It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Suddenly Semper is all Tomahawk Crazy

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 27 2014 @ 02:21 PM
link   

That's a costly little bugger
reply to post by semperfortis

Oh....they can get some expensive. As I have stated here....I have 3 already and am looking to add a 4th to the mix. I've been looking at hand forged damascus steel models....I just have to convince my wife that I need it...lol.

Check out this beauty.....

A friend of mine that served in Afghanistan (PPLI) put me on to the tactical tomahawk....ever since then I've been hooked on them.

posted on Feb, 27 2014 @ 05:41 PM
link   

semperfortis
Well I don't know if I have upset any Native Americans but if I have, I will right here and now, sincerely apologize and state for the record, I certainly never intended to insult, upset or even slight any one person or group of people.

I have just discovered the joy that is the Tomahawk and wanted to share that with you all..

I find the design to be delightful

Lighter than my hatchets, the handles longer which gives me a lot more power in chopping and control, the full tang is amazingly rugged..

So kudos to the culture that invented the Tomahawk!!!

TY for for the Kudos of my part of the Heritage ...

Quarter Mohawk ... North Country New York ..

None Taken! ..

Native American Tomahawk Fighting Techniques

The traditional natives of the North American continent used tomahawks as weapons and tools. Your midpoint tomahawk is a sort of hatchet with a very level shaft.
mohawkindiantribe.blogspot.com...

The Originals ! (( Metal Headed ))

Traditional Iroquois Weapons
By Will Howard, eHow Contributor
www.ehow.com...

Mid 1800's Mohawk Iroquois Forged Pipe Tomahawk
www.worthpoint.com...

Early-Mid 1800's Mohawk Spike Trade Axe Tomahawk
www.worthpoint.com...

The Tomahawk
The Indigenous People of the United States

Discover interesting facts and information about the history and culture of Native American Indians and their tribes
www.warpaths2peacepipes.com...
edit on 27-2-2014 by Wolfenz because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2014 @ 05:55 PM
link   
My Estwing Sheetrock hatchet is very popular on BSA campouts, plus you can hang sheetrock with it.

posted on Mar, 6 2014 @ 11:08 AM
link   
I like how the close up of the bright one has cordage wrapped around the base. I have been becoming more and more obsessed with wrapping cords around things. Not only is it more comfortable when you handel it, its a good way to save space in your BOB.

posted on Mar, 6 2014 @ 11:18 AM
link   

Sorry it took so long getting back to you Semper, I've been busy. Once you get the head fitted right to the haft (using it to chop wood works to help seat it then trim what wood shaves up on the handle) it doesnt come off unless you tap the handle on something to free the head which is handy if you want to use it for a meat cutter

posted on Mar, 6 2014 @ 12:35 PM
link   

Color me stupid Semp. But I have a lil story for ya's that brags on Randy a bit.
Early eighties I was roofer in So California. Right, so I became quite familiar with
my Vaughn shake axe. One day the crew was all rolled up early and ganged around
the bed of my truck pop'n tops on the Bud. Weiser that is (don't get excited ).

So with my tool bucket sit'n there and my bags draped around it. My axe was just
to ready available. Sixtythree fit away was a six" by six" power pole. I was on the
farthest side of my truck away from the pole. And before evryone had their beers
cracked open.

I set mine down in the back of the truck and on a whim just wing'n it. I grabbed
my axe from bucket side. Reared it back over my head all right handed. And flung
that sucker over everones head. I'm talkn bikers, rednecks, cowboys and plain
ass street urchins in their time off. And my partner Terry. All watching with this
blank look on their face like WTF? My axe tumbled thru the air and stuck in that skinny
power pole dead center. And I have to brag, because the beer being spit and laughter
and continued, blank looks and double takes and the guys just look'n at me and say'n
G-D boy ! Well I can only say it was worth every shake axe I ever owned. So funny
all those really tuff people from there on say'n, "Don't mess with him, he has an axe !"
Definetly worth the memory. one hundred percent total luck.

edit on 6-3-2014 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2014 @ 12:58 PM
link   

supamang
My Estwing Sheetrock hatchet is very popular on BSA campouts, plus you can hang sheetrock with it.

The first time i field dressed a deer, i used a roofing hatchet kind of like this one:

edit on 3/6/2014 by bigfatfurrytexan because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join