It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia declares war on Ukraine. Live updates from inside Ukraine

page: 148
<< 145  146  147    149  150  151 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 08:55 AM
link   

zilebeliveunknown
reply to post by dragonridr

Mate do you read what you're posting?
You sound like western propaganda machine.
Friendly advice: keep your head cool.

Well im sorry if facts on the situation sounds like propaganda but unfortunately there pretty cut and dry Putin invaded another country. And this makes everyone nervous because dictators rarely stop on their own. Either Putin needs to pull back or this is going to get far worse. And nothing i say isnt true its just inconvenient facts that contradict the Russian press.

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 08:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

Oh believe me, after seeing world media, i was shaking while walking on the maidan. I was scared of the right wing fascist neo nazi thugs, plus no police. But i was surprised to see them practically ignoring me. I am not white, so I thought i would be their first target. Surprising thats not the case. Maybe they went to Crimea. Lit a candle at the memorial.

Truth be told, yes i did see a few anti semitic graffiti, but majority were patriotic.

And yes, most speak Russian here in Kiev. I am having a bit of a problem as I am from the Ukrainian speaking western part.

edit on 7/3/14 by asen_y2k because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 08:59 AM
link   

DJW001

dragonridr

asen_y2k
I am right now in Kiev, was here for some work. Later went down to the Maidan, the site of the riots. One thing which I noticed was, people there are nice. I spoke to some of the radical right wings, and I am not white by the way. Surprisingly they were not rude or anything. Yes I did see people with faces covered, weapons including baseball bats etc, but no aggression towards me. I did see a few racist neo nazi graffiti but mostly patriotic ones.

Pleasantly surprised. At first I was scared to enter the barricades. Later took their permission and even took a few photos and lit candles at the memorial.

So let me ask you have the Ukrainians given up on Crimea? I was reading several posts where they seem to accept the fact Russia will keep Crimea and were talking about shutting off there power and water and letting Russia deal with that.

That would be an ideal tactic. Since the Russian bases have their own generators and reserve supplies, the Crimeans will see the Russians living it up while they suffer.

It was in a blog and you could tell it was Crimeans and Ukrainians arguing and they informed them their power comes from Ukraine and even one blogger said something along the lines of let russia build a pipeline for you through the black sea. Than said oh wait that would cost them billions and they wont do that since they have all that money spent on sochi.So i guess you better get used to living in the third world.
edit on 3/7/14 by dragonridr because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 09:03 AM
link   

asen_y2k

There are talks of the right wing radicals going there and starting a guerrilla war. But I did not ask any of the right wings here in Kiev, that would be too risky. But its in the news though. Remember them saying, that they have not removed the option of fighting for Crimea.

Im surprised actually but that will probably be the case if diplomacy doesnt work hopefully Putin will realize he made a mistake.

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 09:04 AM
link   

zilebeliveunknown
Let's start calling events their true names.

Fact: Crimea is leaving Ukraine.
I don't think anyone can do anything about it. It's the people's will, no one can deny that.

The question is are there going to be the same reaction from other regions in Ukraine with Russian as a majority population?
That's where I see the SHTF scenario.

Don't think you can say it is the people's will at the point of the gun, sorry, but not will, but is by force. If you want to prove will, the Russian military should remove itself, allow open dialogue between all sides and then allow a vote, instead they self-appointmented and keep UN/OSCE from coming in, theu shut down communication.
edit on 7-3-2014 by dbo24 because: fixed Grammer errors added last sentence

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 09:05 AM
link   

dragonridr

asen_y2k
I am right now in Kiev, was here for some work. Later went down to the Maidan, the site of the riots. One thing which I noticed was, people there are nice. I spoke to some of the radical right wings, and I am not white by the way. Surprisingly they were not rude or anything. Yes I did see people with faces covered, weapons including baseball bats etc, but no aggression towards me. I did see a few racist neo nazi graffiti but mostly patriotic ones.

Pleasantly surprised. At first I was scared to enter the barricades. Later took their permission and even took a few photos and lit candles at the memorial.

So let me ask you have the Ukrainians given up on Crimea? I was reading several posts where they seem to accept the fact Russia will keep Crimea and were talking about shutting off there power and water and letting Russia deal with that.

Fact is, most think its Russian anyways and care very less about Crimea. Only the ultra nationalists are the ones willing to fight for it.. Btw, i did reply to you post, but I think it got lost in the last page, or at the beginning of this.

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 09:05 AM
link   
reply to post by asen_y2k

Well, I haven't had an opportunity to personally thank you for your effort and sticking to it for updating ATS and everyone here within the community. It's what makes our spot on the net so special. The personal and direct observation like yours.

Anyway, Thank You for what you'd done in giving your time on posting the information to help us all better understand things there. Every channel seems to have news...but news isn't knowledge these days.

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 09:07 AM
link   

Putin invaded another country. And this makes everyone nervous because dictators rarely stop on their own.

I trully doubt that Putin is going to invade Ukraine as it will be a wrong move. By now he's playing smart.
There are other means for him to achieve goals, and that is as I mentioned earlier, the posibillity of other regions in Ukraine with Russians as a majority to disobey Kiev. Maybe international law will be violated with Russians in Ukraine doing it, but precedent was set with Kosovo which allows them to secede.

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 09:09 AM
link   

asen_y2k

dragonridr

asen_y2k

Fact is, most think its Russian anyways and care very less about Crimea. Only the ultra nationalists are the ones willing to fight for it.. Btw, i did reply to you post, but I think it got lost in the last page, or at the beginning of this.

That was kind of the impression i got watching the argument it seems most Ukrainians were ok with Crimea leaving and seemed to be telling them we dont want you have fun under Russian control. Then proceeded to tell them what was going to happen to them.

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 09:11 AM
link   

dragonridr

asen_y2k

dragonridr

asen_y2k

That was kind of the impression i got watching the argument it seems most Ukrainians were ok with Crimea leaving and seemed to be telling them we dont want you have fun under Russian control. Then proceeded to tell them what was going to happen to them.

The government maybe under the pressure of the radical right wing is still posturing for Crimea.

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 09:12 AM
link   
reply to post by dbo24

Keep in mind, it's silly to think that Russians are keeping their own people at gun point.
It doesn't make sense and it's unnecessary.

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 09:19 AM
link   

zilebeliveunknown
reply to post by dbo24

Keep in mind, it's silly to think that Russians are keeping their own people at gun point.

Im sure the Ukrainian and TAtar population in Crimea would disagree with you. Dont assume the people that are vocal represent all in that area. In fact i bet several ethnic russians dont want them there either but when people are running through the streets beating up people who disagree it tends to make opposition difficult especially when well armed troops are standing right behind them.Dont kid yourself there is no freedom in Crimea right now just watch the videos.
edit on 3/7/14 by dragonridr because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 09:22 AM
link   

14:54: A US warship has passed through Turkey's Bosporus Strait en route to the Black Sea, in what the US military described as a "routine" deployment scheduled before the Ukraine crisis began, Reuters reports.

www.bbc.co.uk...

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 09:23 AM
link   

zilebeliveunknown
reply to post by dbo24

Literally, no, but with presence yes. How would you feel when thousands of troops are in your back yard and then the talk of separation happens. It is easy to make a decision knowing that if you mke the wrong one ypur life could be in danger.

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 09:28 AM
link   

zilebeliveunknown
reply to post by dbo24

Its the USS Truxton ist a US Navy Arleigh Burke-class destroyer.There scheduled for war games with with Romanian and Bulgarian Naval forces.But it never hurts having all those missiles available if the need arises so it is convenient for NATO.

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 09:33 AM
link   

15:28: The Turkish military says it scrambled six F-16 jets for a second time this week after a Russian surveillance plane flew parallel with Turkey's Black Sea coast, Reuters reports.

www.bbc.co.uk...

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 09:34 AM
link   

Good to have the missiles? Umm.... This is the Russian Federation..one of the top 3 powers on Earth today and really, 2nd only to us....which some would have a pretty serious debate on saying for even that much difference.

If Russia gets to seeing our little Destroyer as a problem and hostilities broke out? One lone Destroyer or a couple in a pack are becoming submarines before their captains can say Boo.

There is a reason the CVBG's form such an awesome travelling armada of Naval power. It's not to show off or look cool, but developed as a logical and reasonable defensive strategy to give BASIC assurance of survival in a war with the Soviet Union (first and foremost).

I'd definitely take them at their word for the Destroyer being there on other matters for pre-planned things. At least I'd hope so. If that is even mentioned between nations as a matter to notice, Putin's respect for us would drop another few notches on the spot. It's the same as if Russia told us to take notice of their Intelligence vessel in Havana harbor right now. Well..yeah..it's there...and we'd sink it just as fast without so much as a 'by your leave'...if war broke out and it wasn't in a defended harbor.

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 09:34 AM
link   
Now it seems Eastern Ukraine are also having Protests and holding their own referendums.

Protests against the illegitimate self appointed government in Kiev continue in eastern regions of Ukraine. Thousands-strong gatherings in Donetsk and Lugansk are rallying in support of the Russian language and holding a referendum on the federalization of Ukraine.

www.itv.com...

Seems like this is quickly spreading out of control for the Western backed coup leaders.

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 09:43 AM
link   
reply to post by asen_y2k

Glad to see you posting !

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 09:43 AM
link   

Wrabbit2000

I'd definitely take them at their word for the Destroyer being there on other matters for pre-planned things. At least I'd hope so. If that is even mentioned between nations as a matter to notice, Putin's respect for us would drop another few notches on the spot. It's the same as if Russia told us to take notice of their Intelligence vessel in Havana harbor right now. Well..yeah..it's there...and we'd sink it just as fast without so much as a 'by your leave'...if war broke out and it wasn't in a defended harbor.

What if Russia already has infiltrated the US in several other ways (including nuclear) ?

I guess we'll just have to wait and see..

new topics

top topics

<< 145  146  147    149  150  151 >>

join