It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Shed

page: 91
<< 88  89  90    92  93  94 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 12 2014 @ 06:21 PM
link   
reply to post by TDawgRex

Hey Dawg, I have sciatica pain too! Because I'm tall, I always said, "Heh, well I'll never be a LITTLE old lady!"....yeah, who's laughing now? little miss 5'10 not 5'11 1/2" anymore!
Going out in the cold makes me tense up, so it hurts more. Yeah, old people talk....wow...we can go from talking about heavy metal music, to aches and pains....in one long never-ending conversation. So cool.

jacy

This is the 1800th reply to this thread. Why do I notice these things?
edit on 12-3-2014 by jacygirl because: 1800

posted on Mar, 12 2014 @ 06:25 PM
link   
GROUP HUG!!!

Hellooo, hellooo. hellooo!

We've been having lovely weather here in Wales, nice and sunny but not too hot. It's weird not drying clothes on the radiators, I had almost forgot how to use pegs.

Hope you are all well!

posted on Mar, 12 2014 @ 06:25 PM
link   
reply to post by jacygirl

You can cure sciatica for yourselves
....I'll try and explain it on here if you want?
Rainbows
Jane

posted on Mar, 12 2014 @ 06:29 PM
link   
reply to post by angelchemuel

Absolutely there is! Especially if you bring a big pile of those Rollies and a bottle of wine.
I believe I saw a case around here somewhere.

Hi everyone!

Tdawg, sit on a tennis ball it works wonders, or at least it did for me when I was pregnant.

posted on Mar, 12 2014 @ 06:31 PM
link   

Jane: disc L3-4 ruptured. A couple of years later, disc L4-5 herniated, sitting on my sciatic nerve.
long story.......
Surgeon said 50-50 chance I would be paralyzed, too close to nerves.
I was told to "know my limitations" which I now do....without any prescriptions.
I have a Back 2 Life back massager, which really helps with everyday....but not when disc is sitting on sciatic, and I am hunched over almost in half....with constant stabbing nerve pain (last one lasted about 5 weeks). Nothing helps then.

Any advice would be appreciated and considered!
jacy

Hey woodsmom! Is TDawg pregnant?

(Great to see you here again!)
edit on 12-3-2014 by jacygirl because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2014 @ 06:59 PM
link   
Syx, if you happen to fly by...
Thank you (and the other guys) for taking 'night patrol' here at The Shed. Us women-folk, faeries, elves, moose, ferrets, pink gerbils, stinky cat, 6 pooches ala Rodinus, various cats and dogs and dragons.....
we are all grateful!
I am (as I write) back-tracking to your story, for entry into the next chapter....along with everyone else's participating info....so....again, just a massive 'thank you' for staying with us!!

jacy

*waving* at Serdgiam, fossilera, Homer, TrueBrit, Gordi....*takes breath*....Cody, crappiekat, TylerDurden....everyone I keep missing in here!

posted on Mar, 12 2014 @ 07:01 PM
link   
well math is done for the evening, got a few mins before I start in on a virtual class for my systems analysis class on a group project we are working on....

posted on Mar, 12 2014 @ 07:04 PM
link   

woodsmom

Absolutely there is! Especially if you bring a big pile of those Rollies and a bottle of wine.
I believe I saw a case around here somewhere.

Hi everyone!

Tdawg, sit on a tennis ball it works wonders, or at least it did for me when I was pregnant.

Yep, tried that one. I have 9 herniated discs. Never even saw it coming until one day. Wham! Flat on my back and paralyzed for two weeks. That was not fun at all and scary to boot. Over the past year plus, I have been slowly improving though, but it's annoying to me as I used to be quite active. Still try to be, but it's not enough. I'm trying to be patient, but it's hard. Haven't slept on a bed in almost a year now. And the only way I can sit for any length of time is on my exercise ball. I'm on my feet mostly.

And no...I'm not preggers! Just Husky.

Hat tip to MikeOne718

posted on Mar, 12 2014 @ 07:17 PM
link   

Uuugh...OK...so a physiological problem rather than postural....OK...I'll get the explanation done tomorrow. I'm not going anywhere, my agoraphobia has been playing up for last 48 hours...bit different from previous times....better tomorrow

Right I'm off to bed with Shirley MacLaine and The Camino Way.....catch you all tomorrow....

Nos Da
Rainbows
Jane

posted on Mar, 12 2014 @ 07:17 PM
link   

Haha, no.
But I had sciatica when I was pregnant and sitting on a tennis ball relieved the pressure. It was hard enough to massage it, but squishy enough to give way.

(And thanks, everyone is so nice here)
edit on 12-3-2014 by woodsmom because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2014 @ 07:21 PM
link   

Good night Jane and thank you again!

Sorry to hear it didn't work Tdawg, I thought I'd try.
That's an adorable puppy there.

posted on Mar, 12 2014 @ 07:23 PM
link   

G'nite sweetie! *hug*
I have dealt with agoraphobia in the past, so u2 me if you'd like to chat?
Sweet dreams,
jacy

posted on Mar, 12 2014 @ 07:23 PM
link   

G'Night Jane. Sweet dreams, eh.

posted on Mar, 12 2014 @ 07:27 PM
link   
reply to post by woodsmom

Everyone here is outstanding! Best people I think I've ever met.
Planning on winning a lottery, somehow getting us altogether....and eventually building this place....for those who want to be there....whew, sorry....needed to talk to an adult, lol!
Honestly, did you read back where the guys were the only ones posting, and they kept it going....the chit-chat AND the story? Truly brilliant and entertaining....I'm so glad everyone is here, and we keep finding new friends!!

jacy

posted on Mar, 12 2014 @ 07:27 PM
link   
reply to post by HomerinNC

I've got to you kudos for pluggin' away at it. You're actually making me think that I should put my GI Bill to use. I'm thinking Constitutional law or a Masters in History since they both intrigue me.

Neither really pay much in the real world, but I'm thinking of it more as indulging my hobby (History) and getting out OF THIS FRIKKIN" HOUSE!

edit on 12-3-2014 by TDawgRex because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2014 @ 07:29 PM
link   

TDawgRex

TDude...are you playing Captain America on me...making fun of the Canadian girl...eh? EH?????

jacy

posted on Mar, 12 2014 @ 07:33 PM
link   

woodsmom

Good night Jane and thank you again!

Sorry to hear it didn't work Tdawg, I thought I'd try.
That's an adorable puppy there.

Thanks! Always looking at ways to get better and yet stick to the tried and true. As for the puppy, I'm a animal guy. Love 'em. My dream is to mate a cross between a Malamute and a Border Collie. I don't know why, but I think that would be a awesome Dawg to have around. Kind of like a King Shepard...but even more energetic and friendlier.

posted on Mar, 12 2014 @ 07:33 PM
link   

jacygirl

TDawgRex

TDude...are you playing Captain America on me...making fun of the Canadian girl...eh? EH?????

jacy

Oh...I'm just playin'...Dontcha know?

posted on Mar, 12 2014 @ 07:40 PM
link   
**yawns & stretches** I had the weirdest dream - I dreamt that I was somewhere cold, and it was snowing, and I had to work from home in the cold because it wasn't safe to drive. Oh wait, that's because I was at home, shivering because the heat didn't kick on when it was supposed to.

jacygirl
Ahhhh....I'm home.....

Peeled kid from ceiling, drove her home in snow-storm of the year, (got stuck 6 times, but got out...eh?)

removed bubble-wrap from poor Sophie....having herbal tea....and catching up time!!!
Yay for the end of rough days, lol!!
jacy

Whew, and I thought I had it rough today. How did...the kid get on the ceiling?

@Jane, TrueBrit was supposed to be on watch as well, but it sounds like sleep got to him first. The blanket was nice & cozy, considering the fact I'm wrapped in layers right now (Just because I overheat in winter doesn't mean I never get cold - I only seem to stay warm outside; indoors I lose a much heat as I generate).

It was only three inches of snow over here - still had a headache when the thunderstorm rolled through. My lunch break was spent helping people get out of our apartment complex.

posted on Mar, 12 2014 @ 07:49 PM
link   
reply to post by fossilera

Thunderstorm! That had to be cool. (no pun intended).

We here in Ohio are still getting slapped down with snow and high winds...on top of the ice that we got overnight. Idiots here can't drive. They' shut down I-80 and 480 has multiple 30+ car accidents shutting it down as well. This thing has taken our forecasters by surprise most definitely.

Oddly enough, my thermostat said it was 75 in the house this afternoon and I was cold. Now it says 69 and I'm warm. Such a weird day it seems.

top topics

<< 88  89  90    92  93  94 >>

join