It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This Might Be The Scariest Trail In The World. But You’ll NEVER Guess Where It Leads. Unbelievable

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 7 2014 @ 09:00 PM
link   
Ok, so this is pretty cool and I just read it on one of my friends news feeds...

Anyone in the mood for tea??? Well to get to this tea house, you need to make a trek, a VERY VERY dangerous one, which thousands of people do every year... Below I will show you the pictures from the starting point to the finish... This is truly amazing and the people who do this are either crazy or tea enthusiasts, you be the judge.

We hope you’re not afraid of heights, because this even made our palms sweat. What you see below is a mountain in China called Mt. Hua Shan. At its base, you’ll find a gigantic set of stone stairs, called “the Heavenly Stairs.” These stairs go so high up the mountainside, it’s hard to see where they end. If that wasn’t enough, the precarious stairs lead to the world’s most dangerous trail, the Hua Shan plank path. The plank trail leads high up the Hua Shan mountain just outside the city Xi’an. No one will force you to wear safety gear, although it’s strongly encouraged. The trail itself is dangerous and stunning, but what is at the top will really shock you.

Where it starts...

Another image

As you climb the stairs, you pass little villages and houses that have cropped up on the mountain.

Then, once you get high enough, you can take a gondola to the southern peak, where the plank path awaits.

This is where the path turns truly dangerous, with nothing but planks to walk on and a rail of chains to hold onto.

There’s almost nothing from keeping you from falling.

There are parts you must climb as well, with toe holes cut out.

But, if you’re brave enough to keep climbing…

You’ll find something pretty interesting at the end of your journey.

Thousands of people climb the world’s most dangerous path to end up at a teahouse.

I find this to be a gnarly journey in itself to go to a tea house, I guess the journey must lead to a pretty awesome cup of tea

Has anyone on ATS ever heard of this or better yet, has anyone on ATS ever been to this place? If so, please share your experience!

Mods- Ran a search and the only thing that came up "tea" related was the tea party...hahaha

Source
edit on 7-1-2014 by jhn7537 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2014 @ 09:06 PM
link   
That is pretty awesome, but I will take my keurig tea in my bath robe and watch the video,thank you.

posted on Jan, 7 2014 @ 09:08 PM
link   

kdog1982
That is pretty awesome, but I will take my keurig tea in my bath robe and watch the video,thank you.

Me too, I don't think I have the balls to make that climb. With my luck, I would hit the wrong plank and tumble down to my demise...

posted on Jan, 7 2014 @ 09:10 PM
link   
reply to post by jhn7537

Now THAT, is what I call hardcore.

I love a good cup of tea. There is nothing quite like the first sip of some piping hot english breakfast tea, and if I thought for a moment that the tea served on that mountain would be anything like that, then I would be up for that climb without a shadow of doubt. However, given the propensity of traditional chinese tea to be something totally other than that, I think I will stick with the sort of tea I can brew in my kitchen, in a mug.

I would love a crack at the climb though!

posted on Jan, 7 2014 @ 09:14 PM
link   
reply to post by TrueBrit

Hardcore indeed. I'd be up for the tea drinking, too bad I would wimp out at the climb (unless I'm peer pressured into it)...hahaha

posted on Jan, 7 2014 @ 09:28 PM
link   
Oh waiter? I'll take a Blackhawk with rappelling rope, please....have my Tea warm but not too hot. Just a little steam off the top.

Excuse the noise up there...but heck, I draw the line at wood planks on a vertical drop.

posted on Jan, 7 2014 @ 09:30 PM
link   
reply to post by jhn7537

After all that they had better have some beer and a B&B as I ain't leaving until I've sobered up.

That's insane...but it does look fun.

I wonder how the employees get to work?

posted on Jan, 7 2014 @ 09:36 PM
link   
reply to post by TDawgRex

There are LOADS of logistics questions that come to mind.. Employees and how they get to work? How they get supplies?

I'm sure if you want to avoid the health inspectors you open a restaurant or tea house like they did

posted on Jan, 7 2014 @ 09:40 PM
link   

Wrabbit2000
Oh waiter? I'll take a Blackhawk with rappelling rope, please....have my Tea warm but not too hot. Just a little steam off the top.

Excuse the noise up there...but heck, I draw the line at wood planks on a vertical drop.

For sure, I would make it to that point and be like "hell no".... well, actually, I probably wouldn't trust that gondola ride either, I'm sure that rigged up system isn't up to code, hahaha

posted on Jan, 7 2014 @ 09:41 PM
link   
Great photos!

I had about two panic attacks just looking at this, and it was most interesting.

Nice to see, but I would prefer to stay home, or go somewhere more horizontal.

I can actually picture myself in some childhood nightmare having to walk that plank.
Cool, but no thanks.
Well, maybe if they had a cheap bar at one end of the plank.
edit on 7-1-2014 by halfoldman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2014 @ 09:42 PM
link   
No cup of tea is worth that hike. Unless it's served by Natalie Portman and Keira Knightley in the nude...then maybe....

Still...

I am just not hardcore enough for that, I have little to prove. I am fine with tea on the porch.

posted on Jan, 7 2014 @ 09:44 PM
link   

jhn7537

Wrabbit2000

For sure, I would make it to that point and be like "hell no".... well, actually, I probably wouldn't trust that gondola ride either, I'm sure that rigged up system isn't up to code, hahaha

If I was in my mid twenties, I'm sure I'd give it a go. I was fairly adventerous then. (And somewhat stupid)

But nowadays, I don't think any insurance company would cover that.

posted on Jan, 7 2014 @ 09:45 PM
link   
I'd do it in a New York second....

Wonder if they have anything besides tea?

posted on Jan, 7 2014 @ 09:50 PM
link   
That is totally cool! Never heard of it, and it makes my knees weak just looking at those pics. Yikes!
Vertigo.

edit on 7-1-2014 by Galadriel because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2014 @ 10:08 PM
link   
I'd love to go on that hike, makes me want some tea right now as a matter of fact

EDIT: Just made a kettle of green tea because this thread made me do it!!!

edit on 7-1-2014 by Brotherman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2014 @ 10:10 PM
link   

Brotherman
I'd love to go on that hike, makes me want some tea right now as a matter of fact

I can do a hike, but the planks with iron chains to hold onto is where I say "no thanks"...

posted on Jan, 7 2014 @ 10:23 PM
link   
fear of heights and body freezes locking up on the planks.

Or the person in front of you freezes up and refuses to move.

I wonder how many people get a helo ride down.

faking a heart attack may be a good idea

posted on Jan, 7 2014 @ 10:23 PM
link   
Ya gotta feel for the poor bugger who got stuck with that delivery route.

"Yes ma'am, no problem, we can delivery you 15 cases of Earl Grey tea.... for the low low price of $468,000."

posted on Jan, 7 2014 @ 10:30 PM
link   
reply to post by jhn7537

I've done similar things just for the hell of it just not off the side of a mountain, I enjoy climbing and rappelling I just haven't had much time these last few years to do it like I used to, then again I'm 28 and still ride BMX, Motorcycles, and skateboard when I can. At least falling down there you won't have to worry much about getting back up. Personally the only safety gear I'd take is one of those squirrel suits mwhahahahahaha I've always wanted to try that!

posted on Jan, 7 2014 @ 10:30 PM
link   
Deja vu

Same thread

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join