It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cuts to Military Pensions;Welfare for Illegals !

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 24 2013 @ 03:03 PM
link   
A search didn't bring this up. I realize the reports we read are usually biased one way or another, but why would we support welfare benefits for illegals, and cut military pensions??
Why aren't cuts being made to politicians benefits??!!!

Whether it’s sequestration, Obamacare, or the debt ceiling, Democrats love to resort to demagoguery to make Republicans look like the bad guys.

But when all but one of the Democrats in the US Senate voted to save welfare for illegals at the expense of military pensions, it became obvious that their priorities are the ones that are extremely out of touch with the rest of America.

This was all part of the Ryan-Murray budget deal that was voted on earlier this week.

RightWingNews.com reports:
Senate Republicans were unable to stop military pension cuts when Senate Democrats blocked a vote on an amendment to prevent the cuts by closing a welfare loophole for illegal immigrants Tuesday evening
The two-year budget deal brokered by Senate Budget Committee Chairwoman Patty Murray and House Budget Committee Chairman Paul Ryan, would cut military pensions by $6 billion over ten years, leaving some Senate Republicans scrambling to stop the cuts.
In 2011, the Treasury Inspector General for Tax Administration found that “individuals who are not authorized to work in the United States” and therefore did not have a valid Social Security number were still able to obtain billions in Additional Child Tax Credits by filing returns with an Individual Taxpayer Identification Number.

Senator Roger Wicker (R-MS) sponsored an amendment that would save the military pensions by closing the loophole that allows illegal aliens to benefit from taxpayer money.

Senator Jeff Sessions (R-AL) announced that he would cosponsor the amendment, saying, “Removing this unbalanced treatment of our military retirees ought to be one of the key actions we should take before this legislation moves forward. In fact, greater savings than this can be achieved by passing a legislative fix recommended by the Inspector General of the U.S. Treasury that would stop the IRS from improperly providing tax credits to illegal aliens.”

169 Republicans in the House and 12 in the Senate voted to stick it to veterans and keep giving welfare to illegal immigrants.
edit on 2u33America/Chicago311 by nugget1 because: (no reason given)

LINK:
conservativetribune.com...
edit on 200000044America/Chicago311 by nugget1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 24 2013 @ 03:10 PM
link   

nugget1
A search didn't bring this up. I realize the reports we read are usually biased one way or another, but why would we support welfare benefits for illegals, and cut military pensions??
Why aren't cuts being made to politicians benefits??!!!

Because military veterans are angry and won't vote to keep these clowns in office.

Illegals will.

posted on Dec, 24 2013 @ 03:24 PM
link   
If the veterans benefits were such a concern of the Republicans then why didn't they put them back into the bill before voting for it? The person that wrote the article must have forgot the bills go from the house to the Senate. Paul Ryan drafted it and John Boehner pushed it through. I guess getting home for the holiday was more important than them doing their jobs.

posted on Dec, 24 2013 @ 03:32 PM
link   
Surely the U.S doesn't hand money over to illegal immigrants?

Maybe to immigrants who have been granted leave to remain, but if it were paying illegal immigrants, why not arrest them when they go along to collect the money?

TPTB have a penchant of villainising certain sections of society and we tend to fall in line on hating on each other and not unite against them. Never mind, maybe one day?

posted on Dec, 24 2013 @ 03:49 PM
link   
reply to post by nugget1

How about including the link so everyone can read the article for themselves?
Thanks.
If this is true it's an abomination.

posted on Dec, 24 2013 @ 03:49 PM
link   
reply to post by nugget1

I pitched a fit about this a week ago. And then the Duck Dynasty flap hit the airwaves.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

That nonsense has diverted peoples attention away from what really matters. I hope this issue does not go away until it's fixed. Keep banging that drum!

posted on Dec, 24 2013 @ 03:52 PM
link   
Rarely do I ever agree, in part, with buster on anything. On this I do, somewhat. Before I head out for my one day off, I wish everyone peace, happiness, and some spark of joy...may your holiday be great. Completly out of character, the republicans basicly dumped a large percentage of their voting base, threw them under the bus and everyone knows it, but why? the dems have proven their not to be trusted, now the repubs? what used to be the responsible voice in the room just blew out a plume of crack smoke and said something not at all expected by the very people whom voted for them....why? what do these manicured pencil pushers know that we dont? you just do not do these things...its like a dem voting for a tax cut, not normal, not at all. What the heck is going on? I will not speculate as there could be many things, but this is insanity at historical proportions, and people that are paying taxes and attention are watching very closely.....

posted on Dec, 24 2013 @ 03:53 PM
link   

buster2010
If the veterans benefits were such a concern of the Republicans then why didn't they put them back into the bill before voting for it? The person that wrote the article must have forgot the bills go from the house to the Senate. Paul Ryan drafted it and John Boehner pushed it through. I guess getting home for the holiday was more important than them doing their jobs.

Good question.

I guess the GOP leadership is all talk and no spine. Hypocrites!

posted on Dec, 24 2013 @ 04:01 PM
link   

beezzer

buster2010

Good question.

I guess the GOP leadership is all talk and no spine. Hypocrites!

The GOP leadership care nothing about vets benefits they are just using it to complain about illegals. They are saying that illegals will use the Individual Taxpayer Identification Number to get benefits here is the catch to that. You have to have a valid tax return to get a Individual Taxpayer Identification Number. So these people are paying into the system so if they are paying then why should they not have access to benefits?

posted on Dec, 24 2013 @ 04:07 PM
link   
I read that a Private with less than two years recieves almost $40,000.00 annually and damn near [Snip]'ed myself. That is nowhere close. You can look up the payscales here. PV1 under two years base pay is 1491 x 12 = 17,892.00...before taxes.

militarypay.defense.gov...

Of course when you add the medical care, houseing and meals (if your single) and educational benefits, you might be approaching that. But not to many Servicemembers have the opportunity to take advantage of everything. Deployments, Training, Injuries have a tendency to get in the way quite often.

Our Congress critters are still doing what they do best. Tell half truths and give mis-leading info.

And just to put the cherry on top, it is not only a breach of contract but a breach of faith as well. If this bill is not repealed I see lawsuits out the wahzoo in the future.

I've mentioned before, why don't they offer retirees a one time buy out but keeps VA, GI Bill, etc intact.

Based upon a retirees time in service, offer a one time payment of 25% based of what would be made over a twenty year period. I myself wouldn't take it, but I bet there are a lot of retirees that would.

posted on Dec, 24 2013 @ 04:07 PM
link   
reply to post by buster2010

If they are here illegally, how did they get Social Security Numbers?

posted on Dec, 24 2013 @ 04:09 PM
link   
The basic reason for this is that military veterans have already served their purpose.
Illegals on welfare will serve another purpose.

Politicians do not reward service and loyalty.
They get leverage for what they are planning to do in the future.

posted on Dec, 24 2013 @ 04:11 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

Don't ask silly questions...silly rabbit.

They probably got them from Target. It's the holiday season and all.

posted on Dec, 24 2013 @ 04:13 PM
link   

They should not be here in the first place, illegal, for every illegal (and their families) it brings your value as an employee down while increasing your cost of living in every aspect (supply/demand). you want to talk of a living wage, never happen with wide open borders, (supply/demand) crap jobs would pay good if there was more jobs than applicants, but the estimated 11-20 million job seekers vaporizes that possibility. Sad thing is the applicant ratio of american to non american, way the hell off balance....screwed comes to mind.....

(post by bjax9er removed for political trolling and baiting)

posted on Dec, 24 2013 @ 04:29 PM
link   

Asktheanimals
reply to post by nugget1

How about including the link so everyone can read the article for themselves?
Thanks.
If this is true it's an abomination.

I thought I had...I guess I still don't know how to 'link' things.
I made it work on one post, but not on this...
*sigh*
Do they have a course before 'Computer 101'?

conservativetribune.com...

I did it!! Yeah!
edit on 200000044America/Chicago311 by nugget1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 24 2013 @ 04:31 PM
link   
reply to post by nugget1

Is this it?

[url=http://dailycaller.com/2013/12/18/senate-dems-block-amendment-to-restore-veteran-benefits-by-closing-illegal-immigrant-welfare-loophole/]Linky[/ url]
edit on 24-12-2013 by beezzer because: (no reason given)

Oh great! Now I can't do links!
edit on 24-12-2013 by beezzer because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 24 2013 @ 04:39 PM
link   

beezzer

If they are here illegally, how did they get Social Security Numbers?

o they file under the tax number that their American born children have?
Are there special ways for Illegals to file?
Hmmm.....This needs further investigation.

posted on Dec, 24 2013 @ 04:39 PM
link   
Here's a idea. Lets get rid of half the bloated Officer Corps. A O-10 (4-star) make more in one month than a Private does all year. 19239.90 monthly base pay.

Do we need Generals, yes we do...but we have entirely to many at the moment. They're doing jobs that LTC's used to do.

I remember at one time it was stated that there were more Generals just in Baghdad than there were in WW2 throughout the world.

posted on Dec, 24 2013 @ 04:48 PM
link   

badgerprints
The basic reason for this is that military veterans have already served their purpose.
Illegals on welfare will serve another purpose.

Politicians do not reward service and loyalty.
They get leverage for what they are planning to do in the future.

Politicians reward themselves quite handsomely.
I think all the bickering is for the public's benefit...both parties seem to have the same agenda anymore, they are just taking different routs to get us there.
Land of the free? Not so much.
Land of the brave? Only time will tell.
Please, nobody say vote them out! We tried to vote Nixon out, remember? Bush Jr. and Obama would never have had second terms if our votes really counted.
In order to stop a corrupt system, we would have to put an end to what is corrupting it, and nobody would want to stop Big Business.
What to do; what to do....

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join