It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dr. Jacques Vallee ~ The Control System

page: 62
<< 59  60  61    63  64  65 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 11 2014 @ 08:24 PM
link   
Here's another question about Mr. Secrecy Bigelow: He's admittedly building inflatable space platforms. NASA hasn't been too busy with exploration notwithstanding some recent talk about "one-way" Mars missions.

I would bet that Bigelow is doing MUCH more than building "space hotels" for rich tourists...just a guess.

posted on Feb, 11 2014 @ 08:51 PM
link   
By shifting projects to the 'private' sector, public outcry over wasted tax dollars, not to mention suspicion of anything 'Government', they avoid a lot of scrutiny, provide 'jobs' by funding private companies, keep their hands clean....a giant smokescreen between JQ Public and the source?

posted on Feb, 11 2014 @ 11:14 PM
link   

The GUT
Here's another question about Mr. Secrecy Bigelow: He's admittedly building inflatable space platforms. NASA hasn't been too busy with exploration notwithstanding some recent talk about "one-way" Mars missions.

I would bet that Bigelow is doing MUCH more than building "space hotels" for rich tourists...just a guess.

Look up the history of Transhab. I've seen lunar stuff as a CGI mock up. Dude has his fingers in many pies.

In terms of space weapons, I'm not sure what Bigelow could be a part of. Possibly a continence of his interest in space mining, dumping asteroid slag on someones head from orbit. Otherwise it could be something psychotronic. What happens if you put a shaman in orbit? :p

posted on Feb, 12 2014 @ 04:07 PM
link   
Well, I couldn't find anything new on Bigelow and his 'spooky' interests...but I'm linking two very interesting articles on Bigelow's current space travel ambitions...

First, from April 2013, is actually an article about an interview Bigelow did with...duhn duhn duuhhnnnnn - George Knapp on Coast to Coast radio...

what's Robert Bigelow up to now

Then, in Nov. 2013, we find out that Bigelow is not only ambitious regarding space travel, he also wants very much to own a piece of the moon!

Bigelow wants property rights on the moon

Sorry all, I've tried everything I can think of and still can't get the second link to work...but it is an article on 'Openminds tv' from November 13, 2013, and the title is the same as the 'title' I gave the link...

edit on 12-2-2014 by lostgirl because: fixing link

edit on 12-2-2014 by lostgirl because: (no reason given)

edit on 12-2-2014 by lostgirl because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2014 @ 04:09 PM
link   
reply to post by lostgirl

He will never own property on the moon because world governments would never be able to figure out who this man would pay property taxes to.

posted on Feb, 12 2014 @ 04:21 PM
link   

Brotherman

He will never own property on the moon because world governments would never be able to figure out who this man would pay property taxes to.

I'll bet he's got lawyers sharp enough to use that as legal reasoning for paying no property taxes at all...

posted on Feb, 12 2014 @ 05:15 PM
link   

lostgirl

Brotherman

I'll bet he's got lawyers sharp enough to use that as legal reasoning for paying no property taxes at all...

Ayup.

I propose that folks should also investigate any links between our birds of a feather and Stephen Wolfram. The dudes work is right up their alley in terms of thinking.

Wolfram on SETI.

posted on Feb, 12 2014 @ 07:34 PM
link   
I personally don’t get much of a sinister feeling from Bigelow, maybe that's because I drink his tea.
What's in the tea?

I saw him talk on Jesse's show and he seemed like an open low key guy and what I’ve read he gives me the impression of a guy who was like a friend of mine who is now a big Hollywood director. When we were kids we went to Mars in his bedroom. This guy was a real junior Captain Spock who was enamored of space stuff…that may be Bigelow’s thing.

On the other hand his low key appearance may be a smoke screen.
Aliens and intelligence agencies don’t like loud mouths.

posted on Feb, 12 2014 @ 08:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Willtell

All that from a Jesse Ventura episode? That's not tea you're drinking it's Kool-Aid (Flavor-Aid.)

Howard Hughes made movies, too, btw. Didn't make him any less a businessman immune from the historical hooks--or the financial privileges--of the intelligence apparatus.

I know that you prefer to believe that the "Aliens" are here to save us from nuclear annihilation, but I prefer to let history and facts be my guide. Your view is about as "Star Trek" as it gets, btw.

It's pretty easy to give opinions devoid of research, but much harder to answer and source the info & questions posed in this thread.

Do I have the ultimate answer? No. Do I have some research to add?. Yes. Please show yours and elaborate or admit that you're biased. One or the other, okay?

I have the feeling that we are gonna hear more of your "feelings." I'd be happy to be wrong and will be the first to admit otherwise. Not so sure you could do the same. Don't mean I don't love ya' though 'cause I do.

www.carpenoctem.tv...

usatoday30.usatoday.com...

www.maebrussell.com...

en.wikipedia.org...

www.cia.gov...

posted on Feb, 12 2014 @ 08:54 PM
link   
Oooh GUT. I have some interesting news. I'm taking a course on French history over the 20th century - partially inspired by reading Vallee - and I might just be able to weasel some info out. Do you have a list of the French guys Vallee was hanging out with/reading in Forbidden Science II? I think there were two with a 'B' surname.

I could ask my prof about these guys and see if I can find any English source for their material.
I amused him when I brought up Synarchism in class discussion about the pre-war fascist movement in France, so I might be able to get some leads on this matter too.

A really good book is Martin A Lee's The Beast Reawakens. Its about the post-war fascist scene, and how the ideology has survived to the present day. Quite a bit of interesting information can be found inside it, and someone with a better memory for names might be able to chase some interesting angles as a result of reading it.

posted on Feb, 13 2014 @ 12:38 AM
link   
Woah. I'm reading Streiber's Tranceformation for lulz, and this is WAY more Vallee influenced then I thought. Like holy # Streiber's talking about Sufi Occasionalism from the first few pages (apparently from the mouth of a five year old no less) - I'd never seen it before I read Forbidden Science II. Also Passport to Magonia, and allusions to Celtic ancestry playing a role in the 'visitor' thing.

Could Vallee have been running Streiber?

posted on Feb, 13 2014 @ 12:59 AM
link   
I've kinda been holding off posting more of this until the rumored new thread pops up, but everyone keeps leaving stuff here and I've got itchy keyboard fingers, so...

To get a clue as to what Mr. Spaceman has been up to and where he wants to go, one could look and see what he's putting his name to:

Regolith container for use with a structure on an extraterrestrial mass

A regolith container for use with regolith on an extraterrestrial mass is disclosed. The filled container covers a portion of a spacecraft to provide the spacecraft with a measure of protection against space debris and radiation. The container can be compartmentalized to reduce the loss of regolith should from the container if a single compartment is penetrated.

Method for assemblying and landing a habitable structure on an extraterrestrial body

A method for assembling and landing a habitable module on an extraterrestrial mass is claimed. At least one inflatable module and a second module are placed into orbit about an extraterrestrial mass. Connecting nodes, propulsion busses, and landing pads are also placed into orbit. A habitable structure is constructed from the modules, busses, pads, and nodes. The structure can be robotically constructed. The habitable structure is then landed onto the surface of the extraterrestrial mass. The landing can be remotely controlled and the modules can be non-occupied.

Spacecraft magnetic shield

A spacecraft magnetic shield apparatus is disclosed. One embodiment has an armature attached at one end of a spacecraft and an electromagnet attached to the other end. A computer determines the position of the armature and electromagnet in relation to the spacecraft, and a power source powers the electromagnet. In operation, the positioning of the electromagnet is generally in line with incoming charged particles or ion radiation and powering of the electromagnet creates a magnetic field that deflects a percentage of the incoming charged particles or ion radiation from directly impacting the spacecraft.

Ok, all well and good, you would think that an aerospace company would seek patents such as referenced above. I find the follwoing paper a bit more interesting, not as it comes from Bigelow himself, but one of his people is a co-authoer:

Astrosociological Concepts in the Study of Deviance, Law, and Social Control in Space Ecosystems

Abstract:
Human migration into outer space will most likely involve the transplantation of cultural and institutional elements familiar to the participants that they left behind on Earth. To the extent that they plan to regulate social life in a similar manner, the settlement of a space environment must involve planning and construction of social institutions that provide the backbone of social life in a space ecology. One area often neglected, yet vital to maintaining a sustainable and livable space ecosystem, involves the criminal justice system, law, and social control mechanisms necessary to respond to behavior considered deviant. Deviance exists in every society on Earth, and therefore we should expect it to exist in every space ecosystem as well. With proper attention and planning, an effective criminal justice apparatus could be constructed for a particular space society. Without it, a lack of cooperation and disharmony, and perhaps the downfall of the social order, will occur without the necessary set of social institutions to cope with it. This research will analyze analogous terrestrial case studies that focus on responses to deviance by institutional bodies in order to demonstrate potential scenarios that could arise in space ecosystems.

Keywords: criminal justice, ecosystem, outer space, deviance, social control
all emphases are mine

What if those engaging in a new society would rather have new social constructs rather than transplanting older, failed ones?

I would also say that those whom are to be affected and living under said constructs have a say in their organization and implementation along with their structures. These same people should also be the ones to decide what is considered deviance and be able to utilize context and understanding to see that there is no one size fits all way to legislate.

That phrase "for a particular space society" seems to imply that there could be a varying degree and numerous types of space societies in the near future. Which, if there are different countries working alone, then that is what we will end up with; an extended version of the crap going on here.

Anyway, there's a few bones for y'all to chew on...

posted on Feb, 13 2014 @ 11:03 AM
link   
reply to post by The GUT

Gut I’m surprised at you.

I am not interested in a dogmatic rumble over this kind of research.

I am giving my impressions, sort to speak.

I didn’t only see the Ventura show I have read on Bigelow a lot.

What you should do is come out with what ever you suspect this guy of doing, otherwise then all you have is impressions as well, since we have not seen him behind the wizards curtain then all these suspicions don’t add up too much but impressions.

Nothing wrong with that but the proof is still behind the wizards curtain and until you uncover that...

posted on Feb, 13 2014 @ 01:02 PM
link   

jadedANDcynical
Astrosociological Concepts in the Study of Deviance, Law, and Social Control in Space Ecosystems

Abstract:
Human migration into outer space will most likely involve the transplantation of cultural and institutional elements familiar to the participants that they left behind on Earth. To the extent that they plan to regulate social life in a similar manner, the settlement of a space environment must involve planning and construction of social institutions that provide the backbone of social life in a space ecology. One area often neglected, yet vital to maintaining a sustainable and livable space ecosystem, involves the criminal justice system, law, and social control mechanisms necessary to respond to behavior considered deviant. Deviance exists in every society on Earth, and therefore we should expect it to exist in every space ecosystem as well. With proper attention and planning, an effective criminal justice apparatus could be constructed for a particular space society. Without it, a lack of cooperation and disharmony, and perhaps the downfall of the social order, will occur without the necessary set of social institutions to cope with it. This research will analyze analogous terrestrial case studies that focus on responses to deviance by institutional bodies in order to demonstrate potential scenarios that could arise in space ecosystems.

Keywords: criminal justice, ecosystem, outer space, deviance, social control

Just When You Thought It Was Safe to Travel the Stars: Space Deviants!

So, okay, it does appear that Bigelow is seriously looking at some longterm habitats in space. Some of it with a commercial thrust. Las Vegas in the Sky. Or would that be: Las in Space! A little gambling, maybe some space hoochies and a zero-gravity room. I mean seeing as how it would be in "international waters" so to speak.

Playing a game of chance in space
US 20070108700 A1

ABSTRACT

A method of playing a game of chance in space is claimed. A container houses a plurality of uniquely identifiable game pieces and the preferred embodiment utilizes balls. The balls are moved in a random fashion. Periodically a ball is removed and the value on the ball is identified. The value is transmitted from the space structure. The value is also displayed on a display and the image of the display is transmitted from the space structure.

[url=http://www.google.com/patents/US20070108700?dq=ininventor:%22Robert+T.+Bigelow%22&hl=en&sa=X&ei=FQ79UqLgLY7SkQfhjIHwAQ&ved=0CDkQ6AEwATgU]link[/ur l]

Speaking of Space Deviants reminds me of David Lee Roth. And Bigelow does rhyme with:

Not to mention some space mining--it appears--also reminiscent of prospectors in the old west. Space Cowboys. Yee-Hah! In honor of cowboys and cowgirls and Valentines' Day:

Will: Okay, I can admit defeat if need be and I may have to. If need be.

edit on 13-2-2014 by The GUT because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 13 2014 @ 01:08 PM
link   
Yep, I can't wait to vacation in space, my bones and muscles aren't deteriorating quickly enough for me here on Earth...

Sir, Robert Fitts et al have just published a space-breaking paper which showed that after six months on the International Space Station astronauts develop profound weakness of the legs with a 40 percent loss of skeletal muscles. The studies were obtained from the leg muscles with evaluations of the structure and function of slow and fast fibers of nine subjects. The paper stresses the point that the deterioration of the skeletal muscles in these astronauts is comparable to an accelerated aging process of the muscles — equivalent to that of an 80-year-old.

This should not be surprising since there is a loss of skeletal muscles, shown in experimental animals and humans, within just a couple of weeks in microgravity. In this environment the circulation is significantly impaired, with evidence in experimental animals of injuries to the lining of the blood vessels (the endothelium).

In humans the endothelium weighs about 2 kg and would cover an area equivalent to about seven tennis courts. It is vulnerable to injuries because of reduced magnesium stored in skeletal muscles, soft tissues and bone with about 60 percent stored in the latter.

With invariable elevations of adrenaline in space, and in turn magnesium ion reductions, there are persistent vicious cycles which can ultimately damage the endothelium.

Accelerated Aging in Orbit

Bigelow and crew have to be aware of that, right?

Bioastronautics

edit on 13-2-2014 by Bybyots because: . : .

posted on Feb, 13 2014 @ 01:09 PM
link   
Hey GUT
Where does Mr BIGelow fit into the puzzle in your idea

Is he running an alien agenda?

Is he a cover for the Gov?

Just the pioneer is space privatization

…just a grown up space kid?

posted on Feb, 13 2014 @ 03:28 PM
link   

Willtell
Hey GUT
Where does Mr BIGelow fit into the puzzle in your idea

Is he running an alien agenda?

Is he a cover for the Gov?

Just the pioneer is space privatization

…just a grown up space kid?

Maybe all of thee above? He's surrounded by folk connected to the intelligence field and the military-industrial complex, so I can't not think that there's more to his work than meets the eye and is publicly acknowledged.

The hope has been that there is enough information floating around to formulate some strong contenders, but I am beginning to suspect that there aren't too many clues publicly extant.

If Ventura's assertion that Bigelow has some kind of "pass" on space weapons were confirmed, then his relationship with Colonel "Non-Lethal" would start to command some serious questions, but so far I can't find where Conspiracy Theory came by that info. Maybe they made it up.

posted on Feb, 13 2014 @ 03:43 PM
link   

1ofthe9
What happens if you put a shaman in orbit? :p

I LOVE that question and have been trying to come up with a funny answer for two days and can't, danngit!!

posted on Feb, 13 2014 @ 04:36 PM
link   
It was mentioned earlier that Vallee--when writing at length about saucer cults--gave Scientology a "pass" of sorts. In rereading Revelations: Alien Contact and Human Deception, I also notice that he wears kid gloves with Whitley Streiber for some reason.

He's shooting folk down left and right (Lear, Moore, Doty, Bill Cooper, etc.) and especially talks about the meme-like quality of the "Grey," and yet lets Streiber slide. Of course they are friends and Whitley does have a mystical background (Gurdjieff.) Maybe that's it?

Aliens, Predictions & the Secret School: Decoding the Work of Whitley Strieber

Strieber came up with the term ‘visitor’ to replace ‘alien’ because he does not necessarily believe that aliens, in the true sense of the word, are behind the close encounter phenomenon, preferring instead to leave the question of their origin open until further evidence comes to light. Plus, he considers the word ‘alien’ to have a negative connotation. The word ‘visitor’, on the other hand, could not be more neutral, and was chosen for this very reason.

posted on Feb, 13 2014 @ 04:59 PM
link   

The GUTy GUT
If Ventura's assertion that Bigelow has some kind of "pass" on space weapons were confirmed, then his relationship with Colonel "Non-Lethal" would start to command some serious questions, but so far I can't find where Conspiracy Theory came by that info. Maybe they made it up.

If we're talking psycho-tronic weapons would he necessarily even need a "pass"?

I mean, no one even really believes they exist (with the exception of people like us), so have there even been any laws passed against their use? Do they even have an 'official' classification as weapons of war?

new topics

top topics

<< 59  60  61    63  64  65 >>

join