It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Curiosity: Potential Anomalies (Update 01/2014)

page: 30
<< 27  28  29    31  32  33 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 4 2014 @ 06:27 PM
link   

funbox
reply to post by Char-Lee

yeah I noticed that with these too , why is the sand around them a darker shade , is it more saturated ?

pic sol532?

funBox

The whole of everything seems saturated. The ones in the shot look like rover moved them, or drove over them. It is all just so cool!!

posted on Feb, 4 2014 @ 06:29 PM
link   

ArMaP

funbox
yeah I noticed that with these too , why is the sand around them a darker shade , is it more saturated ?

I think it's because the undisturbed soil has not being "burned" by the Sun for thousands of years, like the surface has. We can also see that on Earth, when we break a rock the inside has stronger colours.

But it is sticking to the rover tires really a lot like moist. it makes me think of that old Moon photo where you could see drops of water hanging on the underside of a rock they lifted.

Well they say so themselves

If you heat up a cubic foot of Mars soil, you can harvest around two pints (one liter) of water. According to new data returned by NASA’s Curiosity rover, this isn’t just a one-off lucky find, either: It seems that most of the dirt on Mars harbors large amounts of water.

www.extremetech.com...
edit on 4-2-2014 by Char-Lee because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2014 @ 06:34 PM
link   
reply to post by funbox

I had that happen to a jar of jalapenos once , they turned albino in three weeks in the sun , still tasted good tho.

Humm you ate them, well that explains alot!

posted on Feb, 4 2014 @ 06:39 PM
link   

aghh there the best , I could eat jars of them,,

so curiositys sits on the edge of the crest, hope its not all downhill hereon

funBox

posted on Feb, 4 2014 @ 06:51 PM
link   

funbox
reply to post by symptomoftheuniverse

which one? , the anomaly with a lot of red in it ? monkeys splattered helmet?

funBox
the bottom left square in your upper pic.

Another view of the wheel area from behind i think mars.jpl.nasa.gov... loads of anomolies
At 3 oclock theres a disc on its side with a cilinder protrusion. Curiosity seems to have missed a few things on its way past.
edit on 4-2-2014 by symptomoftheuniverse because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2014 @ 07:16 PM
link   

funbox

aghh there the best , I could eat jars of them,,

so curiositys sits on the edge of the crest, hope its not all downhill hereon

funBox
has anyone got a better image for the tentacle type alien thingymabob at around 10 in this image mars.jpl.nasa.gov...
I do hope the rover does not do a jade rabbit! Good luck rover

posted on Feb, 4 2014 @ 07:17 PM
link   

Char-Lee
But it is sticking to the rover tires really a lot like moist.

Apparently it sticks only to one side of those "walls" on the wheels' surface, if it was moist it would stick everywhere.

it makes me think of that old Moon photo where you could see drops of water hanging on the underside of a rock they lifted.

Drops of water? I don't remember seeing that, only glass "drops" created (supposedly) during the impact of a meteorite.

Well they say so themselves

The fact that it has water doesn't mean it's moist, I don't see any comparison with Earth values, for example.

posted on Feb, 4 2014 @ 07:21 PM
link   

ahhhh , I see , next to Aleister's brick indent , side on , space monkeys ,

looks like you've found a great profile of blueit ridge, the ice-cream cone rock is unmistakable

funBox

posted on Feb, 4 2014 @ 07:33 PM
link   

Char-Lee
reply to post by funbox

I had that happen to a jar of jalapenos once , they turned albino in three weeks in the sun , still tasted good tho.

could the white stuff be the same as the white stuff at 4 oclock in this image mars.jpl.nasa.gov...

posted on Feb, 4 2014 @ 07:39 PM
link   
reply to post by funbox

It sure looks like it. That means that the Rover's been hanging out within this tiny area of land for a couple of weeks now. It could have been halfway to Murray Buttes by this time. Snails pace is fine, but a snail would have crawled laps around this machine. What in the world (and by world, I mean Mars - haven't tired of saying that yet) was it waiting for.
edit on 4-2-2014 by Aleister because: (no reason given)

edit on 4-2-2014 by Aleister because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2014 @ 07:39 PM
link   

funbox

ahhhh , I see , next to Aleister's brick indent , side on , space monkeys ,

looks like you've found a great profile of blueit ridge, the ice-cream cone rock is unmistakable

funBox
brilliant, just one complaint, you have covered up my 3 oclock engine part on its side! Can you move your zoom to 6 ish lol editi meant 9ish
edit on 4-2-2014 by symptomoftheuniverse because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2014 @ 07:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Aleister

I think they have been having a real good look at thay area,mount sharp can wait.

posted on Feb, 4 2014 @ 07:44 PM
link   

symptomoftheuniverse

I think they have been having a real good look at thay area,mount sharp can wait.

I agree, it's fine, but I'm projecting ahead, and if they stop everywhere for two weeks for a good look it'll be well past their estimate of getting to Murray Buttes by sometime in the summer. I guess it doesn't make a difference though, so, yeah, a tarry and snuggle up to a section of landscape is all good. It has been fun at this present spot, that's for sure.

posted on Feb, 4 2014 @ 07:49 PM
link   

you mean this ? odd little clusters of white bits , certainly don't look good for picking

im not sure but they did spend a while relaxing on the beach edge photographing newburys/blueberrys , maybe there upto making some martian jam

funBox
edit on 4-2-2014 by funbox because: of sticky paws

edit on 4-2-2014 by funbox because: of,even more stickyness

posted on Feb, 4 2014 @ 08:18 PM
link   
Yeah funbox looks like something sneezed urrrgh,

Aleister ,theres nothing like a leisurely stroll, its not the destination,its the journey man
Lol

posted on Feb, 4 2014 @ 08:28 PM
link   

symptomoftheuniverse

Char-Lee
reply to post by funbox

could the white stuff be the same as the white stuff at 4 oclock in this image mars.jpl.nasa.gov...

That looks like ice to me I don't think it is the same.

posted on Feb, 4 2014 @ 08:28 PM
link   

which machine part ?

funBox

posted on Feb, 4 2014 @ 08:29 PM
link   

funbox

you mean this ? odd little clusters of white bits , certainly don't look good for picking

im not sure but they did spend a while relaxing on the beach edge photographing newburys/blueberrys , maybe there upto making some martian jam

funBox
edit on 4-2-2014 by funbox because: of sticky paws

edit on 4-2-2014 by funbox because: of,even more stickyness

I do hope they are not hurting anything or smushing any eggs.

posted on Feb, 4 2014 @ 08:33 PM
link   

indeed , that would e terribly wastefull without some squished martian pigs and a loaf of bread or three ;P

funBox

posted on Feb, 4 2014 @ 08:38 PM
link   
I haven't read the entire thread, but if it has not been mentioned, a lot of those pictures remind me of the dead "entombed by ash" figures at Pompeii. Not exactly, but similar. Sorry if I repeated something.

new topics

top topics

<< 27  28  29    31  32  33 >>

join