It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran claims new generation of 15-times-faster centrifuges, and tests new missiles

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 10 2014 @ 10:23 PM
link   
Well Iran is at it again according to :sources: ...

First,
an Iranian defense minister claims they have test fired some new long range missiles.

Second,
an Israeli article says an Iranian nuclear chief says they have uranium enrichment centrifuges that work 15 times faster now, and they "might" resume enrichment to 60% if "necessary".

Hmmm.

All this during sensitive "negotiating" times.

ANKARA (Reuters) - Iran's military has successfully test-fired two new domestically made missiles, the defense minister said on Monday according to state television, ahead of talks with world powers to try to reach an agreement on curbing Tehran's nuclear program.

Brigadier General Hossein Dehqan said one of them was a long-range ballistic missile with radar-evading capabilities.

"The new generation of long-range ground-to-ground ballistic missile with a fragmentation warhead and the laser-guided air-to-surface and surface-to-surface missile dubbed Bina (Insightful) have been successfully test-fired," state television quoted him as saying.

Iran test-fires long-range missile: minister

Iran’s nuclear chief declared that his country has developed a new generation of centrifuges 15 times more powerful than those currently being used to enrich uranium, and said it might resume enrichment to 60% if necessary.

“We unveiled a new generation of centrifuges that surprised the Westerners,” said Ali Akbar Salehi on Monday. “This new machine is 15 times more powerful than the previous generation,” he claimed, according to Iran’s state broadcaster IRIB.

Salehi added that the development did not violate the November 24 Geneva interim agreement between Iran and six world powers that has imposed curbs on Tehran’s nuclear drive. “We successfully argued that this was allowed within the research and development article in the agreement,” Salehi said.

Iran claims new generation of 15-times-faster centrifuges

posted on Feb, 10 2014 @ 10:54 PM
link   
Dear xuenchen,

May I offer a prediction? Several people will post on this thread saying the following:

1.) It's propaganda, Iran isn't doing that.
2.) The fact that there is no peaceful use for 60% enriched doesn't matter, it's just research.
3.) Iran would never make a nuclear weapon, it's against something or other.
4.) If Iran makes a nuclear weapon it would only be used for defense against the war-mongering, racist, barbaric, murdering, rude and impolite, Jews.

I can't believe that any poster will be able to get them all in, but it won't take long for them all to be covered. In short, this administration has been taken again, but some members won't admit that they've been wrong all along.

An honest question, but I think I have the answer. Is Obama completely incompetent, or is he working to destroy the US? I think history will tell us that his principle is largely "The United States is the greatest nation on earth, and I will fundamentally transform it." If we are a free people, able to write our own histories 30 years from now, I think Obama will be seen as a well-intentioned traitor.

With respect,
Charles1952

posted on Feb, 10 2014 @ 11:34 PM
link   
reply to post by charles1952

Brother Charles,

For the sake of discussion: Is it not safe to assume Iran already possesses the technology to make a nuke? It would appear they only lack the resource to make one go boom. In my mind, they are already a nuclear power. If I'm right, where's the beef? It only comes down to a question of: Are we going to do anything about it? What did we 'do' about North Korea?

In all honesty, the country I'm most worried about is Pakistan ... and yet, their possession of the ultimate weapon has never developed into a full-blown threat.

posted on Feb, 10 2014 @ 11:48 PM
link   

An honest question, but I think I have the answer. Is Obama completely incompetent, or is he working to destroy the US?

I would say both are evident.

I think history will tell us that his principle is largely "The United States is the greatest nation on earth, and I will fundamentally transform it." If we are a free people, able to write our own histories 30 years from now, I think Obama will be seen as a well-intentioned traitor.

He will seen in that light.

But only by people who are around to remember and teach others what really happened.
The "writers" of history may not write it the way it was.

posted on Feb, 11 2014 @ 12:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Snarl

Dear Snarl,

Those are excellent points. You're getting into logic and data, and I'm afraid I'm dancing in a fantasy land of supposition. I have a strange feeling about Iran. They remind me of the fellow who breaks a beer bottle over his own head before coming for you. It seems (probably just to me) that they are willing to do any wild-eyed thing to get rid of Israel, even to starting a war.

As nuts as North Korea and it's rulers are, I just don't see them nuking South Korea. The US wouldn't like it, China wouldn't like it. They'd probably be without allies if they started something. I have no fear that Israel will use it's nukes in any situation short of a massive land attack on its country.

But, Pakistan? That's interesting. How much of Pakistan will the Taliban take over? Too much for my taste. There are also border incursions with India, another nuclear power. That might go all wrong, too.

The other question you ask is fairly easily dealt with in my mind. "Are we going to do anything about it?" I believe, based on our actions over the last few years, that we won't do anything about it. We've just about run out of time to do anything about it. If we were serious about trying to stop their nuclear efforts, we might have a chance, but it would require jerking our policy wheel through a hard 180.

Snarl, may I congratulate you on another reasonable and thought out post?

With respect,
Charles1952

posted on Feb, 11 2014 @ 12:50 AM
link   

charles1952
Dear xuenchen,

May I offer a prediction? Several people will post on this thread saying the following:

1.) It's propaganda, Iran isn't doing that.
2.) The fact that there is no peaceful use for 60% enriched doesn't matter, it's just research.
3.) Iran would never make a nuclear weapon, it's against something or other.
4.) If Iran makes a nuclear weapon it would only be used for defense against the war-mongering, racist, barbaric, murdering, rude and impolite, Jews.

I can't believe that any poster will be able to get them all in, but it won't take long for them all to be covered. In short, this administration has been taken again, but some members won't admit that they've been wrong all along.

An honest question, but I think I have the answer. Is Obama completely incompetent, or is he working to destroy the US? I think history will tell us that his principle is largely "The United States is the greatest nation on earth, and I will fundamentally transform it." If we are a free people, able to write our own histories 30 years from now, I think Obama will be seen as a well-intentioned traitor.

With respect,
Charles1952

You did well accept forgot two they need nuclear weapons to protect themselves from the evil imperial nation of the United States because we so want to take over there territory.

And finally everyone else has nuclear weapons why arent they supposed to this ones my favorite because all we have to do is say well heck i guess all nations should world be a safer place right. Wed have a nuclear war every week until they finnally screwed up the environment so bad wed all die.

posted on Feb, 11 2014 @ 01:02 AM
link   

Snarl

Brother Charles,

For the sake of discussion: Is it not safe to assume Iran already possesses the technology to make a nuke? It would appear they only lack the resource to make one go boom. In my mind, they are already a nuclear power. If I'm right, where's the beef? It only comes down to a question of: Are we going to do anything about it? What did we 'do' about North Korea?

In all honesty, the country I'm most worried about is Pakistan ... and yet, their possession of the ultimate weapon has never developed into a full-blown threat.

Thats because Pakistan is Indias problem theres all ready a checks and balances built in with them two. Same with Korea dont think China likes the idea of them being Nuclear notice how they are starting to cross Beijing.

posted on Feb, 11 2014 @ 01:15 AM
link   
reply to post by dragonridr

Indeed I have (referring to China). I'm wondering who'll be the next kid on the block with 'the bomb': Iran, South Korea, or Japan. You can't expect either of the latter to sit idly by while North Korea spits threats at 'em. The guy running Japan has been stamping his feet quite a bit IMO too.

As for Iran, maybe the world sees them in the same light as India and Pakistan. They're pairing up with Israel. I know there's a few around these parts who wouldn't shed a tear if those two went toe-to-toe.

I also credit Charles with his view of Iran. That place is surreal. It can be calm and surprisingly pleasant. An instant later the place seems like it's either burning in the fires of Hell or as freezing cold as deep space. Of course, that's a decades old observation on my part, but you can see it left an indelible impression on me. I wouldn't go back in this lifetime.

posted on Feb, 11 2014 @ 01:21 AM
link   

Snarl
reply to post by dragonridr

Indeed I have (referring to China). I'm wondering who'll be the next kid on the block with 'the bomb': Iran, South Korea, or Japan. You can't expect either of the latter to sit idly by while North Korea spits threats at 'em. The guy running Japan has been stamping his feet quite a bit IMO too.

As for Iran, maybe the world sees them in the same light as India and Pakistan. They're pairing up with Israel. I know there's a few around these parts who wouldn't shed a tear if those two went toe-to-toe.

I also credit Charles with his view of Iran. That place is surreal. It can be calm and surprisingly pleasant. An instant later the place seems like it's either burning in the fires of Hell or as freezing cold as deep space. Of course, that's a decades old observation on my part, but you can see it left an indelible impression on me. I wouldn't go back in this lifetime.

next is Saudi Arabia they have been doing it in secret but dont think there going to allow Iran to have one without them there just as scared as Israel of Iran. You dont think they were paying for all those people to learn ay american universities for nothing do you?

posted on Feb, 11 2014 @ 02:24 AM
link   
So iran will get flatened by americain bombs in the near future, joy more dead brown people. Gonna make alot of atser happy i guess.
edit on 11-2-2014 by dukeofjive696969 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2014 @ 02:48 AM
link   

dukeofjive696969
So iran will get flatened by americain bombs in the near future, joy more dead brown people. Gonna make alot of atser happy i guess.

Why ... would America bomb Iran? They're not bothering us at all. And, I don't think anyone on ATS with an IQ above lukewarm wants people to 'really' be dead. Let 'em knock down a couple of buildings in New York (well ... maybe a gun friendly city) and attitudes may turn a bit more serious.
edit on 1122014 by Snarl because: Eye Poke Removed

posted on Feb, 11 2014 @ 03:24 AM
link   
If you are going to judge The Iran and the Iranians then take some time and read their history before say something for or against.

Iran and the Iranians are not the aggressive nation for 300 years ( actually been always suppressed by the dynasties from neighboring countries, their only war of aggressions was during Nader-shahe-Afshar en.wikipedia.org... ), so whatever they are doing purely is for defensive purposes against the kneejerk warmonger countries like Israhell and their puppets like terrorist Saudis. So first part of the article might be correct.

But.. the second part…laughable as usual…

Whatever Israhell says is boring and repetitive since the Iranian revolution back is 1979 (35 years ago). Never trust or believe a second for what the terrorist/racist/apartheid state says.

I wonder when the International communities going to put the muzzle on this stray dogs Israhellis for good?

posted on Feb, 11 2014 @ 12:58 PM
link   

Snarl

dukeofjive696969

Why ... would America bomb Iran? They're not bothering us at all. And, I don't think anyone on ATS with an IQ above lukewarm wants people to 'really' be dead. Let 'em knock down a couple of buildings in New York (well ... maybe a gun friendly city) and attitudes may turn a bit more serious.
edit on 1122014 by Snarl because: Eye Poke Removed

It would really help if you knew who really controls our policies in the ME and that is none other than Israel. The reason why Israel hates Obama even though he has increased the welfare we give that nation is because he won't start a war for Israel. Bush started the war in Iraq for two reasons one is Saddam was wanting to sell his oil for euros instead of dollars and because Israel saw him as a threat. Benny has been trying for decades to get America to go to war with Iran and had Romney been elected we would have done just that and Romney even said as much.

posted on Feb, 11 2014 @ 01:34 PM
link   
I just saw an interesting post in this thread. Allow me to quote three sentences from it.

It would really help if you knew who really controls our policies in the ME and that is none other than Israel.

All right, I see that the point here is that Israel controls and dictates American policy in the Middle East.

The reason why Israel hates Obama even though he has increased the welfare we give that nation is because he won't start a war for Israel. Benny has been trying for decades to get America to go to war with Iran and had Romney been elected we would have done just that and Romney even said as much.

The point of these two sentences is to show that Israel does not control American policy in the Middle East.

Life is confusing sometimes.

posted on Feb, 11 2014 @ 05:19 PM
link   

I knew I couldn't respond after reading the words "none other." That's a mind made up. Funny ... It's the offsetting thing which spoiled my time in the ME. Their minds are made up and they're dying to get agreement on certain points of view. It's so tiring. -sigh

posted on Feb, 11 2014 @ 09:00 PM
link   
reply to post by buster2010

Actually it wasnt Israel that wanted Saddam gone it was the Saudis and they were willing to pay whatever it took. They even supplied free fuel to allied forces during the invasion. Offered to pay enlisted personnel at the time 10000 each as well bush declined that of course. Israel wasn't involved in the gulf war but i see in your world they had to be because of your animosity towards them. As far as Israel controlling american politics you're right Obama doesn't like Israel and they know it.

Obama, who was reportedly peeved by Netanyahu’s perceived endorsement of Mitt Romney leading up to November’s election, was recently quoted saying, “Israel doesn’t know what its own best interests are.

To which Israel countered

Netanyahu’s governing Likud party seethed, accusing Obama of “gross interference.”

then lets not forget obamas live mike screw up when he spoke to Nicolas Sarkozy in 2011.

Netanyahu is "a liar, You're fed up with him, but I have to deal with him even more often than you."

So no US policy isnt the least concerned with the Israelis or there thoughts and they definitely have zero influence.

posted on Feb, 12 2014 @ 01:01 PM
link   
As of January, 2013:

Nuclear Power Plants Worldwide

The United States is a nuclear power house, with 104 nuclear reactors.
Iran has only one.

posted on Feb, 12 2014 @ 01:19 PM
link   

ik9zeroE
As of January, 2013:

Iran has only one.

And this shows what exactly? Hey the United Kingdom has 16 oh and Turkey started construction on 3. In fact just signed the deal with Japan to build them just thought id throw that random fact out there since i guess thats what we're doing.

posted on Feb, 13 2014 @ 01:09 AM
link   

dragonridr

ik9zeroE
As of January, 2013:

Iran has only one.

And this shows what exactly?

With that question, I'll have to refer you to the quote in your signature and then ask: do you see only what you're conditioned to see?

I feel simmering anger in your response. That's okay, I have anger issues too. Well I'm far past anger really but that's not the point. Anger is danger, and danger deranges. Simple truth.

What there is to see is who the nuclear power house really is. Personally, I love Iran and they're a HERO to me. It is the United States who we all should be worried about. In a compassionate way, really. I think the United States has lost its mind.
edit on 2.13.2014 by ik9zeroE because: typo

posted on Feb, 13 2014 @ 01:15 AM
link   
reply to post by ik9zeroE

Please forgive me for jumping into your conversation, but I'm not well versed in things nuclear. Is the number of power plants a nation has related to the number of nuclear weapons it has? Does a nation need so many power plants in order to have a nuclear weapon?

I've heard that power plants use 5% enriched Uranium. If I'm wrong, please correct me. If 5% is enough for a power plant, how does that connect with Iran's enrichment to 20% and their announced plans to enrich to a higher degree of purity?

Thanks in advance for your clarification of these questions.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join