It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia declares war on Ukraine. Live updates from inside Ukraine

page: 150
<< 147  148  149    151  152  153 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 12:55 PM
link   
grasswire ‏@grasswire 24s
BREAKING: #Russian troops are storming #Ukrainian military base А2355 in #Sevastopol

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 01:00 PM
link   
Link? Nothing in the MSM about this.

Seek_Truth
BREAKING: #Russian troops are storming #Ukrainian military base А2355 in #Sevastopol

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 01:02 PM
link   

princeofpeace

Seek_Truth

Raymond Pritchett ‏@Galrahn 8m
Russia apparently just raided the Sevastopol tactical brigade base. Ukraine #osint is MG Oleg Strutsinsky is now in Russian custody.

No links as of yet. Just two twitter sources I feel are quite reliable.

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 01:12 PM
link   

Seek_Truth

princeofpeace

Seek_Truth

Raymond Pritchett ‏@Galrahn 8m
Russia apparently just raided the Sevastopol tactical brigade base. Ukraine #osint is MG Oleg Strutsinsky is now in Russian custody.

No links as of yet. Just two twitter sources I feel are quite reliable.

Pravda

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 01:14 PM
link   
I've had a quick search around the internet for confirmation of Russian military forces attacking Ukrainian military bases and thus far there are only two tweets from unreliable sources and there is nothing from the main stream media who have 100's of reporters in the Crimea. It would be interesting to see the international response if these tweets are true.

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 01:16 PM
link   

ProfessorT
I've had a quick search around the internet for confirmation of Russian military forces attacking Ukrainian military bases and thus far there are only two tweets from unreliable sources and there is nothing from the main stream media who have 100's of reporters in the Crimea. It would be interesting to see the international response if these tweets are true.

I see a whole lot more than 2 tweets. Just search for Interfax on the twitter search bar.

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 01:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Seek_Truth

This better not be the truth, serious consequences could spark from this if true.

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 01:27 PM
link   
The original source goes back to the "pravda" news agency or in other words Ukraine propaganda machine.
More here:
www.zerohedge.com...

Also did anyone report this yet :
Pentagon studying Putin's body language to predict his behavior

The Pentagon has spent hundreds of thousands of dollars in recent years so that researchers can study the body movements of foreign leaders, including Russian President Vladimir Putin, in hopes of predicting future behavior.

rt.com...

And something completely else :
China Sides With Russia On Sanctions; Ambassador Warns "Western Nations Would Be Hurting Themselves"

Amid a Russian spokesperson "hoping" tensions do not escalate into a new cold war with the US, China has come out (perhaps unsurprisingly) on Russia's side strongly condemning any sanctions:

"China has consistently opposed the easy use of sanctions in international relations, or using sanctions as a threat.”
The comments from China's Foreign Ministry reflect the country's close ties with Russia and confirm what Russia's ambassador to Canada noted, we "can always turn to China if the West follows through on threats of tougher sanctions," adding that "Western countries would largely be hurting themselves if they impose tougher sanctions."

www.zerohedge.com...

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 01:27 PM
link   
reply to post by ProfessorT

Thus far most of the other sources have been reliable, and quicker to report than the MSM. The MSM uses these same sources to put stuff on their tickers 5 - 10 minutes later. I highly doubt any of them have reporters on the ground over there.

Like the ICBM test not too long ago; alternative sources were way ahead, then here comes the MSM hyping it up. That's why I come to this thread for the latest breaking news and, mostly, unbiased updates.

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 01:29 PM
link   

Translation of ua.interfax.com.ua...:
In Sevastopol russian forces are storming ukrainian army base A2355, tells the base's duty assistant to "Interfaks-Ukraine" news agency.

As decribed by him - Russian forces crashed through the bases's wall with Kamaz(the russian vehicle) and took posession of the nearest building. Now they are storming the command post.

The base has about 100 ukrainian soldiers on duty and the number of attackers is uncertain/unknown.

The mulitary base A-2344 is based in Sevastopol(Yuharina balka)

As reported earlier(Mar 5) Russian defence prime minister Sergey Shoygou announced that there are no russian forces in Crimea

twitter.com...
www.reddit.com...

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 01:29 PM
link   
Associated Press are now reporting that troops are storming a military air base in Sevastopol. Sky News in the UK are also reporting this. Looks like Vladimir Putin has decided against waiting any longer to use his military forces to launch a full on assault against the Ukraine military. Welcome to WW3 fellow ATS'ers. I bet the US are all over this right now with satellite imagery.
edit on 7-3-2014 by ProfessorT because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 01:31 PM
link   

ProfessorT
Associated Press are now reporting that troops are storming a military are base Sevastopol.

Confirmed on Sky News...
Here we go.

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 01:34 PM
link   
Damn, i feel sorry for Ukrainan soldiers.I hope no victims.

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 01:36 PM
link   
20 russian soldiers have entered the base defended by about 100 unkrainian troops - zero hedge

As they said "We'll be back"...
edit on PM5Fri20141972 by andy1972 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 01:36 PM
link   

Lavrov told Kerry that U.S. sanctions against Moscow would "hit the United States like a boomerang": Foreign Ministry statement

Source: live.reuters.com...

Not sure if that was already posted, but some nasty rhetoric coming from both sides. Seems like both sides need to swallow some pride and get to some purposeful dialog versus throwing their weight around.

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 01:37 PM
link   
BBC News live feed seems to have died it's usually a bit early for them to shut down their live feed, it usually goes down around about 11pm GMT. ?

Got nothing coming in from Sky News page?

Nothing at the moment from major media other than it coming in from Interfax

??

Can anyone link me..

--
Cheers

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 01:38 PM
link   
reply to post by andy1972

With bullets fired our without?

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 01:39 PM
link   

Interfax and AP reporting Russian troops trying to take over anti-aircraft command centre in #Crimea

Source

Wonder if they got intelligence of air overflights coming that they don't want.
edit on 7-3-2014 by majesticgent because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 01:40 PM
link   

MessageforAll
reply to post by andy1972

With bullets fired our without?

link

If they broken in, they've crossed the rubicon, it would be pointless attacking the command centre if they WERE NOT prepared to take it at bayonet point..
edit on PM5Fri20141972 by andy1972 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 01:43 PM
link   

deviant300
BBC News live feed seems to have died it's usually a bit early for them to shut down their live feed, it usually goes down around about 11pm GMT. ?

Got nothing coming in from Sky News page?

Nothing at the moment from major media other than it coming in from Interfax

??

Can anyone link me..

--
Cheers

Was just breaking on Sky .. but they have dropped it for now.

top topics

<< 147  148  149    151  152  153 >>

join