It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATSecret Attraction

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 28 2014 @ 03:22 PM
link   
a reply to: AnteBellum

It's working....

~Tenth

posted on May, 28 2014 @ 03:26 PM
link   
I am of the opinion that (quite probably misguided) the attraction one may feel to someone is,as in universal terms, related to the stars they have...the more stars the greater the attraction.
My star count of course indicates that I am on a par with an undiscovered backwater globular cluster hidden behind the only black hole in the universe that refuses to act as a gravitational lense.
Be well all.

posted on May, 28 2014 @ 03:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Jonjonj
I never actually notice 'star' count until after I've replied.
Not really as sure as you are that stars make much difference outside of polarised topics such as religious fath or whatever.

posted on May, 28 2014 @ 04:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Kangaruex4Ewe
This is funnier coming from you because every time I see your avatar my brain immediately thinks, "Meanwhile, Australia is down there like, "WFT Mate?" " in that bad accent of his.

Concerning OP: I think I have felt this way on another site before. I don't visit that one anymore, but it just seemed very intimate, I felt a lot of compassion towards everyone and many would go out of their way via comments to share how much my comments helped them.

This site it a lot more about what you know, where your skill-sets lie and if you are brave/stupid enough to really delve into your and other's opinions. I throw a random comment out every now and then, but I don't garner much attention which makes the site feel a bit chillier than I imagine it would if I had a really loud voice.
edit on 28-5-2014 by awakendhybrid because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 28 2014 @ 04:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: grainofsand
a reply to: Jonjonj
I never actually notice 'star' count until after I've replied.
Not really as sure as you are that stars make much difference outside of polarised topics such as religious fath or whatever.

You may have noticed that I was not sure at all about my theory by the words I used. But that's ok , I realise that I speak in the most convoluted way.
Anyway, I agree with the op in that I do indeed add voices and even personalities to those I read, perhaps the star thing is related to the frequency of posts.

posted on May, 28 2014 @ 04:48 PM
link   
It could have something to do with the production of organic micro chips and the new coding of ats. It was back in 95 when an mit student first devoloped the organic chip and sold it to be used in the xbox. Good luck finding any references to that but i do remember he was a chinese man.

posted on May, 28 2014 @ 04:54 PM
link   

Excellent opening post !!

So true. Some members grow into you, I guess, that's how I see it. At first, it's just words on a screen, then getting to know some members a little better and then, over time, a certain familiarity comes into play. There are some members here that I truly like, some that I truly love.

Some members bring a smile to my face, no matter on which board I cross their paths, no matter the topic. Some members still impress me with their acute intelligence and common sense. ATS, over the years, has become a second family.

As for voices, yeah, that can be a shock to reality lol...the numerous shows of ATSLive sometimes bring a member on, or two (or three) that I had imagined their voices to be in some different way. No offense Nef

And just so you know, AnteBellum, you are one of those members that I enjoy seeing here and there...

A definite S&F !!

posted on May, 28 2014 @ 05:38 PM
link   
a reply to: awakendhybrid

I still literally lol at that video when I see it. I wish I talked like that regardless of how atrocious the accent is.

I don't mind it if that's the way you hear my posts... mate.

ETA - For those of you wondering what video...

edit on 5/28/2014 by Kangaruex4Ewe because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 28 2014 @ 05:40 PM
link   
a reply to: grainofsand

Oh wow I love some of your words.

Non-digital mates

Alpha-keyboard

This is good stuff.

posted on May, 28 2014 @ 06:11 PM
link   
There is a bond that happens between members of this site, no question. I feel that I would much rather be in a room full of ATS members, sharing a beer and good conversation. I feel like I can relate to ATS members more than the proles of every day life that want to comment on weather or sports. I would much rather hear someone who is a skeptic of media, than a sheep following whatever the pretty newscaster says.

As for the absence from 2011 on, was it a vacation to the sandy shores of Guantanamo Bay or a camping trip at the lovely Camp FEMA? I'm sure both are nice around this time of year. I bet both places have a bunk ready for our types there.

posted on May, 28 2014 @ 06:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: AnteBellum
a reply to: jacygirl

Hi Jacy!

I have to use you as an example because you are one of the first to enter the thread that illustrates what I've been talking about.
You joined ATS almost to the day I left the site in 2011. Back in late March this year, recently back on, I came across a post of yours somewhere on here for the first time. Instantly before I read anything you wrote or knew anything about you, I 'felt' something. Of course I looked at your profile and such, but there was nothing out of the ordinary to make me feel drawn to you in some way. It just happened at first glance - BOOM!
Now when I see you here I feel like I'm talking to one of my long lost friends from high school, it's very sister-ish. I can't explain it and I don't know the reason for it yet. I don't even really know you that well, there are others here that I speak to more, but the feeling is very strong with you.
I don't get it yet???

Sometimes you will run into a "kindred spirit" or another member of your "soul group". Your meeting is no accident, wherever it may be.
We all have information/friendship/whatever, that we are meant to give to this person (even when we don't realize it) when they need it.
The "attraction" is because we recognize them on a "soul level", IMO.

I have made threads where only one person would post saying how much they appreciated the message I gave, and how it helped them to see things differently and improve their life. Those threads were "meant for them", and I somehow knew it. It didn't bother me that others ridiculed it, disagreed, etc. The message got to the person(s) that was meant to see it. That's all that was important to me.

I think our spirit guides will make sure we find each other to share the message we have for them when the time is right.
That "time" is when you have that over-whelming feeling that you know them. It could be felt as an "attraction".

Does that make sense to you?

edit on 5/28/2014 by sled735 because: change comment

posted on May, 28 2014 @ 06:41 PM
link   
It’s true, that, when I read, posts, I sometimes without realizing, manifest a voice, to, may be, try, and capture what, I feel the person is about, with the words they write, the voice I assign clarifies the association, to help me , digest the data.
As for, tripping into certain threads or starting one, for some of kind of reason, I can relate to this.

posted on May, 28 2014 @ 06:51 PM
link   
a reply to: sled735

Hi sled!!
I agree with what you said, especially regarding 'kindred spirit'. Some of the members that I have grown close to, have used the same words.
It doesn't surprise me really. I think just by being members here, we are kindred spirits in as much as we have the interest in conspiracy theories in common. (except for the members who come here just to be idiots...I don't include them.)
You are another member that I feel friendship for, even though we have barely spoken. I've read a lot of your threads and feel that you are another of my 'kindred spirits', lol.
I also seem to 'bond' almost instantly with many members here. I think of them fondly, and always try to read what they have written.
My 'Shed' family, are definitely meant to be in my life. They entered at a time that I was feeling quite low and lonely...and their love and words kept me going. I only wish that I could know people in my 'real life' that are as outstanding as the many that I've met here.

jacygirl

posted on May, 28 2014 @ 07:40 PM
link   
Whenever Phage responds to one of my posts, I hear the voice of this condescending science teacher from back in high school, who was a very good man though I must say. ~$heopleNation

posted on May, 28 2014 @ 07:42 PM
link   
a reply to: jacygirl

Thank you, Jacygirl. Right back at'cha.

I'm off to work now, so have a good night.

posted on May, 28 2014 @ 08:54 PM
link   

Its ok, I feel the same way about you.. how you doing.. lol

posted on May, 28 2014 @ 09:49 PM
link   
My friend, there are many forums and web sites that are designed for certain purposes and subjects and some seem very distracting,disturbing or mis-leading, than you have some that are good and bring a arsenal of helpful information, now some people who visit these places that are having mental issues can take in subjects negative or positive as well, i as well joined this forum when they first came out, after a few life stressing situations and medicated for stress, i found myself not living in reality as the meds were designed to make you not healed from your situation and found myself posting things one day good things, others having no idea what i was writing...

It seems the secret world is having a psychological war on our minds, I knew I had to correct the problem because so many kept telling me i was nuts, after awhile i found them to be correct and corrected my problem, slowly i detached myself from the medications that made me very paranoid, I seem to be very connected to some posts more than others, it's like your mind has interest in the things that seem to effect us negatively...so my only tip for you is if you are on certain meds try to get off the poisons,eat healthy and listen to radio shows that supplies you positive information on suppliments and great meds that heals in many forms... I cant tell you the names of meds, but listen to the Power hour show and they give you a bank full of awesome informations and connections, Alex Jones radio show also provides info too... we have to ask ourselves sometimes are we reading something that appears to be real or something that is diverting us from reality, I like ATS because they file each subject with its own forum and you can read and like only subjects you like about avoiding others you don't care about...

So you have to be wise in what you read, if people posting they know something but dont back it up with proof or links i try to avoid them, Life can be easy if you relax, think about what you reading and try to write in note pad first and see if it looks good before you post, I had to reread your article twice to understand it and its not because of you, its because things around me are a bit busy, traffic noises and kids..lol So I find a great deal of information here that helps me from health to whats going on into my world, if you have no interest in subjects just avoid connecting to them. Good luck bro and don't worried about what others say negatively, just worry about the good stuff... Reply to evil with just a smiley face...they hate kindness, they are fishing for negative reactions because they are good at evil and causing anger, when you only smiles it turns their heat up in their hell and it drives them nuts...lol Peace bro.

posted on May, 28 2014 @ 09:52 PM
link   
a reply to: takebackamerica2014

Dont mean to be rude but......

WHat on earth are you talking about bud?

posted on May, 28 2014 @ 09:54 PM
link   
a reply to: ManBehindTheMask

I lol^ was wondering the same it's as if he just started ranting without context

posted on May, 28 2014 @ 10:09 PM
link   

ATS is Sane, if you doubt that, Try Facebook.................. That is a professed Junk Yard.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join