It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

David Icke - This clown is why I am hesitant to adhere to conspiracy theories! No end of stupidity.

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 06:42 AM
link   
Icke is propped up to discredit conspiracy theorists by association.
With clowns we go down.

posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 08:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Emma3

And you'll start to see what really makes sense and why. What the plans of the elite are and how that relates to the rest, etc.. Just about the New World Order alone, if you search for it, you'll find quotes from politics talking about it, and now more and more. Someone to listen to about education is Antony Sutton and Charlotte Iserbyt. They also connect the "deliberate dumbing down" of the people with secret societies and now I'm not sure, but I think with a world government. That's a good start for someone looking for information on this.

Not telling me anything i don't already know Ms. I suspect you are much younger than myself Ive had 10 plus years on this stuff.
It is good your looking for info though. You don't like the new age? there is no New age. The term has been used at least since the 1980s the new age IS the current age.
So your against the aeon you live in OK extreme so are ISIL. However there is nothing you can do about it except learn to adapt and get on with your life.
I note your sources look pseudo-Christian pseudo because most types of Christians don't encourage those ideas only extremists left behind the by the mainstream majority. Are you a Christian? Be careful about your sources some look loony!
edit on 18-10-2014 by 74joff because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 19 2014 @ 07:07 AM
link   
a reply to: 74joff

Actually I became a Christian because of my research about the New World Order. I respect all opinions and I listen to everyone, I don't go by preconceived notions without having done serious research and heard about all points of view. But if you look into the religious part of this, sooner or later, you'll see the truth. It's obvious there is a new age movement, although the ideas are not new at all. See it's origins: link Oh, and your attempted association with ISIL is completely... wow. Laughable. Not to talk about other things like invoking some kind of authority (oh, 10 years!) because you just assume you're older than me...
edit on 19-10-2014 by Emma3 because: (no reason given)

edit on 19-10-2014 by Emma3 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 19 2014 @ 07:40 AM
link   
a reply to: projectbane

Yeah, I never bought too much into the whole reptilian thing. I don't dismiss anything outrightly, but this sounds a bit much for me. There are other things he speaks of which make much more sense than his reptilian idea.
However, to claim our "leaders" are "human," at least human in the same sense as the average Joe on the street is a misnomer. Our "leaders" are psychopaths at the very least. They are not like the common person whatsoever.
edit on 19-10-2014 by SpeakerofTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 20 2014 @ 12:00 AM
link   

Actually I became a Christian because of my research about the New World Order. I respect all opinions and I listen to everyone, I don't go by

Does this make you bible thumping evangelical that attends church each sunday?

But if you look into the religious part of this, sooner or later, you'll see the truth. It's obvious there is a new age movement, although the ideas are not new at all.

Religious part of it?? Nothing to do with religion dear. Since when did religion ever touch on conspiracy?? Back in the day when I bothered with religion I once brought up this subject with a pastor in reformed church after an average sunday service he said i should read my bible and that conspiracy was dangerous.Advice for you ...Christains = nwo

Oh, and your attempted association with ISIL is completely... wow. Laughable. Not to talk about other things like invoking some kind of authority (oh, 10 years!) because you just assume you're older than me...

Yes you are very funny, you are trying very hard make yourself into the image of radical whatever...
:
the thing is I ve heard it all before, thousands of times, you think you are original?
I think you are nothing but naive. And yes age has everything to do with it. Why because if you were older and wiser hopefully you wont be so naive!.
Many take part protests and marches when they are young. I don't see so many doing it when they are older same deal applies here.
I am only here on ATS these days to defend those whom are doing something constructive. DI is the real deal doing something REAL even beyond real he also has transcendent solutions.
WHAT ARE YOU DOING??

edit on 20-10-2014 by 74joff because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 20 2014 @ 12:24 AM
link   
I like icke a lot.

I find his ideas to be refreshing. I think he's on point a lot.

But I think he appeals to people with more abstract experiences. Ones who have had unexplainable experiences throughout their lives.

Most of the people who like icke seem to be the people with a lot more research under their belt. I've been heavily invested in researching since 2007. And I lightly researched Edgar cayce and the pyramids since I was a kid.

edit on 10/20/2014 by onequestion because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 20 2014 @ 04:02 AM
link   
a reply to: 74joff

You make assumptions that are simply not true. I don't go to church, for one. All that need to ridicule makes me think you're younger than me (and the supposed shouting asking what I'm doing followed by a smiling sticking out the tongue and a thumb down, seriously?)... Instead of actually addressing what I said about the new age being related to the nwo with real arguments, you simply say that's not true, as if that was proof of something, and then go on to directly ridicule me undermining the issue, which reminds me of what I read about disinformation tactics. Babble all you want, if that makes you happy.

posted on Oct, 20 2014 @ 05:28 PM
link   

I am very over you. Your just not that bright! I even question who you REALLY ARE there are so many Provocateurs on Ats.
You,re just not worth my effort.

edit on 20-10-2014 by 74joff because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2014 @ 12:16 PM
link   

David Ickes interpretation of events may seem rather wacky, but believe me, he is as close to the mark as you can get!
It may read like a comic book of aliens a monsters and he may crack a joke now and then, but it is true .... absolutely bloody TRUE!! I think that he is an incredibly brave man and I applaud him. When I saw them and shook their clammy cold hands, I somehow knew instinctively that something wasn't right. Then when the voice got deeper alarm bells started ringing! I muddled through what I was saying and then their eyes started glowing! GLOWING!!
Normal Doctors don't do that! 6 moths later I had a breakdown as I couldn't handle what I had seen.
ATS is the furthest I have gone public. I have since been told to forget it and get on with my life!!
Easier said than done, but I am trying. hx sorry if I keep repeating myself, but it is true!

posted on Oct, 29 2014 @ 12:24 PM
link   

Yeah, but then again i wonder how many people think Christians, Muslims and Hindus are mad as hatters?

Not much in the way of proof of what they say comes to light either, and yet hundreds of millions hang onto every word, and these religions have made much more than a tidy profit from those that believe all that they claim is true.

Different strokes for different folks mate, some people worship banana trees as gods don't you know. (actually do too)

Icke may have not been much of an academic or footballer, but i'd say he definitely found his niche later in life wouldn't you?

posted on Nov, 2 2014 @ 06:46 PM
link   
a reply to: MysterX

Not much in the way of proof of what they say comes to light either, and yet hundreds of millions hang onto every word, and these religions have made much more than a tidy profit from those that believe all that they claim is true.

Well for most of the geo political/political conspiracy material DI talks about he does provide evidence. In any interview he gives he always gives good value & detailed information. However one wonders how well people listen especially critics once again down to perception or closed or open minds you would think ATS has but no.
As for the Metaphysical stuff he talks about "The Nature of Reality" covers the reptilian thing well you cant prove scientifically of cause however this is not realm of science is IT? This is only the filla in mainstream education nothing more ( trains only for jobs)

All Renaissance era figures of scientific history like Francis Bacon, John Dee, Isaac Newton,Leibniz, so forth all believed in the Occult, alchemy thus the metaphysical relationship with science so not even of the origins of science are completely logical/rational, though you wont hear this from corporate funded science lecturer need to find this info for yourself.
edit on 2-11-2014 by 74joff because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 2 2014 @ 09:17 PM
link   
I have'nt read up on much of what Icke has to say,I came across some snippets here and there-and of course he's best known for his royals=reptilians theory.If one reads articles in the conspiracy community,it's propably impossible not to come across him somewhere or the other.So,as I have not spent much time on his theories,it would be unfair for me to give any opinion.

What made me respond to your thread though,was your headline:that Icke's theories makes you hesitant to give credibility to conspiracy theories in general.Am I reading that correctly? Because if that is accurate,I would just like to say,imo,don't throw the baby out with the bathwater.Just because you find him in particular,to be a witless idiot-he should not be a reason to disregard everything and anything else that gets discussed in the conspiracy community.You could be missing out on some very interesting things if you let one person drive you away,or put you off.

Because if he IS a disinfo agent,his work as regards you,would be done then,not so? Don't let one person whom/whose theories/MO you find irritating and distasteful,put you off the whole kit+kaboodle,you know?

I don't have an awful lot of time to read these days unfortunately,or I would've perused some of his stuff for interest's sake,but as it is,I have to take turns with all the things I'm enormously interested in,and that's not Icke or his theories ,at this point iin tme.

About the "royals",though,very little would surprise me.And personally,I have my own suspicions about the moon-but that's just personal,not based on the theories of any conspiracy theorist or writings.You should'nt let the guy get your goat like that,jeez,from your OP it sounds like you're about to have a stroke:-) Easy a bit! what seems wayyyy more ludicrous and pathetic is all the celebrity worship going on out there.I mean,at least Icke is most likely acting from honest+deepseated conviction.and does'nt come across as an outright jerk.When I look at the mostly trash+empty vessels that pass for "celebrities" I find the worship of them a million times more bizarre than Icke's worst fever dreams:-)a reply to: projectbane

posted on Nov, 5 2014 @ 04:35 AM
link   
Well Davey Icke writes book after book and delivers talk after talk using the exact same content as he used the last time. He had some good advice for people...problem/ reaction/ solution. All that's useful. Hs reptilian stuff is probably something he wants to distance himself from. Davey Icke is also very fat.

I like to listen to Eustace Mullins. But most of the conspiracy people have some worthwhile bits of info amidst their more wacky or controversial stuff.

Davey Icke has good stuff to say...even if he sounds like a broken record

posted on Nov, 5 2014 @ 04:45 AM
link   
If it wasn't for the likes of David Icke sites like ATS might not exist. I remember watching him on the Terry Wogan show years ago and the people laughed at him. He went out on a limb when most folk would have folded, that took real courage. How many times have you told someone you know about various conspiracies and been laughed at or looked at in a strange manner. This has happened to most people and from that point on they keep the information to themselves rather than take the chance of being ridiculed. Well, Icke decided not to keep the info to himself, he had the guts to tell what he had found out. I have nothing but praise and respect for the guy.

posted on Nov, 5 2014 @ 06:43 AM
link   

Really good thread. May as well give my addition.

David Icke for me personally is not a good man and his influence has no semblance of positivity for people interested in expanding their awareness and consciousness as far as I can see. He leads people through his own mythology really in the same way as any other human trying to influence people with their own ideas and concepts. His chosen medium is new age spirituality. His target audience and consumer base are conspiracy theorists and new age spiritualists it seems.

I would not call him any kind of teacher. His "theories" are terribly low brow intellectually and actually quite embarrassing. He is wildly speculative and extreme. The sources for his "work" if you can call it that are as far fetched as his own perception.

I am really not sure whether he believes all the stuff that he orates and writes or whether he knows he is leading people up the garden path and does his deeds with dollar signs flashing across his eyes. I expect there is a kind of self delusion at work, supported by his success in terms of fame and financial gain.

I was born in Leicester, same town as Mr Icke. I can tell him for what he is under all the glam. He reminds me a lot of the Leicester Market traders. He kind of uses the same tactics selling his stuff and is a very good salesman.

Now Mr Icke, because he has some people believing what he says, is having a small negative effect, but only with people that will believe any old kind of imaginative wild speculation to begin with. If they were not listening to David they would be off engaging in some other kind of crazy stuff. People have great difficulty accepting hum drum reality because really it is not that exciting so they have to dress it up, hype it up and vamp it up.

Where Mr Icke is having a negative impact is his distrust and misinformation spreading about Jewish culture and people. I think Hitler would have taken Mr Icke on just because of his enthusiasm for spreading falsehoods and caricaturing a whole people as being somehow to blame for everything that is wrong about the world. Quite disgusting really.

Also, Mr Icke is very mean about people in high positions socially. I think it is really out of order to name call our Queen a lizard, etc. I think he is ten times the lizard in terms of how he makes his money preying on the intellectually vulnerable.

To conclude. David Icke's nastiest traits for me are his disrespect for authority, being hostile to the nation of Israel and Jews world wide and his intellectual charlatanry.

It is a free world so I guess if people like him turn you on, press your buttons and you figure he warrants access to your precious mind, thoughts and behaviour (and of course your hard earned dollars for his comic books) be my guest. I'm certainly no kind of fascist to go around shutting people up.

By the way I have called David a lizard virtually to his face when I wrote to him. I protested his hostility and negativity about the race of the Hebrew people.

edit on 5-11-2014 by lonesomerimbaud because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2014 @ 06:32 AM
link   
a reply to: lonesomerimbaud

I would not call him any kind of teacher. His "theories" are terribly low brow intellectually and actually quite embarrassing. He is wildly speculative and extreme. The sources for his "work" if you can call it that are as far fetched as his own perception.

Dont mistake your opinion for Intellect that would be big mistake. Many forms of Intellect by the way you seem a bit lacking in it yourself not to realise that fact.

Also, Mr Icke is very mean about people in high positions socially. I think it is really out of order to name call our Queen a lizard, etc. I think he is ten times the lizard in terms of how he makes his money preying on the intellectually vulnerable.

Exactly why DI is not "new age" as you call it. If you,ve noticed most so called eastern mystic types tend go with conformity not against it.
This fact is exactly why DI not a new ager.

To conclude. David Icke's nastiest traits for me are his disrespect for authority, being hostile to the nation of Israel and Jews world wide and his intellectual charlatanry.

As above one of the very things that appeals to alt folks who like his stuff.
You dont get it! I gather you you don't like conspiracies either. "What is ATS about again" ?

A very poor attempt at character assassination.
edit on 6-11-2014 by 74joff because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2014 @ 11:44 PM
link   

Well yes, everything is sound, basically - a vibration, measurable in Hz. Pretty basic physics, really.

But I'd like to agree about Icke, not a fan. I watched his interview with the last Zulu Shaman.
The shaman told Icke that yes, there are reptilians, many different races on earth - about 36 that he knows of.
But they are not alien, they are from here basically - in the sense we are all alien originally, but now from here.
SO Icke ignores this of course and keeps calling reptilians aliens.
He doesn't even listen to the answers to the questions he asks. He just wants to pretend what ever he thinks is right.

posted on Feb, 9 2015 @ 04:16 PM
link   
To everyone saying that sound can not travel through space:

A common misconception, but Space is not a perfect vacuum and can be used to transport sound, even from huge distances.

"It's often said that in space, you can't hear yourself scream. True enough, more or less, but rather misleading. Recently, several SPACE.com readers wrote to ask how a B-flat emanating from a black hole could be detected from 250 million light-years away, as we reported earlier this month.

The answer, along with related interesting facts, reveals that silence is in the ear of the beholder, and ears come in a variety of configurations.

Sound can travel through space, because space is not the total vacuum it's often made out to be. Atoms of gas give the universe a ubiquitous atmosphere of sorts, albeit a very thin one.

Sound, unlike light, travels by compressing a medium. On Earth, the atmosphere works well as a sound-carrying medium, as does water. The planet itself is very adept at transmitting an earthquake's seismic waves, a form of sound.

Space, though not as efficient, can also serve as a medium."

-Space.com (NASA)
edit on 9-2-2015 by mc4denmark because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2015 @ 04:39 PM
link   
I don't believe his Reptillian theory nor some of his other ideas. What does impress me about this "average man who was no good at soccer", is his work exposing the high level / elite paedophile rings. I think he's done a lot of work to expose all sorts of high level corruption. More people are starting to wake up to this, due to some of Ickes work.

The reptile thing is bonkers though...

posted on Mar, 16 2015 @ 10:07 AM
link   
I'm convinced that David Icke is a plant. He was put where he was by the powers that be to discredit genuine theories. He was right about Jimmy Savile, for example, but nobody believed him because of the lizard bull#.

new topics

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16 >>

join