It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

For the sake of argument, let’s admit that God exists.

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 7 2014 @ 04:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Itisnowagain

I thought it is more thought out and logical than the rest. The trouble with it is his use of modes, extensions and substance, which don't mean what we would usually think they mean.

posted on Jan, 7 2014 @ 04:48 PM
link   

Aphorism

I thought it is more thought out and logical than the rest. The trouble with it is his use of modes, extensions and substance, which don't mean what we would usually think they mean.

I could be read like the bible - interpreted in many ways -but points toward the one.

posted on Jan, 7 2014 @ 04:55 PM
link   

Aphorism
The trouble with it is his use of modes, extensions and substance, which don't mean what we would usually think they mean.

What do they normally mean? And what does he mean?

posted on Jan, 7 2014 @ 04:56 PM
link   

Or it could be interpreted to say God and the universe are one and the same. The body, it's emotions, the mind, his awareness, are all one and the same.

posted on Jan, 7 2014 @ 04:57 PM
link   

I am not a philosophy professor. You've already mentioned you did your own research. He defines his words in his book.

posted on Jan, 7 2014 @ 04:59 PM
link   

Aphorism

Or it could be interpreted to say God and the universe are one and the same. The body, it's emotions, the mind, his awareness, are all one and the same.

So what are you?

posted on Jan, 7 2014 @ 05:03 PM
link   

I think you've called me a troll once or twice. I'll settle for that.

posted on Jan, 7 2014 @ 05:04 PM
link   
reply to post by BDBinc

Sure . Where did I first learn what about God?

Anything.

posted on Jan, 7 2014 @ 05:29 PM
link   
JayinAR
Itisnowagain

Itisnowagain
Awareness does not need to grow - it just has not recognized itself and thinks/believes there is something other.

JayinARI agree. And I think the question "does he exist?" will finally be put to bed when we discover awareness existing after death. Or maybe even when we discover awareness floating in thin air.

Does whom exist? This isnt about 'awareness' AT ALL its about your spirit soul that resides in your human body (heart/mind) and recognising yourself as AUOs expression as an eternal radioactive energyforce that is a pink SELF energizing bunny would demonstrate or help 'metaphorically'. Gaining self awareness afterdeath? is TOO LATE.

posted on Jan, 7 2014 @ 05:33 PM
link   

vethumanbeing
Gaining self awareness afterdeath? is TOO LATE.

What is 'after'? What is 'death'? They are concepts, ideas arising 'now' as 'life'.

posted on Jan, 7 2014 @ 05:37 PM
link   
Itisnowagain
JayinAR
Itisnowagain

Itisknowagain
Awareness does not need to grow - it just has not recognized itself and thinks/believes there is something other

JayinAR
I agree. And I think the question "does he exist?" will finally be put to bed when we discover awareness existing after death. Or maybe even when we discover awareness floating in thin air.

ItisnowagainIt is the mind which doubts the existence of that which it appears in.

What mind, that would be the EGO overlay construct that preserves the self out of fear for its existance; and its wily ways of protecting itself (castle building/moats infested by alligator barracades), or philisophical, religious or scientific Dogma Halls of teaching institutions.
edit on 7-1-2014 by vethumanbeing because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2014 @ 05:39 PM
link   

vethumanbeing
What mind, that would be the EGO overlay construct that preserves the self out of fear for its existance; and its wily ways of protecting itself (castle building/mote barracades).

Yes the imagined/illusionary separate self that does not exist.

posted on Jan, 7 2014 @ 05:49 PM
link   
Itisnowagain

vethumanbeing
What mind, that would be the EGO overlay construct that preserves the self out of fear for its existance; and its wily ways of protecting itself (castle building/mote barracades).

ItisnowagainYes the imagined/illusionary separate self that does not exist.

Here is the percieved problem, you cannot expect others to understand your NOW one sentence rotes; I know how to unwind them as in Im trying to explain your perspective and you keep retreating. The imagined self Ego is reactionary and why wouldnt it have cause to be aggressive and create another fake out position (it percieves a threat and wants to preserve itself). "I am actually a clam" but project myself as a Spartan Warrior.
edit on 7-1-2014 by vethumanbeing because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2014 @ 05:58 PM
link   

Aphorism
reply to post by BDBinc

Sure . Where did I first learn what about God?

Anything.

What do you mean?
... anything?

posted on Jan, 7 2014 @ 06:01 PM
link   
reply to post by BDBinc

From where did you first hear anything about God?

posted on Jan, 7 2014 @ 06:06 PM
link   

Itisnowagain

vethumanbeing
Gaining self awareness afterdeath? is TOO LATE.

What is 'after'? What is 'death'? They are concepts, ideas arising 'now'
as 'life'.

Now you speaking platitudes. I can tell you what is 'after' this physical existance as Ive experienced it living NOW in physical form. Death concept is fear based; its only the decomposition of ones life vehicle after your eternal spirit vacates it. Of course the body degenerates. Body demise doesnt equivicate to a death of the personality/spirit of the individual. You know this. EGO based FEAR; what do the major religions try to teach, this is just a stage play, not real, a kingdom (in heaven) awaits you in the higher dimensions. Of course; but as you say we are all aware of this because awareness permeates like a cold rain in the dog days of summer.

posted on Jan, 7 2014 @ 06:26 PM
link   
reply to post by BDBinc

Why do you refuse to answer? Is it because you know the answer but refuse to admit it?

Did God introduce himself? Did God come shake your hand? Surely you didn't imagine him in your mind out of thin air.

Or maybe you first learned of him from human expression?

posted on Jan, 7 2014 @ 07:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Aphorism

Scripture is all written based on inspiration; said to be the Word of God. Jesus walked the Earth to forfill scripture.

How can any of us prove a inspiration physically to you? That is something you must find within Your self.

There are other ways to prove to Your self that God exists. But that would demand some Scientific understanding from Your part.

You could start With asking Your self if the infinite exists. Either it does or it dosent. If you Accept it. How did the infinite form finite existance when the infinite is a absolute constant?

I can Challenge you on this, but i know you will reject the fact in the end, because you wouldnt understand. Because you are already proving it, that you dont.
edit on 27.06.08 by spy66 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2014 @ 10:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Indigent

First off, you don't HAVE to agree with ANY atheist. Second off, the Two Witnesses are here, the Mark of the Beast has come, and you are equally as condemned as the next person unless you acknowledge the truth! The Pharisees were convinced that they KNEW God, yet, when He was right in front of their faces, they could not recognize Him, thus leading to His crucifixion. Your desire to attack somebody who chooses NOT to believe in God, is called the "Protestant" spirit. You are certainly thinking right now, "I am saved so I will not go to hell." Well, Jesus had something quite different to say about those who proclaim themselves as "saved."
Jesus said:
“Let him who says “he is saved”, be called ‘a liar’, and ‘a thief’ – for that is 'stealing away' My Own Judgment; and because, the soul does not really know, if they are saved, or not – then it is the sin of presumption. To presume something, is a falsehood, and a lie."
(-Jesus, Saturday, August 21, 2010)
Salvation is NOT obtained so easily! Especially in these times, where EVERYBODY has been indoctrinated with "falsities."
It is quite easy to point out the splinter in your brothers eye, and miss the beam sticking out of your own. When you have finished eating chocolate covered poop in your doctrines, you may then want to consider seeking out truth by becoming as a child as Jesus commanded. Meaning, wiping the slate clean; clearing your mind from all doctrines and teachings that have been battered into you. Are you uncomfortable yet? Perhaps you feel this immense amount of heat welling up inside of you. That is a "Protestant" spirit. It would be in your best interest to reject it. When you are ready, you could go to www.testimonyofthetwowitnesses.com
Jesus has A LOT to say to this world, and it is NOT good! Judgment is coming down and I certainly hope that you are all ready to meet your maker. (Trust me, I speak out of experience. This is no joke!)

posted on Jan, 7 2014 @ 10:41 PM
link   
reply to post by rickymouse

Well, if that were the case, the names would be endless as this world has the "Pharaoh Syndrome" and made themselves gods in their own eyes.

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join