It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

extending unemployment benefits nulled again, anyone else suffering!!!!

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 6 2014 @ 02:07 PM
link   
Saw cspan senate reaction to harry reed amendment. It really pisses me off why hey cant vote for this. I find it interesting that these extensions were applied day in and day out and all of a sudden 2014 "we got to cut them off". This is my first time on unemployment

posted on Feb, 6 2014 @ 02:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Jordan River

I just want the money that I put into it...
they should give you that no questions asked and if you need extended after that then you have to apply. I have put at least 3 months worth of paychecks into EDD and I can't even have the money I gave them? That was the whole point I thought, they were saving for you.... Then why do they get to decide if I can take it out...I didn't get a choice to put it in.... Giggity

posted on Feb, 6 2014 @ 02:17 PM
link   

Sremmos80
reply to post by Jordan River

I just want the money that I put into it...
they should give you that no questions asked and if you need extended after that then you have to apply. I have put at least 3 months worth of paychecks into EDD and I can't even have the money I gave them? That was the whole point I thought, they were saving for you.... Then why do they get to decide if I can take it out...I didn't get a choice to put it in.... Giggity

You would have been better off if they took zero unemployment tax form you and you put it in a simple savings account.

posted on Feb, 6 2014 @ 02:17 PM
link   
Lets see....
Eviction notice in a few days...check
1 day worth of food in the fridge..check
1 leaky car that's barely running...check

Imagine the government robbing your bank and stealing all the money in your account, running out the building with a bag full of YOUR cash. See those little dollar bills falling out of the bag? That's what they call "Unemployment compensation".

HEY!!!!! GIVE ME BACK MY MONEY!!!!!
edit on 6-2-2014 by Visitor2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2014 @ 02:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Sremmos80

What is EDD ?

posted on Feb, 6 2014 @ 02:26 PM
link   

Jordan River
Saw cspan senate reaction to harry reed amendment. It really pisses me off why hey cant vote for this. I find it interesting that these extensions were applied day in and day out and all of a sudden 2014 "we got to cut them off". This is my first time on unemployment

What is the "harry reed" amendment ?

Who would "vote" on this ?

posted on Feb, 6 2014 @ 02:26 PM
link   

xuenchen

What is EDD ?

Employment Development Department

posted on Feb, 6 2014 @ 02:27 PM
link   

Visitor2012

xuenchen

What is EDD ?

Is that some Federal department ?

Or is it a State ?

posted on Feb, 6 2014 @ 02:28 PM
link   

You GOT the money you put into it a long time ago. Your ORIGINAL unemployment of 39 weeks was paid for by a state payroll tax on earnings OR directly by your previous employer on a dollar-for-dollar reimbursement. Once you passed that 39 weeks ALL the extensions, the first 13 weeks and ALL the subsequent extensions that took you to a whopping 90+ weeks of unemployment checks were paid for by the Federal government with money it DOES NOT HAVE. It's all borrowed. Every single dime you take adds to the deficit.

the government has supported you for just shy of two full years. Just how long do they need to keep doing this? What have you been doing for two years? This is enough time to retrain yourself for nearly any trade, which the government will ALSO pay for. If you've been waiting around with your mouth open for a job to drop into your lap, dream on. You just squandered an opportunity. Two years? My God! You could have taught yourself to be completely self-sustaining!

I'm completely in favor of unemployment insurance to give people a lifeline if they are laid off through no fault of their own, but not FOREVER. If you're going to say you want the money YOU put into it, and want to pretend that payroll tax was money you would otherwise have gotten in wages if your employer did not have to pay it, OK. Fine. I understand that. But after 39 weeks you more than used that amount up, so that's then end of your "entitlement." The rest is gravy. You'll use it to your advantage of you're smart, or squander it and want more if you're not.

posted on Feb, 6 2014 @ 02:29 PM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen

It is what CA calls the unemployment department, they are who you go through to try and collect benefits. They sound as if they just got off their shift at the DMV...

posted on Feb, 6 2014 @ 02:30 PM
link   

xuenchen

Visitor2012

xuenchen

What is EDD ?

Is that some Federal department ?

Or is it a State ?

It's state.

posted on Feb, 6 2014 @ 02:34 PM
link   

How long have you been collecting benefits? Did you think it would go on forever?

Des

posted on Feb, 6 2014 @ 02:36 PM
link   
reply to post by schuyler

I wasn't talking extensions or anything, all I said is I want the money they take out of my check every 2 weeks.

ETA: Why did you assume that I had been on for over 39 weeks? Where did I ever say that? Your entire post is based on the fact that I had been collecting for over 39 weeks.....
Instead of replying with the assumption maybe ask the question that would warrant you long winded response....
Would of saved you a lot of typing and time

edit on thThu, 06 Feb 2014 14:53:59 -0600America/Chicago220145980 by Sremmos80 because: (no reason given)

edit on thThu, 06 Feb 2014 14:54:33 -0600America/Chicago220143380 by Sremmos80 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2014 @ 02:38 PM
link   

Destinyone

How long have you been collecting benefits? Did you think it would go on forever?

Des

I am not, I got denied
Would have been my first time as well. I never said I wanted it to go on forever. Either give me the choice of not having it taken out or when I call saying I need the money you took, give me what I put in and then we can talk about extending.

posted on Feb, 6 2014 @ 02:39 PM
link   

I'm sorry i misspelled Reid last name, i guess you need to be told the difference even though it's the same message

posted on Feb, 6 2014 @ 02:42 PM
link   

I'm not asking it forever i just wanted my remaining 5 weeks. That whole 90 week b.s sounds like a scapegoat rebuttal to those who are having hard times

posted on Feb, 6 2014 @ 02:50 PM
link   

What was the reason you got denied. They have guidelines for payouts. If this was your first time for applying for benefits, they must have a reason for denial. What got voted on in the Senate doesn't effect that.

Des

edit on 6-2-2014 by Destinyone because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2014 @ 02:50 PM
link   

Jordan River

I'm sorry i misspelled Reid last name, i guess you need to be told the difference even though it's the same message

At first I thought you were referring to Reed Amendment (immigration)

But which "Reid" amendment is ongoing now?

He has several I think.

Can you link?

posted on Feb, 6 2014 @ 02:51 PM
link   
The thing that confuses me about it is, I've read that the rate of return on the money allocated to unemployment insurance is well over 100%. The money these folks get while they're unemployed is immediately spent and put back into the economy.

Maybe I don't understand how it works, but I thought it was a no-loss deal from the government's standpoint.

As with everything else, though, it's not a rational argument, it's a political one...

posted on Feb, 6 2014 @ 02:59 PM
link   

You GOT the money you put into it a long time ago.

I was under the impression Employers pay for unemployment 'insurance'.

Employees don't.

Says it right here:

Benefits are generally paid by state governments, funded in large part by state and federal payroll taxes levied against employers

en.wikipedia.org...

That is a good question how long do employers have to keep paying 'employees' for doing absolutely nothing.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join