It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Some questions for those who believe that God is all-knowing and all-powering but created Satan to

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 25 2014 @ 03:46 PM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

I don't guess you noticed the Pentagram that is so prevalent in that Avatar .

posted on Jan, 25 2014 @ 04:17 PM
link   

SimonPeter
reply to post by arpgme

I don't guess you noticed the Pentagram that is so prevalent in that Avatar.

It looks like star (american flag reference) or the mythical 'star of bethlehem' cookie marshmallow soft tasty holiday treat. Pentagrams are upside down from this image; with a horned goat head in the middle. Are you saying the star shape is evil; whatever way it spins and stops? Im thinking a 'wind' driven pinwheel toy here, youre execessively windy?
edit on 25-1-2014 by vethumanbeing because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2014 @ 07:16 PM
link   
reply to post by vethumanbeing

A pentagram is a pentagram and it is upside down just like the one that is apparent above our White House .

posted on Jan, 25 2014 @ 10:29 PM
link   
SimonPeter
reply to post by veteranhumanbeing

SimonPeterA pentagram is a pentagram and it is upside down just like the one that is apparent above our White House .

No; a pentagram is whatever YOU percieve it to be I guess, has to have 5 points; IM SEEING AN INNOCENT HOLIDAY SUGAR COOKIE STAR (a frosted decorated delicious bite with sprinkles goathead image in the middle IF upside down NOT for the children to consume). I think you may be confusing a pentagram with the PENTAGON (that is a building that houses our Defence Dept. machinations). Hey, did we change our flag last night; as in an octagonal shape STOP sign Standard is flying on a flagpole above our WhiteHouse (some kind of subliminal messaging happening here?). I opt for the yellow smiley face myself "Have A Nice Day" (very copacetic; smooth and noncommital). Might be confusing points with shapes.

edit on 25-1-2014 by vethumanbeing because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2014 @ 03:11 AM
link   

logical7
reply to post by arpgme

1. God did not create Satan, God created beings with free will.
Satan choose to become Satan.

If a potter makes a defective pot then who is to blame for the pots defects, the potter or the pot?
If a god makes beings that rebel then who is to blame for the rebellion, the god or the rebel?

Wouldn't you complain if you were just created and then punished just because God knew what sins you would do?

Do you mean like:
Surah 14:4
Then Allah sendeth whom He will astray, and guideth whom He will. He is the Mighty, the Wise.

posted on Jan, 26 2014 @ 09:05 AM
link   
reply to post by racasan

. . . beings that rebel . . .
People rebelled, according to Genesis, starting with the Garden of Eden story.

I think that "satan" is an anthropomorphism of a perception of an evil force in an attempt to explain it.
I don't think that there is a single specific person who is Satan.
If you think that there is, then feel free to point out where to find that person described in the Bible.
(addressed to whoever, and not necessarily the poster who I am sort of randomly responding to)
There is a "satan" in the Book of Job, but it is really just a questioning sort of spirit, and after the initial scene, the role of a "satan" is actually carried out by a particular god, where there are probably three types of "god" described in that book.
edit on 26-1-2014 by jmdewey60 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2014 @ 09:28 AM
link   
reply to post by jmdewey60

I am pretty sure the whole fallen angel thing Christians go on about is from Dante's inferno – but my point still stands

If god made Eve then he made everything about her – height, eye colour, level of intelligence and how trusting she was – he could have made her so that she would not trust talking snakes, so what happened with the talking snake is all gods fault – right?

Remember she was the second person ever created she had no brothers/sisters older people or other people to learn from – there was no previous examples of betrayal or lies and she was created with no knowledge of good and evil, the only thing she had was what bible god had put in her when he made her – so that must mean bible god is the problem - right?

posted on Jan, 26 2014 @ 10:54 AM
link   
reply to post by racasan

. . . the only thing she had was what bible god had put in her when he made her –
The dirt.
Which was already there, under the ocean, before the Elohim spirit separated the land and the water.
So you could say that the earth itself was at fault.

posted on Jan, 26 2014 @ 11:19 AM
link   
reply to post by SimonPeter

Yes, there is a Pentagram in my avatar?
What is your point?

posted on Jan, 26 2014 @ 12:09 PM
link   

jmdewey60
reply to post by racasan

. . . the only thing she had was what bible god had put in her when he made her –
The dirt.
Which was already there, under the ocean, before the Elohim spirit separated the land and the water.
So you could say that the earth itself was at fault.

i think the story says she was made out of ribs, the man was made out of mud and another thing if man came from mud, how come mud's still around?

posted on Jan, 26 2014 @ 10:56 PM
link   
reply to post by racasan

i think the story says she was made out of ribs, the man was made out of mud and another thing if man came from mud, how come mud's still around?
I think that was supposed to imply a sort of incompleteness of the woman, compared to a man, that she was made from one side of him.
That was how a lot of people thought of women a long time ago, that they were like men who didn't quite develop all the way, which of course would have come from men's thinking, the same people who were allowed to read and write, and so how this sort of idea comes down to us today, in this book.

The earth would not have been something thought of as being in short supply that we were in danger of running out of.

posted on Jan, 30 2014 @ 04:07 PM
link   

arpgme
reply to post by adjensen

But in The Book of Job, God sends Satan to be an adversary (to tempt). God even gives Satan power to achieve this. No where in the old testament does it say that Satan rebelled, but in the new testament the entire point of view changes, saying that Satan does not go to heaven to talk with God (like in Job) but instead only roams the Earth until the day of judgment.

reply to post by ctophil

If The Spirit is made of Light, what is the ego made out of? Is it also made of light? If it is made of darkness, how does ego refer to this physical world (since this world seems to be darkness compared to The Spiritual Light)?

You act honest about your question. I hope trolling is not involved!

Satan is first mentioned in Genesis as the snake. Satan rebelled against God because he (God) loved his creation - Man. This was something Satan could not handle and he became upset with his father. Satan can not handle the fact that God loves us more than the angels in heaven. Did you read in Job where God looks upon Lucifer and ask him where he has been and he answered he has been walking among the earth? God allowed this and he still does........ why is this? Of course God could have struck Satan down right there but he didn't. God has a plan. After reading the bible can you see the plan?

Satan is a fallen Seraph. This is a member of God's angels who is high in ranking amongst the angels. With rank comes power. Satan also known as Lucifer is very powerful. Of course God allowed Satan to tortue Job BUT God told Satan he could not kill Job.

NOTE: All evil must follow God's direct commands he he gives his angels. Though Satan and his followers attack us, sometimes kill us, but they MUST still obey the God otherwise he (God) would punish them and they all know this. Please do not forget that all angels including the fallen know God personally. Notice how Satan tortues Job but does not kill him. Look how Lucifer challenged God and lost. Satan stands in heaven and rebukes his father for making mankind and how easy they are to kill and how easy they are to intimidate. Well he lost with God when dealing with Job. Job showed his loyalty to God and refused to listen to his wife and to Satan.

So why didn't God just go ahead and kill of Satan then? Because it has not "come to pass" the revelations God and his prophets have spoken about someone coming that would end this way of life. Someone who would come and straight things out once and for all. We know this to be Jesus.

Think about this for a minute..... the name of Jesus has power. How can that be? Does your name expel evil attacks? Jesus's name does and only his name and no other. Not the father, not the Holy Spirit..... only Jesus name. If you have been given authority from heaven to use Jesus name, why you could preform the same miracles as other did in the New Testament. Fallen angels know who is Jesus is, they have met him before.

Have you met him?

posted on Jan, 30 2014 @ 04:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Jesuslives4u

Of course God could have struck Satan down right there but he didn't. God has a plan. After reading the bible can you see the plan?

Is his plan to just watch us all suffer from famine, war, plague, bigotry, intolerance, torture, lies, etc.? Because that's what it seems like.

What parent can be called good or loving when they allow their children to play with poisonous snakes? I know if I saw my child with a python around its neck I'd do everything in my power to save my child. The same cannot be said of your god, he lets us get bitten and doesn't bother to clean the wound, that means he's both negligent and a dead beat.
edit on 1/30/2014 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2014 @ 04:46 PM
link   

3NL1GHT3N3D1

Of course God could have struck Satan down right there but he didn't. God has a plan. After reading the bible can you see the plan?

Is his plan to just watch us all suffer from famine, war, plague, bigotry, intolerance, torture, lies, etc.? Because that's what it seems like.

What parent can be called good or loving when they allow their children to play with poisonous snakes? I know if I saw my child with a python around its neck I'd do everything in my power to save my child. The same cannot be said of your god, he lets us get bitten and doesn't bother to clean the wound, that means he's both negligent and a dead beat.

God is not doing these things that you allege, the reality is that Satan is doing these things. Satan has been given power over this earth and all who live on this rock.

God did not explain many things but he did clearly say that he can not reside amongst sin. The people who control this planet are under Satan control and they do what Satan wants ...... famine, war, plague, bigotry, intolerance, torture, lies, etc...

God allows these things to happen including many other horrible acts and maybe he has participated in punishing a few himself.

Not everyone has experienced famine, war, plague, bigotry, intolerance, torture, lies..... while others have. This system we live in is broken down.

So let me ask you a question: IF......IF God removes everything that you hate, tomorrow would you then worship him and follow him to the ends of this planet and beyond? Be your only one and true God?

posted on Jan, 30 2014 @ 07:53 PM
link   

Who gave him power over Earth though? God did. Why would God wilfully let his children suffer for thousands of years when he has the power to stop it?

That's equivalent to a father putting his child into a play pen and then throwing poisonous snakes in expecting the child to know how to get out. If the child gets bitten before he can get out? Too bad, the father tells him it's a lesson he must learn. Why? Who knows, but the father knows best even when it's not in the best interest of the child.

What a wonderful father we have.

The concept of a parent doing absolutely nothing for his child who is in danger, then claiming he loves him is totally nonsensical and utterly stupid. We call those types of parents dead beats where I'm from, your god is pretty much a dead beat dad.

posted on Jan, 31 2014 @ 05:06 PM
link   

3NL1GHT3N3D1

Who gave him power over Earth though? God did. Why would God wilfully let his children suffer for thousands of years when he has the power to stop it?

That's equivalent to a father putting his child into a play pen and then throwing poisonous snakes in expecting the child to know how to get out. If the child gets bitten before he can get out? Too bad, the father tells him it's a lesson he must learn. Why? Who knows, but the father knows best even when it's not in the best interest of the child.

What a wonderful father we have.

The concept of a parent doing absolutely nothing for his child who is in danger, then claiming he loves him is totally nonsensical and utterly stupid. We call those types of parents dead beats where I'm from, your god is pretty much a dead beat dad.

Actually Lucifer disobeyed his father and left heaven and walked the earth without God's permission.

You have many questions about decisions God has made. But you don't know God's answer ..... none of us do. Should we judge God even though we do not know why he has allowed this or that?

I get it ........ you want answers, so go get them..... ask God why he did it. I can see you are frustrated and mad at God. Call out to God and ask him, maybe he will answer you...if you are respectful when you ask him. Go into prayer and ask. It is written, "ask (in Jesus name) and you shall receive".

It is my humble opinion that God (the father) does not look at death like we do. Imagine for one minute (if you can) all the power God retains. He speaks and the words can not come back to him without the deed being completed. A type of magic (if you will) that is all powerful and he can not be defeated, not by Lucifer, or any of the angels including mankind. Why even if they ganged up on God he could simply speak a single word and defeat them all! So why doesn't he stop all this chaos on earth? I have heard a lot of different answers from people on this subject but not a single one of them said they received this answer from God. God can see the TRUE future of events on this planet and that includes everyone on this rock, he knows the best way to correct this situation. Don't throw in the towel and start blaming him for the mistakes that mankind has made.

I believe God is waiting ..... for a time when all mankind will realize that living on this planet without God and his kingdom will fail. Mankind was not made to rule over man however God is (I AM) to rule but he does not want to force this upon anyone (again free will). Forget the politicians, the kings and queens on this world.... they have proven time and time again that they can not rule without chaos. Never has mankind had a perfect man made government and as long as God is not in our lives, ruling over this planet as intended, never will there be peace and harmony on a worldwide global scale.

Do you believe God hates you or mankind? If so, why did he make us in his image if he hates us? Inside each person is their spirit. What you see in the mirror is an exact copy of a spiritual person inside you. This spirit is released when you die and it goes back to God and it is judged. This spirit is you! It thinks like you, it has your exact character and mind. You can not see this spirit but God can. So you see MAYBE God thinks of death differently than you do. BTW eighty or ninety years might seem long life to some people but is it really when compared to billions of years? Think how wise you are in your old age compared to when you were a teenager. Today you might think you are pretty smart? Just think if you were a billion years old, how much smarter would you be?

I believe each person was put here on earth to play a role. Each and everyone one of us with different spiritual gifts and goals to experience and once that is accomplished we return from where we came from and we are rewarded or punished depending on the decisions and life we lived. Your life on this planet is a test. You pass and you go to heaven, fail and you go to hell.

There is a special bible verse I like to quote at this time - Many of God's children will die because of a lack of knowledge.

Peace be with you.

posted on Feb, 1 2014 @ 10:16 AM
link   

3NL1GHT3N3D1

If you have a kid playing video games and you have a super controller that you can use to interfere anytime he is in danger of hurt or death in the virtual world. Would you be showing care or just spoiling the game???

When you make your theories to criticize God you forget that this world is a high end video game and not the end of existence. There would be a game over and then you would be shown how well or badly you played..

posted on Feb, 1 2014 @ 10:21 AM
link   
reply to post by logical7

Your analogy doesn't make any sense. If my kid gets shot in a video game he can respawn, if he gets shot in real life he can't. Video games aren't real life, you know that right?

My analogy makes more sense because the child can actually die, in real life, not in a video game. Terrible analogy on your part.

posted on Feb, 1 2014 @ 04:50 PM
link   
logical7
3NL1GHT3N3D1

[Jesuslives4uOf course God could have struck Satan down right there but he didn't. God has a plan. After reading the bible can you see the plan?

3NL1GHT3N3D1What parent can be called good or loving when they allow their children to play with poisonous snakes? I know if I saw my child with a python around its neck I'd do everything in my power to save my child. The same cannot be said of your god, he lets us get bitten and doesn't bother to clean the wound, that means he's both negligent and a dead beat.

Logical7If you have a kid playing video games and you have a super controller that you can use to interfere anytime he is in danger of hurt or death in the virtual world. Would you be showing care or just spoiling the game???
When you make your theories to criticize God you forget that this world is a high end video game and not the end of existence. There would be a game over and then you would be shown how well or badly you played.

What if we are now mimicking in heavy density the 1s and 0s that the AUO is/the absolute unbounded oneness (you percieve as God Aspect) is a digital awareness (IT IS). You know it was going to happen eventually. What if in the future a video game could impact you, you or your child as having already become addicted to NOW (how can you not see dedicated gamers as addicted) or events within the game could actually kill you in the virtual (non physical matter reality) world becomes possible, and as this physical reality starts to describe or form a future potential. Physical reality is starting to mesh/melt or combine with the higher nondense realities, at some point the definition will be very hard to determine. This digital age of ours is just demonstration of a point of recognision (us as heavy matter) telling us how our prime creator is actually wired (its organizing of itself is using a digital process).
edit on 1-2-2014 by vethumanbeing because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2014 @ 05:10 PM
link   
Why did God make some humans who proclaim divine blood line to be reptillians.....hold on latest information in from above, I mean Turtilians.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join