It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Happening now and I never even realised

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 17 2014 @ 12:08 AM
link   
reply to post by AnAbsoluteCreation

yes. this could never happen here. no worries about a single payer energy outlet. no worries about a single payer health care system. no worries about police wo can't even spell habeus corpus. no. it could never happen here.

posted on Jan, 17 2014 @ 12:29 AM
link   
My DD payments have been frozen till 2016 under a legally binding contract. They can't implement a different payment system until the contract finishes. So how would this work with their deadlines?

posted on Jan, 17 2014 @ 01:07 AM
link   

christmaspig
My DD payments have been frozen till 2016 under a legally binding contract. They can't implement a different payment system until the contract finishes. So how would this work with their deadlines?

and how would they install smart meters to millions of homes within 18 months

posted on Jan, 17 2014 @ 01:39 AM
link   
Don't know about those in the US or the UK but if I was loooking at even 2x the price of electricity, I would be better off running my own generator.

posted on Jan, 17 2014 @ 01:45 AM
link   

boymonkey74
reply to post by Silicis n Volvo

Must admit I fell for it then read your post and I agree.
Fibs this is just fibs.
It will never be allowed to happen, It would mean every energy company doing the same and not one turning around and taking all the market by doing it how it is now.

Unless there's regulation to make it law, a la what the ACA did with health insurance.

You can sell insurance, but the product must meet this criteria or we will tax burden your consumers.

You can operate a coal power plant, but the product must meet this criteria or we will tax burden your consumers.

Hell, people have already been put in jail for not installing smart meters. It's already started in swaths of North America, there's tons and tons of stories already. As far as I'm concerned this OP is two years old news...

www.washingtontimes.com...
cnews.canoe.ca...
www.mysanantonio.com...
www.wptv.com...
triblive.com...

And across the Atlantic:
www.telegraph.co.uk... r-displays.html

For us in the states, the supreme court has ruled the government can tax you for NOT PURCHASING A MANDATED PRODUCT. The legal precedent for mandatory smart energy usage has already been set. This is what FASCISM looks like. Wake up!

posted on Jan, 17 2014 @ 01:49 AM
link   

daskakik
Don't know about those in the US or the UK but if I was loooking at even 2x the price of electricity, I would be better off running my own generator.

Don't you worry, all prices of fuel, be it coal, nuclear, petroleum, propane, natural gas, etc., will necessarily sky rocket in your life time.

posted on Jan, 17 2014 @ 01:56 AM
link   
reply to post by GenerationGap

They already have but according to the OP electic companies want to ramp prices up 10x for certain times of the day in the near future. Heck the sun still shines the same as it has always done and at those rates solar panels would pay themselves off in a couple of years instead of the decades at the current rates.

posted on Jan, 17 2014 @ 06:40 AM
link   
reply to post by daskakik

This is just another example of push push push, eventually some people will rise up the first lots will be killed or put into prison but some of what they will then face will be beyond vicious and their will be many more of them than the tptb and their minions. Remember that freedom fighters can kill anywhere anytime with any weapons that they can devise or make up including very high tech weapons. Do they really thing that they can sit in their comfortable boardrooms and government offices and do this and much of the rest their agenders without really annoying some people to the point of absolute hatred. Unfortunately once this point has been reached no logic or reason can stop this and it will become a fight to the death with both sides using any and all means availiable to them and both sides nearly wiping one another out. This will be the begining of the end of society as we know it.
However for those of us that are more creative and constructive it will mean that these measures will simply bring out some of the hidden technologies which produce free energy, from energy harvesting to perpetual motion motors, to much more efficient ways of harvesting the suns energy from new solar technologies. Eg think nicola tesla technologies & cars that run on water
Their will be so many people using these technologies that they will no longer be able to deny or supress them and this alone would destroy the power and fuel companies.

posted on Jan, 17 2014 @ 06:53 AM
link   
Just a thought here. But maybe, maybe, its not that bad, i mean it was obvious meters would evolve, and this is how they did, smart meters. Just like alf evolved into chips.
And it's common sense that you should pay more for something when theres more people who demand it.
I dont know, i dont live there so i dont know how things are really, its just a thought. I live in argentina, and the tech and investment needed to have smart measures installed in every home is prolly 50 years away. No joke.
Blaming the unemployed is another matter altogether, i dont think people will buy it. But still who knows.
I think in, say, ten years, this whole issue will be forgoten, and people will see smart meters as a natural thing.

posted on Jan, 17 2014 @ 06:59 AM
link   
reply to post by skyblueworld

There will be a revolution, just at what cost...

posted on Jan, 17 2014 @ 07:11 AM
link   
being a skeptic myself, I would not believe what the OP is saying, but, I recently saw an article in our local paper (the Stockton record) here in Stockton, California, PG&E, which is our local gas and electric company, has petitioned the regulatory state board to start a peak and off-peak graduated system of pricing....I don't know if it's going to be approved, but, they haven't lost many of these votes

posted on Jan, 17 2014 @ 07:52 AM
link   
reply to post by pavmas

I live in Columbus, OH, in the US and they replace everyone's meters with smart meters about 2 years ago in the entire city. All of a sudden, we started getting a monthly report from the electric company stating that our house was using 'much more' electricity than most of the people in my neighborhood and that I needed to get on their program to replace my thermostat with theirs so that they could control my heat and coooling during peak hours of usage. I already have a good digital thermostat that controls the tempurature accordingly to the time of day. I started going around and talking to my neighbors and low and behold they were receiving the same type of report saying that they too were using 'much more' electricity than most of the people in the neighborhood. Amazing, considering that my closest neighbor is a 75 year old lady who lives by herself and mostly sits in the dark house reading (with a light on) or watching TV in one room. The electric company (AEP) jacked up our electric bill almost immediately after installing the smart meters. Since AEP is a regulated company (supposedly - their excuse for high prices), I started getting my electricity from a separate company (AEP Energy - not regulated) that is 'affiliated with' AEP, but is not owned by them. This company provides the electricy cheaper (barely) to AEP and AEP then continues to supply the electricity as 'our utility company' and even bills the same (they just show what AEP Energy billed them now). We continue to get other letters asking us to put in more devices where they can monitor the electricity (and I'm sure eventually control it) down to the appliance. By the way I have NOT changed my useage of electricity at all. Still running the same things I always have. These companies are out of control...

posted on Jan, 17 2014 @ 08:41 AM
link   
reply to post by pavmas

Thanx for the Post. Very informative.
Your memory, to be able to remember that much amazes me. I can't remember what was said an hour later at times.
I didn't read all the Comms here yet, but when I read where you said you seem to be able to remember what is important to You and said you can't really remember the password here I was Floored!!?!?? You don't think getting into this place is Important?!!!!???????
Hope I am misunderstanding that!!! Syx.

posted on Jan, 17 2014 @ 08:51 AM
link   
How come you thought smart metres were something Tesco installed in your fridge? That's bonkers.

posted on Jan, 17 2014 @ 09:43 AM
link   
That's what you get when you become addicted to your luxuries, you end up paying way more for them than they are worth.

Most of you are addicted to those unnecessary luxuries to the point that if they are stopped, you just don't know what to do.

I have seen this crap coming for at least 25 years, and the only luxury (a more necessary luxury than TV, considering I use it to make money through information and buying / locating repair parts for various things online) I can honestly claim I am addicted to is this damned computer, and when it goes south I may not fix it.

I have an old RV in the woods with an extension cord running to it to work a space heater when it gets cold, and to charge my laptop and hotspot, the fridge doesn't work, I don't think it is even drivable anymore, and couldn't justify the amount of fuel it uses even if I did drive it.

I have a car that I seldom use for the same reason, and ride a bicycle everywhere up to 50 miles away if I have to, the car when it has to be done sooner and to haul larger amounts of cargo, but I usually use a bicycle trailer.

One can live a pretty free life-style if one actually looks ahead and does not mortgage their future to fund the purchase of unnecessary luxuries.

When all else fails, which it most assuredly will, it won't matter to me at all, you will see me riding down the road with a bicycle towing a trailer, a dog and camping gear in the trailer, heading to another place to enjoy my time here.

And you will sit in your motorized recliner complaining about traffic, look at me going by on my bicycle with a trailer and camping gear and a dog while you sit at a light, and comment on that homeless scum riding a bike past you as you sit in line, fuming.

Or maybe I will just head out with my canoe, and avoid almost all of you completely.

I would rather deal with pirates anyway, at least they are more honest about their intentions.

posted on Jan, 17 2014 @ 09:44 AM
link   
this would never work. most unemployed people stay up all night and sleep all day.

posted on Jan, 17 2014 @ 09:47 AM
link   
reply to post by pavmas

Smart meters are not that smart to pick out which appliance you are using and when you are using it, and while the smart meter can be used to turn off your electric from a remote location there are legislations in place to protect elderly and children from having their electric cut off.

All it can do at this point is record the amounts being used per house and what are the peak hour use per house.

Tt cannot Identify each appliance attached to each socket or outlet. In order to do that the home would have to be rewired and placed on a home grid prior to your fuse box. Each point on the grid would then be designated to use a certain appliance then they might be able to shut one section of the home grid off but then run and extension cord from another outlet which is on a different part of the grid.

Sounds to me is that they may be inventing new smart meters to replace the old ones but they still cannot dictate which outlet or light is which and what is plugged into it. Now smart appliances plugged into such a grid may be able to do such but that would be in the future and whole homes would have to be built with smart grids to function the smart appliances and smart meters.

edit on 17-1-2014 by ChesterJohn because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2014 @ 09:50 AM
link   
Seriously folks. Solar panels people. Australia has a surplus of energy due to so many people installing solar panels. Frack the grid

posted on Jan, 17 2014 @ 09:53 AM
link   
Here ya'll go, some privileged little brat been singin about this horse# before.www.youtube.com...www.youtube.com...

posted on Jan, 17 2014 @ 10:04 AM
link   

ChesterJohn
reply to post by pavmas

Smart meters are not that smart to pick out which appliance you are using and when you are using it, and the smart meter cannot be used to turn off your electric as of yet.

All it can do at this point is record the amount being used per house and what are the peak use per ho

I agree, but that does not stop some for making that claim.

I've heard a people with badges making exactly this claim, pretty much a warning to anyone who may be growing plants indoors that the new smart meters can see what you are doing and we will with our SWAT army and destroy it. Those types usually claim they know more than they do, i.e. we know what you did so tell us the truth or you will get a harsher charge/sentence.

These claims may scare a few people from growing plants inside, but they are more effective in making the scared sheep feel safer by thinking those meters can actually stop illegal activity.
edit on 17-1-2014 by jrod because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join