though not the fastest way to achieve any ends, the least sensible things would be much faster. Oh Ya! Or you can always do the less sensible thing> I have plenty of ideas on that as well.
edit on 11pmWednesdaypm282014f3pmWed, 28 May 2014 23:26:18 -0500 by galadofwarthethird because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 29 2014 @ 12:07 AM
link   

a reply to: 727Sky
So what do you think, is it Islam? Is it as some have suggested their culture, or way of life? It seems to me that it is rooted in their religion.

IMO Islam is a culture.. Westerners try to make it a religion like the others they are used to or know about. Islam is a government/religion of laws that does not promise punishment in some after life by God but can be dealt with and handed out in this life. Everything from women being forbidden to swim in the ocean ( water will caress their female parts; no kidding that was a put out a few years ago by one of their clerics) Pedophilia and the marriage of you girls to grown men are just a few things I do not condone... neither do I condone stoning as some biblical punishment for loving someone of not your faith or not of your parents choosing..
The three stage s of Islam are being carried out all over the world.

STAGE ONE—When Muslims are completely outnumbered and can’t possibly win a physical confrontation with unbelievers, they are to live in peace with non-Muslims and preach a message of tolerance. We see an example of this stage when Muhammad and his followers were a persecuted minority in Mecca. Since the Muslims were entirely outnumbered, the revelations Muhammad received during this stage (e.g. “You shall have your religion and I shall have my religion”) called for religious tolerance and proclaimed a future punishment (rather than a worldly punishment) for unbelievers.

STAGE TWO—When there are enough Muslims and resources to defend the Islamic community, Muslims are called to engage in defensive Jihad. Thus, when Muhammad had formed alliances with various groups outside Mecca and the Muslim community had become large enough to begin fighting, Muhammad received Qur’an 22:39-40:

"Permission (to fight) is given to those upon whom war is made because they are oppressed, and most surely Allah is well able to assist them; Those who have been expelled from their homes without a just cause except that they say: our Lord is Allah. . . ."

Although Muslims in the West often pretend that Islam only allows defensive fighting, later revelations show otherwise.

STAGE THREE—When Muslims establish a majority and achieve political power in an area, they are commanded to engage in offensive Jihad. Hence, once Mecca and Arabia were under Muhammad’s control, he received the call the fight all unbelievers. In Surah 9:29, we read:

"Fight those who believe not in Allah nor the Last Day, nor hold that forbidden which hath been forbidden by Allah and His Messenger, nor acknowledge the Religion of Truth, from among the People of the Book, until they pay the Jizyah with willing submission, and feel themselves subdued."

Notice that this verse doesn’t order Muslims to fight oppressors, but to fight those who don’t believe in Islam (including the “People of the Book”—Jews and Christians). Not surprisingly, we find similar commands in Islam’s most trusted collections of ahadith (traditions containing Muhammad’s teachings).

Sahih al-Bukhari 6924—Muhammad said: “I have been ordered to fight the people till they say: La ilaha illallah (none has the right to be worshipped but Allah), and whoever said La ilaha illahllah, Allah will save his property and his life from me.”

Sahih Muslim 30—Muhammad said: “I have been commanded to fight against people so long as they do not declare that there is no god but Allah.”

Here again, the criterion for fighting people is that the people believe something other than Islam. It’s clear, then, that when Muslims rose to power, peaceful verses of the Qur’an were abrogated by verses commanding Muslims to fight people based on their beliefs. Islam’s greatest scholars acknowledge this. For instance, Ibn Kathir (Islam’s greatest commentator on the Qur’an) sums up Stage Three as follows: “Therefore all people of the world should be called to Islam. If anyone of them refuses to do so, or refuses to pay the Jizyah, they should be fought till they are killed.”

Some will say that is Islam of old.. to them I say look around the world. Enclaves in large western cities have turned into a Muslim strong hold where their laws and their religion is carried out every day. Next will come the peaceful request for a breakaway state... When the answer is no then come the guns and bombs... I live this crap in S.E. Asia as school teachers and monks are shot or police stations are bombed once every few months..
True believers who say they are moderate are not following the Koran for..... “Therefore all people of the world should be called to Islam. If anyone of them refuses to do so, or refuses to pay the Jizyah, they should be fought till they are killed.” The apologist will be along shortly and say Jizyah is a form of payment money if you will while disregarding " all people of the world and anyone who refuses part of the sentence". .... What is sad on my part I am past even caring for what will be will be... IMO in some of the Buddhist countries of the world (old cultures with long memories) they won't put up with some of the Islamic culture trying to be fostered on them..
Remember the 30 Chinese that were stabbed a few months ago... ?
landdestroyer.blogspot.com...

May 27, 2014 (Tony Cartalucci - NEO) - As Russia and China signed a historic 30 year, 400 billion dollar natural gas contract, a deadly terror attack carried out in China's northwest province of Xinjiang killed over 30 people and wounded many more. The Wall Street Journal in their report, "Attack at Market Kills Dozens in China's Xinjiang," stated:
Violence again rocked the capital of China's restive Xinjiang region, as explosives thrown from vehicles ripped through a street market, killing 31 people and injuring more than 90, Chinese state media reported

US Backing of Separatists Invokes Suspicion Over Timing of Attack
The timing of the attacks appears to be on cue to disrupt the political shockwave sent across the globe as Russia and China initiated a game-changing energy partnership interpreted by many as a direct and significant counterstroke to US ambitions both in Eastern Europe and the Asia Pacific. Adding to suspicions is the fact that the US contributes significant support for separatist groups in Xinjiang province that vocally advocate the establishment of an autonomous East Turkistan state.
Indeed, first and foremost in backing the Xinjiang Uyghur separatists is the United States through the US State Department’s National Endowment for Democracy (NED). For China, the Western region referred to as “Xinjiang/East Turkistan” has its own webpage on NED’s site covering the various fronts funded by the US

Read the article if interested : as most on this sight know the USA will use any group as patsies to do the destabilization of a geographical area that they have their sights on.. Fund them, arm them send them forth... A policy that I hope does not bite the USA in the butt.

The attacks aimed at diminishing the immediate political fallout for the West regarding the Russian-Chinese natural gas deal are also to remind the world that it will not move out from beneath Wall Street, London, and Brussel's unipolar hegemonic international order without a fight.

edit on 29-5-2014 by 727Sky because: r

posted on May, 29 2014 @ 12:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: markosity1973

originally posted by: sk0rpi0n

But it does not give the other cultures the right to murder people because of such things either
thats opinion. Just who decides who gets what rights? If malaysia decides to execute people for marijuana possession, can you judge them by the standards of a country where marijuana is completely legal. This thread is another example of people telling others how to deal with domestic issues.

It is an opinion based in fact.

As a global society it is our duty to stand up and fight for those without a voice so that they can have the same chance to live in peace and without fear in their home nations.
Nobody asked for a global society and by ''our duty'' do you mean the both of us or just Americans? Because Americans have no right to dictate other cultures how to live,. And no, what you said is just opinion.

posted on May, 29 2014 @ 12:42 AM
link   

a reply to: 3u40r15m

I disagree, there is no way to rationalize this. She should have quietly snuck out in the night and left her insane culture in its literal dust.

I'll second that motion. RUN!

posted on May, 29 2014 @ 12:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: BasementWarriorKryptonite

@

But it does not give the other cultures the right to murder people because of such things either
thats opinion. Just who decides who gets what rights? If malaysia decides to execute people for marijuana possession, can you judge them by the standards of a country where marijuana is completely legal. This thread is another example of people telling others how to deal with domestic issues.

What you're doing is supporting this heinous crime against humanity and you should be utterly ashamed of yourself.

emotional banter....doesn't address a single point. Funny how americans dont care about civilian deaths (including that of pregnant women) they caused in pakistan....but make a scene when they find the right opportunity.

posted on May, 29 2014 @ 12:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: BasementWarriorKryptonite

@

What you're doing is supporting this heinous crime against humanity and you should be utterly ashamed of yourself.

emotional banter....doesn't address a single point. Funny how americans dont care about civilian deaths (including that of pregnant women) they caused in pakistan....but make a scene when they find the right opportunity.

Condemn this act. Condemn it or support it - one or the other. You can shirk answering things sometimes, but you can't this time.

Answer me. Do you condemn or support this woman's murder?

posted on May, 29 2014 @ 12:55 AM
link   

I read this on CNN earlier today, and I found it disgusting. First it was a "kissless virgin" that killed six people because he couldn't get laid. Now it a pregnant woman who got stoned/clubbed to death because she wanted to be with someone else.
The world is going to hell in a hand-basket!! How do these things happen?

Kratos

posted on May, 29 2014 @ 01:36 AM
link   
a reply to: sk0rpi0n

Because Americans have no right to dictate other cultures how to live,. And no, what you said is just opinion

Just read what you wrote above and tell me honestly that it comes from a intellectual and logical mind set.

Murder be murder.........Does that equate an explanation simplistic enough for you?

This ain't about Americans damn it! It's about human beings!

Funny how americans dont care about civilian deaths (including that of pregnant women) they caused in pakistan....but make a scene when they find the right opportunity.

Yet another ignorant and presumptuous stereotype you choose to spout forward in the defense of what sir? I do ask you with all respect. What has came unto you that you believe such a warped and contrived version of reality exists among us "Americans"?

If Americans were SO damned selfish and don't care then why are we here condemning the act?

By your logic; you are the enemy.

Dang dude......

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join