It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Happening now and I never even realised

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 17 2014 @ 10:04 AM
link   
reply to post by ChesterJohn

What, you never saw a WiFi enabled / capable refrigerator?, supposedly to inform you that you are low on milk or whatever?..

Geez, even newer cars are WiFi enabled, microwaves too, and it has all been sold to the masses disguised as a "convenience", when in fact it's end purpose is control, just because they didn't make the control aspect of it clear does not mean that wasn't the original intent.

Nothing gets done without there being a cost benefit / analysis first, and there is always more benefit to the seller of the technology than to the end user.

And when the usefulness of that technology has run it's course, y'all will pay to dispose of it in a specific manner, or be prosecuted for disposing of it improperly.

The technology to track these appliances and gadgets has already been established.

The CONSUMER will always be led to slaughter.

MOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.................

edit on 17-1-2014 by MyHappyDogShiner because: vas

posted on Jan, 17 2014 @ 10:32 AM
link   
looks like device hacking is the new future.

posted on Jan, 17 2014 @ 10:41 AM
link   
reply to post by ninepointfive

T'is the future.

I get hit, spammed, pinged, probed, corrupted on a daily, sometimes hourly basis.

T'is the present.

Don't share any information with anybody at all, anything you say to anybody, or any information you share through any medium, can be held against you, or use for nefarious purposes.

posted on Jan, 17 2014 @ 10:56 AM
link   
reply to post by pavmas

GREAT story - thanks. ...Back in the 1970's I spoke with someone in banking who outlined the steps the industry was taking to create a cashless society, starting with popularizing ATM's. Happened - your stuff is happening. No doubt. What can we do besides suck it up or go off-grid?

posted on Jan, 17 2014 @ 11:19 AM
link   
Isn't electricity free? Or, should i say, "don't we have technology for free energy?"

posted on Jan, 17 2014 @ 11:40 AM
link   
Something is a miss here...
Yes class warfare has been started a long time ago.
Here in the good ole USA the current administration is pushing it hard!
SO this is not to far feched so to speak.

posted on Jan, 17 2014 @ 12:17 PM
link   
reply to post by pavmas

WTF.

Believe me, there will be blood, marching, disorder, chaos, rioting and everything else going on, if this bs plan ever came in from the Power Companies!

I know they do have 'smart meters' but we all can choose how we pay and I wouldn't be letting anyone in to fit a smart meter!

Whatever you do, dont let anyone in power see this thread because they just might say 'oh, what a great idea'
edit on CSTFri, 17 Jan 2014 12:19:46 -06000000003112x046x0 by TruthxIsxInxThexMist because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2014 @ 12:32 PM
link   
reply to post by pavmas

reply to post by pavmas

Star and Flag for posting this. I had read about it but didn't realize to what extent it was put in place turns out it is already here. In my area they already have peak usage times, smart meters and they are using appliance control (voluntary at this point, AC during the summer). I read up on a few other blogs and websites to find out that some companies allow you to opt out of getting a smart meter installed but you of course pay a fee for that. Many power companies do not offer this option. It was interesting to find out that many water companies are moving to this same format and many consumers both electric and water say that thier bills have sky rocketed since the use of these smartmeters even though thier usage has remained the same.

I did find a possible reason for my wireless not working so great on one side of the house though, has to do with the smart meter communication, how powerful and how often it sends out it's bursts. I think I will build a small/disposable faraday enclosure to house my smart meter and see if I keep from dropping offline. I guess that meter reader will once again be making rounds out to my place.

posted on Jan, 17 2014 @ 12:33 PM
link   
Climate change is a major factor in the acceptance of this technology by the masses, as in, "we need to control you for your own good"...

I don't completely agree / disagree / believe, with / in anything that I can merely read about, or anything some guy is telling me...Whether the schmoe is in a position of authority or what the hell ever....

The most annoying thing in my little world is having somebody else mind my business for me, which is what all of this technology is being used for, like I said, I don't believe in anything, but there is a lot of info out there that points in an ominous direction.

Like:

1-Cell phone tracking and monitoring.
2-GPS enabled cars.
3-Discount cards at stores which basically track buying habits.
4-The Insurance Industry's interest in genetics.(3)
5-Cameras everywhere, including the one in your phone that's not secure.(1)
6-The Insurance Industry's interest in not paying out claims for auto accidents.(2)
7-The fact that it appears that a lot of people are kind of dumbed down and trust these parasites.(1-2-3-4-5-6)

And then we have WiFi enabled everything, so even more info is just flying around out in space for anyone with a little bit of skill to capture and use for whatever. I know there are laws against this, but people who don't care about the law don't care that there are laws against what they do anyway, for whatever reason....

Nevermind the fact that WiFi, cell phones, smart meters all send out forms of radiation.

The WiFi fog is almost as thick as most people's "brain fog", or is the WiFi fog causing that brain fog?.

I just don't know....

posted on Jan, 17 2014 @ 12:43 PM
link   

BendingTheTruth
reply to post by pavmas

I live in Columbus, OH, in the US and they replace everyone's meters with smart meters about 2 years ago in the entire city. All of a sudden, we started getting a monthly report from the electric company stating that our house was using 'much more' electricity than most of the people in my neighborhood and that I needed to get on their program to replace my thermostat with theirs so that they could control my heat and coooling during peak hours of usage. I already have a good digital thermostat that controls the tempurature accordingly to the time of day. I started going around and talking to my neighbors and low and behold they were receiving the same type of report saying that they too were using 'much more' electricity than most of the people in the neighborhood. Amazing, considering that my closest neighbor is a 75 year old lady who lives by herself and mostly sits in the dark house reading (with a light on) or watching TV in one room. The electric company (AEP) jacked up our electric bill almost immediately after installing the smart meters. Since AEP is a regulated company (supposedly - their excuse for high prices), I started getting my electricity from a separate company (AEP Energy - not regulated) that is 'affiliated with' AEP, but is not owned by them. This company provides the electricy cheaper (barely) to AEP and AEP then continues to supply the electricity as 'our utility company' and even bills the same (they just show what AEP Energy billed them now). We continue to get other letters asking us to put in more devices where they can monitor the electricity (and I'm sure eventually control it) down to the appliance. By the way I have NOT changed my useage of electricity at all. Still running the same things I always have. These companies are out of control...

wow...here in Stockton, California...the same thing happened to us. I paid off my home in 2002 and have lived here for 27 years, and recently had a "in-home evaluation" by the local electric company and they told me the same thing...but, my usage hasn't really changed all that much. they came out and put in weather stripping, gave me 6 fluorescent bulbs, a small overhead room fan, and a new thermostat. they asked me if I want to "participate" in the automatic house climate option that was available with the new thermostat, after they explained to me what would happen, I told them no way....during the winter they would set my heat to a max of 67, and during the summer my A/C wouldn't come on till the temp reached 82...my thermostat sits about 5 1/2 feet up from the floor and during the winter when I turn on the heat option, I have to set it to 72, to get to 69 on my portable mercury filled thermometer a few feet away at the same height.
edit on 17-1-2014 by jimmyx because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2014 @ 01:16 PM
link   

We will start by rationing power and have power cuts at peak times saying the demand is to much, we will have the press blame it on the unemployed (thats right) the unemployed will get the blame, we will say we cant meet the demand and people at home all day could do their washing at 12 noon or pre cook meals at 1pm, in fact why dont unemployed eat at 9 pm at night as thats what time most europeans eat, We will blame the high prices are because unemployed people are causing the demand, people will blame the jobless saying if they can afford to run their electricity at peak times they are getting to much benefit etc.

40% of the people in this Country are unemployed (350 million, minus underaged and elderly, MINUS 90+ million out of the work force, and not including the thousands fired every day).

A bunch of super-rich, inhuman CEO's trying to justify a 10x increase in energy prices by scapegoating a 100 Million angry, frustrated and unemployed population? Good luck with that one.

edit on 17-1-2014 by Visitor2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2014 @ 02:28 PM
link   
reply to post by pavmas

You are in England, right? A British friend of mine said you have to pay something like a 'license' fee for each television you have, right? If that is true it sounds like the Brits have been at the mercy of the government for a long time!
As someone already told you the 'off-hour' discounts have been in use here in the states for years.
Here in Arizona, our power company has something called M-Power card, there isn't a standard meter, you have a box that you plug into any outlet and you add money as you need it, they only change the rates if you owe them money (from before they had the M-power card. Let's say you owed them $1000, when you go swipe your card in the 'ATM style' machine say you want to purchase $40 on your card, the power company will take 5% until you are paid up.
I love the CARD option, you can at any time see how much you are paying for the electricity, how much per day, the previous month or current month. I don't think Salt River Project is planning on any sneaky pay hikes that would get past us!
Also, here in the Southwest we get our power from the Hoover dam and to a lesser degree from the Palo Verde Nuclear plant west of Phoenix.

posted on Jan, 17 2014 @ 02:40 PM
link   
reply to post by pavmas

Your story make's no sense, either the energy company does not understand human nature or you don't.

When you start soaking people only on the pretext that you want to increase profits and ruin a person's ability to survive you trigger the predator instinct with uncontrollable rage, in other words the people that work for the energy and the energy grids themselves would not survive.

I think you need to find another way to get noticed OP, this is BS.

posted on Jan, 17 2014 @ 02:52 PM
link   
So a thought came to me while reading this thread. If the new smart meters are digital and conneted to a network with wifi it can be hacked right...?

Yep.
www.naturalnews.com...

The old ways of tampering with analog meters may no longer apply to smart meters. One of the reasons smart meters were employed was to curb electricity theft. In fact, it is estimated that millions of dollars are annually lost due to electricity theft. Nevertheless, the Puerto Rico incident demonstrates that a smart meter can still be vulnerable to attack using a simple laptop, an optical converter device and a program that can be downloaded from the internet. To date, this is probably the best proven way to fool a smart meter.

posted on Jan, 17 2014 @ 02:57 PM
link   
Smart meters are our friends. FPL has great informative videos.

Now we are able to see a lot more than we were able to see before

posted on Jan, 17 2014 @ 03:04 PM
link   

Battleline
reply to post by pavmas

Your story make's no sense, either the energy company does not understand human nature or you don't.

When you start soaking people only on the pretext that you want to increase profits and ruin a person's ability to survive you trigger the predator instinct with uncontrollable rage, in other words the people that work for the energy and the energy grids themselves would not survive.

I think you need to find another way to get noticed OP, this is BS.

if the OP is even true, that is what the electricity corporations want to happen, more so than will happen i think.
what is happening to tv and movies will happen to any other system if enough people realize it is happening, it will be slow to start but it will happen. namely boycotts and system abandonment.

i will be amused at how well wifi based meters work in wifi over saturated areas though. millions of more wifi devices can't make getting a clear signal on the band wifi uses any easier.
well, i guess that depends on what band the meters use...
edit on 17-1-2014 by demongoat because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2014 @ 03:59 PM
link   

jrod
Smart meters are not that smart to pick out which appliance you are using and when you are using it, and the smart meter cannot be used to turn off your electric as of yet.

ChesterJohn

I've heard a people with badges making exactly this claim, pretty much a warning to anyone who may be growing plants indoors that the new smart meters can see what you are doing and we will with our SWAT army and destroy it. Those types usually claim they know more than they do, i.e. we know what you did so tell us the truth or you will get a harsher charge/sentence.

Who controls computing?

There was a period in America where all the mystique of Government authority was tied up in the fact that they had card punch computers to accurately calculate the census of the country. The most accurate numbers. Free from all those human errors, that had plagued the past.

Young hackers at MIT broke into the computer lab and stole computing to give to the people, and the desktop PC revolution happened. During the home built period I was just reading the trades, I couldn't afford more than that, people were sharing accounting programs, to balance their checkbooks. This move had the emotional power of feeling one could judge the bank on its accuracy for a change, which was tantamount to judging the Government. A thought hardly anyone dared allow themselves to have.

My first computer was a TRS-80, the first to have color, home computer. I had been saving for years. It didn't have a hard drive, or any form of external memory. Each time I turned it on, I had to retype my program from scratch. If I ejected the "Basic Language" cartridge, I could put in one of the other two I had bought. The "word processor" cartridge, and the "ant maze game" cartridge.

While each iteration of the PC has come with huge changes, one thing, for a long while swapping out cards on the mother board was pretty common. Some people even designed their own cards. With point and click, the great un-technical-masses of America flooded into the computer world. The home brew, do-it-yourself, hobbyist, and even academics had a different view of what they expected.

In the 80's there was talk of maybe having a card in one's computer that could operate a remote controlled car, or one that could make coffee for you in the morning, even one connected to all the outlets in your house so you could schedule the usage of all appliances and their loads.

The second the energy industry realized that the home pc could foreseeably be used to collectively pass judgement on the power companies, a major shift struck the burgeoning pc market of the 90's. Computers started to be specialized to Programming, Business, and games. Not too unsimilar to the original three cartridges I had, "basic language", "word processor", and "games". Now we have PC's for programming, light weight electric readers, and game platforms.

What used to be features of one computer are now little more than three types of computer appliances. The industry controls the computers again in this way. And I hate them for it. We could have had smart homes in 1996. Fiber across the country by 98. And remote controlled fleets tending our yards by 2008. But nooooo. Can't empower the people unless they pay proper homage to the ones mercifully granting that power. Because only they have the sacred authority to understand all the computers.

Who controls computing?

Mike Grouchy
edit on 17-1-2014 by mikegrouchy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2014 @ 04:57 PM
link   
reply to post by jrod

Basically I'm guessing (before I watch the video) is that the energy suppliers can see when you are in, what you are watching and when. when you take a shower, when you eat... etc

posted on Jan, 17 2014 @ 05:01 PM
link   
reply to post by TruthxIsxInxThexMist

Lol. Nothing like that, however that quote from did come from the informative ad.

I find FPL's informative videos to be amusing and there is actually some useful info on how the smart meters work.

posted on Jan, 17 2014 @ 05:34 PM
link   
Maybe it is just me, but I thought this is common knowledge.
At least here in Germany we have some power plants, that pump water uphill into a reservoir at night and let is flow through the turbines at day times.
I have no idea what they are called.
But the idea behind it is to use the cheap electricity at night to produce more expensive electricity at day and sell it

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join