It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Here Are All the Different Genders You Can Be on Facebook

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 15 2014 @ 11:34 AM
link   

ShadesOfGreen
[

Because male and female is too simplistic for some people to identify with.

Then there spoilt little idiots.

Act how you like.

Just dont expect me to view as anything but what it is ACTING.

Act like a homosexual, transgenderd tapeworm for all I care.

But dont expect me to view it as OFFICIAL.

posted on Feb, 15 2014 @ 11:38 AM
link   

WP4YT

ShadesOfGreen

marg6043
reply to post by Brotherman

I agree.

When I look at another member the human race I identified them as male or female, regardless of how they are trying to portray themselves, you can wear all the garb you want to make you special but at the end we are born of two specific genders, beside some rare DNA inherited traits that some happen to have.

So if anyone tells me he is a transgender as an example I will tell them no, you are a female or male of the human race and that is the truth, any of those new ways to tagging people are nothing but stupidity, and doesn't fit the fact that the persons that identify themselves with them have some serious identity problems.

Is very simple, if somebody is a male or female that happens to feel good when taking the role of the opposite sex that is not a gender that is a identification preference.

You are repeatedly confusing sex with gender.

Sex is physical, what genitals you are born with. Gender is mental, what your personality relates to the most.

If you're born with female genitals and identify with being female, great. But not everyone has it quite so easy for whatever reason. They aren't trying to feel "special" and they aren't "stupid." They're trying to be themselves instead of forcing themselves to conform to strictly male or female roles. Do you even realize how difficult it is to come out saying what you honestly feel you are? It goes beyond coming out of the closet with being gay or a lesbian. Put yourself into someone's else's perspective once in a while.

And that would be a mental disorder. It's not natural. Animals do not do it. We are just animals that learned how to use tools.

Honestly I don't care, whatever floats people's boat. Just don't expect me to trust these people babysitting my kids.

Maybe it's a mental disorder, maybe it's an issue with hormones. You can't tell by looking at or interacting with somebody. Either way it's not really your place to judge. Why can't you just let people be who they are comfortable being and treat everyone with respect?

Good luck with raising bigoted children. I'm sure it'll come in handy in the future when this is even more commonplace than it is already.

posted on Feb, 15 2014 @ 11:40 AM
link   
reply to post by ShadesOfGreen

I agree.

But see, this was kind of my point above. This kind of list can do nothing, in my view, but the exact opposite of how it appears to be intended. This is what worries me.

it's not going to go far toward mutual respect. Quite the contrary.

posted on Feb, 15 2014 @ 11:41 AM
link   

crazyewok

ShadesOfGreen
[

Because male and female is too simplistic for some people to identify with.

Then there spoilt little idiots.

Act how you like.

Just dont expect me to view as anything but what it is ACTING.

Act like a homosexual, transgenderd tapeworm for all I care.

But dont expect me to view it as OFFICIAL.

Think of it this way...would you rather know for certain what your crush identifies as with the more specific labels, or would you rather play a guessing game and get a surprise?

posted on Feb, 15 2014 @ 11:43 AM
link   

ShadesOfGreen
Why can't you just let people be who they are comfortable being and treat everyone with respect?

Most here are cool with that.

ACT how you like. Crossdressing and trangender acting doesnt hurt me.

BUT

Dont expect everyone else to view it as anymore than acting.

To but it another way.

I would be cool employing a guy that wants to dress in skirts and high heel to work as long as HE dresses smart.
BUT
HE would still have to use the mens toliets.
edit on 15-2-2014 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2014 @ 11:44 AM
link   

ShadesOfGreen
[

Think of it this way...would you rather know for certain what your crush identifies as with the more specific labels, or would you rather play a guessing game and get a surprise?

Well seeing as the human race has survived and procreated for thousands of years without facebook and haveing only two genders.....I think I can live without it

posted on Feb, 15 2014 @ 11:45 AM
link   

~Lucidity

I agree.

But see, this was kind of my point above. This kind of list can do nothing, in my view, but the exact opposite of how it appears to be intended. This is what worries me.

it's not going to go far toward mutual respect. Quite the contrary.

We'll see what the future holds as it unfurls, but for now, I see lots of ecstatic people on my Facebook newsfeed and I wouldn't dare take that away from them.

If it makes them happy, it's alright by me.

posted on Feb, 15 2014 @ 11:50 AM
link   

crazyewok

ShadesOfGreen
[

Well seeing as the human race has survived and procreated for thousands of years without facebook and haveing only two genders.....I think I can live without it

You think the idea of trans people is something new? Ha. People have likely been doing this for millennia. It's just more open to the public now, instead of having to be kept a secret.

posted on Feb, 15 2014 @ 12:05 PM
link   

You really do need to learn read dont you?

In never said they shouldnt act. I dont care. Im not denying there was people that like to ACT diffrent in the past or thats its a new thing. Im not saying they shouldnt. They have the the right to act like the hell they want.

I just dont see the need to create silly labels to make them feel all warm and special inside.

edit on 15-2-2014 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2014 @ 12:14 PM
link   
They don't have Crazy Sci-Fi Loving Concept Artist PMSing B***h as an option either.....

I'm doomed.....

posted on Feb, 15 2014 @ 12:16 PM
link   
reply to post by vkey08

S'okay.

I'll share "Fluffy" with you and Slayer.

posted on Feb, 15 2014 @ 12:20 PM
link   

edit on 15-2-2014 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2014 @ 12:24 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

I got your back buddy...

posted on Feb, 15 2014 @ 12:32 PM
link   
I'm not real.

posted on Feb, 15 2014 @ 12:36 PM
link   

sheepslayer247
I have to ask, what is 'gender fluid' and 'genderqueer'?

Also, why is 'neither' on the list? Wouldn't 'other' cover the same category?

edit on 15-2-2014 by sheepslayer247 because: (no reason given)

Its kinda like you are female but identify as male but like females who are really male but identify as female, except if you are a rabbit, then it gets really confusing, oh and have a tail, but everybody needs a little tail.

Genderqueer (GQ; alternatively non-binary) is a catch-all category for gender identities other than man and woman, thus outside of the gender binary and cisnormativity.[1] Genderqueer people may identify as one or more of the following:

having an overlap of, or blurred lines between, gender identity and sexual and romantic orientation.[2]
two or more genders (bigender, trigender, pangender);
without a gender (nongendered, genderless, agender; neutrois);
moving between genders or with a fluctuating gender identity (genderfluid);[3]
third gender or other-gendered; includes those who do not place a name to their gender;[4]

edit on 122828p://bSaturday2014 by Stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

edit on 122828p://bSaturday2014 by Stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

edit on 012828p://bSaturday2014 by Stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2014 @ 01:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Stormdancer777

Everyone should have a tail, I agree!

As far as genderfluid and all that, I'm just confused. Sounds to me like people have some issues. I know its bad to say that, but I'm coming from a heterosexual male, tail-less perspective.

posted on Feb, 15 2014 @ 01:29 PM
link   
What if you are Male, born one and remained one, but feel like deep down you are really a lesbian? I don't see it in the list.

posted on Feb, 15 2014 @ 01:34 PM
link   
reply to post by sheepslayer247

LOL, I hope I don't offend anyone.

posted on Feb, 15 2014 @ 01:35 PM
link   

supamang
What if you are Male, born one and remained one, but feel like deep down you are really a lesbian? I don't see it in the list.

Yes, that would come under genderfluid.
edit on 012828p://bSaturday2014 by Stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2014 @ 02:12 PM
link   
I would prefer if they left it blank. If people want to say they can but adding all those types that 99% of the world have never heard of is a bit silly.

Adding terms to things sometimes causes issues when there aren't any to begin with, we shouldn't need to be wary of being sued because we say something we didn't know was or wasn't offensive. It isn't about ignorance but we all don't need to know about the specific emotional feelings of the few and seeing as most of these are emotional interpretations who cares.

Some people are far too precious about themselves and expecting the world to revolve around them, they ought to go out and do some physical work or connect to nature then they might just get a bit more real.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join