It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Deciphering the Pagan Stones

page: 90
<< 87  88  89    91  92  93 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 13 2014 @ 06:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Wifibrains

We would need to push the invention of the telescope way back then. Way back.

posted on Nov, 14 2014 @ 10:30 AM
link   
a reply to: Logarock

Very True, Unless it could be "seen" in a different way?
Maybe on the astral?
or maybe based on fragments of info surviving from a previous civilisation?

or maybe it's not representative of Saturn at all?

But it is an interesting line of thought... and a "good fit" in some respects.

posted on Nov, 14 2014 @ 10:49 AM
link   
a reply to: Gordi The Drummer

Yes maybe a concept passed down from through time from an older civilization. I did see some old icon representations of Saturn that indeed were very similar.

The astral thing is way out there for me though. I do believe there is something to that but its not something that could be expressed to a non travelers satisfaction. One needs to be as Jimmy Hendrix said "experienced". I will have to settle with pictures and telescope viewing.

posted on Nov, 14 2014 @ 02:24 PM
link   

This is probably not for you then log. Lol.

Here is something else...

According to the Saturn Polar Configuration theory, not more than 6,000 years ago our ancestors lived in a very different world, with a heavens in a different configuration than today. The planets were not far away from the Earth, but overhead, in conjunction above the North Pole. These planets were Saturn, Venus and Mars. Saturn was the primary orb, and was originally not a planet, but a sub-brown dwarf star. This is perhaps one of the most difficult details to wrap our heads around, but as we will see, there is much more to bend our minds.

www.dharmasanctuary.org...

Could the triple disc/swirls represent this triple planet formation?

I had heard that saturn was the once a/the sun. But it would mean our sun switches off or turns into a planet wouldn't it?

Maybe it's too far off the beaten track? Lol.

It certainly boggles the mind that is for sure.

posted on Nov, 14 2014 @ 04:43 PM
link   

NURSE!!! NURSE!!!

Wifi's got out of their room again!!!

Just Kidding!!! LOL

Haven't seen that particular theory.... but it does seem a wee bit out there?
G

posted on Nov, 14 2014 @ 05:42 PM
link   

Seems I have heard that before. Yes I have come to think of it.

However you still have to tie it in with the stone glyphs. At least I was able to tie my latest theory in with the stones.

edit on 14-11-2014 by Logarock because: n

posted on Nov, 15 2014 @ 05:28 AM
link   

Some of the text seems to tie in with this stone in a descriptive sense. For instance...

At this point we have to consider some sources for the images, assuming as always, that the humans were imitating something they saw, and casting it in terms familiar to them from their own environment. I'll suggest three possibilities, based on what might have been seen in the skies during the Upper Paleolithic.

The sight of Jupiter in the day skies when seen as an inner planet (between the Earth and the Sun). Jupiter would display a slim crescent, produced by the light of the Sun on Jupiter's Sun-side portion.

The sight of Saturn in the skies -- seen as a combination of three or more planets stacked up above each other,

www.saturniancosmology.org...

The shape of the crescent seems to suggest the triple disc is not the sun as it is lit from the other side.

Looking at the saturn theory and the symbol on the above stone I found some startling similarities in the artwork and architecture....

I have orientated them to match the stone, but the stone could have been orientated to match the pictures

It kind of reminds me of this...

Which is often associated with the horns of a bull and egyptian symbology.

I like the look of those trumpet looking flowers also... They seem to be pointing towards "something"

edit on 15-11-2014 by Wifibrains because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2014 @ 06:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gordi The Drummer

NURSE!!! NURSE!!!

Wifi's got out of their room again!!!

Just Kidding!!! LOL

Haven't seen that particular theory.... but it does seem a wee bit out there?
G

I like it "out there" please don't put me back in the box, I mean room. Lol.

posted on Nov, 15 2014 @ 06:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: Logarock

Seems I have heard that before. Yes I have come to think of it.

However you still have to tie it in with the stone glyphs. At least I was able to tie my latest theory in with the stones.

How about this one?

The sight of an assembly of comets traveling into the inner reaches of the Solar System and crossing Earth's orbit, wildly lighted by their individual comas and the plasma connections between them.

From... www.saturniancosmology.org...

What else could it be Log.

posted on Nov, 15 2014 @ 07:11 AM
link   
Some saturn theology and a different view of the solar system, by manly p hall.

posted on Nov, 15 2014 @ 10:28 AM
link   
More on Jupiter as the crescent...

I would suggest that Jupiter is the source for the horns and bucrania (horns attached to skull tops) used for these wall sculptures. As stated in the last chapter, Earth, traveling on an elliptical orbit (with Saturn), would alternately be located inside and outside the orbit of Jupiter. The orbit of earth would frequently be below the orbit of Jupiter. Whenever the orbit of Earth was also outside the orbit of Jupiter, Jupiter would have been seen in the daytime as a gigantic crescent moving through the skies.

On the stone there is a crescent covered in a swirling pattern also reminiscent of the surface of Jupiter.

Z rods and V rods...

The plasma stream connection between Saturn and Earth represented the most impressive display because it showed the most variability and often reshaped itself into geometric patterns. The plasma connection to the Earth looked like a stream of water entwined snakes.

In the nature of a plasma stream, it was always alive, always changing, although it could be expected that the various forms would take months to form. *As the flow of current varied, it assumed many different shapes,looking at times like a stairway or even a set of stepped arrowheads.

www.saturniancosmology.org...

*can you say "shapeshifting reptilian"?

I had what i described as a snake made out of light coil around my arm once. I could just see it out if the corner of my eye. If I looked at it directly it disappeared. Paying attention to my peripheral I could make out triangle sections of different colours swirling as if to coil.

The next day I posted on another forum about this experience and someone pointed me towards "mayan vision serpent"

Wiki threw up some similarities metaphorically with its info but nothing concrete. Upon googling a little further I found this....

www.mathemartist.com...

It's almost exactly what I was seeing, only not as colourful. It was after this a had a er interaction with a threesome of goddesses. Maybe they were one and it was just me with the whole universe? Lol

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Nov, 15 2014 @ 12:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: beansidhe

Saturn was big news to the Romans, who celebrated Saturnalia at the winter solstice:

The Neoplatonic philosopher Porphyry took an allegorical view of the Saturnalia. He saw the festival's theme of liberation and dissolution as representing the "freeing of souls into immortality"—an interpretation that Mithraists may also have followed, since they included many slaves and freedmen.[85] According to Porphyry, the Saturnalia occurred near the winter solstice because the sun enters Capricorn, the astrological house of Saturn, at that time.[86] In the Saturnalia of Macrobius, the proximity of the Saturnalia to the winter solstice leads to an exposition of solar monotheism,[87] the belief that the Sun (see Sol Invictus) ultimately encompasses all divinities as one.

That seems very Pictish, the day when the sun is reborn and the promise of Spring. It is reminiscent of Cerridwen and her cauldron, the Dagda and his cauldron where life is reborn and rejuvenated. Could the Dagda have personified Saturn?
I like this Saturn line of thinking, it seems to fit...

So in following a similar theme, could the planet Saturn have had any meaning? The cauldron of regeneration/rebirth is, as you know, a prominent theme and we were thinking about his symbol in particular (triple disc in the centre):

Firstly the glyph at the top really reminds me of a stylised version of my avatar background. It is basically a merkabah. A coming together of above on below, only on my avatar they were always one. The glyph seems to show the same "movement" only perhaps incorporating a masculine and feminine element with the straight lined triangle pointing down and the curved crescent facing up. A coming together of opposits.

If we can assume the triple disc is saturn and take into account these ancient glyphs a personal interaction with the planet, or it's energies begin to make sense of the first 5mins of the many p hall vid I posted earlier. (Please watch it again upto about 7mins or so.)

The mirror perhaps personifying saturn by way of reflection with the above-below reasoning.

"The solar system, the body, and space itself are the same in principle, differing only in magnitude. The above is like the below, the superior is like the inferior, the greater is like the lesser, the lesser is like the greater, all things follow one immense pattern"

posted on Nov, 16 2014 @ 04:36 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 17 2014 @ 08:21 AM
link   

Wow I found it. The deeper secret deep second level meaning.

posted on Nov, 17 2014 @ 12:22 PM
link   

Lol. I don't get it. Did I miss the punch line?

can you tie it in with the glyphs on the stones please?

The triptych screenshot was a little symbolic I suppose.

Nice one!

posted on Nov, 19 2014 @ 02:20 PM
link   
Spot the symbol...

posted on Nov, 19 2014 @ 06:43 PM
link   

I seriously got to worry about you. Its like zoom over your head.

Ok......you were talking about the ringed cup whatever design with the rod....old petroglyph as you know found all over the world.

So whats this guy got on his shirt there? Its an award ribbon.....what does it look like? Ok?

The actual content of the vid has nothing, zero to do with what we are talking about true.

But really all the stuff you post on here that we are supposed to make some sort of connection with and you cant even catch something this obvious? What the......?

edit on 19-11-2014 by Logarock because: n

posted on Nov, 20 2014 @ 11:06 AM
link   

A rosette! Are you saying the glyph is a rosette? I don't get it, why would they carve a rosette.

Bwahhahaha!...

Seriously?

Thought not.

Nehmind eh. Keep trying tho ay!

Now tell me, wassamatter?

Piss, I'm taking the ps. (It's only banter though, stop being grumpy)

You rock log.

posted on Nov, 21 2014 @ 05:15 AM
link   

Well I don't get it myself really.

posted on Nov, 21 2014 @ 01:59 PM
link   

I seriously got to worry about you. Lol

Did you watch the last video?

I saw double discs, crescents and the planets even moved into something that looked like the mirror symbol. There were trumpets and serpents also....

I found the cover of the book a fascinating resemblance to the glyph bean posted and is what nunged me to follow a theory along this saturn line of thought.

When I read the assumptions made by the writer on the saturniancosmology site, of what he thought the ancients were depicting with their cave art (something in the sky) I was surprised two of the pictish glyphs were described to a T.

Remember, he is looking at a different culture, but everyone, everywhere would have seen it.

the sight of a assembly of comments traveling into the inner reaches of the Solar System and crossing Earth's orbit, wildly lighted by their individual comas and the plasma connections between them.

From... www.saturniancosmology.org...

So it could be plausible that these symbols are newer versions of what was being recorded on cave walls. The same knowledge in a more symbolic language rather than artistic, lest we forget?

ETA, it would be interesting to see what the thunderbolts project is all about and if there are any more similes.

edit on 21-11-2014 by Wifibrains because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 87  88  89    91  92  93 >>

join