It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Growing up with paranormal experiences/coming to terms with it...

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 23 2014 @ 09:19 PM
link   
reply to post by PrincessOfPhilosophy

I'm thinking cases where they don't want to. Sometimes these things enter a home through something say a teenager is getting into and then slowly the whole family is having things mess with them, and they don't want it and would like to get rid of it.

posted on Jan, 23 2014 @ 11:52 PM
link   

wtbengineer

I'm thinking cases where they don't want to. Sometimes these things enter a home through something say a teenager is getting into and then slowly the whole family is having things mess with them, and they don't want it and would like to get rid of it.

Paranormal activity around teenagers is not uncommon, so there must be some cohesive cause.
Teenagers have raging hormones, swinging from super low to extremely high in rapid succession.
They flirt with danger for that 'adrenaline rush', and fight and argue, releasing stress hormones(cortisol). Our bodies can endorphins and hallucinogenic chemicals.
Kids going through puberty have a whole cocktail of imbalanced chemicals and hormones coursing through their veins. Some scientists believe this to be the cause of some 'poltergeist' activity. Paranormal investigators always want to know if there's a teenager in the house when things start flying through the room, and furniture moves.
I'm thinking there might be a physical connection, as maybe the subconscious mind uses this 'energy' in a physical way.

If that's possible, then maybe our subconscious could have access to a universal consciousness, like those that have passed to another realm.
Maybe the less energy we put into 'operating' our physical body, the more we tap into the Creators' consciousness.

Maybe dreams manifest as ghosts somewhere, or maybe we even have a 'super consciousness' that is unkown at this time, but able to create things like apparitions. Maybe we only access this 'super consciousness' when in deep sleep, and have no recall.

I am almost convinced that there is a logical, scientifically explainable reason for these things, but if we're ever going to find out the mechanics behind it, we have to start looking first.

Should I have put this in the rant forum?

posted on Jan, 24 2014 @ 05:46 AM
link   

wtbengineer

I believe they can be attached to things as well . I collect antiques ,buy sell and trade them. I have passed up some amazing pieces,just because the energy did not feel good .I will go as far as to say it felt bad at times.

Thank you for adding .

posted on Jan, 24 2014 @ 06:30 AM
link   
Thanks for sharing your story. I do believe in this type of stuff, having had a few of my own weird experiences. I look forward to reading more from you.

posted on Jan, 24 2014 @ 07:20 AM
link   
reply to post by nugget1

Yes, when I was a teenager I had poltergeist activity happening around me. Not around anyone else in the house though. I still don't know whether it was me or some outside force causing the things to move. I do know that it was sometimes in response to my thoughts, which makes a good case for it being a manifestation of the mind... or mind reading demons!!! Haha, had to add that!

posted on Jan, 24 2014 @ 10:11 AM
link   

wtbengineer
reply to post by nugget1

Yes, when I was a teenager I had poltergeist activity happening around me. Not around anyone else in the house though. I still don't know whether it was me or some outside force causing the things to move. I do know that it was sometimes in response to my thoughts, which makes a good case for it being a manifestation of the mind... or mind reading demons!!! Haha, had to add that!

I have wondered if thoughts carry some sort of energy that science isn't yet fully aware of. If the energy is strong enough, maybe it could manifest into something we observe in our physical reality.

Nobody was being abducted by 'little green men' until Betty and Barny Hill came forward; now it's epidemic! Power of suggestion? Implanted idea from nefarious sources? Or, did their experience open the door to our collective subconscious?
Real or not, many highly rational and educated people have had these experiences.
The whole field is littered with kooks who make large sums of money exploiting what little factual information is out there.
Maybe our subconscious imaginations are creating these experiences. I have no doubt that some are real, but the 'New Agey' exploitation for profit just pushes the truth farther away.

posted on Jan, 24 2014 @ 11:44 AM
link   
reply to post by nugget1

I agree with you. I have to believe that some people have experiences which are inventions of the mind, but I also have reason to believe that many of these things are brought on by external influence. By who or what, and for what purpose, I am not sure.

posted on Jan, 24 2014 @ 11:58 AM
link   

wtbengineer
reply to post by nugget1

I agree with you. I have to believe that some people have experiences which are inventions of the mind, but I also have reason to believe that many of these things are brought on by external influence. By who or what, and for what purpose, I am not sure.

I'm not convinced that they're 'inventions' of the mind; I'm beginning to think they are 'manifestations' of the mind. I think it may be possible that the mind is far more capable of creating things than we realize.

posted on Jan, 24 2014 @ 12:00 PM
link   
I am a disbeliever in afterlife but I am not so sure about energies. It flies in the face of another belief I hold that dead is dead when it comes to living things. I do agree there are energies that hang around after a person is dead but I believe those energies reside within the living. I think that it is imperative to live life as honestly as one can and treat fellow mankind as if you wanted to be treated because it is in this fellow mankind your energy resides. Memories. Feelings. Call it what you wish. This is why it is important to live well this go round and not hope or bank life on getting a second chance or going to heaven, which is another thing I do not believe of in the traditional sense.

To me heaven/hell/whatever is an individual and subjective thing that will only reveal itself upon death and every single one of us will experience one day, bar none. I believe when we die our minds construct a way that allows us to slip into oblivion which is tailored to the individuals being, experiences and belief system.

As for ghosts, well... even though I have no belief in them I have seen some things in my life that has raised the hairs on my arms and back of my neck. I know that I am human and will get "hinky" if something unknown happens but writing things off that I can't explain as supernatural. Well, that just isn't me. I know my mind will race to fill in what I don't know. For others this may include ghosts but to me, I would blame my faulty vision or my brains interpretation as faulty in that instance and move on. Faulty interpretations from the eyes and ears happens to people all the time even when not related to the supernatural so I am in good company. Means I am human and that is ok.

I WISH I would see a ghost. Have one interact with me. I'd be satisfied for a good old fashion 'push the glass off the coffee table' or 'cut the light on after I've cut it off' kind of actions. I am open to change my mind. Hell, give me a good UFO or bigfoot sighting if I can't get that. SOMETHING! I am open to it enough where it would give me doubt in my belief system and add an extra spice to life (not that life isn't delicious enough but an added one would be welcome).

posted on Jan, 24 2014 @ 12:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Terminal1

I don't believe in the 'supernatural', either.
I believe in 'we don't understand how it works'.

I have had so many unexplained events happen in my life, as have others, that I believe humanity has a long
way to go before we can understand what seems to us now as 'paranormal'. I think what is paranormal is actually our lack of understanding the basic fundamentals of our existence.

I believe in a 'Supreme Being', a 'Creator of all life', basically because I want to. AND because it gives me an explanation for the unexplained.

posted on Jan, 24 2014 @ 12:51 PM
link   
reply to post by nugget1

Invention, manifestation... wordplay. I agree with you that the mind may have powerful abilities to manifest our realities. I also find a lot of evidence that there are some kind of external forces at play; our minds don't account for all phenomena.

posted on Jan, 24 2014 @ 01:09 PM
link   

I enjoyed reading your story. S&F!

It is a shame that parents can't accept their child's abilities by nurturing them, and helping them realize it is a gift, instead of making them think they're crazy. That's not cool!!

I have read many accounts of children having their abilities numbed by what society, or family, thinks reality should be. Anything outside their personal definition of "the norm" threatens their world to the point they have to label others as "crazy". It sickens me!

I wonder at what point the human consciousness could have evolved to today, had people been more acceptable of the gifts we are born with 50 years ago, and helped us with our progression? Maybe we all could have been communicating telepathically by now.

I'm glad you told your therapist something that made her see there really IS something to it, and that science just hadn't caught up in that particular field yet. I'm thinking this was several years ago. Thankfully, I think they have made some progress over the years. Probably because of people like you showing them there are things in this reality that simply doesn't have a rational explanation. But, nonetheless, it's real.

Thank you.

posted on Jan, 24 2014 @ 04:11 PM
link   

Congratulations on your first thread hitting the home page!
People like this stuff here.

I can relate to your parents not believing you when you told them about the paranormal events, and how that affected you.
My parents didn't believe me either. It was a bad experience not having an adult to turn to for emotional support who believed me.
Like you, I stopped telling them anything and just acted like everything was okay.

But it wasn't.

You had some awesome experiences; you are very psychic. Like another member said, some of us are more "in tune" than others, depending on our level of spiritual growth from past- life experiences. That's why others just "don't get it". They haven't reached the spiritual level to understand, and open their mind to "see" just yet.

I'm also happy you provided some truth to your therapist. I would like to have been a fly on the wall for that!

You have such a great ability. I hope you use it to help others. Whether you charge for your services is your decision. Some people feel that people who charge are fakes, just ripping people off. Maybe you could start out doing it for free until your clients see that you are "the real deal", then charge a small fee after you have established your credibility, after the word spreads, if you choose. At that point, people won't be able to say you're a fake, just taking advantage of the gullible people.

I look forward to reading the rest of your experiences. S&F on your thread!

posted on Jan, 24 2014 @ 05:37 PM
link   
reply to post by sled735

Thank you so much , It felt awesome to hear that you also had the same issue with your parents . We had an incident today you may find interesting .My dad was married before he married my mom .They had a son together who died at 16 .My dad apparently felt really bad he had not spent much time with him after he and his first wife separated.

I went to their house today because there pipes froze. I felt a presence the minute stepped threw the door . It was having a really hard time coming threw .After I was done with the plumbing I sat in the chair in the living room and beside my dad on the couch was Greg his son . He must have been frustrated trying to get threw because it was almost like he yelled at me .His birthday was yesterday and he was so happy it was the first time since he passed my dad had not cried and he wanted my dad to know it was time to stop grieving .So I told my dad .He looked at me in total shock he actually not realized yesterday was his birthday .He turned to my mom and said that's it no more doubt .He had never let anyone see him cry but said it was true he would every year . I felt like it really helped my dad .It was like Greg gave him permission to move on. It was the best hug my dad ever gave me . Just felt the need to share this !!!!

posted on Jan, 24 2014 @ 05:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Mindless1980

Thank you for your kind words .My parents really are good parents .I think the unknown just made them uncomfortable . But yes everyone should try to understand things and not judge.

posted on Jan, 24 2014 @ 07:39 PM
link   

How awesome is that?!!!!!!! Way to go!

Wow! That touched me deeply. I bet it gave you such a rewarding feeling to know you helped your dad in such a profound way.

Now, just put that same energy in to helping others, and your on your way.

posted on Jan, 25 2014 @ 05:48 AM
link   

Terminal one,
If you have read the other post a lot of discussions where about energy fields .That many believe we all can tune in so to speak . I would just like to add ...That making excuses or trying to explain things away I believe is how we turn the channel . We have to be open to it! Some energys as you call them are stronger then others and those are the ones that may be making that hair on the back of your neck stand up .If you truly wish to know maybe you should stop trying to explain everything and just accept maybe.......its a start .
edit on 25-1-2014 by PrincessOfPhilosophy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2014 @ 06:11 AM
link   
reply to post by kaylaluv

Would you care to share some of your experiences

posted on Jan, 25 2014 @ 06:17 AM
link   
reply to post by sled735

Thank you, Yes it was great It felt unbelievable I cant believe my first post made the front page !!!!! Everyone has had such great things to say it really was nice to have level headed dialogue about this .

posted on Jan, 25 2014 @ 06:46 AM
link   

PrincessOfPhilosophy

Terminal one,
If you have read the other post a lot of discussions where about energy fields .That many believe we all can tune in so to speak . I would just like to add ...That making excuses or trying to explain things away I believe is how we turn the channel . We have to be open to it! Some energies as you call them are stronger then others and those are the ones that may be making that hair on the back of your neck stand up .If you truly wish to know maybe you should stop trying to explain everythingand just accept maybe.......its a start .

Possibly... thing is I do believe in "energies" so to speak but they only reside in the living. People do pick up on "energies" and I think pretty much everyone has some sort of ability, some more than others. Some are even sensitive enough where their perception is altered by house wiring and the EMF it puts off. There has been many instances where I felt someone look at me out of the blue and when I turn to look I see them looking at me. Not to mention the recent experiments into such things like the "God Helmet" which allows the wearer to even feel the presence of God himself and other supernatural feelings.

Yes, I do believe that humans have some sort of ability that is not understood (yet). I also know humans are very flawed, especially when it comes to perceptions. Eyewitnesses tend to be the worst witness and is the reason 10 people can see an event and all 10 can come up with different versions of the event they just witnesses. Because when we see or hear things we tend to draw from the pool of our own experiences to explain what we have seen. Another example of human flaw is the "telephone experiment" where you whisper a message to one and they tell another and so on until the last person has a totally distorted message from the original message.

When two people hear a bump in the night both will come up with their own version of what they just heard. If you believe in ghosts and whatnot then you will hear and see ghosts with every bump in the night. If not, then you will look for other alternatives that fit your own life experiences.

This is not "making excuses" for unknowns but I am not, with all the flaws I have for being human, going to claim that I absolutely know the cause of every bump in the night. I just will look for more mundane reasons for that bump than automatically assign the paranormal to it if mundane reasons escape me. It just simply means I don't know, which is OK.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join