It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dr. Jacques Vallee ~ The Control System

page: 25
<< 22  23  24    26  27  28 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 28 2014 @ 09:59 PM
link   
reply to post by The GUT

Yeah...what went wrong he started messing around with energy.Old Rocky didn't care for that.www.redicecreations.com...

He ended up an old man who fell down the stairs...or pushed...
edit on 28-1-2014 by Willtell because: (no reason given)

edit on 28-1-2014 by Willtell because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2014 @ 10:32 PM
link   
Has anyone had an encounter with 'high strangeness', such as an
'alien encounter' or a 'ufo encounter', some sort of parapsychological
incident or anything of the like, which might be classified as an example
of the Trickster phenomenon / control system?

If so, can you think back about any clues or observations which might
throw more factors into the mix for group questions and analysis?

KPB

posted on Jan, 28 2014 @ 10:46 PM
link   

KellyPrettyBear

Has anyone had an encounter with 'high strangeness', such as an
'alien encounter' or a 'ufo encounter', some sort of parapsychological
incident or anything of the like, which might be classified as an example
of the Trickster phenomenon / control system?

If so, can you think back about any clues or observations which might
throw more factors into the mix for group questions and analysis?

KPB

Well, does it count I was just thinking about posting this very question?

posted on Jan, 28 2014 @ 10:52 PM
link   
reply to post by 1ofthe9

Well, does it count I was just thinking about posting this very question?

What a stinker.. I was thinking about the 9 a little while ago.. and that
brought back our previous conversation to me.. so I was thinking about
you.. but I won't claim that had anything to do with you thinking about
posting the same question as me --- and that's an example I guess, but
a weak and unverifiable one!

LOL

posted on Jan, 28 2014 @ 11:02 PM
link   
Well...I was outside once.

For whatever reason, I see just a bunch of seagulls that usually fly in a certain area from time to time. However, one kinda stood out different for a second, then bam. It turned, looked like a a big weather balloon, fluttered for a few seconds to the left, and disappeared behind a building.

And thats it.

posted on Jan, 28 2014 @ 11:03 PM
link   

Specimen
Well...I was outside once.

For whatever reason, I see just a bunch of seagulls that usually fly in a certain area from time to time. However, one kinda stood out different for a second, then bam. It turned, looked like a a big weather balloon, fluttered for a few seconds to the left, and disappeared behind a building.

And thats it.

That's pretty weird. Leaf fluttering movement has been reported in a large number of UFO cases. This also falls into the 'morphing/shapeshifting' category which must certainly be some of the highest strangeness we are privy to.

posted on Jan, 28 2014 @ 11:08 PM
link   
Man, good grief there is way, way too much ego in this field.

It is getting to the point that I can barely take this nonsense seriously anymore.

I say that as an experiencer who is interested in discovering the SCIENCE in this phenomena. I am not interested in waxing about who knows what on a particular subject, or whether so and so believes that a certain philosophy is contradictory or worthless.

I want tangible, predictable hypotheses and believe that this very thread's OP supplies us the means to test these ideas to achieve TANGIBLE RESULTS.

Jesus. 20 some odd pages of name dropping, information gathering gets is NO CLOSER to an actual result, despite what you may think you know.

Literally ALL OF THE ANSWERS are provided by Vallee! A responsible scientist will use this info to form a predictable model, not argue over what constitutes the makeup of a effin shaman

Beware the wolf in sheep's clothing.
It is almost like someone drops clues and then steers the convo in a particular direction

posted on Jan, 28 2014 @ 11:15 PM
link   
reply to post by JayinAR

Nobody trusts Vallee.

(Apparently (

Go back home, do not collect $200.

posted on Jan, 28 2014 @ 11:16 PM
link   
reply to post by KellyPrettyBear

I'm not talking about Vallee. I am talking about fellow "UFOlogists" on ATS.

posted on Jan, 28 2014 @ 11:20 PM
link   
reply to post by JayinAR

There's not sufficient data uncovered in this thread to accomplish anything besides state the general parameters of the problem and a tentative weak consensus.

posted on Jan, 28 2014 @ 11:23 PM
link   

Exactly
We have a hypothesis!
Let's START THERE, shall we?

posted on Jan, 28 2014 @ 11:24 PM
link   
I still want to know which parameters the control system has set/is controlling.

posted on Jan, 28 2014 @ 11:28 PM
link   
I had this experience once that I was reminded of when I saw that thread with the "weather balloon" bursting near the "chemtraiI". I want to share it because there was a moment involved where a sort of cone-of-liminality descended upon the occurrence. As you all know because I've been bringing it up a lot I have a lot experience with TLS so I feel and think that I can recognize when things 'get weird' (and liminal).

I'm standing in a backyard with a friend early one morning, it's just he and I. There is a huge amount of persistent contrails in the sky, I mean huge, and low a lot of them. Not a surprise because we are in this corridor that the planes use to come and go from the nearby city.

At the time I had no idea what the trails were all about and I was deeply fascinated by them. My buddy was facing east and I thought there was a good view from the west. I went up and put my hand on his shoulder, turning him around saying, "So what do you think this could be?", in my 'conspiracy' tone of voice.

We are both turning and I am directing our gaze up to the sky. This huge jet is going over very low and it looks wild because at that particular temperature on that particular day it really looked like this huge ship plying the swirling clouds and we both freeze. Personally? I feel my throat go dry and realize my mouth is hanging open.

The clouds sort of part but immediately I can see that they have moved because the force of this absolutely gigantor opaque white sphere is pushing them out of the way. I mean it was simply massive, twice as big or bigger around than the jet and it sort of rolls through a gap in all the precipitation.

I realize as I stare that my buddy has walked out from my arm that had been around his shoulder and he has walked off to the left, way off to the left, like as far as he can go without crushing the plants, and that's when I get that feeling that some cone-of-weirdness has descended.

I looked back up and it had vanished when I had last looked and it was really gone now so I looked over and then looked back up and asked, "We saw that, right?". He's standing slack shouldered looking down near the fence and says, "Yeah, I guess so".

The cone lifted and that was that. I brought it up more than a decade later and he doesn't remember it happening at all.

That's me story buck-os.

edit on 28-1-2014 by Bybyots because: . : .

posted on Jan, 28 2014 @ 11:28 PM
link   
reply to post by JayinAR

I could write 50 pages of useful thought but I'm one of the parties you are frustrated with so I won't. Besides the basics of my theory are already presented. Im looking for new clues like we all are.

posted on Jan, 28 2014 @ 11:31 PM
link   

"I will be quite Frank with you", ...

I am not frustrated with you.

posted on Jan, 28 2014 @ 11:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Autograf

It was like a dot at first, bird, then bigger bird, then turned (Not transform) in to a balloon. The funny thing that I remember was when it looked like a bird, I could see what looked like a black beak, inside a smooth top surface. Other then that, the bottom was pure white. White as a ghost.
edit on 28-1-2014 by Specimen because: (no reason given)

edit on 29-1-2014 by Specimen because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2014 @ 11:38 PM
link   

Me too.

but let's float this partial answer past for duscussion.

I propose that the core mystery deals with some entity or simulation feeding back into human desire to understand what 'they' are and what 'their' relationship is with the 'other' that they are not. For example it's like man wants to find god and god wants to find man. It seems neither is comfortable existing without the other and is enticed by the other but does not want to stop playing games with the other and actually discover the truth. Both 'parties' seem to be in denial and despite what they say they wish the status quo maintained.

This is an anthropomorphic metaphor but as sentience is involved that should be acceptable.

posted on Jan, 28 2014 @ 11:40 PM
link   

JayinAR
Man, good grief there is way, way too much ego in this field.

It is getting to the point that I can barely take this nonsense seriously anymore.

I say that as an experiencer who is interested in discovering the SCIENCE in this phenomena. I am not interested in waxing about who knows what on a particular subject, or whether so and so believes that a certain philosophy is contradictory or worthless.

I want tangible, predictable hypotheses and believe that this very thread's OP supplies us the means to test these ideas to achieve TANGIBLE RESULTS.

Jesus. 20 some odd pages of name dropping, information gathering gets is NO CLOSER to an actual result, despite what you may think you know.

Literally ALL OF THE ANSWERS are provided by Vallee! A responsible scientist will use this info to form a predictable model, not argue over what constitutes the makeup of a effin shaman

Beware the wolf in sheep's clothing.
It is almost like someone drops clues and then steers the convo in a particular direction

So how do we poke the control system?

posted on Jan, 28 2014 @ 11:41 PM
link   

KellyPrettyBear

Me too.

but let's float this partial answer past for duscussion.

I propose that the core mystery deals with some entity or simulation feeding back into human desire to understand what 'they' are and what 'their' relationship is with the 'other' that they are not. For example it's like man wants to find god and god wants to find man. It seems neither is comfortable existing without the other and is enticed by the other but does not want to stop playing games with the other and actually discover the truth. Both 'parties' seem to be in denial and despite what they say they wish the status quo maintained.

This is an anthropomorphic metaphor but as sentience is involved that should be acceptable.

And I propose that this phenomena MAY have a much more mundane explanation.

We may be seeing the result of nuclear exchange in and around Earth at the subatomic level manifesting as a boogey-man. Wholly explained through QM.

Agreed?

posted on Jan, 28 2014 @ 11:42 PM
link   
reply to post by 1ofthe9

I have proposed an experiment at least once in this very thread.

new topics

top topics

<< 22  23  24    26  27  28 >>

join