It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pregnant Pakistani woman stoned to death by family

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 28 2014 @ 09:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: lambs to lions

originally posted by: markosity1973

originally posted by: sk0rpi0n
@ markosity..........''case of the OP is religious teaching based, not psychological impairment''......no its a cultural thing. I already mentioned that some cultures (even non-muslim cultures) view pregnancy outside of marriage as an extremely serious issue. Just because some people shrug it off when their spouses are sleeping with somebody else or when their unwed teenage daughters announce they are pregnant or when their sons announce he is proudly homosexual ...does NOT mean other cultures have to live by that example.

But it does not give the other cultures the right to murder people because of such things either. We live in a pluralist society in the west. All of those things you mentioned are controversial here too.

The difference is that we have learned to live and let live, not live and murder anyone who lives in a manner we or our religion disagrees with.

I don't care about differences in cultures.

and that, friends, is the problem in these kinds of threads. A hindu who would never eat beef and views cows as sacred could just as well call Americans 'uncultured' and 'barbaric' because of their beef consumption and declare he doesn't care for cultural differences.

posted on May, 28 2014 @ 09:57 AM
link   

Oh please, you took a specific line from a paragraph I wrote and spun it. What BS game are you playing. I said regardless of culture no one has an excuse to hurt other people for making personal decisions. It's no different that hurting a gay person for their sexual preference. It's ignorant and those people should be respected and protected. You are out of line, and you know it.
edit on 28-5-2014 by lambs to lions because: Add

posted on May, 28 2014 @ 09:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: buster2010

originally posted by: xavi1000
Islam is danger and biggest threat to humanity.Future great war probably will be between humans and brainwashed islamic di*heads.

Unlike so called "Christian nations" that have used two nukes and have been invading and bombing other nations for the last six decades. You cannot judge a whole religion by the actions of a few because if we did that then all Christians are child molesters.

Yes, but we aren't talking about the evils done by the American government in WW2. This is about individuals who practice a religion that condones and encourages killing women for who they choose to love! This is something specific to Muslims all over the world who believe they are acting in accordance with what is demanded of them by their god.

However, since you want to bring 'Christian' nations into the argument and deflect guilt where it is due...what about the Christians? Is there statistics that are actively collected on Christian families who brutally murder women for marrying whom they choose? How about Christians who murder young girls for the way they dress? How about Christians who gang rape women as a form of punishment?

It's not "the actions of a few" like you stated. It's not like some crazed family in a remote village is the only one doing this. It happens throughout the world in Muslim nations.

I wasn't talking about just WW2 America who people like to claim is a Christian nation has been invading and bombing for the last six decades you would know this if you about our history. Many of these nations have never attacked America and that is fact. There is deflect here you cannot blame a whole religion for the actions of a few. So all Christians murders gays because because if of them do it then all of them do it huh?
How American Evangelism Triggered the Murder of Gays Overseas
Or how about how this preacher calls for the government to kill homosexuals?

There is almost two billion Muslims in the world to say that all of them act just like those few is just ignorance.

posted on May, 28 2014 @ 09:59 AM
link   
a reply to: sk0rpi0n

Thing is this just isn't eating beef is it? It is stoning a pregnant woman to death.
If that is fine in that culture it needs to change.
Education is the key here as usual, educate the people and they will not do stupid stuff like this.
Again you have not condoned this act and appear to be sticking up for it.
Do you live in the west? do you want to see this happen in the western world? governments which are theocracies?. Women used as slaves? women with no rights? gay folk being killed?....all this okay with you also?.
Oh and again Iam not just talking about Islam Iam talking about all religion.
edit on 28-5-2014 by boymonkey74 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 28 2014 @ 10:00 AM
link   
This part of the world is Chaostan, this is a Patriachal Society. Men rule over everything. The women know this. I'm certainly not condoning what has happened, they are still stuck in the Book of Deuteronomy and Leviticus. God help them.

Women either step up to stop this little by little over there or play by the rules. She knew, it's deplorable in this day and age to kill your own family member and pregnant on top of it, so two murders here. How does murder make things right?

posted on May, 28 2014 @ 10:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: markosity1973

@ markosity..........''case of the OP is religious teaching based, not psychological impairment''......no its a cultural thing. I already mentioned that some cultures (even non-muslim cultures) view pregnancy outside of marriage as an extremely serious issue. Just because some people shrug it off when their spouses are sleeping with somebody else or when their unwed teenage daughters announce they are pregnant or when their sons announce he is proudly homosexual ...does NOT mean other cultures have to live by that example.

But it does not give the other cultures the right to murder people because of such things either. We live in a pluralist society in the west. All of those things you mentioned are controversial here too.

The difference is that we have learned to live and let live, not live and murder anyone who lives in a manner we or our religion disagrees with.

and that, friends, is the problem in these kinds of threads. A hindu who would never eat beef and views cows as sacred could just as well call Americans 'uncultured' and 'barbaric' because of their beef consumption and declare he doesn't care for cultural differences.

Oh please, you took a specific line from a paragraph I wrote and spun it. What BS game are you playing. I said regardless of culture no one has an excuse to hurt other people for making personal decisions. It's no different that hurting a gay person for their sexual preference. It's ignorant and those people should be respected and protected. You are out of line, and you know it.
you clearly said you dont care about cultural differences in an isolated sentence. You also condoned wars that kill innocents, so long as the leaders are taken out in a different thread. And you also admitted that what you proposed amounted to ''imposing'' your views on somebody else.

posted on May, 28 2014 @ 10:30 AM
link   

some cultures take pregnancy outside of marriage as an EXTREMELY serious issue and deal with it violently OUTSIDE of a religious context.

It's a culture based upon a misogynistic religion. You keep failing to address that.

This thread is another example of people telling others how to deal with domestic issues.

That's what you continually do with America and Christians ... so you should be used to it.

you also admitted that what you proposed amounted to ''imposing'' your views on somebody else.

Again ... that's what you continually do with Americans and Christians ... so you should be used to it.

BOTTOM LINE ... so tell us Skorpion ... was it all the pregnant womans fault that she and her unborn child were murdered by the neanderthals simply because she dared to marry outside of Islam? Yes or no? Was it all right?

posted on May, 28 2014 @ 10:34 AM
link   

I do respect the culture of others. I don't think that I'm alone here when I say I don't respect an aspect of a culture that condones murder of pregnant women for nothing! As far as something I said in another thread: Yes, I am biased. Just like anyone else, I believe my opinions are correct. I don't think leaders of other countries should be spouting off rhetoric about destroying America. I don't think these radical religious leaders of nations should be able to get away with sponsoring death and terrorism against Western nations. I do think there should be consequences for them. I do believe that there will be a large conflict in the middle-east at some point in the future and I will openly support the powers that allow for freedom of expression.

posted on May, 28 2014 @ 10:38 AM
link   
a reply to: FlyersFan

He still hasn't condemed the act...this tells me much about him.
Pfftft.

posted on May, 28 2014 @ 10:39 AM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

Excuse me ALL EXTREMIST not just RELGIOUS EXTREMIST are bad. Stop focusing just on "abrahamic" religons alone and be honest in your example.

As for this situation. its a shame. they are brainwashed since birth into it though.They are all victims.

posted on May, 28 2014 @ 10:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: FlyersFan

some cultures take pregnancy outside of marriage as an EXTREMELY serious issue and deal with it violently OUTSIDE of a religious context.

It's a culture based upon a misogynistic religion..
i already said cultures resort to violence outside of religious context. Make an attempt to R-E-A-D peoples posts, flyersfan.

posted on May, 28 2014 @ 10:51 AM
link   
a reply to: buster2010

I'm not saying there isn't morons among Christians. There are, ex. Westboro Baptist. I'm not saying that these countries have "attacked" America either. However, one may argue that they have via proxy groups through terrorism. So I shouldn't blame an entire religion? Who should I blame then? Where did these people get this idea? Is there some other religion they have faith in that is telling them that this behavior is necessary? There are Christians who believe that you will burn in hell for all kinds of things. They got that idea from their interpretation of the bible. Can I not in turn say that these morons got their dumb@$$ ideas from the Koran? Seems like one religion may condemn folks for their beliefs, while the other executes people for their beliefs.

If you want to test your conviction you could stroll down a quiet neighborhood in Pakistan preaching the Christian gospel and see what happens to you...meanwhile, Muslims can do the same on my block and fear no danger.

posted on May, 28 2014 @ 11:03 AM
link   

I do respect the culture of others. I don't think that I'm alone here when I say I don't respect an aspect of a culture that condones murder of pregnant women for nothing! As far as something I said in another thread: Yes, I am biased. Just like anyone else, I believe my opinions are correct.
then you MUST respect how other cultures deal with pregnancy outside of marriage. Its their thing. Stay out of it.

I don't think leaders of other countries should be spouting off rhetoric about destroying America. I don't think these radical religious leaders of nations should be able to get away with sponsoring death and terrorism against Western nations. .
and muslims dont think western leaders should spout threats against muslim countries and get away with carrying out invasions and drone bombings. Whats good for the goose is good for the gander.

posted on May, 28 2014 @ 11:06 AM
link   

So you think it is ok to stone a pregnant woman to death? I wish you would just answer the darn question.
Are you living in the west? were you born here? do you want the west to adopt these barbaric laws?.

posted on May, 28 2014 @ 11:07 AM
link   

Your running in circles buddy.

Answer what you've been asked above.

posted on May, 28 2014 @ 11:08 AM
link   

then you MUST respect how other cultures deal with pregnancy outside of marriage. Its their thing. Stay out of it.

[/post] Well that little insight into your opinion frankly disturbs me.[/post]

edit on 28-5-2014 by lambs to lions because: (no reason given)

edit on 28-5-2014 by lambs to lions because: (no reason given)

edit on 28-5-2014 by lambs to lions because: what the heck

posted on May, 28 2014 @ 11:09 AM
link   

I believe my opinions are correct.

well I believe my opinions are correct too. So I guess I am as 'correct' as you are.

posted on May, 28 2014 @ 11:10 AM
link   

Can you answer my questions please above...clarify your position please.

posted on May, 28 2014 @ 11:12 AM
link   

a reply to: buster2010

I'm not saying there isn't morons among Christians. There are, ex. Westboro Baptist. I'm not saying that these countries have "attacked" America either. However, one may argue that they have via proxy groups through terrorism. So I shouldn't blame an entire religion? Who should I blame then? Where did these people get this idea? Is there some other religion they have faith in that is telling them that this behavior is necessary? There are Christians who believe that you will burn in hell for all kinds of things. They got that idea from their interpretation of the bible. Can I not in turn say that these morons got their dumb@$$ ideas from the Koran? Seems like one religion may condemn folks for their beliefs, while the other executes people for their beliefs.

If you want to test your conviction you could stroll down a quiet neighborhood in Pakistan preaching the Christian gospel and see what happens to you...meanwhile, Muslims can do the same on my block and fear no danger.
I am sure there are places in even Saudi arabia which you could easily go to and preach real Christianity or judaism ,etc.

posted on May, 28 2014 @ 11:13 AM
link   

I can't figure out how to respond other than to say that it sounds like you are condoning the murder of pregnant women...is that right?

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join