It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fighting homelessness by giving homeless people houses

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 28 2014 @ 10:13 AM
link   
reply to post by macman

What i just said has nothing to do with loving big government im addressing a cultural issue in where people with insurmountable wealth are focused on selfish material needs and not giving back to the community. Has nothing to do with government. People should WANT to help people out.

Sheesh. You democrat or republican or right vs left types are impossible to reason with.

posted on Jan, 28 2014 @ 10:31 AM
link   

onequestion

What i just said has nothing to do with loving big government im addressing a cultural issue in where people with insurmountable wealth are focused on selfish material needs and not giving back to the community. Has nothing to do with government. People should WANT to help people out.

And millions of people do.
But, if someone wants to be selfish and not do this, it is there right to do so.
So, I guess you are for forcing people to do this.

onequestion
Sheesh. You democrat or republican or right vs left types are impossible to reason with.

Reasoning with me is not stating people should be forced to do something, and then get butt hurt when I don't agree.

posted on Jan, 28 2014 @ 10:34 AM
link   
reply to post by macman

Stop being ridiculous.

I never once mentioned forcing anyone to do anything.
edit on 20141America/ChicagoquAmerica/Chicago1931352014 by onequestion because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2014 @ 11:00 AM
link   
reply to post by onequestion

Force by taxes is the same thing as force any other way.

Taxes are used for this crap.

If people want to donate money, property and so on for this, go for it.
I give 10% monthly and love it.

Do I think I get to bemoan those that don't? Nope. Not my problem or any of my business.

posted on Jan, 28 2014 @ 12:30 PM
link   
reply to post by macman

Donating money isnt really helping anyone.

Whats helping people is spending time with them and talking to them and accepting them for who they are and teaching them how to work or giving them skills to use.

posted on Jan, 28 2014 @ 01:12 PM
link   

onequestion
reply to post by macman

Donating money isnt really helping anyone.

Whats helping people is spending time with them and talking to them and accepting them for who they are and teaching them how to work or giving them skills to use.

Accepting them for who they are???? Sorry, don't know what that means.

The rest sounds great. So long as people aren't forced to do so.

posted on Jan, 28 2014 @ 08:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Another_Nut

That is why I say we need to leave them alone, but lets admit the truth, the ICBs want the homeless out on the streets to keep people afraid of being excluded from the system.

Nothing scares the PTB/ICBs like the idea that people could thrive outside of their control. Not many can pull it off, but some do, but you can't do it in the city. You can pull it off in the suburbs, scavenging, but not hunting.

You might want to consider that you don't know me, and certainly not what I have faced, nor what I have done in life.

posted on Jan, 28 2014 @ 08:58 PM
link   
reply to post by macman

I don't like to be forced to pay to support corporate welfare, the global empire, subsidization of illegal immigration, and a whole lot of thing, that my tax money winds up supporting, so when the PTB stop forcing me to pay for those things, them maybe I will reconsider having a extremely tiny sliver of my tax money going to help someone down on their luck, especially when it is cheaper than the current way of dealing with the homeless.

posted on Jan, 28 2014 @ 09:04 PM
link   
reply to post by poet1b

" The people who want to be homeless, live off the land, leave them aloone, as long as they aren't committing crimes."

Sir i agreed which everything you said except this

And the only reason i didn't agree was because you can't be homeless and live off the land without breaking laws

Therefore saying

Leave them alone if they are not breaking laws is impossible

Since the mere act of being homeless and living off the land is a crime in and of itself

So you must break the law in order to do either

Get it?

O and btw everyone . Just got a job interview.

With luck tomorrow i will still be homeless but will have employment

So wish me luck everyone
edit on pm120143109America/ChicagoTue, 28 Jan 2014 21:06:09 -0600_1000000 by Another_Nut because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2014 @ 10:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Another_Nut

Awesome, good to hear. Hopefully, soon you'll have a place to live.

I think we agree on this last point. You are right, the reality is that under the current corporatocracy, being homeless is illegal.

It shouldn't be illegal, but that is the way the PTB want things. Can't have anyone escaping the reservation.

posted on Jan, 29 2014 @ 08:10 AM
link   
reply to post by poet1b

I am SOOOOO tired of hearing the retort from you and other Progressives about "Well, we put tax money into th emilitary and war" and blah blah blah.

Tax money is pissed away on way too many things. This welfare crap is just one of the many things that need to stop.

posted on Jan, 30 2014 @ 11:41 AM
link   
reply to post by macman

Back at ya,

I am tired of being labeled by right wing propagandists.

I am tired of being expected to support the global empire and the growing internal police state.

It seems that the pro-police state people such as yourself see every solution as more police, more courts, more laws, and more jails. You have one tool in your political tool box.

If providing chronically homeless people with a permanent 10x10 room in a flop house is less expensive than the current law enforcement approach, saves tax dollars, means less police, less courts, less jails, less government regulating how we exercise our liberty, I am all for it.

I don't understand why regressives such as yourself continuously support more government, and expect everyone else to pay for it.

posted on Jan, 30 2014 @ 11:49 AM
link   
reply to post by poet1b

Where oh where did you come up with me being pro-police state, and wanting more Govt?

Your basic understanding of anyone outside of the "Progressive" mindset is about as flawed as it gets.

posted on Jan, 30 2014 @ 02:54 PM
link   
reply to post by macman

Just calling them as I see em. See the logic in my explanation? At least I explained why.

Where do you come up with labeling me as a progressive?

Do you know the whole progressive term is just another propaganda label?

posted on Jan, 30 2014 @ 03:26 PM
link   
reply to post by poet1b

Let me ask again. Where do you pull the idea from that I am pro-police state and for bigger Govt???

What of and of my statements, be specific, suggests that?

I will patiently wait for this.

edit on 30-1-2014 by macman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2014 @ 04:08 PM
link   

macman
reply to post by poet1b

Where oh where did you come up with me being pro-police state, and wanting more Govt?

Your basic understanding of anyone outside of the "Progressive" mindset is about as flawed as it gets.

That seems the self contradiction of the "progressive." Unless you are for handouts, then you must be for persecution because, in their minds, not getting a handout IS persecution.

posted on Jan, 30 2014 @ 11:32 PM
link   
reply to post by macman

Because you are against an idea that would actually translate to smaller government, less government spending.

You are against a program that results in less police, less courts.

posted on Jan, 30 2014 @ 11:35 PM
link   
reply to post by NavyDoc

Whats persecution is not supplying opportunities.

posted on Jan, 30 2014 @ 11:38 PM
link   
reply to post by NavyDoc

The problem with people who use the label progressive, is not that they are against government handouts, or big government, they just disagree about who should be getting the handouts.

I am not buying the bull manure.

posted on Jan, 31 2014 @ 10:37 AM
link   
reply to post by poet1b

So......using tax dollars to give people houses is decreasing spending, and reducing the size of Govt???

I guess "Up" is "down" today?

Still waiting on my exact comment(s) where I called for more police.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join