It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dr. Jacques Vallee ~ The Control System

page: 72
<< 69  70  71    73  74  75 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 23 2014 @ 06:50 PM
link   

lostgirl

Our consciousness is highly affected by our belief systems, right? So maybe the consciousness 'part' that "ties in" to the Control System relates to 'belief'?

Maybe the 'System' sort of feeds on belief? So when a large enough number of people start to believe something, it starts manifesting phenomena in order to keep the belief growing and subsequently spread that belief to different areas of the world...

This would totally explain why the phenomena has changed from 'fairies to flying saucers'...and could also explain why the shape of ufos has changed to a predominantly triangular one...

Therein lies the dichotomy of personal interpretation. Here's how I addressed that aspect in the "Electromagnetism" thread:

...The scientists and various players we'll be discussing in this thread run the gamut of belief systems in regards the nature of these topics. For example, when discussing electromagnetism we will find some who wholeheartedly believe that EM fields can facilitate close encounters with non-human intelligences, and then there are those at the other end of the spectrum who believe that EM fields can only facilitate hallucinatory or illusionary experiences that mimic anomalous contact with non-human intelligences. And some who fall somewhere between those two extremes.

All three groups, however, apparently see the potentialities inherent in the study of EM. Believers, Agnostics, and Atheists if you will. Some of the personalities herein have intriguingly pointed out that even if the topics discussed don't turn out to be related to aliens or other non-human intelligences that they still have profound implications in our search to understand human consciousness.

You, the reader, will also probably fall somewhere on that spectrum. While I will present the case for 'alien' contact and 'their' influence on certain factions within the Intelligence/Military/Military-Industrial Complex apparatuses, I would also assert that the information presented doesn't discriminate as regards any of those positions.

What I mean by that is, for example, one doesn't have to believe that any of the various programs discussed actually did involve contact with alien intelligence, only that we recognize the apparent belief systems of those involved and how they--from those beliefs--have been personally molded and the professional work that has been influenced. On any given day I, too, can vacillate on any of those positions and still personally find these subjects compelling and pertinent to our world and future.

We might also keep in mind the theory that many of our greatest scientific advancements are the result of the visionary thinkers of Science Fiction and the discoveries of Science feeding off of each other in a synergistic cycle of creativity.

Jules Verne writes From the Earth to the Moon and the next thing you know we've built rockets that took us there. Capt. Kirk flips the top on a communicator and a couple of decades later we're on our cell phones facetiming or Skyping with a friend or business contact on the other side of the globe. Our "Alien" brothers and sisters and their wondrous gadgetry have, it seems, made an impact, too.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Vallee's theory is not new. What's maybe unique about it is that he applied it to one of our three greatest enigmas. It's also the area where the "peanut gallery" of scientists/military-industrial complex/social engineers weigh in and interpret--or prostitute it--for their own ends.

Having said that: I join the ranks of those that propose that the paradox of "consciousness"--that weightless, massless, non-materialistic phenomenon responsible for all of the grand achievements of society--tends to prove the "behind-the-scenes" metaphysical nature of humankind. Either that, or it's all in our head. You decide.

edit on 23-2-2014 by The GUT because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2014 @ 07:07 PM
link   

lostgirl

The GUT
I've mentioned it before, but one seemingly very important part of Vallee's theory that has went basically undiscussed is how he ties it to human consciousness just about every time he has spoken/written about it. How do we decipher that and put it into context? It suggests--as far as I can figure--some very Jungian-esque qualities.

I think I may actually have hit on something....

Our consciousness is highly affected by our belief systems, right? So maybe the consciousness 'part' that "ties in" to the Control System relates to 'belief'?

Maybe the 'System' sort of feeds on belief? So when a large enough number of people start to believe something, it starts manifesting phenomena in order to keep the belief growing and subsequently spread that belief to different areas of the world...

This would totally explain why the phenomena has changed from 'fairies to flying saucers'...and could also explain why the shape of ufos has changed to a predominantly triangular one...
edit on 23-2-2014 by lostgirl because: (no reason given)

Interesting idea. I have had similar relating to belief myself.

Does the universal control system, God, or the great spirit or that hologram of the soul have an interest in fostering any kind of belief for some reason or another?

One idea is that it does and it doesn’t matter necessarily what the belief is.

Take this alien UFO phenomenon. Whatever it is it has fostered a new fundamental belief system: do aliens exist here or not?

What does it take to have belief?
It takes energy.

Additionally, the polarity of belief/disbelief which comes from belief also initiates the dispersion of energy in the psychic realm in a part of consciousness.

There you go…then to believe fosters an energetic manifestation. It may be that that is all it wants to do.

Maybe energy tastes good to something somewhere.

What does belief do with energy?

It helps transforms energy form one state to another

The common denominator of this world.

edit on 23-2-2014 by Willtell because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2014 @ 07:38 PM
link   

Willtell
It takes energy.

Additionally, the polarity of belief/disbelief which comes from belief also initiates the dispersion of energy in the psychic realm in a part of consciousness.

There you go…then to believe fosters an energetic manifestation. It may be that that is all it wants to do.

Maybe energy tastes good to something somewhere.

What does belief do with energy?

It helps transforms energy form one state to another

The common denominator of this world.

That's basically "The Secret" 101---with, maybe, less "intent" on a conscious scale. That's why I said it's not a new idea. Where "belief"--traditionally--does come into play as "reality" is the old axiom that if a person "believes it"--whatever "it" is--then it's 'true' for them. KilgoreTrout touched on it earlier.

That's the main reason I think that Vallee's theory (while brilliant enough) is a lame duck that was, however, ripe for the social engineers. The phenomenon is much too wily to out-fox it, but well within the parameters of social engineering.

For example, what can you personally "believe" into existence that doesn't violate the accepted norm of physics?

posted on Feb, 23 2014 @ 07:58 PM
link   

1ofthe9
What if the phenomena changed 'shape' again - what are people seeing instead of flying saucers?

People are seeing geometric objects, sometimes stationary at ground level (but transient in time - now you see it, now you don't) and sometimes flying, and therefore classified as UFO.

A friend saw a large (30ft+), concrete gray, featureless, square structure in the woods that had no business being there, and in fact wasn't there a few minutes later.

posted on Feb, 23 2014 @ 08:00 PM
link   

Brotherman

1ofthe9
Brotherman - I'd be interested in seeing your stuff. I think you've reached similar conclusions to myself on this stuff.

What if the phenomena changed 'shape' again - what are people seeing instead of flying saucers?

So far the only thing that I have concluded in regards to UFO's at least is simply that what we are seeing is an elaborate fabrication (lie) of reality. Where it comes from, whats controlling it, why its doing what it does, are all very mysterious and spooky things that are unknown to me. This is the only certainty I hold and maintain and thus far have not seen anything to convince me otherwise.

It is a fabrication which does have measureable effects in our reality though, in terms of physical traces, medical effects, etc. Perhaps "projection" is more precise.

posted on Feb, 23 2014 @ 08:02 PM
link   
reply to post by lostgirl

I agree that there seems to be a strong feedback loop between belief and manifestation. We even see people supposedly able to demonstrate/manifest associated phenomena with the apparent cooperation of the phenomena itself ("UFO tours").

posted on Feb, 23 2014 @ 08:11 PM
link   

Autograf
reply to post by lostgirl

I agree that there seems to be a strong feedback loop between belief and manifestation. We even see people supposedly able to demonstrate/manifest associated phenomena with the apparent cooperation of the phenomena itself ("UFO tours").

Exactly!!
And I don't know about everyone else, but I have seen a lot of posts in forums where someone went out stargazing for a couple hours, thinking the whole time about how much they'd like to see a UFO, and then ended up scared out of their wits, because they actually saw one....

posted on Feb, 23 2014 @ 08:21 PM
link   

Autograf

Like Dr. Steven Greer's "UFO tours" you mean?
Maybe you have some evidence better than that?

I don't mean to evoke Greer, but I'm wondering who, or what, you would give credence to as regards "UFO tours?"

posted on Feb, 23 2014 @ 08:21 PM
link   

Willtell
It takes energy.

Oh I'm glad you posted that! It reminded me of the other factor in my 'theory'....It's not just 'belief', it's 'belief' plus 'emotion'!

And what strong emotion most often accompanies supernatural 'beliefs'?

Fear.
Belief and fear, sounds like tasty energy 'food' for a Control System 'entity' to me...

posted on Feb, 23 2014 @ 08:24 PM
link   
Just because Greer can't really pull it off, doesn't mean there aren't people who can....

I'm pretty sure there are a few genuine mediums among the 'table tappers'...Perhaps there's not an Ingo Swann for 'every' John Edwards in the world, but there are enough for documented verification to exist..

Maybe it's because 'shysters' aren't truly 'believers'?

posted on Feb, 23 2014 @ 08:24 PM
link   

lostgirl
Exactly!!

And I don't know about everyone else, but I have seen a lot of posts in forums where someone went out stargazing for a couple hours, thinking the whole time about how much they'd like to see a UFO, and then ended up scared out of their wits, because they actually saw one....

Therein the prostitutable/social engineering aspect of "belief?"

posted on Feb, 23 2014 @ 08:29 PM
link   

The GUT
Therein the prostitutable/social engineering aspect of "belief?"

No, I think "therein" a hungry control system entity spots an energy meal....

posted on Feb, 23 2014 @ 08:33 PM
link   

lostgirl

Just because Greer can't really pull it off, doesn't mean there aren't people who can....

Okay...produce one. I have spent time with a number of "mage" and modern American "shaman" and even some time with the Yoruba. My last girlfriend was a wiccan-syncretic that blew my mind...but she didn't produce anything "tangible." Just psychologically pertinent and anomalous oddities.

I don't have a problem with metaphysics, just its simplistic interpretation.

posted on Feb, 23 2014 @ 08:41 PM
link   
reply to post by The GUT

I don't know that a "Control System"/'paranormal entity' that goes around feeding off consciousness energy is really all that simplistic...

And you can't tell me there's not genuine documentation of people with psychic abilities - including (oh shoot! what's the word for people who can move things with their mind?) hidden in someone's government files somewhere...

Just found an amazing article on Chinese kids with psychic abilities:
chinese child psychics

edit on 23-2-2014 by lostgirl because: adding link

posted on Feb, 23 2014 @ 08:45 PM
link   

lostgirl
reply to post by The GUT

I don't know that a "Control System"/'paranormal entity' that goes around feeding off consciousness energy is really all that simplistic...

And you can't tell me there's not genuine documentation of people with psychic abilities - including (oh shoot! what's the word for people who can move things with their mind?) hidden in someone's government files somewhere...

Producing mental (quantum?) phenomena isn't the same as conjuring. I agree that mental phenomena has evidence. Conjuring not so much. Except as an extension of mental/psychological anomalies.

Like I said: I'm a believer in the metaphysical...but what does that constitute?

posted on Feb, 23 2014 @ 08:46 PM
link   
I think when we believe something (that aliens are here or Jesus is going to return) it increases psychic energy in the aggregate and within the individual. Something or someone can and does use that energy for something on an energetic subtle level.
This is beyond the ordinary consciousness of the average human, of course, to perceive.

As an analogy, it’s like if one goes bald on top and they still have hair on the side they can take hair from the side and put it on top to maintain hair( of course they may look like David Ferry) but it serves its purpose: energy is energy and hair is hair.

Higher beings, angels or jinn, or aliens of some level, may be using this “belief” energy for purposes unseen to us.

On a mundane psychological and political level a government, spy agency, or even the run of the mill con man can exploit that belief or faith.

edit on 23-2-2014 by Willtell because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2014 @ 08:52 PM
link   
reply to post by The GUT

Greer I'm not so sure about. Vallee in Confrontations makes a reference to someone else, in South America, who did a similar thing to Greer with the book tours and so forth. I'll dig up the reference.

If some degree of omniscience is ascribed to the phenomena, any time someone saw a recurring phenomena and brought a friend to see it, would qualify as such an occasion - if it manifests again, it doesn't mind the new visitor's presence.

Of course, many such repeatable phenomena have been shown to be other than UFO - Hessdalen lights for example. The Mekong river lights also come to mind - unexplained but apparently wholly natural and benign.

posted on Feb, 23 2014 @ 09:01 PM
link   
Well, you know, you can witness this happening within personal relationships between people also.

For example, those friends you know who love drama. Who do they keep company with? Other drama prone people. They build the drama up and feed off of one another. The relationship they build with one another is set up to reinforce and justify each others drama prone actions and reactions to the situation they created, and causes a feedback loop all of it's own.

Psychic vampirism. You also see psychic vampirism in these threads here on ATS when trolls set about to attack a poster for their beliefs or perceptions. They feed off of the negative energy of the victim, and find pleasure in causing the other person discomfort.

Would we say that the UFO phenomenon is a negative occurance within the system, that primarily causes negative emotions when it's encountered? Are any of them postive?

Also the term for someone who can move things with their mind is telekinesis.

Kinda an abstract statement above, I hope it's relevant. :/

CdT

posted on Feb, 23 2014 @ 09:04 PM
link   
reply to post by The GUT

Metaphysical has come to mean something spooky or Paranormal but it is like radio waves to us now. In the past we would think that what we view today as normal would be metaphysical.

I think belief in metaphysical means belief in what is physically unseen to us presently.

This gets to the ignorance of science in that they don’t even realize that their science is confirmation of spiritual theory!
As the ignorant believers don't realize that their religion confirms science!

For example: the first pillar of Islam is NOT belief in God
It is belief in the UNSEEN!

posted on Feb, 23 2014 @ 09:04 PM
link   

Autograf
...Of course, many such repeatable phenomena have been shown to be other than UFO - Hessdalen lights for example. The Mekong river lights also come to mind - unexplained but apparently wholly natural and benign.

If I ever get it finished, I have a "plasma" thread that shows the extent of my own metaphysical conjecturing, so don't get me wrong. I also hold a place that it's physical phenomena of a more terrestrial origin. Regardless, some very cool Hessdalen footage. Definitely not hallucination:

My personal explorations have failed to turn up "conjuring" that's all. That's not to say they've been anomaly free. Crowley's definition of "magic" seems very inline with my own journeys:

Magick, in the context of Aleister Crowley's Thelema, is a term used to differentiate the occult from stage magic and is defined as "the Science and Art of causing Change to occur in conformity with Will", including both "mundane" acts of will as well as ritual magic. Crowley wrote that "it is theoretically possible to cause in any object any change of which that object is capable by nature".

en.wikipedia.org...(Thelema)

top topics

<< 69  70  71    73  74  75 >>

join