It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia declares war on Ukraine. Live updates from inside Ukraine

page: 152
<< 149  150  151    153  154  155 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 02:12 PM
link   
Is pzfeed credible?

3:00 PM: The Ukrainian troops at the stormed Sevastopol base have gone into a bunker, the deputy commander of nearby Belbek base tells @ABC.

pzfeed.wordpress.com...

Wonder what they are searching for?

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 02:17 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 02:18 PM
link   
Ukraine Colonel tells me the stormed base is large and sprawling, Russians only seized a small part. MoD spoxman says 100 Ukrainians inside
Link

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 02:20 PM
link   

@SkyNewsBreak : Update - Reuters: armed men enter Ukrainian missile defence post near Sevastopol and take control, no shots fired & no one reported injured

inagist.com...

Take out a missile defense post prior to a missile launch?

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 02:23 PM
link   
To be honest about all of this.. it's all a foregone conclusion now.
Crimea is lost to the Russians.. all that's left is will the rest Ukraine
settle down or will Putin keep pushing and pushing until
someone falls over a cliff............. I'm hoping that sanity might return
but I'm getting the impression everything happening here is well planned and
very very deliberate.

I don't dislike Russians.. just confused and irritated that this old Bogeyman
has returned.

I thought that the Russian threat was behind us..

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 02:23 PM
link   
Bush was in a school when 9-11 happened. Obama is talking right now in a school, will they tell him on stage?

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 02:27 PM
link   
Just came in as breaking news on BBC confirmed the report from Interfax
Ukraine crisis: Armed men 'seize Crimea military base'

www.bbc.co.uk...

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 02:30 PM
link   
I left the house for 90 minutes.. go figure .
BBC talking live to a reporter ' we've not heard of ANY shots fired''
Let's hope that holds true..

OT special thanks to everyone posting here. SO much easier to look on one page than search everywhere
for updates. You all are badA$$es !

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 02:30 PM
link   
Looks like whoever has the best looking uniforms wins here....what a bunch of girly pants.

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 02:33 PM
link   
Has anyone seen this video yet? saw this posted in the comment section of ZH, This is a very informative video about the Strategic importance of Ukraine.

If you have 10 minutes of spare time, watch it!
www.liveleak.com...

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 02:33 PM
link   

Cossacks and other military irregulars preventing reporters from getting near the stormed Ukraine base, thus no video or photos #Crimea
6 minutes ago

Source

Media blackout. Wonder what they are up to? They are looking for something. If they wanted to lay siege one would think they would have came with more troops. It's as if they are on some mission to retrieve something, or someone.

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 02:36 PM
link   
again, no shots fired... Crimea is completely under Russian control without 1 injured. Perfectly done by the Russian, you have to give them that.
The Ukraine and Russia should just accept the referendum and wait for it. We will see, probably they will vote for Russia, so why stop them and risk violence there?
Every sane person in the Ukraine would already accept this loss, but the EU and USA dont want to let it come true.

If the people on Crimea however vote against Russia, the Russian troops should leave immediatly.

But just wait, goddamnit. This makes me angry.
It makes me angry, that the EU does not even want them to vote. Why not? What does the EU have to say there?

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 02:37 PM
link   

MessageforAll
Has anyone seen this video yet? saw this posted in the comment section of ZH, This is a very informative video about the Strategic importance of Ukraine.

If you have 10 minutes of spare time, watch it!
www.liveleak.com...

Who Cares,,,this is just a smoke screen for something bigger going on in the World...we need to keep an eye elsewhere....right now!

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 02:39 PM
link   
“The attack is on,” says Colonel Viktor Kukharchenko, the deputy commander of another Ukrainian air force base in Crimea. “The Russian forces are now trying to take the rest of the base. Their commander is negotiating with our forces, demanding they lay down their arms and surrender.” He said he was not aware any shots being fired in the course of the attack. A spokesman for Ukraine’s defense ministry confirmed that the A-2355 base outside Sevastopol had been stormed by Russian troops late in the evening on Friday, adding that it houses a tactical aviation command center responsible for anti-aircraft defenses. He also said there were about 100 Ukrainian soldiers posted inside the base.

Link

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 02:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Soloprotocol

Any suggestion where to look? I have kept an open mind considering the possibility this is yet again a diversion, but from what?
#Syria isn't showing anything serious or more serious.

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 02:42 PM
link   
reply to post by ElohimJD

Russia/China have been planning for this for decades; while the USA and their allies have been celebrating the fall of the Soviet Union and bragging about how great we are because of what Russia allowed us to think was victory; when in reality, to them it was "to be continued" after the USD ran its natural course as world currency which, when based on fiat and not backed by gold, always ends in ruin.

Brilliant, I have been trying to tell people this very thing for years. Ever since my buddy who is a director at the Rand Corps think tank told me about w2hat was being planned.

The USA is a young, brash bully of a Country. We as a Nation of idiots do not understand that we are up against much older and more experienced tacticians. Russia and China have had a nifty plan going ever since Gorbachev became more "friendly". This allowed the USA to fear Communism less and even to invest heavily in moving manufacturing to China.

How do you win a long game against a bully when nukes will result in mutually assured destruction?
1. Get the bully to let down his guard.
2. Get the bully to develop a dependance on you for goods.
3. Stop doing business with the bully.

The USA will tear itself apart when the BRICS Nations refuse to do any business with the USA. Sadly the time to change or save the USA from the inevitable has long passed. We will bend over and take it up the rear before we go to war with Russia and China.

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 02:44 PM
link   
reply to post by xavi1000

This could be a feint, take out a major air defense support base prior to a larger air-based assault, but then I know nothing about the ability of this to actually happen.

In all cases, it's not a good situation right now and could conceivable spill out into a larger conflict.

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 02:56 PM
link   
The Ukraine & Russia officers were discussing terms of surrender/truce when local Crimea militia and began roughing up journalists. standoff

twitter.com...

I knew it that local idiocy will screw things

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 02:57 PM
link   
reply to post by jadedANDcynical

Russia has reportedly begun large-scale air defense drills with Roughly 3,500 troops and more than 1,000 units of military hardware and will be hosted for about a month in Kapustin Yar, some 280 miles east of the Ukrainian border. The exercise by Russia's Western Military District,will culminate with live-firing drills and deployment of air defense systems? in the Crimea?

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 03:00 PM
link   

Mamatus
reply to post by ElohimJD

Russia/China have been planning for this for decades; while the USA and their allies have been celebrating the fall of the Soviet Union and bragging about how great we are because of what Russia allowed us to think was victory; when in reality, to them it was "to be continued" after the USD ran its natural course as world currency which, when based on fiat and not backed by gold, always ends in ruin.

Brilliant, I have been trying to tell people this very thing for years. Ever since my buddy who is a director at the Rand Corps think tank told me about w2hat was being planned.

The USA is a young, brash bully of a Country. We as a Nation of idiots do not understand that we are up against much older and more experienced tacticians. Russia and China have had a nifty plan going ever since Gorbachev became more "friendly". This allowed the USA to fear Communism less and even to invest heavily in moving manufacturing to China.

How do you win a long game against a bully when nukes will result in mutually assured destruction?
1. Get the bully to let down his guard.
2. Get the bully to develop a dependance on you for goods.
3. Stop doing business with the bully.

The USA will tear itself apart when the BRICS Nations refuse to do any business with the USA. Sadly the time to change or save the USA from the inevitable has long passed. We will bend over and take it up the rear before we go to war with Russia and China.

Your very naive about global economies arent you? Want to know why Russia keeps making threats if europe and the US comit sanctions. Simple he knows this would hurt the Russian economy he needs world trade your theory is much to simple and in no was realistic. Oh and just so you know Russia stopped using US currency a while ago in gase sales they have been using gold exchanges. It isnt important is oil is bought and sold in US currency there are thousands of oil deal done daily not involving the US dollar this is a fantasy.The only thing important is the exchange rate from international banks.Which for example the US dollar just went up against the ruble. The Russians are buying up US dollars right now simple reason is rich Russians want to have some US funds on hand.In case they need to make some business deals.

<< 149  150  151    153  154  155 >>

join