It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Save a turkey this year - have tofu "turkey" instead.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 23 2004 @ 10:03 AM
link   
``
i believe the President every year, 'saves' a turkey

my turkey saving, is in the form of a frozen turkey entree
[perhaps, a mass movement of abstinence this year,
might curtail domestic turkey death farm, harvesting-
but i doubt it...there's NAFTA and EU markets to sell]

~~
also, no matter what day or meal it is....i respect the
animal (on rare occassions) or plant, vegetable,
which make my living possible.

call it a side-dish of prayer/thanksgiving

~~
20/04%

posted on Nov, 23 2004 @ 10:11 AM
link   
I just give up this has become a turkey flaming thread
I implore the mods to put an end to the suffering of turkeys throughout the US.

By the way I don't believe humans were ever meant to eat meat our physical make up is totally contrary to being carnivorous.

Mirthful: I regret to further disillusion you, I also don't drink wine or any alcohol. Or soda for that matter. I am totally alcohol intolerant - a few sips of wine and I am as happy as a hooker on payday.

[edit on 23-11-2004 by Mynaeris]

posted on Nov, 23 2004 @ 10:13 AM
link   
Turkeys are feed an insane amount of antibiotics and bred so large to the point where they have heart-attacks, crippled feet and swollen joints. They are kept in cages just large enough for them to fit. They are hung upside down by their crippled legs. Beaks are sliced off in an attempt to prevent them from hurting others.

I say we eat all the turkeys we can. I wouldnt want them to go through all those hardships for nothing.

posted on Nov, 23 2004 @ 10:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mynaeris
By the way I don't believe humans were ever meant to eat meat our physical make up is totally contrary to being carnivorous.

Hmmm. then explain why our teeth ie the enamel wears out reltivly qucikly whereas a cows, does not (at least not as fast) nor are we equiped to manufacture protine easly from most plant sources? Plus comeone jucy prime rib vs. toffukey?????

posted on Nov, 23 2004 @ 10:15 AM
link   

I seem to remember something from one of my A&P classes... Oh yes, we're made out of meat (the tasty treat, that can't be beat
).

p.s. I'm still devastated.

posted on Nov, 23 2004 @ 10:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by FredT
Plus comeone jucy prime rib vs. toffukey?????

Come on FredT, how can you not enjoy Tofurkys?

posted on Nov, 23 2004 @ 10:19 AM
link   

Please explain the presence of canine teeth in the human mouth.

They are there for one reason, and one reason alone.
To tear and rip MEAT.

Gosh, I'm getting hungry. Is it Thanksging yet?

posted on Nov, 23 2004 @ 10:20 AM
link   

Humans weren't meant to compose music, by the way, but somehow they managed that skill.

Seriously, there has been studies that showed that the increase in the volume of the human brain (critical for the development of our race) happened right after humans learned how to harvest large amounts of protein form animals, and some think there is a direct link there.

No tofu for me this Thxgvg.

posted on Nov, 23 2004 @ 10:23 AM
link   
"Humans:

No Claws
Perspires through pores on the skin
No sharp pointed front teeth
Flat back molar teeth to grind food
Well developed salivary glands, needed to pre-digest grains & fruits
Alkaline saliva, much ptyalin to pre-digest grains
Stomach acid 20 times less strong than meat-eaters
Intestinal tract several times body length (plant foods do not decay as quickly so can pass more slowly through the body)"

link   

Originally posted by Simulacra

Please note that the bottom item is listed as being complimented with "giblet gravy". Where are the "giblets" on a "tofurky" (yes, I really want to know). Do you have to pull a bag of "tofurky giblets" out of the tofurky before you cook it? Will "tofurky giblets" gross my sister out if I chase her around the house with them (just like real turkey giblets do)?

Bean Curd Monkeys, not just for faking meat anymore...

link   

Originally posted by Aelita
Seriously, there has been studies that showed that the increase in the volume of the human brain (critical for the development of our race) happened right after humans learned how to harvest large amounts of protein form animals, and some think there is a direct link there.

Maybe this increase in brain capacity can be attributed to the evolution of new skills such as ranching and herding semi-domesticated animals for consumption. I don't think that the volume of our brain can be directly attributed to eating animal meat.

posted on Nov, 23 2004 @ 10:27 AM
link   
"No sharp pointed front teeth"....not correct.

Humans do possess "canines", which in other meat-eating species are more pointed and sharp/

Want to know why?

We learned to kill w/ weapons. Evolution.

We also have the remnants of a tail...the coccyx.

posted on Nov, 23 2004 @ 10:30 AM
link   
We were meant to attack and eat prey, that's why are eyes have the ability to estimate/calculate distance- a property called paralax. Prey animals have the ability to see wider areas around them, like cows and rabits. They have thier eyes spread out wider on thier heads to see us carnivors coming after them.
Our eyes are more towards the front, like cats/ dogs/ hawks etc. But just thinking about it, whales have thier eyes spread far apart and I don't know if they have paralax or not, but they still eat meat - 'krill'.
So Myear....sp I'd have to disagree, We were meant to eat meat.

And just injecting a bit of humor: Vegitarian is an old native word, meaning poor hunter.

posted on Nov, 23 2004 @ 10:36 AM
link   
Well I was going to invite all the cute guys over for tofurkey on Thanksgiving , but you are all carnivorous.
Anyway in your next life you may be the turkey at thanksgiving... Actually thinking about it some of the guys I've dated were total turkeys.

Are humans supposed to be obese? Which are carnivorous animals are? Americans have a huge problem with obesity ( note the pun)

posted on Nov, 23 2004 @ 10:41 AM
link   

Well I was going to invite all the cute guys over for tofurkey on Thanksgiving , but you are all carnivorous.
Anyway in your next life you may be the turkey at thanksgiving...

By your own logic, you'll be tofu in yout next life. I don't envy you.

posted on Nov, 23 2004 @ 10:43 AM
link   

Anyway in your next life you may be the turkey at thanksgiving...

What about cute monkeys?

Damn, it's that whole simian conspiracy thing I keep talking about... But does anyone believe me? Nooo... It's all in your little primate head they say...

posted on Nov, 23 2004 @ 10:49 AM
link   
I was raised a vegetarian. Then the Marines convinced me to eat MEAT. Back to Veg again. Most women want men that eat meat. "Any man that eats tofu is a wussy." Women want "real" men. Not wussies. Wife number 3 I think. Got rid of her and meat.

posted on Nov, 23 2004 @ 10:50 AM
link   
Luke 24:36-43 - After His resurrection (and after the Old Law had been removed), Jesus ate fish to prove to His disciples that He really had been raised from the dead.

Hey, Jesus ate meat. And he has millions of fans. How can he be wrong?

posted on Nov, 23 2004 @ 10:50 AM
link   

These beautiful, inquisitive, intelligent birds endure lives of suffering and painful deaths.[edit on 22-11-2004 by Mynaeris]

And might I add TASTY!!!!!!!!

Come on, you can't be serious. I'm not buying this vegan propoganda. The turkeys won't suffer long if you fill 'em with enough bird shot!

Peace out

posted on Nov, 23 2004 @ 10:51 AM
link   
can't spell today...
Bears become fat, Walrus', Lions look like they get big bellies, ... and I've seen some pretty fat cats!

But really, sympathetically (because I'm not a vegan) If you were completely starving (like some folks in Africa are this very moment) and a vegan, you would not eat meat? Or is it you 'couldn't' eat meat? I just don't get it- I think it's a mental thing myself..

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join