It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This Might Be The Scariest Trail In The World. But You’ll NEVER Guess Where It Leads. Unbelievable

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 7 2014 @ 10:42 PM
link   
reply to post by six67seven

Boooooooooo!!!!!!

posted on Jan, 7 2014 @ 10:48 PM
link   

Brotherman
reply to post by jhn7537

I've done similar things just for the hell of it just not off the side of a mountain, I enjoy climbing and rappelling I just haven't had much time these last few years to do it like I used to, then again I'm 28 and still ride BMX, Motorcycles, and skateboard when I can. At least falling down there you won't have to worry much about getting back up. Personally the only safety gear I'd take is one of those squirrel suits mwhahahahahaha I've always wanted to try that!

Ok, so you are experienced, which makes sense... I've never attempted anything like that, so the only thing I can picture is me falling down a large cliff...

posted on Jan, 7 2014 @ 11:28 PM
link   
reply to post by jhn7537

Wow, forget the fact you may plummet to your death by your own accord... how may people get taken out like a rack of bowling pins when a wayward traveler from above tumbles downward???

Oh, and this is one of the funniest/wittiest statements I've read on ATS...

"...people who do this are either crazy or tea enthusiasts, you be the judge."

edit on 1/7/2014 by new_here because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2014 @ 12:46 AM
link   
reply to post by kdog1982

I'm with Kdog here, I'll press and brew my caffeinated beverages safely in front of my 60 inch HD TV and see the mountains just as clear.
And if I fall, my couch is an awesome spot to hit.
OOOH new emoticons. ... still not as good as the old ones...

posted on Jan, 8 2014 @ 01:28 AM
link   
reply to post by jhn7537

I would take that journey in a heartbeat.

Looks like an amazing adventure for some awesome tea at the end.

Where do I sign up?

posted on Jan, 8 2014 @ 03:22 AM
link   
Has anyone died trying to make the climb? If not then just goes to show that we in the West are over mollycoddled.

ETA
Apparently it is not easy to find a death toll, this is the closest I came to.
www.ssqq.com...

But it is nice to know "the authorities" are doing something about it

Wikipedia: As tourism has boomed and the mountain's accessibility vastly improved with the installation of the cable car in the 1990s, visitor numbers surged. Despite the safety measures introduced by cutting deeper pathways and building up stone steps and wider paths, as well as adding railings, fatalities continued to occur. The local government has proceeded to open new tracks and created one-way routes on some more hair-raising parts, such that the mountain can be scaled without significant danger now, barring crowds and icy conditions. Some of the most precipitous tracks have actually been closed off. The former trail that led to the South Peak from the North Peak is on a cliff face, and it was known as being extremely dangerous; there is now a new and safer stone-built path to reach the South Peak temple, and on to the Peak itself.
edit on 8/1/14 by Cinrad because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2014 @ 06:45 AM
link   

Wrabbit2000
I'll take a Blackhawk with rappelling rope,

Seeing how they drop out the skys I think il take my chances on the climb

posted on Jan, 8 2014 @ 07:42 AM
link   
Honestly, the one part I would have had psychological trouble with was the gondola.
I could handle the boards and the chains to hang onto. But the gondala? Nope.

posted on Jan, 8 2014 @ 07:45 AM
link   
reply to post by crazyewok

Ahhh... but consider which is really safer?

The Helicopter that pilot crashes in with you....or the wooden planks the makers hear about later for when they finally gave way and consider it trivial info for their day?

I kinda put my faith with the Pilot who goes down with me if he screws up.

Those boards look real thick...but real weathered too. Hmmm... Long way down too... Nope. Sky hook for me, all the way.

By the way?? I saw the route UP..and that looks like pucker factor to the max in a few vertical climb areas. What's the trick for getting DOWN those spots in reverse? Don't tell me it's the manual approach for going back, too? If so, how long do you have for tea to make it up and down in a day? "Hi.. thanks for the Tea! -swallow gulp gulp- Gotta run! Thanks for the memories!"

Love the share though.. This is a great thread to imagine a trip with.

posted on Jan, 8 2014 @ 07:49 AM
link   
reply to post by jhn7537

I got queasy just reading the OP.

SnF for providing a remarkable journey!

posted on Jan, 8 2014 @ 07:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

Oh waiter? I'll take a Blackhawk with rappelling rope, please....have my Tea warm but not too hot. Just a little steam off the top.

I have the Blackhawk and the rope.

You just bring extra shorts.

posted on Jan, 8 2014 @ 07:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Cinrad

Awww... You know how to read into that update, don't you? It means they will end up ruining it by making it "safe" for the 40 people who wouldn't do it otherwise. (sorta like this healthcare thing I know...doubt you've heard of it.
)

posted on Jan, 8 2014 @ 07:56 AM
link   
To all the people who keep saying they'd never try it, I only have one thing to say....

Where is your sense of adventure?

posted on Jan, 8 2014 @ 07:59 AM
link   

TDawgRex
If I was in my mid twenties, I'm sure I'd give it a go. I was fairly adventerous then. (And somewhat stupid)

But nowadays, I don't think any insurance company would cover that.

Now at MY age, I have no worries about the insurance coverage - even given the low probability of accidental injury or impairment.
My thinking is that it would be a great trip until the vertical ascent - I'm sure the scenery is spectacular if one makes the fast descent from there.

ganjoa

edit on 8-1-2014 by ganjoa because: stupid backslash

posted on Jan, 8 2014 @ 08:17 AM
link   
reply to post by CIAGypsy

My sense of adventure is safe and sound, and easily found ...right here in my office chair. It's a mere 2 1/2 feet from Terra Firma with a big floor to land on if I fall out of it somehow.

posted on Jan, 8 2014 @ 08:17 AM
link   
errr... The double post gremlin strikes... Ignore this.
edit on 8-1-2014 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2014 @ 08:47 AM
link   
Those stairs? No problem
The Gondola? No problem
Wooden planks with chain holds? No way no how!
Then toe holds with chain holds? Your out of your mind.
Thank goodness I'm not THAT big of a tea fan.
Not enough to risk death for.

Yep, chicken and proud.

posted on Jan, 8 2014 @ 09:05 AM
link   

CIAGypsy
To all the people who keep saying they'd never try it, I only have one thing to say....

Where is your sense of adventure?

Right next to my cane, bottles of meds.

posted on Jan, 8 2014 @ 09:46 AM
link   

chiefsmom
Those stairs? No problem
The Gondola? No problem
Wooden planks with chain holds? No way no how!
Then toe holds with chain holds? Your out of your mind.
Thank goodness I'm not THAT big of a tea fan.
Not enough to risk death for.

Yep, chicken and proud.

You have to wonder if there's a weight restriction on those wooden planks, similar to roller coasters with "height" as a qualifier. If over this weight, please do not attempt... hahaha... And I wouldn't be so sure about those gondola rides, I'm sure the inspectors haven't been out there in some time to make sure it's up to code... I equate this to walking up to some abandoned wooden bridge in the middle of the jungle. Does it probably work fine? sure, but I'm not going to be the guinea pig for it...hahahaa

posted on Jan, 8 2014 @ 10:08 AM
link   
Great pics, thanks.

But the height and ledge! YOU CAN HAVE ALL MY NOPES!
Nope,nope nope! I was getting dizzy looking at them and I felt my back side sucking sheets. But they are amazing.

Star for a good write up. Thanks.

Edit! What happened to emoticons? Just saw it. But that looks like another thread.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join