It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATSecret Attraction

page: 10
<< 7  8  9   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 30 2014 @ 02:18 AM
link   
The first thing that came to my mind is a personal experience...

First and foremost, i'm not a very 'chatty' person, never have, likely never will. On the flip side of things, I do share my personal experiences with people, whom at the time I feel urged to share with for a number of reasons. Mostly intended to gain some insight, or provide insight.
I heard a quote awhile back and it is constantly on the back-burner of my thoughts.

You have two ears, and one mouth for a reason. To Talk half as much as you listen.

Onto the experience:

At the time I was 18, and enjoyed playing a MMORPG. For the time I played the game, I had my chat set to off 90% of the time.

I remember I was focused on a certain skill, and one location on the game's map I would go to. Simply because of very, very low player traffic in that area. If more players were there it would've taken ALOT longer of a time period to gain xp for that skill.

Upon arriving there, another player was there. Whom started conversation, and it continued, and continued. Eventually leading to me forming an online friendship via the game.
As time progressed, we both felt a special connection for each other. We decided to take it further and start a long distance relationship(1600+kms apart).

I eventually flew to her hometown, where I stayed for a months time at her home. Our connection, got strong, and stronger. If there was a limit, we reached it. At least I did(I can only speak for myself). She even had a premonition/warning early one morning regarding an event that happened later that day.

Although I didn't experience what your describing, I think they are similar, or we are talking the same energy/pathway, I feel it's similar, if not the same 'connection' you claim to experience.

Time progressed, as did our relationship. She was a student at the time, and having roots in Poland she traveled often. Through her school they had some sort of exchange program, where students from other countries would reside with selected families of the school. She had a girl from Brazil stay with her in the past. She become good friends with her, and was offered time in Brazil from the same friend. School ended, and she took the trip to Brazil.

One night, I woke up suddenly. Not from any nightmares, or loud noises or anything that would typically wake a person. I awoke to a feeling i've never experienced before, and still haven't! I knew, with every fibre of my being that something was wrong. I couldn't put my finger on it, I just knew something was wrong. It's so hard to describe the feeling, for i've never felt anything even remotely similar, to this day.

Later that evening I spoke with her on the phone, she was behaving oddly. Definitely not herself, and she expressed to me everything was going well, more than once(because I asked more than once)

As it turns out, I dug up an email she sent to her friend back in her hometown. She basically 'cheated' . She went against our mutual relationship agreement. 'We will be faithful to each other'...

To this day, I've never felt the same connection to anyone(The 'connection' and the feeling of something was wrong). Perhaps because i've kept my guard up vigilantly. I keep very reserved, always have, especially my thoughts, and emotions.

My theory is that we can choose to connect with others', energy, consciousness, unsure exactly what label to use. I do believe both parties must be willing to share this connection. We can send information back and forth via this connection, pathway etc. Some people perhaps attach this connection to their expressions, for example, their writing on online forums. Where you pick up on it and get a 'feel' for the person who's left their imprint/energy lingering.

I visualize it as an invisible rope that relays information, or just lingers, while 'connected'(in my case). So once I made the decision to 'separate' from that relationship, so did the rope.

To add, the ENTIRE experience with her, and going to her home town, was an important spiritual journey.
Many, many lessons from that experience, most important i'd say the spiritual aspects.

I would really appreciate your thoughts/feelings on my experience and how it relates to you. Do you pick up/feel anything while/after reading my post?

Thank you for sharing your experience and thoughts, I read your post early this morning. It's now past midnight, and i've thought about this post all day. I also felt and still feel a very strong urge to share my experience with you, or perhaps this website?...

That's it, the monkeys upstairs have been cranking the gears all day and have stopped. Literally, it's like writers block. So with that, thank you again! Much appreciation for sharing.

Cheers, and G'nite(Or G'day)

a reply to: AnteBellum

posted on May, 30 2014 @ 08:06 AM
link   
a reply to: caskatoon

Thanks for sharing that and I do understand your perspective on this for I have experienced it in the 'real' world often. The odd thing or the point of the thread is that it has now crossed over a bit for me into my web based reality, for lack of a better term.
I know some on here don't understand this and neither do I for that matter. I am an extremely skeptical person, with a stance that truth often lies in the facts. Facts in this case, I could never substantiate. With that said this will reside with me until further incidents occur as a psychological reaction, some inert psychic power making its way to the surface or something more nefarious.

It was great to 'hear' all of your comments, I'm glad this thread received the credit I thought it deserved.

posted on May, 30 2014 @ 08:53 AM
link   
a reply to: LesMisanthrope

The idea that love or attraction goes through circuits, wires and computer screens is nonsensical at best. You sit in a room interacting with a computer screen and a keyboard. What you are attracted to in this instance is no actual person besides yourself, your own ideas and your own fantasies.

I agree completely with your statement up to this point:

Sure we know that a person is typing the words on your screen, but everything you think you know about that person is indicative of how little you know them.

Here is where I actually find it to be just the opposite.
Avatars are a direct expression of ourselves, we choose them individually and they represent a personal aspect of our experiences and how we wish to be perceived by the public. Example being how we study art and artists and the styles and metaphors they use. It is very easy to see into the lives of say, Dali vs. H.R.Giger and just how different they are, just by looking at their work.
Writing styles can be extremely revealing also. Whether deliberate or subconscious subtle cues can tell a lot about a person from where they are from to education level. Tone and wording all play a factor in it and then of course is what that person has actually written.
All these traits paint a rather different picture from user to user. It is personally made and personally received but still some bits of personality trickle through.

Now do I think I can describe a person exactly from a post on a website - No! But I do think at times I see more then just an avatar and words on a screen. And in the point of this thread sometimes it 'feels' as if there is more then that due to some unknown 'attraction'.

posted on May, 30 2014 @ 07:10 PM
link   
a reply to: 12m8keall2c

Wow - short, sweet, to the point, nailed it...

posted on May, 30 2014 @ 09:32 PM
link   
In this place, this universe or call it what you want, we do chose our what you would call attractions. And not in the way most people think, though all ways are viable, they are all merely just expressions. Many people get premonitions, and you can even read peoples minds if you so wanted to, but its not all that its cracked up to be. There is no secret to attraction, never was, people just interpret it differently. So yes its no secret why you met that one girl and its no secret why it all ended, and there is no secret why you had a premonition about it, right on the dot.

We are all just manifestations of energies at different stages, and literally its just that like attract like, that is off course unless you are a electron looking for your proton, your plus to your minus, because rarely do humans look for there minus to there plus you dig? But anyways! People tend to overlook basic thing, ie when you lonely you tend to look for things or people who would fill in that charge in you life, and lo and behold sooner or latter the universe will deliver, in this day and age the digital form being a likely way of meting those ends.

Its no mystery again like I said its merely a given almost overwhelming probability that it will happen, or at least for 99% of the majority of people. Its not a miracle, in fact you may call it common sense, the whole world is layered out and you can read it and every single person in it, and yes even everything and every thought they have in there head, in fact most thoughts that they have in there head, are written on there faces and in there reactions for most people. And in the online world, well its written in there words which convey through the same does apply. At any given point in any given time every single person has done that to one degree or another. And a real psychic is merely but a master of the obvious.

So ya bro, though your question was not aimed at me, it was left lingering. And really what you feel, or what people feel, any and all sort of attraction, is all just merely a representation of them at a state and point in time. People feel happy, people feel sad, people feel good or feel crappy, its all just the turning of a wheel not unlike the turning of the seasons. And in this duality there is something to be said for every centrality and even neutrality. And so when sad or even when least expected you tend to find that what your looking for even if its a sense of something, in among the living though what are you surprised that they tend to pick the surprise me option/path, people do like surprises you know which is why among humans in the mating games its generally left to winds.

But in that there are also unpleasant surprises, and for everybody looking for there so called perfect fit or proton to sort of say, there is also the fact that misery does like some company. The stew of life and love as you see and no doubt have seen with you ex is quite a conundrum and generally it just varies, there are probably hundreds if not thousands of little things which can make or break that bond or even dictate if there will be a bond at all. Merely the off chance of a random mood at the wrong time will do that, or a bunch of other things. Most people just take it as it is, only a few would ask themself "have I counted all the the things that go in to making this and such situations?" And even amongst them they stop counting somewhere when they reach around ten thousand variables and variations or so.

Which is why, my friend albeit what people say, things are sometimes quite obvious especially when it comes to attraction even online random attraction in any category be it just a passing fancy or something even if sharing a hobby and interest, Thought most people tend to be quote on quote generally geared toward some particular things, and in those the most its generally the most muddied by those involved, generally to give the appearance of something more or deeper waters. Its a thing people do, but in all like attracts like, and like begets like even if they dont know it, or see it, or are completely convinced otherwise, or they dont want to admit it. Even in the most different of peoples or couples if I bother looking I can pin point a whole sleuth of similarities, so much so that its just becomes kind of obvious and pointless.

Don't believe me, well here is a video that could explain it better then I care to, in a much shorter time.

So yes dude, your and her were what you would call soulmates, but that does not mean much. And that to is just a slippery slope, and in fact you can cut that string right off, if you but knew how. Its not so much a bond as some things have a habit of repeating themselfs, sometimes they repeat themself in daily events, and sometimes they repeat themself even through time and space and even through dimensions, and what you really put the most effort in supporting, is what you are likely to get, that applies to people as well as pretty much everything else. And sometimes that stuff just gets complicated, and things flow apart. Such bonds are nowhere near as strong as people like to think.

As for this internet phenomenon that people tend to think is such a big deal. Well! Not withstanding that I can tell you some stories, and the ones I would not make up, and you would least likely to believe, but by off chance they would happen would be the true ones. Well I would not put to much stock in such things, on the internet anybody can be anybody, and if I wanted to I can pretty much be anybody or anything online and you believe it or not would not even know it. Or maybe I'm just yanking your chain. Whatever the case, the internet, all forms of such social media such as ATS or Facebook or all other, are merely just that. You can have fun, and its sometimes a ride, and sometimes more of a ride then you can know.

But there are dangers in making of it more then it is. And in all! Its all just a tool, to make more of it then that is like making more of matchsticks then they are, I mean sure you can call your box of matches the divine fervor of the gods, you can even set your house on fire if not careful, but really its just a box of matches. All this internet hupla is no different. Well we have been on this ride more then once, even the thing called life is a ride, and all have been on that ride a few times, and some even know and remember that its just a ride. At one point in time its something that everybody has done in there own way, I suppose you and the OP and some others are what you would call a bit more visual people. My younger brother is what you would call a visual person, in fact the dude wont read a book to save his life, in fact I dont think he has read anything they didn't make him read at high school his whole life. But one day, if he shall happen to chance upon it, on a bored and lonely afternoon, who knows he may even pick up a book and have a whole world of weird sensations happen to him of which he never felt before. What I am saying is, he may have an epiphany and just may one day know what generations of Dungeon and Dragons nerds or Tolkien fans nerds have felt years and years ago when they leveled up there make believe charter which they wrote on paper to level 40 or there first travels through Gondor. In fact for all I know that just may blow his mind. Ha!

edit on 9pmFridaypm302014f5pmFri, 30 May 2014 21:35:56 -0500 by galadofwarthethird because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2014 @ 11:13 AM
link   
Your welcome. I know it was a bit of a read.

I just want to ad, when I read, from a book, online, or any other source, I 'speak' the words I read in my mind. I hear my 'inner' voice (for lack of better terms) Where as, maybe you invent a voice for particular members. I think the sub conscious plays an important part of what your experiencing.

Another example of being connected to people, whether they're 5' away, or 1000kms away, You ever think to yourself, I wish ' insert name here' would call me, or I wish I would run into 'insert name here'...and long behold they call, or you run into them. I've actually had others thinking the same as myself, as in..I wish ' insert name here' would call me, only they're thinking of me, and I of them... I'm not sure if we were sending messages back and forth to each other, as in directing our brainwaves to reach a certain antennae, or how it works. I'm limited in how I can describe what I feel intuitively, without proper words, you won't have a proper understanding. Again, those words must mean the same to both parties or again a proper understanding of the concept goes down the toilet.

So in this reply, and the other, keep in mind I can only describe what I've felt/experienced to a limited capacity, with a limited understanding of it all. One thread, for me, reinforced various concepts, destroyed others, but overall helped describe many things i've experienced, but to try and translate the thought/feeling to someone else can sometimes be challenging to describe in a way they understand fully, and are on the 'same page'.

Im almost 'in over my head' on this particular topic because it's challenging for me to translate my experience into English format with a limited selection of words in my vocab.

Nonetheless I gave it a go, in the hopes it helps you and others better understand your/their experiences with online relationships at all levels of friendship. I apologize, for not being able to properly describe/analyze my experience in how it relates to yours, again as i'm limited in this area.

I hope this has been a little clearer than mud for you, and others. Sometimes I can confuse myself by trying to translate the thought/emotion/feeling into English. For, language after all, essentially is man-made, where as thoughts/feelings/emotions are naturally occurring. I'm quite new to this site, I will expand my understandings and vocabulary as time goes on. Which partially is why I've stayed, and have posted. To help me better understand myself, my surroundings and others. a reply to: AnteBellum

posted on May, 31 2014 @ 11:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: MrSpad
I think it is only natural to begin to feel as if you truly know people you see, hear or interact with on a regular basis. Kind of like how people watch daily talk shows or listen to daily radios show not so much because of what the shows are about but, more that you have formed an attachment to those people. Or it could be aliens, hard to tell.

I remember I used to listen to Glen Beck a little back before he had his TV show, and I remember having this vision of what he looked like, and part of that was for some reason I thought he was bald, lol. Needless to say, when he got his TV show, and I actually saw him, he looked nothing like what I had envisioned.

Although, Mike Missanelli did look a little like I had envisioned.
edit on 31-5-2014 by 7918465230 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2014 @ 12:31 PM
link   
I have a basic understanding of the like attracts like theory, and/or law of attraction. It's one of those things that's difficult to prove/disprove in my opinion. I have a theory myself for this topic, which I won't try to explain at this point for lack of language to elaborate on the subject. I agree with some points, others have been dis-proven, or left in limbo until more experience/research is done in that area. I generally try to question the official story, whether it be history, science, physics, biology etc. I think it's important to do this, for this simple example. It was once accepted the 'earth' was flat. Which, now we know to be very incorrect. There is an obvious amount of control we as humans have, who we keep in our lives, who we choose to interact with either one time only, or continually throughout or life, so essentially it helps support what your describing. Again, it's a game with words trying to describe a natural process with something manufactured...I recently was introduced to the idea of 'Anti-Language' , and one thought about language for me, was, what if a language was created, which was almost a 'master' or 'perfect' language. When we talk about these types of topics, which I believe most, if not all don't and/or properly understand enough about our surroundings and the universe to even try to begin studying/explaining. Although, it needs to start somewhere.

So yes its no secret why you met that one girl and its no secret why it all ended, and there is no secret why you had a premonition about it, right on the dot.

Personally, I dont view it as a premonition. To try and describe it, I view it more as we were connected, say telepathicly, or as I described, like a rope being connected, that potentially carries, thoughts, emotions, or whatever the sender wants to be sent whether subconsciously or otherwise. Basically the very same night I woke up and experienced that feeling, was the very same night she 'cheated'. Very likely in real time, perhaps she severed our connection, and my feeling was that of it being severed? Again I don't understand in full exactly what took place, I can only describe based on my experience and list of vocab. I'd be happy to elaborate on anything more-so to the best of my ability, I just need know what to elaborate on to help you grasp the experience to the fullest potential.

People tend to overlook basic thing, ie when you lonely you tend to look for things or people who would fill in that charge in you life, and lo and behold sooner or latter the universe will deliver, in this day and age the digital form being a likely way of meting those ends.

You raise a good point, where-as you describe lonely, could be described differently. And looked at differently for that matter. It's a void needing/wanting to be filled, better yet, an emotion needing experience perhaps? Again, a play with words. I think it's highly probable that mankind is limited due to our language(s).

Loneliness has also been described as social pain — a psychological mechanism meant to alert an individual of isolation and motivate him/her to seek social connections.[2]

I do my best to step back and really look at the programming we've been subject to since birth, for example; the definitions for the 'emotions' we feel in relation to our reality and our experiences, I mean, how well does mankind truly undestand these processes and their functions? I try to understand everything at a deeper level. Why? Unsure, a quenching for knowledge? A void needing/wanting to be filled. So many ways to look at and then attempt to describe. You could say, i'm attracting knowledge, i'm attracting experience. Which essentially, is part of life, the process of growing/evolving. From the time we're in the womb, to the time we're adults, we're all growing.evolving in our own individual way. Because of conditioning/environmental stimuli you'll find in certain regions carry similar idea's/trends and result in similar evolving/growing.

But there are dangers in making of it more then it is.

I agree, which is why I do my best to step back and really look at every aspect of this reality. I will say my trust in mankind and people in general is very few and far in between, which is partially why I second take just about everything.

Just look at history, we've been so incorrect in what would've been called accepted knowledge by the masses? Science, if you will. So what makes some people so confident that, we now, have things figured out to a 'perfect' science that we are coming to a true understanding of our universe and our surroundings. For all we know, it's like the 'matrix' theory. Here's a quote which may help people understand more of what i'm trying to say.

“There are only patterns, patterns on top of patterns, patterns that affect other patterns. Patterns hidden by patterns. Patterns within patterns.
If you watch close, history does nothing but repeat itself.
What we call chaos is just patterns we haven't recognized. What we call random is just patterns we can't decipher. what we can't understand we call nonsense. What we can't read we call gibberish.
There is no free will.
There are no variables.”
― Chuck Palahniuk

Thank you for taking the time to respond in detail of your views/theories. I will take what you've said into consideration when trying to understand my reality, and apply when/where needed. I hope my views/experience help with others understanding of this topic and their reality. Certainly is beneficial to someone, somewhere in any number of ways.

a reply to: galadofwarthethird

posted on May, 31 2014 @ 11:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: mclarenmp4
Sorry but you are still living in the old world, the new world technology is going to be used heavily for social interactions and they have expanded humanity and brought us all closer together as a global family.

Stop touching me there.

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope
I almost felt a movement in my cold dead heart.

Please touch yourself there.

posted on Jun, 2 2014 @ 02:56 PM
link   
This video might help to explain a few things....Enjoy!

posted on Jun, 2 2014 @ 06:53 PM
link   

Ah I wouldn't worry about severed links. Happens all the time, besides it could be worse. That link could drag on and on and on, always leading nowhere but circles, some even call that marriage. See told ya it could be worse.

But you going on about anti-language. Well that's kind of an oxymoron is it not. How would you communicate without language even if its just an offshoot of something which a group of 5 created and only they know its meaning, its still a sort of language is it not. Even if you could read minds you would need some sort of language, Math itself is a language and so is everything else. There really is no such thing as anti-language there are only languages, even if they are something completely bizarre and unfathomable, it's still just another way to communicate.

In all the universe that is all there is, even if you may not understand it or would never be capable of understanding it, well its still there. Having an anti-language is kind of like having an anti-apple. Whats an anti-apple you ask? Well its sort of like an apple only more anti. As you see, merely a silly maxim labeled unto a silly theory. But hey people need hobbies. I would call it a near miss, merely a play on words, of which there have been countless in our history so far, and will be countless more.

posted on Jun, 2 2014 @ 07:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheWetCoast

I didn't bother watching the 2 and a half hour long video, but if "Whatever the mind can conceive and believe, the mind can achieve" is true, you're all f**ked, lol. I have plans of world domination. Muhahahahahahaha

posted on Jun, 3 2014 @ 12:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: 7918465230

originally posted by: TheWetCoast

I didn't bother watching the 2 and a half hour long video, but if "Whatever the mind can conceive and believe, the mind can achieve" is true, you're all f**ked, lol. I have plans of world domination. Muhahahahahahaha

You presume too much and you need to learn patience. You know NOTHING about me. And you might want to work on the laugh a bit if you want to conquer the world.

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 09:46 PM
link   

Anyone specific?

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9   >>

join