It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FAT ?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 12 2014 @ 06:23 PM
link   
In a little tourist town I know... sidewalks are built to accommodate ' walkers ' and electric carts. These sidewalks and carts are there to help out the handicapped. I am completely in favor of this , even though these things are helpful with the bottom line money grubbing POINT of the tourist trap town.

However - most people on walkers are FAT... and EVERYONE on the rental carts are FAT !

Is FAT the new ' disabled ' ?

1. If it's a ' thyroid problem ' ... try steaming or boiling your thyroids - deep frying them doesn't seem to be working for you.

2.Could I have just an ounce of your thyroid JUICE ? It's the cure for African starvation... just a few drops will turn someone who doesn't eat ... into a FATASS. Should be worth BILLIONS. Why isn't Monsanto onto this ?

3. As an amateur observer ... I've noticed that people who eat less - don't get ' FAT ' . What the HHH ?

+2 more 
posted on Feb, 12 2014 @ 06:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Bazart

As a disabled person... I honestly hope you never have to experience any debilitating affliction that requires you to use a cane, walker or cart to get around. I'd give anything to be able to walk without anything to help me again.

Your abundance of judgement and lack of compassion is troubling...

posted on Feb, 12 2014 @ 06:33 PM
link   
You aren't funny.

posted on Feb, 12 2014 @ 06:35 PM
link   
I'm glad other people think like me, I was getting nervous..
Fat is not a handicap! Real disabled people need them..
My daughter (11yrs) had foot surgery a few weeks ago and rides one of those carts at walmart. Every person that sees her on it have a dirty look on their face until they see her cast. It's funny watching the reactions..
edit on 12-2-2014 by Hoosierdaddy71 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2014 @ 06:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Bazart

I prefer the politically correct version of "pleasantly plump".

posted on Feb, 12 2014 @ 06:39 PM
link   
reply to post by SilverStarGazer

Listen to me , ye FIRST RESPONDERS : I will walk you or your disabled child from here to Tokyo - and I will not complain... it seems you don't get it.

Have another THYROID.

posted on Feb, 12 2014 @ 06:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Bazart

While the correlation between obese people and those scooters is an obvious sign of a sad western culture, you are really generalizing here. Do you realize that some people become obese because they are disabled?

When you are stuck in a chair all day, I'm pretty sure it's hard to manage calories down to a "maintenance" amount.

posted on Feb, 12 2014 @ 06:44 PM
link   

Bazart
reply to post by SilverStarGazer

Listen to me , ye FIRST RESPONDERS : I will walk you or your disabled child from here to Tokyo - and I will not complain... it seems you don't get it.

Have another THYROID.

I understand your point bazart. Fattys that can use a walk should not be using the carts. They are there for people with real disabilities.

posted on Feb, 12 2014 @ 06:46 PM
link   

Cuervo
reply to post by Bazart

While the correlation between obese people and those scooters is an obvious sign of a sad western culture, you are really generalizing here. Do you realize that some people become obese because they are disabled?

When you are stuck in a chair all day, I'm pretty sure it's hard to manage calories down to a "maintenance" amount.

I knew somehow I would suffer for my post . Thanks. I guess I deserve it . And yes... though disabled , I am not FAT.

posted on Feb, 12 2014 @ 06:50 PM
link   
Oh wow, you have the cure for obesity, people just need to eat less, now quickly inform the Doctors, nutritionists, health experts, who have worked for decades trying to help people, this revelation could cure the massive epidemic of obesity running rampant in the world today.

This is a bait thread, has to be .... and I fell for it, damn!

posted on Feb, 12 2014 @ 06:57 PM
link   
Strange this topic should appear today because I was talking to someone about it only a few hours ago.

We'd listened to two vary large ladies who couldn't fit in the seats on the bus we were riding, one was saying to the other she wanted one of those mobility scooters. Both the ladies were stuffing their faces with doughnuts, but even worse they were feeding doughnuts to their child who was no older than six months!
I really feel for that child!
As for the ladies, well, they were large quite simply because of what they eat, and they're lazy!

I understand what OP is saying, I think he just didn't clarify it enough. I think he's complaining about people like those I saw on the bus.

posted on Feb, 12 2014 @ 06:59 PM
link   

valiant

Oh wow, you have the cure for obesity, people just need to eat less, now quickly inform the Doctors, nutritionists, health experts, who have worked for decades trying to help people, this revelation could cure the massive epidemic of obesity running rampant in the world today.

This is a bait thread, has to be .... and I fell for it, damn!

Yes , of course - BAIT ! That's what it's all about. Look up ' BAIT ' and find out how it's used. Ravenous creatures take BAIT , my friend !

BTW ' doctors , nutritionists , and health ' experts ' are whores. Well...for the most part.

posted on Feb, 12 2014 @ 07:10 PM
link   

Bazart

Yes , of course - BAIT ! That's what it's all about. Look up ' BAIT ' and find out how it's used. Ravenous creatures take BAIT , my friend !

BTW ' doctors , nutritionists , and health ' experts ' are whores. Well...for the most part.

I'm not your friend!

I don't entirely disagree with your post, I just think you are being a bit ignorant and simple about it all, have you ever carried a few hundred extra pounds around all day long? am pretty sure you would want to sit too after a while! and as for your "eat less" advice, seriously that is like telling an alcoholic to just stop drinking or a smoker to just stop smoking, it ain't that easy! and yes, it looks like a bait thread, apologies if it's not, but I'm just saying what I see.

posted on Feb, 12 2014 @ 07:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Bazart

Get used to it. The whole world has to adjust according to how fat westernized people are. Hospitals, community transportation, grocer aisles, and even coffin builders now have to accommodate the obese. It is perfectly normal to be grossly over weight and in a good amount of those cases this is considered a disability. I do not blame the citizens for the most part because they do not know better. When every 3rd person they witness is fat, well, it is perfectly normal to them. It is a way of life that is taught. Being fat is no longer a sign of having the money to pig out. Even poor people are fat. Everything in poor peoples processed cheap assed food is nothing but fat. It's all about education, which Americans are severely lacking.
edit on 12-2-2014 by Hollie because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2014 @ 07:16 PM
link   

Restricted
You aren't funny.

Yes , I'm trying to be funny ... and therefore - LIKED. Please give me another chance !

Here's one of my own personally made - up jokes :

Guy walks into a bar and sees a pal ... the pal is obviously ' in a funk '.
Guy says to his pal ' how bad could it be ? '.
Pal says , ' well . the only thing positive that happened to me ALL week... was my AIDS test ' .

OK ? I'm trying to be funny .

posted on Feb, 12 2014 @ 07:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Bazart

Obesity is rarely a disease. For the majority, it is life choices. Genetics in obesity works the same way as alcoholism does. No difference. Life choices. Some people are more prone to be heffers, as they are to be sobs. Same difference.

posted on Feb, 12 2014 @ 07:25 PM
link   
I at one time was getting quite heavy, topping at 317 lbs or so in 2009.Though I am a large man at 6'5 , it was still a burden and noticeable. It took two years and a lot of effort to keep the weight down to 190-200 depending on how well I was doing. I feel lucky, because if I had kept on the path I was going I would have ended up like my grandfather who died at a whopping 530 lbs.

In response to your OP, I believe I see where your annoyance lies with the obese people who you see as cheating the system, the one's who were like me but instead of attempting to lose the weight, they just stuffed themselves more. I don't believe they need these scooters. But tell them that and see where that gets yah lol
edit on 12-2-2014 by ProspectPhilosopher because: (no reason given)

edit on 12-2-2014 by ProspectPhilosopher because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2014 @ 07:27 PM
link   
< Redacted as I realise my own stupidity had gotten the better of me. >
Apologies to the OP.
edit on 2014-02-12T20:48:24-06:0014824824 by Cygnis because: my daftness.

posted on Feb, 12 2014 @ 07:32 PM
link   
I'm disabled and had to learn to walk without the aid of a cane. Sadly, walking is about all I really can do and even that isn't a solid thing. Yes, I'm a bit heavy but that's because I like fat boy food. Even if my knee is killing me I refuse to use a fatty cart. Yes, I called it a fatty cart. its there for the elderly with limited mobility. How do I know this? because people with disabilities who cant walk have a wheelchair. People with disabilities who have trouble walking have canes and wheeled walkers they push around. It angers me beyond belief when some fat body who is too lazy to walk around and push a cart plops down into one of those carts because they are taking a cart away from some little old lady or old man or even someone with a injured leg/hip/back who need it.
edit on 2/12/2014 by EyesOpenMouthShut because: typo

posted on Feb, 12 2014 @ 07:35 PM
link   

Cygnis
I confess, I think the OP has too much cellulose over his judgment to see how ignorant this posting is.

If it were as simple as the OP says, no one would be fat.

There are many, many contributors to weight gain. Genetics, additives to food, contributing health problems, self control.

Cheap food is usually packed with crap to increase your size. (Hard to resist the government when your too over-weight to have the stamina to protest). But making minimum wage, paying rent, and utilities leaves people unable to afford "whole" food, let alone the knowledge to prepare a decent meal with said raw ingredients.

You can lead a horse to water, but you cannot make them drink. And I'm sorry, even a Presidential Executive Order will not get the horse to drink either.

I'm sorry, for you, to be so blinded by your disgust for over-weight people, it has turned you into an ugly person.

To judge all fat people as lazy, etc is like judging any group based off of a single person's actions. Your reaction is knee-jerk, arrogant and ugly.

So, with that premiss, your actions make us all sound spiteful.

First of all Cygnus - I am not at all disgusted by overweight people . There's no reason at all for you to attack me... I didn't attack you .

I'm from Texas ranch country..and you may as well know that YOU CAN MAKE A HORSE DRINK !

If you called me an ' ugly person ' in front of the HUNDREDS of people who know me... the best you could hope fore would be a laugh. Many of these ( laughers ) are in fact , overweight.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join