It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Time for a mass redistribution of wealth

page: 33
<< 30  31  32    34  35  36 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 2 2014 @ 07:39 PM
link   
reply to post by spiritualzombie

It is perplexing that the people advocating wealth redistribution don't realize that their wealth will get redistributed as well.

posted on Feb, 2 2014 @ 07:39 PM
link   

Then you need to find a way to measure greed, good luck with that.

posted on Feb, 2 2014 @ 07:41 PM
link   

dbarnhart

It is perplexing that the people advocating wealth redistribution don't realize that their wealth will get redistributed as well.

Are they guilty of trying to take the government away from the people? Are they actively participating in corrupt practices to gain an unfair advantage for the super wealthy? Why are they in danger of their wealth being redistributed?

posted on Feb, 2 2014 @ 07:42 PM
link   

thesaneone

Then you need to find a way to measure greed, good luck with that.

Does greed not exist? Do you really think it would be impossible to identify?
edit on 2-2-2014 by spiritualzombie because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2014 @ 07:44 PM
link   

spiritualzombie

thesaneone

Then forget the evil 1% and focus your energy on the corrupt government.

Please stop re-wording me. Quote me anywhere that I said "evil 1%". Just stop.

spiritualzombie
Come back to the core. 1% is wrong. 1% is a broken failed system. You must see the truth in that.

edit on 30-1-2014 by spiritualzombie because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2014 @ 07:45 PM
link   

spiritualzombie
Come back to the core. 1% is wrong. 1% is a broken failed system. You must see the truth in that.

Again, quote me on "evil 1%".

posted on Feb, 2 2014 @ 08:00 PM
link   

spiritualzombie

spiritualzombie

Again, quote me on "evil 1%".

I don't remember him calling them "evil"

However, he has indicated that they are mentally ill.

Actually, he indicated anyone wanting to have more than they need.....suffer from greed and are mentally ill.

And that there should be laws created on this.

All you have to do is go back to page one of this thread and read his first four posts.

Still trying to figure out who gets to decide how much is more than one needs.....

Oh yes...as Beezer said: The one with the biggest stick gets to decide.

posted on Feb, 2 2014 @ 08:02 PM
link   

You have painted the 1% as evil by calling them mentally ill but that's cool just keep changing the definition.

posted on Feb, 2 2014 @ 08:07 PM
link   

thesaneone

You have painted the 1% as evil by calling them mentally ill but that's cool just keep changing the definition.

No you have painted me as saying that. Mentally ill is not the same as evil.

Also, I've looked at my first 4 posts and no where do I say there should be laws to make 1% illegal.

The laws I spoke about were related to minimum wage, tax cuts, and getting money out of politics. Just ideas to level the playing field, to make it more fair.

posted on Feb, 2 2014 @ 08:19 PM
link   
The energy I feel directed at me has been very combative, closed-minded, and full of intentional mis-quotes.

I can see that despite this being a discussion board, you guys are really on a witch hunt, and no matter how many times I explain my position on education, corruption and money in politics... you guys just want to drown a witch.

posted on Feb, 2 2014 @ 08:20 PM
link   

spiritualzombie
reply to post by ketsuko

Your last point sounds like you believe the people in government are above the law, there is no way to investigate, no way to get justice. Does that invalidate what I'm saying, that there should be justice?

No, I'm going off what you're ranting about. You are the one who say that the 1% have bought the government, but you want the government to fix the problem by making laws against the 1%.

If they are getting their palms greased by the 1%, what makes you think they're at all interested in cutting off their gravy train just to root out the corruption in the system, corruption they're a part of?

That's the cognitive dissonance.

I'm not sidestepping anything. I'm taking everyone's accusations head-on. I have seen a lot of intentional re-wording of my posts and a lot of intentional misinterpretation of my views.

I've done my best to explain my position.

You've explained your position quite well, and we've regurgitated it endlessly back to you only to be told that we don't get it.

Again with the cognitive dissonance.

If you believe some people have earned the right to be above the law, and that ultimately our government should be for sale, that's your view. Not one I agree with.

No one has earned the right to be above the law, but the law only works as long as it is being enforced.

In case you haven't noticed, our government isn't great at that, but again, you seem to think our same government will ride in on its legislative white horse any moment now and strike down the very people you claim are buying it.

Why?

posted on Feb, 2 2014 @ 08:30 PM
link   

ketsuko
you seem to think our same government will ride in on its legislative white horse any moment now and strike down the very people you claim are buying it.

I don't think this will happen at all. No where have I said, get ready, the government is going to go after the corruption and clean itself up. Nope, the rich are buying this country. They are buying the news, and many people support them doing so as The American Dream.

So my reaction, which I admitted was reactionary, was to say I vote for any law that redistributes wealth. Minimum wage go up, and those corrupt wealthy scream "no", I say yes. It's a personal choice.

It's not a dictator's choice. As benevolent dictator, my choice is to investigate those who think they can buy the government.

It's sad for you to think though that government can't repair itself. That's a sad thought indeed. That corruption cannot be fixed. The super wealthy can not be stopped from buying government and creating more distance between themselves and middle/lower classes.

What's interesting though is people aren't saying "it can't be done". People are accusing me of wanting to steal wealth. What I want is a fair system. I want to see these people investigated for plotting to take over the country, and I want laws in place to stop them from doing so.

From my point of view, a lot of people responding to my posts support protecting these individuals and even protecting their right to buy government.

posted on Feb, 2 2014 @ 08:31 PM
link   
If zombie is above 12 years old, he/she is being disingenuous and downright dishonest. I've read every post closely and I've never seen anyone more able to dance around a subject and attempt to change the subject, sidestep questions then say he/she has answered all direct questions.
All we have asked for is a plan for this massive wealth distribution you're calling for.
You have no plan and yet you say that action should be taken---you would 'vote' for it. That's a fail in every educational system I've ever dealt with.
Instead of answering our quite reasonable questions he/she dances about to another subject altogether, that of political corruption and money in politics. Another fail since zombie won't give any sort of guideline or parameter to corral the "wealth distributors" he/she is proposing be created.
Zombie has admitted that he/she is afflicted with this greed addiction and yet fails to see that not all humans have this addiction and fails to understand about projection, i.e., if I suffer with this problem it must be part of the human condition and I will save the world by prescribing treatment for greed.
Zombie, I hope you can get help with your psychological problems. I hope we in this nation can work to set our government back on the tracks that the founders set it on so long ago. I hope and pray that people like you never have power over people like me. Grandma's silver wouldn't be safe from your ilk if you didn't have any silver.
Honestly, I've heard better arguments from 12-13 year olds. Most of them can at least keep on subject.
So, go get yourself some counseling about that greed that eats at you on a daily basis. Quit watching the pretty people on the screen and believing that your personal misery and that of all other miserable folk is because there are corrupt politicians and business people. Your life is what you make of it. Money is only pictures of dead presidents. Read a book, history preferably since you seem oblivious to it and how your non-plan of wealth redistribution has been attempted over the centuries with deadly consequences.
And please, please don't talk to us about empathy for others and call for causing others pain, ("I want them to hurt.") A statement like that reflects a very sick mind. The only crowd you'll get to line up behind you are the people with the same sick mindset as your own.
If you want to speak of political corruption, start a thread and offer up a solution or send whatever information you have about all the corruption of which you speak to the proper authorities! By all means, get the bad guys arrested and make them pay for their crimes. I cited you a case in my state where members of our legislature were led off in cuffs to jail. (Google Operation Boptrot) How do you think that investigation came about? Do you think it was one of the guilty parties that ran to the FBI? Think about it..... So, if you know of corruption, and you claim to "know" of it, go to the proper authorities. However, if your "knowledge" on the matter is all from the pretty people on the screen, turn them off and go do some volunteer work with people less fortunate than yourself. Try giving the time you've spent on this thread alone to others---cook for homeless, invite them to dinner, take them shopping, knit them a cap to wear when it's cold out there, clear the snow from a neighbor's driveway....in that way you can make a real difference in the lives of others. If that is truly your intent. But I suspect that is not your intent....your intent self-aggrandizement, a hallmark of the adolescent mindset---so if indeed you are above 13 years of age, you need serious help with your maturation process.

edit on 2-2-2014 by diggindirt because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2014 @ 08:39 PM
link   
reply to post by diggindirt

Calling bullsh*t on this.

I've been stretched in many directions and have responded to all. I still stand by my original post and I've gotten very specific on a need to go after corruption and get money out of politics.

So much of this is about greed.

Why am I getting so much wrath to speak out against greed?

You guys enjoy the corruption. You guys want the corruption. You guys call it the American Dream. You applaud people who buy multiple media outlets to intentionally mislead public. You guys support corrupt practices that create a demand for $7 trillion dollar ransom.

You must support it, because I have been attacked HARD for speaking against it.

posted on Feb, 2 2014 @ 08:41 PM
link   

spiritualzombie
The energy I feel directed at me has been very combative, closed-minded, and full of intentional mis-quotes.

I can see that despite this being a discussion board, you guys are really on a witch hunt, and no matter how many times I explain my position on education, corruption and money in politics... you guys just want to drown a witch.

I actually registered on this site to respond to this ridiculous post.

Closed minded would be your entire idea and thought process. A mass redistribution of wealth is the worst possible idea that any idiot would ever attempt to implement. The fact you even proposed it is indicative of your extremely limited knowledge of economics, and the driving forces behind it.

You sound envious and want something for nothing.....very typical mindsets of losers and parasites.

posted on Feb, 2 2014 @ 08:43 PM
link   

doubletap

spiritualzombie

I actually registered on this site to respond to this ridiculous post.

Closed minded would be your entire idea and thought process. A mass redistribution of wealth is the worst possible idea that any idiot would ever attempt to implement. The fact you even proposed it is indicative of your extremely limited knowledge of economics, and the driving forces behind it.

You sound envious and want something for nothing.....very typical mindsets of losers and parasites.

Then you have not read much. Maybe you signed up because you see how popular this post has been and the disinfo agents need help shutting it down.

posted on Feb, 2 2014 @ 08:44 PM
link   

spiritualzombie

thesaneone

No you have painted me as saying that. Mentally ill is not the same as evil.

Also, I've looked at my first 4 posts and no where do I say there should be laws to make 1% illegal.

The laws I spoke about were related to minimum wage, tax cuts, and getting money out of politics. Just ideas to level the playing field, to make it more fair.

Really? You deny saying that?

So what was this in your fourth post in this thread?

Rules, laws, changes to the system are what is required. They are sometimes easy to identify. Just like taking a demon-possessed child to a church... the laws that effect the richest make them scream in anguish. This is where we need to concentrate focus.

Prior to that, you were defining what the 1% were:

The 1% is a problem.

If this were one of those sim games, where you control the sim-nation, and it evolved to a state of mass poverty and 1% of the population controlling everyone else, that game would be considered a fail. Too much unhappiness. Not enough balance.

They have tipped the scales too far. It's obvious to any reasonable person. This psychosis of greed may even destroy the world if it's allowed. I am convinced at this point that the "free market" championed by these mentally ill people is nothing more than an enabler to their addiction.

And you said:

We should identify greed as an addiction or mental illness and not applaud it but ask "What's wrong with you? Why are you holding onto this all for yourself? Did you rise to such heights all for yourself?" This is a mental problem. It's extremely dangerous.

"Extremely dangerous"

And on the 2nd or 3rd page of this thread you said:

Dear god, put your pitchforks away. Just get onboard with legislation that tips the scales back in favor of the majority and don't buy into the demon-possessed propaganda that tries to scare you into supporting the 1%.

You did say you want laws made. If you make laws, removing the wealth of the 1%, or laws that prevent anyone from becoming 1%......

Then you are advocating laws that make being 1% illegal.

Are you not understanding what it is you are saying?

You can't make posts like that.....and then turn around and claim you never said that. You did, and it's a mater of record now.

posted on Feb, 2 2014 @ 08:46 PM
link   

spiritualzombie

Then you have not read much. Maybe you signed up because you see how popular this post has been and the disinfo agents need help shutting it down.

I have read every page of this ridiculous post, and 2 things are clear: You seem to be the mentally ill one, and perhaps as a symptom of your mental illness, you have little to no knowledge of anything other than parasitic behavior.

posted on Feb, 2 2014 @ 08:52 PM
link   
reply to post by eriktheawful

I stand by all my quotes and I have grown even more focused since then, thanks to many of the responses.

But I reject your interpretation.

You want a devil, so you see one in me. You are reacting to the hot button "redistribution", not to the actual content behind that statement.

I do have many many thoughts on greed and capitalism. And I am open to many levels of compromise, many possible solutions.

posted on Feb, 2 2014 @ 08:57 PM
link   

spiritualzombie

So my reaction, which I admitted was reactionary, was to say I vote for any law that redistributes wealth.

Specifically which section of the Constitution authorizes such a retarded idea?

I assume you can post it, correct?

top topics

<< 30  31  32    34  35  36 >>

join