It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATSecret Attraction

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 28 2014 @ 11:51 PM
link   
a reply to: AnteBellum

The human mind is a malleable thing. Our imaginations gets the best of us sometimes, and the think about imagination. Well the worlds we build in our heads are generally more defined and more better then the real world. Words are probably the easiest way to sway or build images in our heads or in other peoples heads, much more so then images because we would have to build the image instead of having the image thrust at us. Have you even had this phenomenon were you read something once were it moved you so much, but if it was expressed in another medium it would not have the same effect. Its generally because of one thing, a vagueness which is expressed in our own minds our own heads is generally better then the actual real thing.

It a I suppose what you would call an obvious secret, that we all do not live in any so called real world. No joking, there have even been experiments on perceptions of things on mass groups, think there was a few threads on it here, or maybe there will be latter, I forgot really. But anyways ask a group of people on any single thing even a simple thing as a chair or fruit or color and the subtle differences are not always noticeable but they are there in the way we view them. Yes even simple concrete things and items in life are not seen the same way in exactly the same dimensions and subtle thing differ from person to person in any given time and place, its all merely like that trick were if you leave a blank in any conversation. [ ] The mind will fill in the gap automatically and unconsciously. We all our life's in our heads and the majority just dont know it....Yet.

So yes its all and exactly as you think it is, and in between all that there are other whole worlds, which you will only glimpse now and then. But like dreams will be gone when the morning comes.

As for your whole ATSecret Attraction thing, well you could just be seeing things. No pun intended.

posted on May, 28 2014 @ 11:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: ManBehindTheMask
Quite an interesting thread with all the replies, and I have to say some good insights.

Its my opinion that bonds that form before there is any physical attraction seem to be longer lasting, at least in my experience.......

I would however be interested on what the inbox looks like for people who have commented on this thread now!

erm .. inbox ????? Am notorious for forgetting to check inbox .. and slow at reply to inbox ... english gives me headaches .. plus with all the cobwebs .. dust .. and who knows what may be hiding in there .. some things are best left unkown ...

posted on May, 29 2014 @ 12:47 AM
link   
Anyone up for a highschool popularity contest? Thanks for the laugh.

posted on May, 29 2014 @ 12:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: SheopleNation
Whenever Phage responds to one of my posts, I hear the voice of this condescending science teacher from back in high school, who was a very good man though I must say. ~$heopleNation

i hear and see david beckham

posted on May, 29 2014 @ 01:06 AM
link   
a reply to: zazzafrazz

*stalks Zazz*

posted on May, 29 2014 @ 01:51 AM
link   

It could be..anything is possible. Just remember this place amplifies the madness. Whether its for the better or the worse, I guess it depends on you
Also if you have any impressions of me feel free to share (u2u preferred) maybe you can hone and perfect your abilities.

posted on May, 29 2014 @ 01:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: leolady

I'm in agreement with ya.

I'm drawn to ATS like a magnet but not against my will.

I get what your talking about.

Think about that show The Voice... where the judges listen and feel and see the singers but they don't literally see who it is singing until after they have chosen, then they turn around and get to see with their physical eyes...

Its kinda the same thing here. You are learning about other ATS'rs without the other pre-conceived biases we deal with in normal societal daily life. You are building the people in your mind all based on what they write here. But you have not seen them physically in the real world and you don't get to see their mannerisms or habits or what they look like (unless they post a photo-but its still not the same). You don't get to utilize all the stereotypes and societal hang ups that we have been taught to use since birth. You are using other senses to pick through the minds that come here and discover things about that person that you might otherwise never have had the chance or be willing to do if you were to have met them face to face first.

leolady

totally

agree with this .. thanks .. nearly stole the words out of my mouth ..

posted on May, 29 2014 @ 02:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: sled735

originally posted by: AnteBellum
a reply to: jacygirl

Hi Jacy!

I have to use you as an example because you are one of the first to enter the thread that illustrates what I've been talking about.
You joined ATS almost to the day I left the site in 2011. Back in late March this year, recently back on, I came across a post of yours somewhere on here for the first time. Instantly before I read anything you wrote or knew anything about you, I 'felt' something. Of course I looked at your profile and such, but there was nothing out of the ordinary to make me feel drawn to you in some way. It just happened at first glance - BOOM!
Now when I see you here I feel like I'm talking to one of my long lost friends from high school, it's very sister-ish. I can't explain it and I don't know the reason for it yet. I don't even really know you that well, there are others here that I speak to more, but the feeling is very strong with you.
I don't get it yet???

Sometimes you will run into a "kindred spirit" or another member of your "soul group". Your meeting is no accident, wherever it may be.
We all have information/friendship/whatever, that we are meant to give to this person (even when we don't realize it) when they need it.
The "attraction" is because we recognize them on a "soul level", IMO.

I have made threads where only one person would post saying how much they appreciated the message I gave, and how it helped them to see things differently and improve their life. Those threads were "meant for them", and I somehow knew it. It didn't bother me that others ridiculed it, disagreed, etc. The message got to the person(s) that was meant to see it. That's all that was important to me.

I think our spirit guides will make sure we find each other to share the message we have for them when the time is right.
That "time" is when you have that over-whelming feeling that you know them. It could be felt as an "attraction".

Does that make sense to you?

excellent post..!

I agree ..

posted on May, 29 2014 @ 03:10 AM
link   

Excellent Thread and opening post~!

I've never been a lurker on ATS .. I joined immediately and never went off the grid from day one.. although it was close just recently. I've been in chat rooms since 1999 -present and can tell you that it's not weird to me only because I attribute it to my spirit speaking through my mind in words on a page ...because we are spirit beings that live in a body and posses a mind to reason ..(IMO ) I call it the gift of Discernment, knowing people who they REALLY inside regardless of how they act.

Because we all are spirit beings, we're interpreting with our spirits not our minds, trust me as completely as weird as that sounds.. I can tell you this. I've known a few people on ATS that were on the boards for a month and knew they were going to be mods fairly soon .. 1 month later they were. One member, was posting threads and I knew they were someone who was hiding behind the wall of text for another purpose, and messaged them and told them basically that I knew that the threads were the real 'you' .. they were shocked that I knew this ..

or we hold the true gift of being a empath ...must like Dianna Troy in Star Trek Next Gen ...or even a Jedi for that matter ..that is what I truly believe and It still happens to me even this very day, chat rooms or boards. It's a gift, I see it mostly used by women, .. it's a gift and can be increased if exercised in quietness of meditation and prayer.

posted on May, 29 2014 @ 05:20 AM
link   

interesting story, sis.

i'd say your time here has been more...i dunno "existential", than mine...i've been here a decade..active for most of it, was a lurker during the old days....

more often than not, i find myself feeling as if i may have a stroke, because some of the crap people say here, is infuriating beyond description....not only in terms of stupidity content, but in just plain wrong-mindedness..don't get me wrong, i've had some fascinating discussions here, and some absolutely brilliant debates, and there are quite a few people here i'd be more than happy to hang out with in real life....but with the exception of them, the extent of my feeling like i "know" posters, is usually limited to me thinking they are either insane, or complete assholes...

congrats on your experience in "attraction". perhaps it's a rare gift....or perhaps it's a sign you need to get out more -shrug- who's to say?...certainly not me..
edit on 5-29-2014 by Daedalus because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 29 2014 @ 08:59 AM
link   

I agree with your sentiments, people round here have become like characters out of a novel, a pleasure to read.

posted on May, 29 2014 @ 09:02 AM
link   
My professional opinion...you're just fine

We all make attachments our own way. While I wouldn't personally say I was attracted to anyone on here, I was very attracted to who they were. When I was super active here back a few years I was very attached to a few posters here. I won't embarass them but yeah I felt as if I had something there between us. Not romantic mind you but a closeness

It happens
edit on 29-5-2014 by KyoZero because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 29 2014 @ 09:06 AM
link   
a reply to: skyblueworld

That is a great metaphor for it.
I am trying to reason most of this out, but still I think there may be something else to it, even in a small dose.

a reply to: KyoZero

I agree the people from years ago were very different. At one point there was a huge influx of users, now the pot seems as if it has leveled off. Most posts are now made by accounts I've seen several times.

edit on 5/29/2014 by AnteBellum because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 29 2014 @ 09:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: MrSpad
I think it is only natural to begin to feel as if you truly know people you see, hear or interact with on a regular basis. Kind of like how people watch daily talk shows or listen to daily radios show not so much because of what the shows are about but, more that you have formed an attachment to those people. Or it could be aliens, hard to tell.

To combine your point with some of the others already expressed, the difference between sharing online thoughts and RL can be a shocker when you see someone you've only listened to on a regular basis (holds true for online acquaintances as well). A Dave Ramsey, John B. Wells or Jim Marrs almost never look like the picture you've formed in your mind while listening to them. It can be a shocker, but I've learned to appreciate the humor of the experience.

P.S. For some strange reason I wasn't surprised at all the first time I saw Art Bell.

posted on May, 29 2014 @ 09:44 AM
link   
Keep as much of your lives off the internet as possible, you strange exhibitionists. The thought that one is interacting while sitting alone in a room is a paradox and dangerous; and consequently, very amusing to witness.

posted on May, 29 2014 @ 09:51 AM
link   

I'm attracted to a lot of minds on here because there is a level of compassion shown by a few that makes me feel connected spiritually to them. It's a simple case of the Law of Attraction, we are drawn to each other on a spiritual/vibrational level.
EvilChimp is a recent friend due to our very similar outlook on life.

Keep up the great work guys, we're a special bunch here.

posted on May, 29 2014 @ 09:55 AM
link   
a reply to: LesMisanthrope

Sorry but you are still living in the old world, the new world technology is going to be used heavily for social interactions and they have expanded humanity and brought us all closer together as a global family.
Eventually there will be a balance achieved but at the moment it's all new and exciting so people seem to be more detached in local gatherings but it will balance out in the not so distant future.

Embracing technology & change is inevitable.

posted on May, 29 2014 @ 10:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope
Keep as much of your lives off the internet as possible, you strange exhibitionists. The thought that one is interacting while sitting alone in a room is a paradox and dangerous; and consequently, very amusing to witness.

You will really get a kick out of this!
YOU are a member that I have an inexplicable 'fondness' for. Many times I whole-heartedly agree with what you've said, and other times I find myself amused. This time, I just disagree that we are exhibitionists. Peoples' reasons for being here are personal, and most likely completely individual...just like the person themselves.

mclarenmp4...I just hope that your vision for our future is correct, and it doesn't turn out like the movie "Her"...where everyone is plugged into their own little world, and people barely connect face to face.

jacygirl

posted on May, 29 2014 @ 10:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope

ARE you telling me that i need to go out more into the big bad world

posted on May, 29 2014 @ 10:40 AM
link   

I must admit, that avatar is attractive in itself. Kinda makes it hard to disagree with any opposing viewpoint you may have (not that I've seen anything worthy of dispute from you BTW).

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10 >>

join