It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Curiosity: Potential Anomalies (Update 01/2014)

page: 28
<< 25  26  27    29  30  31 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 3 2014 @ 02:51 AM
link   

funbox

added the third level of detail picture to the blue it ridge collection, amazing how bringing the camera closer with multiple perspectives can do

And now we can see how much of what looked like detail was JPEG artefacts.

posted on Feb, 3 2014 @ 02:19 PM
link   

funbox
reply to post by jeep3r

defiantly. you can't expect the poor little blighters to walk now can you , I can imagine a troop on the back of a wagon , racing off to fix the crappy potholes that crop up every Martian winter and cause nasty accidents like on that cliff

did that picture I posted, the one covered in black dots have a thread all to itself?

And above all: where were the first-responders? I'm afraid this case will remain one of the unsolved mysteries in martian history ... in Memoriam "BlueIt Ridge"!

edit on 3-2-2014 by jeep3r because: text

posted on Feb, 3 2014 @ 02:35 PM
link   

jeep3r

funbox
reply to post by jeep3r

defiantly. you can't expect the poor little blighters to walk now can you , I can imagine a troop on the back of a wagon , racing off to fix the crappy potholes that crop up every Martian winter and cause nasty accidents like on that cliff

did that picture I posted, the one covered in black dots have a thread all to itself?

And above all: where were the first-responders? I'm afraid this case will remain one of the unsolved mysteries in martian history ... in Memoriam "BlueIt Ridge"!

edit on 3-2-2014 by jeep3r because: text

A TOAST TO THOSE WHO ARE GONE

edit on 3-2-2014 by Aleister because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2014 @ 06:53 AM
link   
reply to post by jeep3r

and an excellent mystery it was to, im sure Mars has many more to come, although probably not a cute and endearing as the bluesheit,

great pictorial tribute Aleister, im sure the family of it's would be welling with pride

ahh ,something to chew on from sol529, but make sure you have some gum shields in , it maybe a rock

protrusion

sol529 mast

funBox
edit on 4-2-2014 by funbox because: link in wrong post

posted on Feb, 4 2014 @ 06:59 AM
link   
reply to post by funbox

I read about this, it's a ski-ramp for the rock Olympics, but then someone put a rock at the end of it and things went south from there.

Thanks for the sincere compliment on the tribute. Candles (in the rain) were lit, but in the thin Martian atmosphere went out.

Back to things at hand: That's really an interesting little find. All I can think of is that when the rocks settled to the bottom of Gale Lake one came down on top another one and lifted it up, or is the ramp buried in the sand. I have no idea how rocks even settle atop one another. I will look in your photo for other anomalies worth talking about.
edit on 4-2-2014 by Aleister because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2014 @ 07:18 AM
link   
reply to post by funbox

From your posted pic of pickled preppers:

On the top left, a partially buried spoke thing. If nothing else it's a very round circle. And over to the left of this pic, it looks like something had lain there and then is gone, an imprint in the sand. Welcome to.......the twilight zone---

posted on Feb, 4 2014 @ 07:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Aleister

spokey thing ? ill have a butchers for that one , but I found a red spoke and a whirly-ma-gig thingymabob,

words , pathetic,.. heres some pics

sol529

did you mean this spokey thing ?

funBox
edit on 4-2-2014 by funbox because: link in right post

edit on 4-2-2014 by funbox because: add pic retort

posted on Feb, 4 2014 @ 07:44 AM
link   

You know he is still there... been waiting to see if you saw him...

posted on Feb, 4 2014 @ 07:56 AM
link   

Libertygal

You know he is still there... been waiting to see if you saw him...

You mean funbox? Yes, we've tried to shake him from this thread, but like a bad penny...

I don't think I've posted this on this thread, found it on an Arken thread, Little green martian phoning home:

posted on Feb, 4 2014 @ 08:20 AM
link   

they keep dropping the images up ill keep dropping the pennys in

kinda sticky this land , curiosity might end up ,wallowing momentarily in quicksand
where next the caverns of the blueits?

sol532 mardi

funBox
edit on 4-2-2014 by funbox because: linxes leaped

posted on Feb, 4 2014 @ 09:06 AM
link   
reply to post by funbox

Darn, that's what I was afraid of, NASA taking the Rover into the sand. Now they see that it's sticky sand, which what, means it's a little bit wet? Or just clingy for another reason (maybe it's just piled up on that particular wheel-ledge is all) ? If this was a test drive it didn't go too well or, actually, maybe it did as the wheels haven't sunk in to any great extent. I hope they know what they're doing, and wondering if there's another route around the sand if it starts to sink a little more.

posted on Feb, 4 2014 @ 09:24 AM
link   

indeed take no risks find another way. Wouldn't it be horrible if we are witnessing a prelude story. the jump, sand surfing a 1 ton rover, it reaches the crest of the wave , then smashes itself to pieces on the otherside, only to be buried in sand, then speculated on by races in the far distant future, I can almost here there voices.. 'rock' , 'hooky bit with thingymijig' distant 'alien spaceprobe',' it machine'

*funBox removes the babelfish for comfort*

no , they better not be , that would be a bore.

funBox

posted on Feb, 4 2014 @ 12:16 PM
link   
Here's a link to another thread, where they've found a Mars rock coffee cup, a Mars butt (back-end kind), a Mars Nessie fossil rock, and maybe no more. For the collection:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Feb, 4 2014 @ 12:17 PM
link   
reply to post by funbox

Funbox if you get time could you show me an enlargement of this item in this thread?

From the mid left on this gigapan.

I can't see the ribs they speak of on my computer.

Thanks if you get a chance.

posted on Feb, 4 2014 @ 12:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Char-Lee

There are no ribs, it's a white rock with a splotch of another rock or sand on top to make it "look like" a coffee cup. If it has ribs I missed those too on my zoom, and when you zoom in that far, as we've learned here, it's probably a photo artifact.

posted on Feb, 4 2014 @ 12:35 PM
link   

Aleister

There are no ribs, it's a white rock with a splotch of another rock or sand on top to make it "look like" a coffee cup. If it has ribs I missed those too on my zoom, and when you zoom in that far, as we've learned here, it's probably a photo artifact.

All I can see is a white orb like shape, I think I am unable to see it as clearly as some do maybe my old screen. Still would love to see a close blow up.

LOVE the big photo, so much there! LOVE Mars! I could hug it...I LOVE rocks in the first place!
edit on 4-2-2014 by Char-Lee because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2014 @ 01:26 PM
link   

Aleister

It certainly has a bright glow about it, but I am angry that I can't see even a coffee cup shape only a glowing ball.

posted on Feb, 4 2014 @ 01:31 PM
link   

Have you explored the gigapans before? When I found them on ATS, with one thread in particular posting many of them as the thread progressed, I found it lots of fun to zoom in, move around, and look at all kinds of things. On a non-Mars gigapan, one of Mount Rushmore, I actually found a little image of Abe Lincoln inside one of Lincoln's eyelids, and posted a thread on it! Gigapan forever! (and did you see that Mt. Everest gigapan? Like you are right there)

Here is Impaired's thread with the links to many Mars gigapans spread out throughout the thread:

And here's the "Young Abe Lincoln" (either him or Young Pan with ram's horns) I found in Lincoln's right eyelid on Mount Rushmore www.abovetopsecret.com... :

And then finally, the Mt. Everest zoom-in (which we'd all like, because it's rocks!):

posted on Feb, 4 2014 @ 02:08 PM
link   

Mars gigapans

i am unable to open them in my photo program so I ca't cut any interesting things I find. The worst part is when I start looking I CAN"T STOP!!!

posted on Feb, 4 2014 @ 02:19 PM
link   

are you reffering to this one , was quite tricky to find

funBox

new topics

top topics

<< 25  26  27    29  30  31 >>

join