It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Growing up with paranormal experiences/coming to terms with it...

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+4 more 
posted on Jan, 23 2014 @ 06:48 PM
link   
Ok... all you flamers. Get your typing fingers ready. I must warn you I know what I've seen and I know what I've experienced and my skin has gotten thick over the years.

My experiences started when I was extremely young. I remember seeing shadow figures in my bedroom and being very scared. My parents lost many nights sleep. As this continued I realized that they were not going to hurt me. My brother, who shared a room, even seen them a few times. As I got older I began seeing them more and more. I was on the U.S.S. Constellation at the inner harbor in Baltimore, MD, my cousin and I, being kids, went off exploring on our own. We went down a set of stairs that had a rope across them. We got to where the bowels of the ship was and there were wooden barrels stacked there. There was a man in uniform that you could see through. My cousin also seen this man. The man just raised his arm and pointed as if to tell us that we didn't belong there. My male cousin screamed like a girl. He ran up the steps in front of me hysterical. I didn't even feel afraid. He preceded to tell my mom and aunt what we had seen. One of the people that worked there came over and tried to calm him down. They said there was no man down there and walked us down to see. When we got there not only was the man not there but neither were the barrels.

I remember as a teenager seeing many ghosts and feeling embarrassed and ashamed to let anyone know since I thought they would think I was crazy, and for good reason. When I would tell my mom what I would see it landed me in therapy for 2 years (10-11 years old). I was put through multiple tests (even a lie detector test). I was very open and honest with my therapist. I knew what I was seeing was real. 2 years into therapy my therapist took a week off and cancelled both my appointments. The following week when I went back to see her through thee entire session I could feel the presence of a woman there. I couldn't see her... I just felt her there. I could feel her emotions. She wanted my therapist to know that she appreciated the days that were spent with her and that this woman knew she was there. If you would have seen the color drain from my therapists face when I told her, it was priceless.

The next week when I went to therapy she had called and said she wanted both my parents to be there. She said I had passed all of my tests, including the lie detector test, and there was no way I could have known that she had taken the prior week off to spend with her mom who had passed away that week and the therapist doubted that her mom even knew she was there. She was not going to tell them that I was seeing or talking to ghosts but she also said she would not say that I wasn't seeing them but she felt that I did not need to be in therapy.

This created a lot of doubt in me as far as who I could trust with what I was experiencing. I could see the disbelief on my parents face so I stopped telling people about things I would see even though I continued to see them more frequently. I believe this is because I felt validated.

I would say the next big thing that stands out the most is when I gave birth to my daughter. My husband was in the military and was out of the country. I went to stay with my grandmother for a few days after she was born. I awoke in the middle of the night because the room felt very cold even though it was the beginning of August. There was a woman standing beside the bassinette looking down at my daughter. She had the most beautiful smile I had ever seen. She looked over at me and then faded away. The next morning I told my grandmother about what had happened. I described the woman to my grandmother including what she was wearing and the colors. My grandmother began to cry. She went upstairs and grabbed a box that had pictures in it. They were black and white photos. She showed me a picture of the woman I had seen and told me it was her sister who had died during childbirth. She was unmarried so it was not a story that had ever been told. She said she knew it was her when I described the dress she was wearing.

I still see things and they do contact me. Just recently my boyfriends father was really trying to set things right his son. That didn't go so well. My boyfriend is not a believer. Him and I have bought a house together in the past few months. Even he has felt things in this house. His arguments have become less strong. He even felt the need to stand in the doorway and talk to the house when no-one was here but him. I have seen orbs, felt presence and even a strong compulsion to clean with Pine-Sol. After using the Pine-Sol thing did calm down.

I could continue to write forever with things I have seen and felt but lets see how you guys handle this.

Thank you for taking the time to read. I hope this helps someone.

posted on Jan, 23 2014 @ 07:14 PM
link   
Dunno about the Pine-Sol and what good that would do
but I believe you. I've had some experiences myself including past life recurrent dreams as a young child, several times when a voice inside my head (a male voice and I'm female) told me not to do something that, given I listened, saved my life or one of my kid's lives within the next few seconds, a fascinating full blown vision at Gettysburg of the battle, and lastly a visit from my father right after he had died at the hospital 20 miles away.

I believe you and it's a gift, even though we don't understand them yet. You're just ahead of the evolutionary curve on this one; I feel it's a matter of vibrational status; in the same way that a radio won't work unless it's tuned into the right station, and unless someone on the 'other side' is broadcasting, I don't think psi works unless both sides are on the same channel.

Enjoy it and if you can, try to help people with it (loved the story about the therapist, boy did you give her something to think about, it was probably the highlight of her professional life) and if you can, heck, make some money off it.

Every town has mediums and they can charge a good rate for their time and the heck with the naysayers. They don't know everything about the possibilities of the human mind and spirit, and mores the pity.

PS: I clicked on ATS just now for a reason, and that was because I felt there was a post waiting for me; yours. It's just this weird feeling you get, y'know?

posted on Jan, 23 2014 @ 07:23 PM
link   
You've had some very interesting experiences!
I especially liked what you told about the therapist.

It seems some people have an ability to see another dimension of the world we live in. Maybe someday science will find out how this is possible.

Thanks for sharing; S&F

posted on Jan, 23 2014 @ 07:24 PM
link   
reply to post by signalfire

Thank you very much . I do try to help people when I can. Not really wanting to make money at it. But I really felt compelled to write it I just joined this site today . Like you said just one of those feeling s . So many experience I could have written for days. Again Thank you for reading and the response.

PS: yes the therapist Im sure will never forget. I even think I helped her LOL

posted on Jan, 23 2014 @ 07:27 PM
link   
There are certain scenarios, phenomena, that simply defy explanation.

When I was about fourteen, I became friends with a slightly older kid...who's entire family was "into" witchcraft. Now, I'm not talking "woo-woo" Wicca crap, I'm talking honest to goodness, make things just HAPPEN witchcraft.

They referred to themselves as being "Grey" witches.

All I can say is, I saw things that I have never been able to understand. I am not naive enough to believe that they were absolutely true phenomena experiences, but, again, to this day, I cannot simply explain them away.

I am a highly intelligent individual. I walk in the very REAL world of logic and computer programming.

Even at the time, I did EVERYTHING I could to debunk what I saw. To find a rational explanation. Never once could I explain what I was seeing and feeling.

And I have never met anyone since who could even BEGIN to perform the kinds of acts these people did.

posted on Jan, 23 2014 @ 07:27 PM
link   
reply to post by nugget1

Thank you for reading! Glad to share

posted on Jan, 23 2014 @ 07:48 PM
link   
I too have had many experiences, I'm please you are sharing all this, your not alone in these matters. You will find it runs in the family. I wonder whether it is genetic make up that is the reason why some people experience these things and others don't? They are just a wider awareness of our existence here and reality.

posted on Jan, 23 2014 @ 07:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Frankinpillow

Im not sure it runs in the family LOL It scared the hell out of parent s . But I will say they have become believers.

posted on Jan, 23 2014 @ 07:55 PM
link   
I've had a few similar experiences. Each experience managed to burn it's way into memory, the funny thing was that these so called experiences turned me away from religion.

I remember those shadowy things that lurked in the dark when I was young, how they would stand there from night to dawn, so to fix the problems of me not sleeping my parent's got me a nightlight. That thing still watched me though and I couldn't scream or talk about it because I was mute when I was younger. It never seemed evil to me because I knew that at any time it could've attacked anytime it wanted and I wouldn't be able to scream. It followed me when I moved and still does to this day although it's very quiet never causing trouble I don't really mind it. It likes to whisper though and when people ask I just say it's the wind. I think only a few people ever saw it a few times including my little brother.

There were more encounters than this but I don't really like talking about things that should stay dead and buried.

posted on Jan, 23 2014 @ 07:59 PM
link   
firstly,
ones personal experiences are nothing to be flamed for if presented as honest fact. who is any one to judge the experience of another?

secondly,
you're not alone in these experiences. while i won't divulge her personal life stories, i can say that my girlfriend also grew up with these kinds of sightings and happenings. shadow people, ghosts, visions and feelings etc.. and like you she was, to say the least, ignored or worse by her family because of it, and so stopped relaying these experiences to the point of becoming numb to them.

through discussion we have theorized that having these experiences could be in direct correlation to your connection with Spirit at time of birth. A remnant of your past lives spiritual progressions.

by spirit, of course i mean the etheric conscious stream of life/after-life, or possibly "limbo" in the case of your grandmothers sister and other ghosts.. if she passed in childbirth and did not have a chance to even see her child, then is it possible that you helped her to achieve her missing purpose and assisted her being's progression to a higher plane?

though some experiences may be negative or for lack of a better word, "haunting", i think that the over all connection/ability should be perceived as a gift. particularly if you are able to overcome any fear of such experiences.

posted on Jan, 23 2014 @ 08:05 PM
link   
reply to post by blueyezblkdragon

I also have found it hard to talk about at times . But I have found more good then bad has come out of talking about it.
Thank you for reading and sharing.

posted on Jan, 23 2014 @ 08:09 PM
link   
reply to post by zeroBelief

Can you tell us more zeroBelief?

posted on Jan, 23 2014 @ 08:09 PM
link   
reply to post by EmpathicBandit

Thank you for the reply and insight. I agree that some people can become numb to these experiences .I feel for your girlfriend .I understand how she felt. And again Thank you for sharing.

posted on Jan, 23 2014 @ 08:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Yooyoo

Oh I could write for days. And I plan on another post So many things have happened that just can not be explained away.

posted on Jan, 23 2014 @ 08:19 PM
link   
Yes, dont listen to flamers, they dont understand. One day they will though. I am pleased to see no-one yet has come forward with any criticisms of you which is as it should be of course. Dont be afraid to post on ATS, there are lots of people in the same boat as you are.

I think the mind is a receiver and it passes what it has received to the brain for interpretation into words or visuals, so it is really how you are put together as to whether you get to see or hear these things. I dont and I wish I did, and after 25 years of practice and training I still dont, but there you are. I will find out when I go Home as we all will.

posted on Jan, 23 2014 @ 08:29 PM
link   

Yooyoo
reply to post by zeroBelief

Can you tell us more zeroBelief?

Well, that's really going back. Thirty years now.

posted on Jan, 23 2014 @ 08:30 PM
link   
reply to post by qmantoo

Iam truly surprised no flamers have come forward . I was prepared for it . But I am comfortable with how Im wired .It would have just rolled off.I do want to thank you for reading my post and the support.

posted on Jan, 23 2014 @ 08:45 PM
link   
Well, the family was heavily into a very practical and frugal form of witchcraft.

I'd honestly say, it felt a lot like it was more of psychic activity than ceremony and pacts with the devil.

My friends mom...she was...in a word..powerful. She always knew what her son and I had been up to, down to minute detail. As if she had been there watching. There simply was no lying to her.

We would all play D&D together. I always DM'd. I'd write the adventure hours before we played. And she could tell you "don't go through that door, there are X critters in there, but, there is a hidden chest...and it has enough gold in it to make it worthwhile, if we win.". Her accuracy was so complete it was as if she read my creation. But I would typically just have a single drawing o the dungeon, and cryptic notes of what was in each room...in my own shorthand...and she never saw the paper I was working from.

Once, I was talking to the mother....I was upset and having family troubles. She asked if I wanted to have the best night's sleep I'd had since my father had died. I said yes. She stood before me, with her hands out, palm up. She asked me to place my hands on top of her palms, face down. She looked me in the eyes.

For minutes, it was as if I was looking at her through a fish eye lense coming in and out of focus.

When she finished, she said "Go home, straight home, and go to sleep."

Well, on my way home, I passed a common area with a basketball court. I had to go through there to get to my home. But the kids there wanted to kick my ass. I told myself, I could make myself invisible by concentrating. As I walked by them, I looked them in the eyes. Their eyes never stopped scanning back and forth, as ones eyes do at night looking for movement. They never once stopped and looked directly at me although I was within ten feet of them. There was a dozen of them, and they could have killed me...and they wanted to.

But they never saw me that night.

When I got into my house, I dropped into my bed. The next twelve hours went by blissfully asleep.

The son, one night channeled my recently deceased father. He shared things with me that only my father knew, such as the last words my father ever said to me, which I had never shared with my friend.

The sister, well, she was rumored to be even more powerful than the mother. She would talk in tongues in her sleep. But not gibberish. We'd record it, and be able to identify it as Portuguese, or Italian, or Russian. Usually biblical passages, although they were not religious.

One particular night, the night they dropped the bomb on me about the entire family, they told me about the spirit of an indian whom the mother knew. A cat with glowing red eyes appeared on the porch as she spoke. It stayed. And then a radio alarm clock went off as if the alarm had been set.

It hadn't been set.

We checked.

I unplugged it. It continued playing music from the radio full blast.

I checked for back up battery, there was no facility for it to handle batteries. It had NO juice going into it.

My friend went to hunt for a screwdriver to open the damned thing up....

And his mother came over...said we needed to stop. She simply waved her hand over the radio, about three feet above it, about three or four times.

The radio suddenly stopped playing.

They taught me much about meditation. To this day, I still use those techniques. Nothing too advanced, not like TM or the like. But, effective none the less.

Suffice it to say....I am not skeptical, as I did everything I could to disprove everything I encountered. I could not.

Instead, today, I merely keep an open mind. Towards almost all things. And I believe in next to nothing. The moment you "chose" to believe...well, you stop thinking rationally.

Scales in my mind are constantly weighing and being adjusted.

posted on Jan, 23 2014 @ 08:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Frankinpillow

I don't think it's genetic, but usually when things start getting attached to one person the phenomena will sort of spread to those close by. At least those in the family will frequently experience things when it all started with some action of one member.

posted on Jan, 23 2014 @ 09:01 PM
link   
reply to post by wtbengineer

I will agree that some people once they learn of some of the things that have happened . Sometimes experience things.or think they are .I think sometimes they just want to so bad.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join