It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FAT ?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 13 2014 @ 11:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Cuervo

Exactly! I've been 20 pounds underweight my entire life....until I ruptured 3 discs in my back. I only eat 800 calories a day (I've weighed and measured my food intake) but am unable to do the exercises I've done daily since I was 10 years old. I honestly don't know how a person can gain weight eating less than 1000 calories a day and it distresses me greatly. There are some days I don't eat at all, just drink 4 tall glasses of unsweetened tea and I'm still overweight. Not morbidly obese but still up from my usual 20 pounds underweight that I'm used to.
Obviously, America in general does have an obesity epidemic but the OP's generalization is offensive. May he enjoy a life free of disability or injury.
edit on 13-2-2014 by whitewave because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 13 2014 @ 12:42 PM
link   
I think perhaps the OP doesn't realize that not all disabilities are visible. Some of those obese folks may have disabilities that are not outwardly apparent. I know several people like that; you can't see my heart or back issues; doesn't mean they aren't there. May I respectfully suggest that you NOT judge others quite so quickly?

For the record while I'm overweight I'm working on it but it doesn't change overnight. For those with joint issues you might try rebounding I've been doing it for a while and it's not hurting my knees and back and you do work up a sweat it also raises your heart rate and burns those calories. It's fun as well just turn on your music and go for it. Check with your doctor before starting.

For the record; judgmental hurtful remarks do not help people lose weight; they just cause emotional pain that you do not have the right to inflict.

posted on Feb, 13 2014 @ 02:42 PM
link   
reply to post by gallopinghordes

Do you mean like openly calling smokers filthy or stinking or child abusers or inconsiderate and rude? Like when Bloomberg encouraged the population to openly treat smokers with contempt?

Please explain to me why I shouldn't treat fat people the same way???? They often can't wash within the folds properly and frequently smell of BO. The links I previously provided explain how fat people are costing tax payers money and certainly an obese person has difficulty in providing proper child care. The links previously provided also show how fat people encourage their friends on a psychological level to gain weight.

Why shouldn't fat people not be isolated socially and be treated with contempt? At least fat people can hang with each other but smokers have no venue to socialize together in a manner that we find comfortable - except maybe in the ally by the dumpster.

If the general population went along with it for smokers, what excuse do they have for not treating fat people the same way?

(obviously no human being should be treated this way. I am merely inviting people to examine the way in which they have been moulded to treat smokers. Eventually, we will all be smokers - people who eat too much, people who drink, people who wear perfumed products. The only socially acceptable people will be those who eat only tofu and bean sprouts, who exercise 4 hours a day and worship respectfully at the feet of public health by swallowing every trend and every study published - no matter how rediculous)

Tired of Control Freaks

posted on Feb, 13 2014 @ 03:01 PM
link   
What I got from the OP's post is that he is a liitle pissed that someone who just looked fat was using a cart, and maybe he wanted to use it because he is disabled?

I dont like how people use the word fatty though, you can say overweight, it makes you sound like less of an a$$hole.

Then again I know someone who is easily 4 hundred pounds and is just too lazy to walk, so she uses her moms scooter. That overweight person also sleeps all day and makes her diabled mother take care of her kids. So yah that overweight person, who isnt disabled, needs to not use that scooter.

Then again I call her roller pig. I guess Im an a$$hole. I dont call it to her face and this is the only time people will know I call her that. Not because she is overweight, but because she is an a$$hole.

I guess we all are to some extent.

posted on Feb, 13 2014 @ 03:02 PM
link   

Hoosierdaddy71

I understand your point bazart. Fattys that can use a walk should not be using the carts. They are there for people with real disabilities.

My wife is fat. She is 300 lbs (5'4). She doesn't use or need a walker or cart. ( I'm 5'4 and 116 lbs btw) She's 42, I'm 46. I'm lucky because my beauty queen is still healthy. (Once you go fat, you never go back! LOL)

However I know older people who are her size or bigger that DO need those carts because they cannot walk around the store without running out of breath. Most of these are older and have had some damage to their bodies due to the fat coupled with bad diet. These people ARE disabled and have as much right to those carts as does your daughter with the broken foot.

At least my wife eats healthy foods but her problem is she eats too much. Eating fat btw doesn't make you fat. I am worried about the fat effecting my wife's heart - If i lost her, I'd lose my whole world.

I just went down from 140 and a big basketball belly to 116 and a flat tummy in 6 months. All i did was eat smaller portions even of fast food and tv dinners, no exercise. ( i don't eat a lot of fruits and veggies) My wife is the fruit and veggy freak.

The problem is these people are MORE disabled than your daughter with the broken foot. Your daughter's foot will mend but it's much harder for obese people to lose the weight. They don't have a magic fix like your daughter. i cannot see how you can be so incentive to these folks. It's too cruel.

posted on Feb, 13 2014 @ 03:05 PM
link   

edit on 13-2-2014 by InvisibleOwl because: Nah

posted on Feb, 13 2014 @ 03:16 PM
link   
reply to post by InvisibleOwl

Why? I thought what you said was fine.

posted on Feb, 13 2014 @ 04:28 PM
link   

Unity_99

THIS!!!! AND SHAME ON YOU Bazart.

You obviously weren't raised in a big family and cared enough to draw the conclusions that go along with helping and observing people. Just a lone wolf, not listening to others but running with whatever ugly snap judgements that pop in your head.

Actually one of six kids , the Folks , Grandma and lots of friends and acquaintances . Fool you once ... well - shame on me .

Care to guess my astrological ' sign ' ? Last one that tried - actually went through eleven before she ' deduced ' by default ! Assured me that never happened before...

Not a 'lone wolf' ; I like to sit on a bench in a cheesy little tourist trap and ' people watch ' ( and talk to various tourists I meet ). That's how I noticed the the ' Scooter Culture ' in the first place.

posted on Feb, 13 2014 @ 04:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Bazart

Scorpio?

posted on Feb, 24 2014 @ 10:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Tylerdurden1

Didn't feel like getting in the middle of a troll-fest

Though since you read the post before I deleted it, I do stand by what I said

posted on Feb, 24 2014 @ 11:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Bazart

Then you didn't learn much through observation, or conversation, or, unlike me, you didn't have a truly diverse family. On the one side, there are over 1000 cousins, stemming from a very Catholic family with 17 children, and they're warm hearted, health conscious, and hundreds from the other trees.

The thin lean ones, with the fast metabolisms eat you out of house and home.

Lack of understanding, shutting out gaining it, thinking your judgements are that, is one way to come back in a challenging situation and learn it first hand.
edit on 24-2-2014 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join