It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Time for a mass redistribution of wealth

page: 36
<< 33  34  35    37  38  39 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 3 2014 @ 04:13 PM
link   

beezzer
reply to post by poet1b

Split hairs much?

Twist it anyway you want. . .

Scare the 1%, death penalty to the 01%

The central theme is, you folks aren't happy with people having wealth.

"Time for a mass redistribution of wealth". Isn't that the name of the thread?

Another gross distortion. I'm surprised this kind of blatant, repeated, INTENTIONAL distortion is even allowed on ATS. Isn't there some sort of forum rule against this??

Shame on you, Beezzer.

posted on Feb, 3 2014 @ 04:23 PM
link   

spiritualzombie

beezzer
reply to post by poet1b

Split hairs much?

Twist it anyway you want. . .

Scare the 1%, death penalty to the 01%

The central theme is, you folks aren't happy with people having wealth.

"Time for a mass redistribution of wealth". Isn't that the name of the thread?

Another gross distortion. I'm surprised this kind of blatant, repeated, INTENTIONAL distortion is even allowed on ATS. Isn't there some sort of forum rule against this??

Shame on you, Beezzer.

Your quote. I did not do anything to it.

The top 1% are supporting the top .0001%. The mindsets of the top 1% are a problem. They should be scared to support the top .0001% for fear of having their assets taken for supporting financial terrorism, fraud, intentionally misleading public through multiple news outlets.

The top 1% should be afraid to support the top .0001%.

Something needs to happen to make the 1% wake up to the damage and corruption and start distancing themselves from the .0001% intent on controlling the country through corrupt practices.

What needs to happen to distance themselves?

Losing all their money would scare the F out of them. Especially if they started seeing it happen.

How would they lose all their money unless there was a movement to take it?

Depending on the crime, death penalty could be put on the table for financial terrorism... Such as participating in a plot to intentionally tank the U.S. economy and hold the country hostage with a ransom set in the trillions.

So here you are, putting on the table, the death penalty. For what YOU consider financial terrorism, which as far as I can surmise, is greed. You throw financial terrorism in there, and are assuming that it is the wealthy that have tanked the economy and not the government.

This is getting boring. You whine about those of us mixing words and posts, yet you deliberately do it.

You, are beginning to bore me.

*yawn*
edit on 3-2-2014 by beezzer because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2014 @ 04:25 PM
link   
Holy cow! Are we onto this again?

posted on Feb, 3 2014 @ 04:28 PM
link   

ketsuko

Yeah.

I feel like I'm beating a dead horse.

posted on Feb, 3 2014 @ 04:34 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

Beezzer, your disgraceful tactics are obvious. Please read whol complete sentences. Whole complete posts and quit taking things out of context.

Why can't we have a discussion on the issues I have brought up?

posted on Feb, 3 2014 @ 04:36 PM
link   
This topic has been and will continue to be about how rich folks have bought our government and this should be something everyone is worried about, but for some reason we’ve come to just accept it. I say it’s because these folks are greedy and just can’t seem to have enough. I’m simply pointing out what I think the cause is, because what else can it be? Okay…specific examples might help. Koch Brothers and Monsanto… Money buying politics. I’m simply getting down to the basics… greed.

These people will pay lots of money to buy laws (e.g. Koch Brothers, Monsanto).

Every time legislation is proposed to expire tax cuts for the rich or raise minimum wage, these people call it "Redistribution of Wealth". Many could argue the 2009 bailouts was an "upward" mass redistribution of wealth. They took OUR taxes, OUR money, to the sum of $7 trillion dollars and redistributed it to bail out individuals who then used that money to pay executives ridiculous bonuses. There's something fundamentally wrong with our government if these folks are able to get away with being bailed out and come out on top and we're stuck footing the bill.

I have been very clear in my support of letting tax cuts expire, raising minimum wage, and getting money out of politics. I've also spoken against the massive greed that has taken hold of our government.

posted on Feb, 3 2014 @ 04:37 PM
link   

spiritualzombie
reply to post by beezzer

Beezzer, your disgraceful tactics are obvious. Please read whol complete sentences. Whole complete posts and quit taking things out of context.

Why can't we have a discussion on the issues I have brought up?

I did nothing to your posts.

I simply responded to what you wrote.

And now I'm done. You've sunk to calling me questioning you and your posts as disgraceful.

That tells me that in the great scheme of things, you've lost the debate and I have won!

(runs victory lap)

Now I'm going to enjoy a beverage, and perhaps have a nice sandwich.

posted on Feb, 3 2014 @ 04:37 PM
link   

ketsuko

I agree, you guys should just quit your dishonorable distortion tactics and walk away.

(post by spiritualzombie removed for a manners violation)

posted on Feb, 3 2014 @ 04:43 PM
link   
The only way to redistribute wealth is to destroy the current money system, envoke revolution then start fresh.

We currently can all get jobs but the effort corporations put into selling us iPads, $30,000 cars, houses etc, quickly drains humans of any money. The materialistic lifestyle is pure evil.

posted on Feb, 3 2014 @ 04:44 PM
link   
reply to post by spiritualzombie

Easiest way to do that is to click below my avatar and put an alert out on me.

posted on Feb, 3 2014 @ 04:48 PM
link   

poet1b
reply to post by Antigod

it is clear from your posts that you are getting more and more emotional.

A corporation is a legal entity formed by a financial commune.

The purpose of the corporate entity is not to engage in market economics, but to usurp the law of supply and demand, and dictate price through any means of control possible.

I know they didn't teach you this stuff in school, but at some point you need to get out of the box and figure things out for yourself.

Look up the history of Standard Oil.

Market economies are always more competitive, and therefore better off without corporate entities.

I have presented the facts, it is your choice whether or not to face them.

Not emotional, irritated.

I know what a corporation is. I've studies economics. Unlike you. Your posts have shown zero comprehension of how big companies make production more efficient, improving the consumer's standard of living.

I think one of you must obvious failures in comprehension is that you seem to think I don't want large business subject to things like public scrutiny, and other regulation that stops monopolies and assorted dirty dealings. There's always someone lying and cheating in every field of human endeavor. They aren't all bent, all of the time. Some of them are bent some of the time. Laws are necessary, hysteria isn't.

You also stated most inventors/innovators don't research for profit, and then failed to provide examples. I provided ample examples of those who were motivated by personal gain.

And you haven't presented facts, you've made unsubstantiated statements which you don't back up with fact.

Every anti capitalist sings the same tune, 'take away their stuff'' then 'punish them for having more stuff than I think they should have', then it's the slippery slope to a totalitarian state. It's been seen every time 'wealth redistribution' has been implemented. You just get a different bunch of people in charge, but these are not competent manufacturers or organizers. And after a while they aren't even elected.

If you think capitalism is corrupt you should study what life was like in communist states. Nothing got done without bribing the officials. The factories are horrendously inefficient, the quality of the product is poor (as there is no competition to weed out the inefficient and managers are hired for loyalty not ability). Consumers have no choice: buy the state manufactured item, nothing else is available, so there's no incentive to improve products. Creativity and entrepreneurial behavior gets punished as anti-collective. Any high achievers are virtual prisoners, to boost the image of the state to make them look successful in at least one way (take a look at defecting Communist country athletes/academics from the past).

Capitalism has it's flaws, but it doesn't have to fence in it's citizens. In fact it works best when it doesn't.

One of you other basic flaws is assuming American capitalism is 'capitalism'. It functions in different in many ways from culture to culture. In Japan the staff at the companies typically own 1/3 of the shares. Sweden has one family own a massive proportion of its production (about a fifth I think), but it's got the most evenly distributed wealth of any country.

In essence, come up with a functioning alternative, or quiet down.

posted on Feb, 3 2014 @ 04:50 PM
link   

spiritualzombie
This topic has been and will continue to be about how rich folks have bought our government and this should be something everyone is worried about, but for some reason we’ve come to just accept it. I say it’s because these folks are greedy and just can’t seem to have enough. I’m simply pointing out what I think the cause is, because what else can it be? Okay…specific examples might help. Koch Brothers and Monsanto… Money buying politics. I’m simply getting down to the basics… greed.

Every time legislation is proposed to expire tax cuts for the rich or raise minimum wage, these people call it "Redistribution of Wealth". Many could argue the 2009 bailouts was an "upward" mass redistribution of wealth. They took OUR taxes, OUR money, to the sum of $7 trillion dollars and redistributed it to bail out individuals who then used that money to pay executives ridiculous bonuses. There's something fundamentally wrong with our government if these folks are able to get away with being bailed out and come out on top and we're stuck footing the bill.

I have been very clear in my support of letting tax cuts expire, raising minimum wage, and getting money out of politics. I've also spoken against the massive greed that has taken hold of our government.

And I explained in detail why raising the minimum wage just raises prices so effectively that it wipes out the point of rising the minimum wage. Which you still don't get.

posted on Feb, 3 2014 @ 04:51 PM
link   
i am all for this what the hell can someone do with x billions anyway does it really make them any happier a person

the swiss and a few other euro countrys are talking about paying all the people a basic wage anyway and what the hell it is only a line of code on a computer anyway .

time for a jubilee just like god ordered every 49 years

posted on Feb, 3 2014 @ 04:55 PM
link   

spiritualzombie

Antigod
And I explained in detail why raising the minimum wage just raises prices so effectively that it wipes out the point of rising the minimum wage. Which you still don't get.

Just 3 words? "raising minimum wage"? Is that your only issue with my post above?
edit on 3-2-2014 by spiritualzombie because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2014 @ 05:22 PM
link   
reply to post by poet1b

UH... lol...

A corporation is a legal entity that is separate and distinct from its owners. www.investopedia.com...

A commune on the other hand is an intentional community of people living together, sharing common interests, property, possessions, resources, and, in some communes, work and income. en.wikipedia.org...

Corporations don't live together dear.

posted on Feb, 3 2014 @ 05:32 PM
link   

ATTENTION EVERYONE!!!!!!!!!!

Discuss the topic.
Not other members.

We expect civility and decorum within all topics. and You are responsible for your own posts.

posted on Feb, 3 2014 @ 06:16 PM
link   
Has anyone done the Math?

For instance, if everyone on the planet that is worth over $1 Billion had all their assets seized and magically liquidated down to leaving them with just $1 Billion that they'll probably some how manage to just barely scrape by on, what's the total value in dollar amounts that would be piled into one big pile of how much?

Would all that moolah total into Trillions? Tens of Trillions? More? Less?

... and then there's the big question of what gets done to all that cash?

Is it put to work to generate more cash that then gets divided out? or is it parcelled to the masses post haste?

As much as I'd like to see Greed castrated/neutered where individual control over tens and hundreds of Billions is no longer possible, I don't think a simple Robin Hood solution will amount to much by way of benefitting anyone much more than just leaving things as is.

It's a complex issue, and it's a complex issue worldwide where not everyone will ever get the same value out of being treated equally either.
For instance, there's some people in the world that might equate $10 a MONTH extra in their pockets to baller gold raining from the sky, where, places where cost of living is high like Hong Kong, Tokyo, NYC, LA, and other such, $10 would barely last out a day, if that.

There's also the fear factor to contend with.
Go Red October 1917 on any one place on the planet and that would just herd all the money somewhere else, scaring out of reach. Seizure of all monies everywhere would need occur worldwide instantaneously to effectively carry out any kind of real serious redistribution.
Otherwise, the money simply moves elsewhere and entire regions are instantly ghetto-ized while leaderships are left to sort out and make up new currencies to fill the financial vacuum left over.

It'd be nice to speculate in putting the entire planet under a one-world currency, but, we've seen how that could play out where problems with the Euro came into effect caused by the irresponsibilities of some participants.

Whatever the case, poverty, in contrast to wealth and the vast inequalities as well as the Olympian difference between "rich" and "wealthy" deserves some looking into and serious responsible discussion by people that count and could actually do something about it.

posted on Feb, 3 2014 @ 06:19 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 3 2014 @ 06:26 PM
link   

spiritualzombie
I have been very clear that my view of "redistribution" is in my support of letting tax cuts expire, raising minimum wage, getting money out of politics, and supporting other legislation that seeks to help the little guy. I've also spoken against the massive greed that has taken hold of our government.

SO you're for big government? Letting tax cuts expire?

I want my money. I don't want the government to have my money.

I believe in a flat tax. Everyone pays.

Raising minimum wage? For who? The 12% of the workforce that gets it? So the rest of us just pay more for goods and services?

Who makes the laws? Politicians. They aren't going to bite the hand that feeds them.

You want big government to solve these problems, don't you.

new topics

top topics

<< 33  34  35    37  38  39 >>

join