It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Some questions for those who believe that God is all-knowing and all-powering but created Satan to

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 23 2014 @ 01:49 PM
link   
reply to post by logical7

logical7
Maybe you should have been a tree which just obeyed all God made rules and lacked the free will and so also wouldn't go through any punishment.

If I wanted to be a tree, would I have the free-will to be one? Do I have the free-will to not be punished?
It seems you only believe in free-will when it suits your belief systems but in other situations no.

posted on Jan, 23 2014 @ 09:05 PM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

. . . you only believe in free-will when it suits your belief systems . . .
I think that I agree with you and your questioning in at least a general sort of way.
There is nowhere in the Bible where it says "free will" so I don't know where that idea comes from.
I realize that there are some churches that emphasize the believer's power of choice but it was not something taught in the church that I grew up in.
The Garden story in the Bible points out the power of deception and the enticement of the promise of secret knowledge, and was not about choice or free will.

posted on Jan, 24 2014 @ 02:24 AM
link   

arpgme

logical7
Maybe you should have been a tree which just obeyed all God made rules and lacked the free will and so also wouldn't go through any punishment.

If I wanted to be a tree, would I have the free-will to be one? Do I have the free-will to not be punished?
It seems you only believe in free-will when it suits your belief systems but in other situations no.

You have free will to make choices but not to choose the consequences of those choices.

You have limited free will, you cannot turn into a tree or a bird. You could however submit your will to God and get in harmony with nature just like trees and birds or you could insist on upholding your false sense of autonomy and be a part in spreading caos.

posted on Jan, 24 2014 @ 11:51 AM
link   

If this is true:

You have limited free will, you cannot turn into a tree or a bird.

then, how do you know this is true:

You could however submit your will to God and get in harmony with nature just like trees and birds or you could insist on upholding your false sense of autonomy and be a part in spreading caos.

How do you know that each human being has free-will to be in harmony with nature or not? You just admitted that humans were made differently from animals who are in harmony with nature and that their free-will is limited.
edit on 24-1-2014 by arpgme because: fixed spelling errors

posted on Jan, 24 2014 @ 03:15 PM
link   

arpgme

logical7

Actually, some souls (or people if it's easier for you to understand) do reincarnate into a tree if they desired to experience what it is like to be a tree. So you do have free-will in that regard. If you are talking about punishment as Karma, it is not strictly punishment as viewed by humans. Karma is not God's way of punishing people for performing negative things (like hatred, murder, or assault). As discussed in some of my posts, Karma is a way for the Universe to balance itself in harmony. You see, when you do positive or negative things, you create that type of energy into the atmosphere (spiritual ether). When there is too much negativity in the air, the Earth and its surrounding (externally & internally) objects will be unbalanced, which may cause extreme weather conditions, weird anomalies in the atmosphere, increase in poisonous plants/animals, infertile soil, no life energy in water, etc. So the Universe must balance these conditions by bringing negative reactions back to the person who created the negative thoughts or actions in the first. By doing so, this will hopefully fix the "error" that the person made, since he or she may have learned the lesson by performing more positive actions. Yes, you can go on doing negative things for your entire life or lives in the future. But that is not God's true intentions for you. The point is that you do have the free will of continuing your negativity if you so desire.

Do you understand? Without the Karma reactions in life, how could you learn anything and gain higher consciousness? All you would learn without Karma is that you can get away with whatever and destroy the whole planet without consequences. What about your brothers and sisters? Wouldn't destroying the planet also disallow billions of souls from reincarnating onto Earth to continue their spiritual training in the next life? I bring up these questions because it has happened before in our own solar system and galaxy in the past. People literally did destroy their entire planets. More on that when the topic allows.

God's Light Energy is made out of Divine Love, which positive actions and thoughts can create. We are all creations of the Mother Light or Ma-ter Light of God (another name for God's Light of Creation). Through the acts of love, you can create positive things and be in perfect harmony with Mother Light. This is why we call our planet, Mother Earth, because it is the creation from the Mother Light or Female aspect of God. But in either case, you do have the free-will to choose positive or negative actions. God doesn't see them as separate actions. Because we are living the physical, dense universe, we view negative things as "evil" or what not. In the higher planes, such as the 5th dimension, people there view them as positive (Father aspect) and negative (Mother aspect), they function as ONE. They don't even call them positive or negative, for that in itself separates its ONENESS. It is better to call them Expanding and Contracting Forces, just as the Sun and Moon, Day and Night, yet you combine them, you get a Single Day.

posted on Jan, 24 2014 @ 03:49 PM
link   
reply to post by ctophil

You must believe the Hindu faith . How sad . Gandhi is in hell as we speak . The Bible says no there is none Good but the Father . Without the blood sacrifice of Jesus for remission of your sins you will be with Gandhi .

posted on Jan, 24 2014 @ 04:02 PM
link   
reply to post by SimonPeter

Who told you Ghandi is in hell?

What landed him in said firey pit?

And what makes you think you're not headed to that same place for judging the rest of us?

posted on Jan, 24 2014 @ 04:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

The Bible is the Word of God not Gandhi . If you can not see what I was talking about ,there would be no reason to try to explain it to you . You might want to look at Hinduism before you comment .

posted on Jan, 24 2014 @ 05:08 PM
link   

uhm... ya I've studied Hinduism quite extensively...

that doesn't explain why you think Ghandi is in hell...

DO you honestly believe that there are only Christians in heaven/the afterlife?

Honestly I find it far more likely that IF there is a hell... its populated by Christians more then any other religious group... that's pretty much garenteed

LOL

edit on 24-1-2014 by Akragon because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2014 @ 05:51 PM
link   

SimonPeter
reply to post by ctophil

You must believe the Hindu faith . How sad . Gandhi is in hell as we speak . The Bible says no there is none Good but the Father . Without the blood sacrifice of Jesus for remission of your sins you will be with Gandhi .

The teachings I give on ATS and everywhere I go are universal. You will find these concepts in many ancient texts, many walks of life, and even many oral teachings in times past, not just in Hinduism and Eastern religions. In fact, the older Christian groups such as the Gnostic Christians teach very similar if not the same beliefs as Hinduism.

The Kingdom of Heaven is about great unconditional love. And through this love, there is no judgement of anyone or anything, for all are ONE with God. Therefore, no need to judge Gandhi nor the beggar on the streets. For even seemingly the "lowest" person in society can be a being of immense Light and Stature in Heaven. Jesus slept on the ground without even a pillow on his head at times. If you were walking around on Earth at that time, would you judge Jesus as a lowly peasant? Did you know that the teachings of Jesus was just like Hinduism? Do you actually study the many layers of symbolism hidden within Jesus' words? If so, then you would know.

posted on Jan, 24 2014 @ 05:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

I know that you won't understand what I am meaning when I say it but, that pretty well explains it all about what makes you tick. To each his own . We all pay our money and take our chances in life . Good luck !

posted on Jan, 24 2014 @ 06:01 PM
link   
reply to post by ctophil

If that works for you fine but I do not subscribe to that Oprah Wagon wheel approach to God . It's not all good ! God sent Jesus down to give his Gospel and offer Grace and Mercy to the Gentile .That's the way I will go . Straight and narrow is the way and wide is the path to destruction .

posted on Jan, 24 2014 @ 06:03 PM
link   

the feeling is mutual brother... I realise you place all your faith in "the good book" like many Christians do...

Feel free to believe whatever you wish... but you feel its your place to judge others by your book, even though your God in the flesh tells you not to do so...

this is why I say, IF theres a hell... Theres more Christians there then any other religion...

SO many Christians claim to understand Jesus but their words and actions betray them...

tragic really... but that's life

posted on Jan, 24 2014 @ 06:27 PM
link   

Akragon

the feeling is mutual brother... I realise you place all your faith in "the good book" like many Christians do...

Feel free to believe whatever you wish... but you feel its your place to judge others by your book, even though your God in the flesh tells you not to do so...

this is why I say, IF theres a hell... Theres more Christians there then any other religion...

SO many Christians claim to understand Jesus but their words and actions betray them...

tragic really... but that's life

I, too, was in the same boat as many Christians, but I have transcended this dogma. So believe me, I know all the Christian doctrines by heart. But my message to SimonPeter is that hopefully he will one day question his beliefs and go beyond it. As I always say, if you don't transcend your wisdom and knowledge every day, then you have grown lukewarm or have taken two steps back. Your consciousness will only be raised if you increase your current understanding. May God's peace and wisdom be with you all, brothers and sisters.

edit on 1/24/2014 by ctophil because: (no reason given)

edit on 1/24/2014 by ctophil because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2014 @ 07:23 PM
link   
SimonPeter
reply to post by Akragon

SimonPeterThe Bible is the Word of God not Gandhi . If you can not see what I was talking about ,there would be no reason to try to explain it to you . You might want to look at Hinduism before you comment .

There is NO EXTERNAL bookform premis/PRIMER that can or should have the power to convert unless to an otherwise spiritually empty being. This endevour to understand or know your creater must come from within, first lesson; what is your relationship to it and why are you here? There are many various forms of teaching; look at it as guidance (and they are all site specific for a reason): Hinduism, Buddhism, Shinto, Chonchi, Confusionism, Rosticrusions, Pagans, Islam, Judaic, Christian; they are all valid for the time periods and locales they derived from. Christianity is another (western) thoughtform of explaining that there is another world beyond this 3rd dimension. Im surprised at you SimonPeter. Most of these belief systems acknowlege the "Christ Consciousness" and its importance.
edit on 24-1-2014 by vethumanbeing because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2014 @ 07:23 PM
link   

SimonPeter
God sent Jesus down to give his Gospel and offer Grace and Mercy to the Gentile .That's the way I will go . Straight and narrow is the way and wide is the path to destruction .

You took the verse out of context. Jesus Christ first said this:

Matthew 7:12
"In everything, therefore, treat people the same way you want them to treat you, for this is the Law and the Prophets."

and after that, in the very next verse, he said this:

Matthew 7:13
"Enter through the narrow gate; for the gate is wide and the way is broad that leads to destruction, and there are many who enter through it."

You are being condescending towards others (Hindus, Ghandi, and probably anyone who believes in Reincarnation). Would you like it if someone looked down on you and your religion or if someone talked about someone you looked up to as burning in fire for all eternity? Nobody likes to be talked down to like that.

edit on 24-1-2014 by arpgme because: spelling errors.

posted on Jan, 24 2014 @ 09:53 PM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

Really ! Have you not been on the Christian sites very long ? Not only do the people on this forum imply at times Christians are week individuals who need a prop but the HLS agency has classified Christians as domestic terrorist . Now there is some effort to put Christians in a grouping as mentally deficient and restrict their ownership of guns in some states .
Criticized but soon to be persecuted as an enemy to the NWO and it's "religion" crack down .

posted on Jan, 25 2014 @ 01:00 PM
link   

Even if people do look down on Christians, the bible says YOU are not supposed to repay evil with evil and insult for insult, you are supposed to rise up with love and bless those who curse you ( 1 Peter 3:9).

By the way, Christians are not the only ones on that list. It's anyone who sticks up for individuality and their own beliefs, too.
edit on 25-1-2014 by arpgme because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2014 @ 02:58 PM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

I have always believed ones avatar is an expression of ones state of mind and ones beliefs or at least an expression of how they would like to be perceived . Your's is no exception . I see the message within .
Best Regards

posted on Jan, 25 2014 @ 03:31 PM
link   

What message do you think I'm trying to send? To me it's a pattern with mathematical beauty:

The most you can see in my avatar is that I appreciate natural patterns, anything else is belief systems picked up along the way. So which belief systems are you holding on to? Are you looking in symbols for something evil or are you looking to find what is beautiful and pure ( Philippians 4:8)?
edit on 25-1-2014 by arpgme because: spelling errors

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join