It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Happening now and I never even realised

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 16 2014 @ 06:05 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

Obama Care Obama Power, this guy is putting his name to everything USA use of name is being replaced with OBama, NAS will soon becalled Obama Space.

If thats the case then this is to create fear, only those that own their homes are safe (for now) is seems like they want to divide society.

posted on Jan, 16 2014 @ 06:31 PM
link   
reply to post by pavmas

I gotta say, I'm sick to death of the candyass coatings.
The divisiveness has to have reason behind it.
From there it's limited speculations as to what that
reason is and none of them are innocent.

posted on Jan, 16 2014 @ 07:38 PM
link   
reply to post by snowspirit

On the plus side, it's now illegal here to turn off heat or power in the cold months. At least it is in Saskatchewan.

Yup, it's illegal here in Manitoba too. Not sure about any other provinces though.

They cannot turn off your natural gas or electricity between certain winter months... I think it's mid November through to mid March, or something like that.

Not only would people freeze to death, but it would also cause housing and main waterlines to burst, which could be a problem then too for the other neighbouring houses on the street.

posted on Jan, 16 2014 @ 08:45 PM
link   
reply to post by pavmas

Oh dear god, IF this is even slightly true then prepare for domestic WAR. If they think you need to pay more they will turn off the heating on a cold night?? hahaha, let them try it....just once. this country doesn't know what effing terrorism is until they attack the citizen in this manner.

power companies will burn, the people that work for these companies will most likely burn.

for now, I call bullshat on this whole idea. it will lead to anarchy.

posted on Jan, 16 2014 @ 09:42 PM
link   
The way that is described here is obviously a bit far-fetched, especially in the time frame that is stated....but the ideas are already in place to a certain extent (there are already off peak power hours) and slowly over the next handful of years I could see something like this start to be put in to place...

posted on Jan, 16 2014 @ 10:12 PM
link   
This past summer, in my small town of about 4000 people, they replaced all the old rotary electric meters with digital meters. This really makes me think now.... and be suspicious of.... Thanks, lol.

(I did actually wonder "why" when they did this)
edit on 16-1-2014 by tinker9917 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2014 @ 10:23 PM
link   
reply to post by tinker9917

They did the same thing here in Florida. They are said to be able access the your information in real-time via wifi. Some have even said the new 'smart' meters can detect what kind of appliances households are using at a given time, frankly I believe that is nothing but a safe/scare tactic. It makes some feel safer knowing that and others fearful of that kind of breach of privacy.

posted on Jan, 16 2014 @ 10:23 PM
link   
2x
edit on 16-1-2014 by jrod because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2014 @ 10:26 PM
link   
reply to post by pavmas

My question is... how could they tell if what we are using is a fridge or a deep freezer or a video game or a tv or a 20 year old oven or a washer/dryer or a dishwasher? Not all of us can afford the new "smart appliances", which I wouldn't buy if I could.

posted on Jan, 16 2014 @ 10:37 PM
link   

MysterX
reply to post by boymonkey74

And why?

To derail..you're pissed off at me, just pissed, fed up, living at the same address...what?

Going back over the thread, it's obvious there's a motive and it cannot be appreciation of content...so what?

Just wait untill those who come with a bag full of cut and paste BS arrive, they seem to have missed this thread so far.

On topic.
I've been expecting this too happen. For nearly two years they've been sending me letters, letters that tell me my meter has come to the end of its life and must be replaced. I get a letter about once per month. They tell me its THE LAW but fail to tell me which law! They've stopped short of actually telling me I'm breaking the law, but they try hard to make me think I am.

You mentioned in an earlier post about the TV programs that are conditioning the non thinkers, but there's still quite a few of us that are aware of what they're doing, and I think they know that and they're already preparing for it. Where I live those in social housing have just had their tennancy agreements ammended, it is now a breach of tennancy to place any kind of notice in their own windows! There can only be one possible reason for that!
They also turn our street lights of at midnight and back on again at 05:30

You mentined people should get off grid as soon as possible, and I agree 100%, but did you see the recent threads about people (US) having to pay a tax for each Kwt of power generated? They're also calling people who use solar or wind power "Freeloaders" and are bringing in legislation to make sure the "Freeloaders" dont "Get away with it"
If that doesnt wake up the world nothing will.

posted on Jan, 16 2014 @ 10:37 PM
link   

tinker9917
reply to post by pavmas

My question is... how could they tell if what we are using is a fridge or a deep freezer or a video game or a tv or a 20 year old oven or a washer/dryer or a dishwasher? Not all of us can afford the new "smart appliances", which I wouldn't buy if I could.

They can't tell that with my smart meter. Unless my smart meter just isn't the smartest meter out there

I've seen the computer system in the company's truck when they came to check out a problem. It can tell the power load, and how long, and when.
A heavy duty electric heater I had on in the garage knocked out my power, all they could tell was that it was a very heavy load.
If someone was growing something they shouldn't be, the meter would read the pattern of power used.

posted on Jan, 16 2014 @ 10:41 PM
link   

tinker9917
reply to post by pavmas

Its actualy very easy, each appliance pruduces its own signature, for example inductive loads spike when they swiitch off, a fridge runs at very regular intervals, most appliances use a know amount of power.

PS. Dont use a mains powered sex toy

posted on Jan, 16 2014 @ 10:44 PM
link   

snowspirit
the meter would read the pattern of power used.

Thats how they can tell whats running, and it includes ANY device. Its the computers back at HQ that will work out what your doing with your electric, not the guy who does the repairs.

posted on Jan, 16 2014 @ 10:51 PM
link   
If this did happen, I expect we would see a sudden spike in solar panel sales.

posted on Jan, 16 2014 @ 11:01 PM
link   

evictiongnostic
If this did happen, I expect we would see a sudden spike in solar panel sales.

and their price!

posted on Jan, 16 2014 @ 11:08 PM
link   
reply to post by VoidHawk

I don't think they want people knowing that.
Previously, I had called to find out why my bill was $160 more in one month, they just said something large was pulling my power.
I had to figure out from the dates they gave me, for heavy power spikes, that it was the garage heater costing $40 each day used.
It was days my husband was home from work (he's away lots) melting snow off his quad.

posted on Jan, 16 2014 @ 11:21 PM
link   
I like this idea. makes sense. It's like the government here in the u.s. saying we need to raise gas taxes to fix the roads. they raise the tax and the roads stay the same!. what I think we should do is this summer after it warms up, have everybody STOP driving for as long as they can until they need to again! also stop flying would be good. also stop going to national parks, the smithsonian, baseball games, concerts, amusement parks, car washes, stores, starbucks, vacations, and movies. if we could get EVRYBODY (excpet california, they hate the u.s. anyway) to do all the things, for one, you can save a lot of money, and two, we might SLIGHTLY disturb the economy enough to make the king and his lords and ladies poop themselves, and it would be fun to watch them SUFFER for a change. Combat Economics is what we can call it. Also, turn you cellphone off and LEAVE it that way for a month!

posted on Jan, 16 2014 @ 11:23 PM
link   

snowspirit

I had to figure out from the dates they gave me, for heavy power spikes, that it was the garage heater costing $40 each day used.

$40 each day! Ouch!

posted on Jan, 16 2014 @ 11:47 PM
link   

Yep. Darn thing tripled the bill!
Theres a wood stove in there now.

It'd be nice if it was cheaper to get away from using the grid power, but the cost of solar is crazy already. Plus I heard that some places (I think Ontario) are going to charge people a small fee if they only use solar. Charging people for being off the grid. $20 ish a month or so. Crazy.

At least I have wood access. And natural gas piped in. It's a little cheaper. Living in a cold climate will always be pricy 6 months of the year...

posted on Jan, 16 2014 @ 11:57 PM
link   
This will never happen. People will turn to alternatives. Its already a booming business to become self-sufficient. No way this form of scruitiny will ever last. Unless its under a police state.

When staying the same becomes harder than changing, people will change.

AAC

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join