It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

For the sake of argument, let’s admit that God exists.

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 8 2014 @ 04:12 PM
link   
reply to post by spy66

You dont know how God works.

Let me guess..in mysterious ways?

posted on Jan, 8 2014 @ 04:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Aphorism

Why have you filled your life full of tedious, boring book reading?

posted on Jan, 8 2014 @ 04:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Itisnowagain

Well, ideologies are only idiotic with respect to the fact that being ideologies makes them a bit imaginary.
The sad truth is what makes ideologies/beliefs bad are humans. Just as communism relied on everyone being better, it resulted in greedy people screwing it up. The same is true for religion - it doesn't teach violence in general. On the contrary, it tells you to be a better person. However, some religion is taught from overly religious people and this results in disasters. And the fact that humans are divided is again our fault - this is nature. Wanting to separate yourself. And the very existence of countries and nations isn't helping us overcome that.

edit on 8-1-2014 by Godzilla123 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2014 @ 04:22 PM
link   

Much of the tedious stuff was required curriculum. A lot of it was because I thought it would make me smarter. But now I won't read anything that doesn't have at least some artistic beauty.

posted on Jan, 8 2014 @ 04:23 PM
link   

Aphorism
reply to post by spy66

You dont know how God works.

Let me guess..in mysterious ways?

Well you are here to argue against, so you should know the answer to that.

You know the answer is no. And every one else knows.

Why do you even ask such stupid Things?

posted on Jan, 8 2014 @ 04:32 PM
link   

Aphorism

Much of the tedious stuff was required curriculum. A lot of it was because I thought it would make me smarter.
That is honest and imho obvious.

But now I won't read anything that doesn't have at least some artistic beauty.

Like what? Can you recommend any thing?
What do you read that makes your mouth water? What do you find delicious?
edit on 8-1-2014 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2014 @ 04:34 PM
link   
Itisnowagain
vethumanbeing

veteranhumanbeing
Gaining self awareness afterdeath? is TOO LATE.

ItsnowagainWhat is 'after'? What is 'death'? They are concepts, ideas arising 'now'as 'life'.

veteranhumanbeingNow you speaking platitudes. I can tell you what is 'after' this physical existance as Ive experienced it living NOW in physical form.

ItsnowagainIt may seem like a platitude if one has not understood the question. When was it that you experienced after? Experience can only happen presently (now). What is 'after'? What is 'death'? They are concepts, ideas arising 'now'
as 'life'.

Its interpreted as a platitude because you seem to be giving out irrelevant information that appears to be designed as obtuse and confusing to the layman. How do I experience the afterlife; when I experience myself in a non-physical matter reality punctually; as in everyday, I leave this body and travel in spiritform.This has nothing to do with the demise of a physical body. There is no death of spirit (unless you cannot be rehabilitated from negative leanings/destructiveness). After, is no concept at all, I know what it is. Incarnation on this Earth planet GAME of Physical Matter Reality is an opportunity to speed up ones soul progression *and the cues are very long in waiting times to experience this world* by non physical beings off planet (that is all).

Itsnowagain
Death is an idea that arises in life - just as sleep is an idea that arises in wakefulness. An 'idea' is a 'concept' - just a thought.

Physical death is a given and the human fears it as the falseness of this precept is not adequately explained to the masses. You are a fan of Krishnamurti, so am I, however your disapline is different from mine is all; point being trying to make a connection.
edit on 8-1-2014 by vethumanbeing because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2014 @ 04:38 PM
link   
reply to post by vethumanbeing

I don't see that the soul has to progress - to what?
Wholeness, completeness is already the case - what is required?

What do you consider 'soul'?

posted on Jan, 8 2014 @ 04:50 PM
link   

itsallgonenow

If I believe in god and you don't and he does not exist, I lose nothing. But If I am right and I believe in god and you don't, you lose everything.

Unless you believe in the wrong god. Across the various belief systems on the planet there's over 700 to choose from.

posted on Jan, 8 2014 @ 04:52 PM
link   
Itisnowagain
reply to post by vethumanbeing

Itsnowagain I don't see that the soul has to progress - to what?
Wholeness, completeness is already the case - what is required?
What do you consider 'soul'?

Then why are you here? You should be in the arms of the Absolute Unbounded Oneness; as in never left its dominion. Soul? life spirit, that which lives in and powers your heart chakra (radiation). If you were whole you wouldnt be here experiencing physical reality, because its really not necessary unless you volunteered to be human for a reason (youve never read Dantes Inferno).

posted on Jan, 8 2014 @ 04:56 PM
link   

vethumanbeing[/i

Then why are you here?
That is the point - here is what there is. Here is what I am/this is.

You should be in the arms of the Absolute Unbounded Oneness; as in never left its dominion.

There is ONLY the one. Nothing is outside the one.

posted on Jan, 8 2014 @ 05:15 PM
link   

Aphorism

And this is what I think is the problem with making an incomplete proposition. The question should be (in my opinion), "what do unicorns exist as?". How can we talk about unicorns if there wasn't something of unicorns that existed to talk about? For instance, it would be impossible for me to describe a color or shape that doesn't exist. Yet I can describe a unicorn exactly. I think it best to admit that "something" of the unicorn exists, and that we should describe what that is.

Yes a problem with making incomplete propositions.

Describe God.

Even in the scriptures God is not described to be "an abstract concept".

Shouldn't one try to know God before one describes God?
An existing colour and shape you have not yet experienced (and do not know) you cannot describe.

Aphorism
I am strictly talking about entirely abstract, not concrete, concepts. I believe that abstract concepts exist as abstract concepts, and therefor should be shown to be abstract concepts before any other considerations are taken.

How is it you determine what is an abstract concept?

You have described God as a word in the scriptures, and yet in your proposition not as a word in the scriptures, as an entirely abstract concept, a word void of meaning out of the scriptures.
Isn't that just your personal denial of God.

edit on 8-1-2014 by BDBinc because: A AA

link   

I could read these over and over again. They influence me deeply. They are my favourite teachers.

The Essays of Michel de Montaigne. All of Nietzsche. All of Ralph Waldo Emerson. All of Voltaire. All of Plato. The essays of Schopenhauer. All of Oscar Wilde. Lucretius. Essays of Percy Bysshe Shelley. Shakespeare. Kierkegaard. Wittgenstein.

Most of these are available for free online.

link   

vethumanbeing
If you were whole you wouldnt be here experiencing physical reality, because its really not necessary unless you volunteered to be human for a reason.

Wholeness is.
However, when there seems to be someone looking for it - it remains hidden.

posted on Jan, 8 2014 @ 05:17 PM
link   

Thank you.
I will have a look sometime.

posted on Jan, 8 2014 @ 05:20 PM
link   

What do you think about Spinozas view?

The world is not God, but it is, in a strong sense, "in" God. Not only do finite things have God as their cause; they cannot be conceived without God.

posted on Jan, 8 2014 @ 05:27 PM
link   

Schopenhauer, eh? He sort of gives the world a beautiful brutality in a way. If you like the Germans, Friedrich Schiller's letters "On the Aesthetic Education of Man" might be to your liking too. They are straightforward, and also the conclusions are semi-expected, but his thesis that art is a powerful tool for the inspiration of virtue is an essential truth of civics in my opinion. If you are at all interested in the arts, it is a must.

posted on Jan, 8 2014 @ 05:52 PM
link   
Itisnowagain

ItisnowagainWhy have you filled your life full of tedious, boring book reading?

You are admitting you were an actual orally trained student of J. Krisnamurtis; and never read his published musings/thoughts?

posted on Jan, 8 2014 @ 06:01 PM
link   
Itisnowagain
veteranhumanbeing

veteranhumanbeing Then why are you here?

Itisnowagain
That is the point - here is what there is. Here is what I am/this is

No here is an illusion; a virtual world you have the capacity to create drama day to day. Its not real. Here is not there, here is physical fake moviedome for you to progress your soul.

veteranhumanbeingYou should be in the arms of the Absolute Unbounded Oneness; as in never left its dominion.

Itsnowagain There is ONLY the one. Nothing is outside the one.

Then how would you define yourself; as the ONE (or a partical of) living on earth incarnate? Does the One live here or as a field of 1s and 0s with dim conscious awarness trying to express or explain/define itself to itself using you as a subset of awareness to do so?

posted on Jan, 8 2014 @ 07:19 PM
link   

Text The question isn’t whether God exists or not, but how it exists—or more clearly—what it exists as. What is it we are talking about in regards to “God”?

I believe that what you have described is called Theology or at least that is my understanding of your entire thread.

What if I believed that God created all of what we are experiencing and asked God to show the world exactly who He is? What if God did as I asked and presented Himself to the entire world? Do you believe that would satisfy the world? Do you believe that all people would then come together in unity and love?

What if all of this happened and this generation passed away; do you then think that we would not have the very same hate and division in the next generation that we have now? Theology is a wonderful mindset. You can make it go away or you can make it happen. Depends on just how you want it to be. Add a little here and take away a little there and then set back and see what your mind created. Yep, that's what I call theology.

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join