It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

We have contact - life on Mars ?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 12 2014 @ 08:43 AM
link   
reply to post by SyxDaliGee

Thanks man. I was feeling kinda lonely here

Yes you are right about the location. Since you're into it, maybe you can confirm if my eyesight is playing tricks on me...can you examine that large boulder that's in front of the "alien"...I see something behind that bolder...left from the "alien"...something mechanical in nature...perhaps a vehicle....only bits are visible above the boulder. I see it even when not at max zoom...

posted on Feb, 12 2014 @ 08:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Aleister

On the last pic all the rocks on the landscape "above" it are also shifted back to their original spot, so it must be a view from one of the other rover cameras.

It would be, considering all, the only logical explanation for the different perspectives.

I'd like to dig a bit deeper on this...do you know from where did that member pulled screens with timestamps ? Is there a video of the location ? or just screens with different time ?

posted on Feb, 12 2014 @ 08:56 AM
link   
reply to post by MarioOnTheFly

No, I don't, I'm not one of the posters who recognizes landscapes and locations, and am usually surprised when I see a map of where the Rover has traveled and find that it's gone in circles for weeks at a time. Hopefully now it's moving on to its next destination, named with the boring name of KMS-9 (could have called it "Heinlein's Backyard" or something the public can identify with, like the landing site of the rover was named after Ray Bradbury, goddess rest his soul).

posted on Feb, 12 2014 @ 09:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Aleister

you know...thinking about it now...I'm not sure that using right or left NAVCAM at the same moment would produce different perspectives when viewing at an object in the distance.

I think I even was looking at it yesterday.

I'l try to find examples.

Thanks for taking the time to hold my hand here...

posted on Feb, 12 2014 @ 09:10 AM
link   

Not holding your hand, I've been there. Remember just awhile ago I put up a thread when funbox informed me that the BlueIt was missing, and I thought that if it were actually alive, that it had run off (I wouldn't have bet on it being alive, but given it a 25 percent chance judging by how it looked), a thread which also left open the discovery of life on Mars (I put "possible" in the thread title). Turned out that its paws were something else entirely, and ArMap thought that the main body and head was another rock, which I haven't still totally bought into. So BlueIt has become one of those Martian whatits? which roam or don't roam the rocks as rocks themselves.

Now I stay on the anomalies thread, and enjoy the amount of very interesting finds on it (that period yesterday was very active) as well as learning from ArMap and others how to recognize what's there and what's not. If I were from the press and was looking for something, I'd read the 1,000 or so posts on that thread for a good education and for some side-roads as well (I put a link to news Mars' threads on that one too).

I will post a link here where I celebrated and said ado to BlueIt, an old friend gone missing or turned to stone.

www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 12-2-2014 by Aleister because: (no reason given)

edit on 12-2-2014 by Aleister because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2014 @ 10:15 AM
link   

The crops are from the raw images section of SOL 120:
mars.jpl.nasa.gov...#/?slide=120

Aleister is correct in that these are slightly different angles in all of the pictures. The rover is NOT moving, but the Mastcam is rotating and the pictures are taken in stereo from Mastcam Left and Mastcam Right. You can actually tell whether or not the rover has moved based on the existence of Navcam images at a given time. The rover actually stopped at 09:53:35 to take all these panoramics and didn't continue until 12:46:07.

The images at 3:56 and 5:00 were in fact taken by each Mastcam, but it's also the fact that the arm had rotated between those images that adds to the angle difference. The third image's perspective stands out the most because it was the only picture taken from Mastcam Right (of the four).

posted on Feb, 12 2014 @ 10:48 AM
link   

Yes...you've said that already...3 times...are you dying for some attention ?

And there it is,

the purpose for posting isn't it Mario, nemoj lagat vise.

Or get some sleep as has been suggested

posted on Feb, 12 2014 @ 10:57 AM
link   

that's roughly 90 cm, let's round it up to 2 meters.

Why not 1 meter?

We can also assume that various cameras on the rover are not spread much wider than 2 meters apart from each other.

You can assume as much as you like when you round up 90 cm to 2 m instead of 1 m to make judgements on movement You have lost any and all credibility and rationality in my eyes.

edit on 12-2-2014 by InhaleExhale because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2014 @ 12:20 PM
link   
Well, after some more investigating...I'm dead sure...there is life on Mars...and it's not the rover.

posted on Feb, 12 2014 @ 12:23 PM
link   
Looking hard...not sure if I believe life there now, but do firmly believe that there was intelligent life there in the past. I don't see it in these pics though. Keep posting, though, and I'll keep looking!

posted on Feb, 12 2014 @ 12:34 PM
link   

amazing
Looking hard...not sure if I believe life there now, but do firmly believe that there was intelligent life there in the past. I don't see it in these pics though. Keep posting, though, and I'll keep looking!

take it into context with other stuff already found...on the anomalies thread.

posted on Feb, 12 2014 @ 12:37 PM
link   

oh, I am. I just don't see anything here. The last good one I saw was the statue head. That looked like a real artifact.

posted on Feb, 12 2014 @ 12:40 PM
link   
You say it's a head and you spent two days pondering this?

Then why is it that basically the entire top of the head (above the eyes) is missing..and another, second head is attached to side of the head.
Let alone the constant fact that all those discoveries of "life on mars" have something in common, the "creatures" or whatever all look extremely like rocks, same color etc.etc.

On the other pictures I don't see at all what you're seeing, even with the arrows. To me it looks like you marked everything with two darker spots which kind-of "looks like eyes" and then you see something there.
edit on 32014RuWednesdayAmerica/Chicago54PMWednesdayWednesday by NoRulesAllowed because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2014 @ 01:28 PM
link   
reply to post by NoRulesAllowed

You say it's a head and you spent two days pondering this?

Actually, I spent 2 days looking at various Mars pics...this I posted 30 mins after I saw it.

Anyway...you're entitled to your view.

I still see it.

posted on Feb, 14 2014 @ 04:41 PM
link   

Hey, Sorry it took me this long to reply, but as caught up in some drama at home. I'll head over to the original image shortly, and report what I see in just a little while.
To EveryOne else here who can see what Mario is seeing, scrutinize the Original image where it is online, and with their viewer you will be Amazed at some things in that image. I guarantee it!! Later, Syx.

posted on Feb, 14 2014 @ 05:40 PM
link   

Not sure what is there. Possibly something of a mechanical nature. I'm going into the JPL sight to see if the Main image is on their 'Super Viewer'. Iv'e looked at so many pics there I can't remember if it was. The image was titled something like '1 Million Pixel Image'. Man my memory sucks. If it is one of the images that can be seen by that viewer, I would think the 'Mechanical' Item would be a bit more distinguishable as such, than the surrounding rock. Later, Syx.

posted on Feb, 14 2014 @ 05:53 PM
link   
We are evrery feeling, there us no monster for we are good

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join