It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Deciphering the Pagan Stones

page: 91
<< 88  89  90    92  93  94 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 21 2014 @ 09:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Wifibrains

Well your ideas there are not bad. But I don't like commenting on someone's ideas when they wont comment on I my now buried maybe three pages back solstice/equinox offering.

I will try to watch the vids again.....but not going to pop any '___' or anything for a better wave length understanding or anything like that.

posted on Nov, 21 2014 @ 10:03 PM
link   
For the host of this fine thread wherever she has gone.

20:50 Dog and bore.

22:52 Wild bore hunt

30:31 Royal wild bore hunt

33:57 Winged Being

For comparison with Pict Stone Iconography.

posted on Nov, 21 2014 @ 10:07 PM
link   

13:47

14:45

18:25

33:50

edit on 21-11-2014 by Logarock because: n

posted on Nov, 22 2014 @ 08:28 AM
link   
Michty me! Chicken pox x 4... that's FOUR!
Why did they all need to get it at the same time?! Anyway, after much scabbiness and calamine lotion they're almost back to normal.

The "triangle" lines come into to the earth on the QUARTER DAYS between Solstice and Equinox......those being Beltane and Samhain. Both these points are marked by the Gibbous Moon and the Balsamil Moon which are both represented in the shape presented in the Pict stone. Although in one case it is seen as quarter moon shining and in the other quarter moon darkened.

Gibbous and Balsamil moons

The point the two lines hit represent the quarter 1/4 of earth but it wouldn't look as fancy and may have been two much work to put one on the other side of the earth glyph. So its sort of abbreviated but points to the quarter point.

So I am suggesting that the larger round circle is the earth. The smaller circles represent the Solstice and the Equinox. The lines hitting the face of the earth represents the Beltane and Samhain 1/4 days which were most important. This theory by the way encapsulates all three of the general theories and observations on this here thread concerning the question about this design.

I hope you're awash with applauses for that! That is the best explanation I've seen. Samhain was massively important, and we know that because it's the time the sun is in Scorpio (beastie) and it marks the dark time, winter. Time of floods, death of crops etc etc.

So triple disc represents the earth with the two wee discs the solstice and equinox. The quarter days are shown on the crescent by the V rod. I love that idea, I just love it. These are calendars in a sense, representations of the important times. Visual reminders of the allegiance to the seasons (or something!).
And a free sermon is always welcome, lol!

So, if you're right which I feel that you are, Samhain is clearly represented by the beastie and accompanying stories and should we then expect Beltane to be represented too? I think so.
I'm going to look into that.

Also Wifi, nice Saturn theories! Wait til I find my Saturn fact I dug up a few nights ago when I was just about to write, til I was called away. Don't buckle him into that jacket just yet, Gordi.

posted on Nov, 22 2014 @ 01:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: Logarock

Well your ideas there are not bad. But I don't like commenting on someone's ideas when they wont comment on I my now buried maybe three pages back solstice/equinox offering.

I will try to watch the vids again.....but not going to pop any '___' or anything for a better wave length understanding or anything like that.

I'm sure I commented in regards to the symbol representing the solstice/equinox when it was first mentioned.

I would have thought it would have been more simple and obvious to represent those on a four spoke wheel or cross.

On the right, the day lengths are shown represented by the opposit sections of the cross. The bottom(long) part is opposite the top(short) part representing solstice, and the two horizontal opposite parts are equal representing equinox.

The crescent vrod is present on this stone, so could well be a marker for these days. What do you suppose the man on the horse means?

Im not understanding how the moon plays into the equinox, what am I missing? Are you saying the earth is the crescent and triple disc the sun?

I did find this picture when I googled equinox symbols that resemble the glyph, but it shows the sun where the triple disc is...

Funnily enough this symbol also came back in the same search results...

Something is making sense to me with this saturn theory, especially with the way the plasma streams are assumed to have come to the earth, bringing with it associations of a "triple goddess" with the conjunction of the three planets and serpents that shape shift.

If saturn is the cauldron, then ceredwin is Venus and I'm taliesin.

edit on 22-11-2014 by Wifibrains because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 22 2014 @ 03:55 PM
link   
Low and behold... Look at the symbol for arwen!

Triple conjunction and plasma rays?

posted on Nov, 22 2014 @ 05:55 PM
link   
The glyph and the awen are connected?...

From wiki

The Order of Bards, Ovates and Druids (OBOD) describe the three lines as rays emanating from three points of light, with those points representing the triple aspect of deity and, also, the points at which the sun rises on the equinoxes and solstices - known as the Triad of the Sunrises.

On connections between awen as poetic inspiration and as an infusion from the Divine, The Book of Taliesin often implies this. A particularly striking example is contained in the lines:

ban pan doeth peir
ogyrwen awen teir

-literally “the three elements of inspiration that came, splendid, out of the cauldron” but implicitly “that came from God” as ‘peir’ (cauldron) can also mean ‘sovereign’ often with the meaning ‘God’. It is the “three elements” that is cleverly worked in here as awen was sometimes characterised as consisting of three sub-divisions (‘ogyrwen’) so “the ogyrwen of triune inspiration”, perhaps suggesting the Trinity.

Log, could be something here for us both mate....

Awen is also a symbol drawn by Druidesses and Druids as a way of invoking and sending blessings (it is popular at the end of Druidic e-mails and can easily and legally be downloaded by right-clicking on the image and select "save as" for non commercial purposes).

It consists of the three rays of the Sun. I have seen two completely different explanations for its form. One says that at the time of the midsummer sunrise, the sun casts three spreading rays of light, the Awen, which open the gates of Annwyn, the doorway to the Otherworld.

The other view is that they represent the points at which the Sun rises on the equinoxes and solstices, that is due east at the time of the equinoxes, as represented by the central bar of the Awen.

An Awen turned to face the East shows the direction of the winter and summer solstice sunrises.

While the concept of Awen and its solar connections are popularly regarded as Revivalist, rather than an ancient Celtic symbol, some Druidessess and Druids do believe that Awen, translated as flowing spirit, may be an ancient concept that was Christianised. They point to such examples as tales of the sixth century bard Taliesin (although these tales were recorded centuries later) who claimed to have received three drops of Awen that splashed from the Cauldron of Cerridwen

www.cassandraeason.com...

Cauldron and crescent, as above so below.

edit on 22-11-2014 by Wifibrains because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 23 2014 @ 04:04 AM
link   

"Im not understanding how the moon plays into the equinox, what am I missing? Are you saying the earth is the crescent and triple disc the sun?"

All the info is there just slow down a bit when reading. The moon marks the spot on the 1/4 points.....just read it again.

posted on Nov, 23 2014 @ 04:27 AM
link   

We need to remember with these Saturn ideas that the moon, earth moon, is only relative to the earth and sun. All of these lunar days are in relation to the position of the sun and earth. Solar masculine, Lunar feminine.

Time is divided by Sun and moon. Each has quarter marks, 4 for the moon 4 for the sun.

Now we would expect the moon to be prominent in the Pict stones because of the nature, female nature apparently of really the central figure demonstrated in the stones, a personage, a female. Its also consistent with one stone that shows what looks like King and Queen setting together, sun and moon, male and female aspects given equal notification.

Going back through Celtic, Scythian, Gaelic, Gauls and Hebrews ect we find the periodic rising of Super Queens, or whatever you like. I really cant think of any other people that bear this mark consistently if irregular, on their history although there we a few.

In Hebrew and Celtic worlds the moon marks the season change, new years ect rather than the sun. Like a time piece within a time piece.

edit on 23-11-2014 by Logarock because: n

posted on Nov, 23 2014 @ 05:36 AM
link   
a reply to: Logarock

I get what you are saying, but I'm not sure as to the crescent/moon as a marker for equinox/solstice, as the moon goes through monthly cycles would a crescent not mark a particular time of a month?

posted on Nov, 23 2014 @ 04:02 PM
link   
Here is another similar picture for comparison.

Changing the bodies can shift the perspective.

posted on Nov, 24 2014 @ 05:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: Wifibrains

I get what you are saying, but I'm not sure as to the crescent/moon as a marker for equinox/solstice, as the moon goes through monthly cycles would a crescent not mark a particular time of a month?

Its not. It marks the halfway points between the solstice and equinox which are sacred days. There are 4 of these points or quarter points. They are lunar days but are in conjunction with position of sun. The moon letting us know where the sun is at two most important of the 4 quarter days.

Beltane, Gibbous moon- Halloween, Balsamic moon. Seed budding, seed maturity. Life and death.

posted on Nov, 27 2014 @ 08:00 AM
link   
a reply to: beansidhe

Sorry to hear about your tussle with the pox! Did you mean this is the 4th time you have had pox? I still have a scare from pox from about 6 years old!

Fell well soon. Hugs and stuff! Something to cheer u up.

posted on Dec, 3 2014 @ 05:07 AM
link   

Cheers Log! I love Kevin Bridges. No, all 4 of my kids got chicken pox at the same time! Horrible, horrible stuff.

First up, a Saturn fact for Wifi:

One day many years ago, I visited a southern New Jersey beach and watched the Sun set. The sand glowed with a warm gold. A vast expanse of Delaware Bay spread before me with crimson-tinged waves. The huge, flattened globe of the Sun had dimmed enough for me to look straight at it as its bottom edge touched the distant horizon.

I was filled with the grandeur of the scene, thrilled to watch as that fiery globe sank from view — going . . . going . . . almost gone. Suddenly the loveliness was pierced by a stronger beauty so intense that it left my jaw hanging. For just a second or two, the last tiny piece of Sun gleamed a vivid green. I shouted in surprise and joy on the empty shore. I had just seen the legendary green flash.

Sky and telescope

The green flash didn’t gain public attention until 1882, when it appeared as an important topic in the Jules Verne novel Le Rayon Vert — “The Green Ray,” as the phenomenon is sometimes known.

One of Verne’s characters also recalls a Scottish legend that claims that whoever has seen the green flash will never again err in matters of the heart. It’s a charming idea. Unfortunately, researchers have never found any trace of the legend in Scottish folklore. So it seems likely that the imaginative French author made it up himself.

I can't find the article now where they link the green flash with Saturn -which isn't very helpful, I admit - but it made me think of the Green Man/ Knight, who suddenly appears in Arthurian tales and is a mysterious character. This is maybe a good source for the origins?

posted on Dec, 3 2014 @ 05:18 AM
link   
Also for Beltane - and yes Log, the quarter days are still important here. May Day holiday, Halloween, washing your face with dew on May 1st -all still trundling along like it was 1000 years ago (perhaps).

The earliest mention of Beltane is in Old Irish literature from Gaelic Ireland. According to the early medieval texts Sanas Cormaic and Tochmarc Emire, Beltane was held on 1 May and marked the beginning of summer. The texts say that, to protect cattle from disease, the druids would make two fires "with great incantations" and drive the cattle between them.[8][9]

According to 17th century historian Geoffrey Keating, there was a great gathering at the hill of Uisneach each Beltane in medieval Ireland, where a sacrifice was made to a god named Beil. Keating wrote that two bonfires would be lit in every district of Ireland, and cattle would be driven between them to protect them from disease.[10] There is no reference to such a gathering in the annals, but the medieval Dindsenchas includes a tale of a hero lighting a holy fire on Uisneach that blazed for seven years. Ronald Hutton writes that this may "preserve a tradition of Beltane ceremonies there", but adds "Keating or his source may simply have conflated this legend with the information in Sanas Chormaic to produce a piece of pseudo-history."[5] Nevertheless, excavations at Uisneach in the 20th century found evidence of large fires and charred bones, showing it to have been ritually significant.[5][11][12]

Two bonfires to drive the cattle between. There is definitely something there about the space between two identical structures, much like the double disc. And of course Halloween (Samhain) and May Day (Beltane) are the two worst times for the annoying Sidhe to appear.

posted on Dec, 3 2014 @ 11:53 AM
link   
It would be nice to see it if you do come across that link again. What ever "it" is it comes through saturn but from beyond...

I like this....

Two bonfires to drive the cattle between. There is definitely something there about the space between two identical structures, much like the double disc.

The space was known as a abyss and it had meaning. We call it space now which means nothing! It's called a spell and magic is real.

The space in between is not "space" per se. Especially if the cup is always full.

The gap instantly becomes a bridge.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Dec, 5 2014 @ 12:18 PM
link   
Here is something interesting!

I have been hinting that this knowledge is still around today... But hidden... Secret perhaps?

Remnants of the Universal Religion survive best in the East, predictably, where many of its tenets can still be seen to play a part in Eastern spiritualism. The Third Eye still exists in—and is indeed still a major part of—the Hindu religion, for example, though distorted by the passing of time. The Universal Religion, however, fared far worse in the West, where the rise of Christianity led to direct conflict with the idea of personal godhood.

The reasons and interplay that influence the conflict between the ancient Universal Religion and the early Church are myriad and out of the scope of this article; suffice it to say that the ancient Universal Religion was perceived as blasphemous in the Catholic church, and it was for this very reason that the Church stamped out this religion—or at least tried to. Though they all but exterminated practitioners of the Universal Religion, like the Druids, there were people who remembered the Universal Religion and banded together to protect it, forming mystery cults that passed this knowledge on from generation to generation, which became Secret Societies that we hear about today.

The reasons and interplay that influence the conflict between the ancient Universal Religion and the early Church are myriad and out of the scope of this article; suffice it to say that the ancient Universal Religion was perceived as blasphemous in the Catholic church, and it was for this very reason that the Church stamped out this religion—or at least tried to. Though they all but exterminated practitioners of the Universal Religion, like the Druids, there were people who remembered the Universal Religion and banded together to protect it, forming mystery cults that passed this knowledge on from generation to generation, which became Secret Societies that we hear about today.

Chief among them are the Freemasons, an organization that has been whispered about since time immemorial. Due to the organization's secrecy, however, it was never clear what exactly the Order was guarding: We know only it was some sort of religious, heretical secret, one that was discovered by the Church, who has gone to great lengths to discourage and persecute the Masons. Pope Leo XIII issued this now-famous statement:

"…after the example of our predecessors, we intend to turn our attention to the Masonic society, to its whole doctrine, to its intentions, acts, and feelings, in order to illustrate more and more this wicked force and stop the spread of this contagious disease…

Tut tut.

The Masons, as befits their name, are thought to have originated as a fraternity of stoneworkers. Consequently, they worked their religion into their art and architecture as well: they built it into the very Gothic cathedrals that the Church commissioned from them, encoding and embedding their symbolism into the facades of these great stone buildings:

“It is generally believed in occult circles that these medieval Masons had inherited esoteric knowledge from their pagan antecedents and that this knowledge was incorporated into the sacred architecture of the cathedrals. ”

—Michael Howard, The Occult Conspiracy

www.grahamhancock.com...

I just thought that was interesting as it kind of confirmed my suspicions of the churches also taking over sacred wells, replacing goddesses with saints, and "holy water" among much more, as they attempted to wrap everything up under the one archtype.

posted on Dec, 5 2014 @ 03:05 PM
link   

Listen, mother earth is calling
From forests, desolate and old
Strange whispers from a time forgotten
From realms amaranthine
Behold, the secret path awaits you
The passage, only seen by a few
Enter without fear, beloved one of the earth
And return to where you belong
Leave the hateful towns
The blinded fools of Maya
Open thy inner eye, that sees beyond the veil
Where lies the truth eternal
Hidden from mortal eyes
Listen to the call, child of the unnamable

edit on 5-12-2014 by Wifibrains because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 5 2014 @ 03:34 PM
link   
Still going on?

posted on Dec, 7 2014 @ 07:16 AM
link   

top topics

<< 88  89  90    92  93  94 >>

join