It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The 10,000 year old civilization which was more advanced than us

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+21 more 
posted on Nov, 19 2004 @ 12:46 PM
link   
Hi fellas,
I am new on this message board, and came here to discuss a fascinating topic, not much talked about in recent times.

Like the writers David Hatcher Childress and John Burrows, I have a belief that a

civilization, much more superior and scientific has existed prior to our present day

civilization, which was extiginguished by a Nuclear War.

I m providing all the links at the bottom of the discussion, from where i got my facts.

I would like to point out some facts:
(90% of all this comes from the Ancient Indian Scriptures)

1) There were 7 "Rishi" cities on this planet during the Rama Empire i.e. around 10,000

years back. These cities naturally included that of Mohan Jodaro, Harrappa, Atlantis (as a

matter of factual guessing. The rest four are yet to be discovered I believe).

2) We are all aware of the advancement of these civilizations and their well planned cities.

The Mohan Jodaro was much more well planned than 95% cities in pakistan and india as of

today.

3) We have the old scriptures still with us, thousands of them, which talk about immensly

advanced Aeronautics and weapons. The aftermath of a Nuclear explosion is also well

explained in these scriptures. "Those who faced the explosion were charred beyond

recognition. Those who escaped, lost their hairs and nails, and soldiers would jump into

rivers and streams to ged rid of the contamination."

4) Aviation technology is some of the most well explained scientific developments of the

earlier times. You even find diagrams and procedure on how to make an aeroplane that would

be propelled by "Anti-Gravity". The engine used mercury in some way for anti gravity. We all

know about the recently discovered Podkletnov effect, where a superconductor rotated at very

high RPMs causes objects to loose weight by nearly 2%, that are brought over it.
Mercury, chilled to extreme temperature would act as a superconductor.

(please read the links in order to learn more about these, i would recommend the one written

by John Burrows as a starter.)

Now to explain what I m trying to say, I will do that by giving a practical example.

Suppose some time in near future, we face a nuclear war between the giant nations of the

world. Initially some cities will be destroyed, but the war would continue, and so would the

nuclear devastation. Finally 90% of the civilization will be charred to death. Out of the

remaining 10% who have survived, many may not survive the Nuclear winter, that will follow

the nuclear war (Nuclear winter is caused due to the blockage of sunlight reaching the

earth, due to the Nuclear Dust).

Now the remaining few will look forward to re-estabilishing the Human civilization once

again. Slowly the phoenix will rise from its ashes. People will start by trying to grow

crops. What I mean is, even those people who might have been scientists once upon a time,

will eventually work as farmers. Suppose this once-upon-a-time-scientist believes that,

since he cannot teach his sons what he knew, he would rather document it. He would document

his profession, his life, and basic sciences for the generation to come. But unfortunately

after a few more generations following him, his written manuscripts make little sense to his

grand grand sons and daughters. They are more busy growing crops and trading with the

remaining survivors, who are separated by miles. EVentually what happens is that the science

is long forgotten, and those few who retain it, are known as black magicians, sorcerrors and

Holy Preists.

The year is 2300, but what we see is a civilization, living in a kind of stone age.

I think I have made my point.

Also look at this fact:
In 1 AD, kings fought with horses and swords. In 500 AD, the same thing... they fought with

horses and swords, in 1000 AD, once again the same thing. In 1500 AD, hardly any changes...
But then in 2000 AD????

If 500 years are all it takes for estabilishing the "MODERN WORLD OF SCIENCE", then wasn't

it possible that the advanced civilization of Atlantis and Mohen Jodaro also went through

similar advancements, until ultimately the Nuclear weapons got invented? Not only is it

possible, but is the truth. A truth that has been well documented in sanskrit text

scriptures.
Just imagine how could a 5000 year old scripture describe accurately the present day rocket

as: "A craft that flew on a ray of light (jet engine) and made the sound of a thunder"

If you take the scenario i described earlier, then if a "modern day farmer" was to write a

manuscript after surviving a nuclear war, then i think exactly this would have also been his

words to describe a present day rocket.

If you read the documents, you will realise that eventually the anti gravity technology made

the breakthrough in flying, where a craft could TAKE OFF vertically and LAND vertically. The

construction of these ships are also explained in detail. Only if we could decipher the

elements that were used for making the aircraft and its engine, we could replicate the craft

that they used.

The Vedic traditions of India tell us that we are now in the Fourth Age of mankind. The

Vedas call them the "The Golden Age", "The Silver Age", and "The Bronze Age" and we are now,

according to their scriptures in the "The Iron Age".

The person who actually proves this theory is David W. Davenport.

In 1979 a book by David W. Davenport, an Englishman born in India, was published in Italy.

Its title was 2000 AC Diztruzione Atomica, Atomic Destruction 2000. BC. Davenport claimed to

have proof that Mohenjo Daro, one of the oldest cities in the history of human civilization,

had been destroyed by an atomic bomb. Davenport shows that the ruined site known as the

place of death by archaeologists was not formed by gradual decay.

Originally Mohenjo Daro, which is more than 5000 years old, lay on two islands in the Indus.

Within a radius of 1.5 km Davenport demonstrates three different degrees of devastation

which spread from the center outwards. Enormous heat unleashed total destruction at the

center. Thousands of lumps, christened �black stones� by archaeologists, turned out to be

fragments of clay vessels which had melted into each other in the extreme heat. The

possibility of a volcanic eruption is excluded because there is no hardened lava or volcanic

ash in or near Mohenjo Daro. Davenport assumed that the brief intensive heat reached 2000

degree C. It made the ceramic vessels melt.

He further says that in the suburbs of Mohenjo Daro skeletons of people lying flat on the

ground, often hand in hand were found, as if the living had been suddenly overcome by an

unexpected catastrophe.

In spite of the interdisciplinary possibilities, archaeology works solely by traditional

methods in Mohenjo Daro. They ought to use the former, for it would produce results. If

flying machines and a nuclear explosion as the cause of the ruins are excluded out of hand,

there can be no research by enlarged teams with physicists, chemists, metallurgists, etc.

anyway... here are the links:
www.ufoevidence.org...
(most links are here only, check out the one by John Burrows)

posted on Nov, 19 2004 @ 01:03 PM
link   
Nope.

First off, welcome to the board...

We've been digging at Harrappa for quite some time, and haven't turned up ANYTHING "advanced".

As for Atlantis, the civilization was either 900 or 9000 years old by the time Plato heard of it (depending on which translation), and Plato's Dialoge does NOT mention advanced tech (despite what many think...) Read it yourself and you'll see. (plenty of links in most Atlantis threads)

much more superior and scientific has existed prior to our present day civilization

Really, so, even in the event of a nuclear war, we should find remains of skyscrapers? Why haven't we? Surely some would have survived, for us to be here? Did they all suddenly "forget" the knowledge? One thing we've seen, is that the more we advance, we find better and better ways for our legacy to live on. We have developed ways to preserve our artifacts for thousands of years, why didn't they? Where is the evidence of their highways? What about plastics?

As for the rebuilding, some basics would have been retained, even to grow crops. Metal-working would still be done, and VERY soon, Mr. Scientist would have gotten a working steam engine going to aid in the farm work. Likewise, he would have been quick to harness electricity from solar, wind, water sources, etc. to make life a little easier, and to help the crops.

Meteor impacts behave VERY similar to atomic blasts if large enough. We can see this in places like Tunguska.

SOMETHING, no matter how inane, would have survived from such a civilization. We have nothing. SOME advanced knowledge would have survived, and we'd see a drastically different timeline for inventions. We don't, it's quite linear. The evidence doesn't fit, nor does the logic for it...

[edit on 19-11-2004 by Gazrok]

posted on Nov, 19 2004 @ 01:10 PM
link   
If there was a nuclear catastrophe, why isn't there any residual radiation?

And the "vrimanas" -- there isn't anything at all that describes their propulsion system; all the stuff I read at your links is simply guesses by modern day UFO-ologists.

Sorry. I think there are a lot of undiscovered things under the sun, but there's no hard evidence for a mohenjo-daro or harappan civilization with advanced technology.

posted on Nov, 19 2004 @ 01:11 PM
link   
And thats how most of them turn it down.

This has been an attitude not only by you, but maximum out there.
I hate to say this, but the WTC were reduced down to a pile of dust by two airliners...

What would have remained out of them even after 1000 years?

No scripture is written "IN HAND" for no reason. You believe in Bible don't you? You believe in Jesus don't you? Would you disregard his existence and power just because you have no visual proof remaining?

Well... as I say... its mind set. We believe that technological advancement has been linear.

Now if in 500 years we could develop so much... they existed centuries back.

And yes about the Mr. Scientist... a nuclear winter will last for years!!! Its unlikely he will come out of his hiding place soon to do any kind of show biz work apart from filling his stomach.

[edit on 19-11-2004 by CaptainRon]

posted on Nov, 19 2004 @ 01:40 PM
link   
Off_the_street,
i think u posted without reading much.
They were propelled by a yellowish orangish fuel, which has been indentified as a compound of mercury.
Everything is well documented out there!!! You just need to lay down ur ego to believe them...

There still exist the PILOT MANUALS called "Saubhika Shastra". Saubhika's were the pilots/cosmonauts.
Secondly, if you haven't read properly, the russians in Gobi dessert found some aeronautical instruments dating back 1000's of years.

And let me tell you a fact,
An indian scientist has successfully developed an glass like material by studying the vimanika shastra, which can render fighter aircraft un detectable. The indian aeronautical institute is already working on this and plan to implement it on their upcomming stealth fighter project which will be made jointly with russia.
Article no. 18 on the page:
www.stephen-knapp.com...

I am an indian and also the author of the Military Aviation website called www.iron-eagles.co.nr , and this was one reason that i have studied this matter so closely.

The chinese ppl found a sanskrit book in Lhasa, which when translated was a COMPLETE DOCUMENT ON ANTI GRAVITY. They are using it on their space program, and have openly admitted on working on anti gravity.

There is a tendency of the west to disregard anything that over shadows their ego.
Anyway, I look forward to some more matured comments on the subject.

posted on Nov, 19 2004 @ 01:43 PM
link   
In the early 1950's during the saucer scare and just after Roswell, several of the United States' largest defense contractors were working on anti-gravity propulsion systems. This they admitted publicly at the time!

Then in the late 50's they clammed up..TOTALLY! This coincides nicely with a general securitizing of anything having to do with advanced and perhaps recovered technology. Some speculate that the US found alot of very advanced weaponry in Germany as WW2 was coming to a close and nobody today disputes "Project Paperclip" which was the US initiative to get the best German minds/technology working for the US in the US (Von Braun amongst them) before the Russians did.

Anyway..if Anti-Gravity is of interest I highly reccomend a book by the editor of Janes Defese Aerospace, a gentleman named Nick Cook who has written a book called The Hunt For Zeropoint! (Has also been published as the "Billion dollar secret")

Enjoy!

posted on Nov, 19 2004 @ 01:52 PM
link   
GreatGigInTheSky,

I believe you are aware of the immense Indian/Tibetian and German connection during the World War 2. It is a well known fact, atleast in India, that germans got the idea of anti gravity FOR THE VERY FIRST TIME by reading the Vimanika Shastra only. They hired dozens of Sanskrit translators for the job, in Madras.

Missionaries would visit India very frequently and apparently even the Theosophical society had its origins near Madras.

posted on Nov, 19 2004 @ 01:53 PM
link   

I hate to say this, but the WTC were reduced down to a pile of dust by two airliners...

Nope, it was reduced to TONS of debris, large metal beams, plastics, etc.

What would have remained out of them even after 1000 years?

TONS of rusted steel, or at least particles identifiable as once a steel alloy, and the plastics would still be fine or at least identifiable as such, even more thousands of years later.

No scripture is written "IN HAND" for no reason. You believe in Bible don't you? You believe in Jesus don't you? Would you disregard his existence and power just because you have no visual proof remaining?

No, I don't believe in it...so there you go.

Now if in 500 years we could develop so much... they existed centuries back.

Because modern technology increases at an exponential rate. With each discovery, came one that built upon it. The invention of the engine then lead to machines. Electricity lead to electronics, and eventually computers, etc. Indeed, this is the key argument as to why such civilizations didn't exist prior to now....because even if all was blown away...the survivors would have some small pockets of technology. I'll use a movie as a reference here....Mad Max, beyond thunderdome. While many may not have been engineers, they understood the concept of fuel, power, etc. so they still used it, albeit in a primitive fashion, burning pig feces to provide power. Eventually, (and sooner rather than later), such pockets would have once again become the norm (as their more advanced weaponry and items would either cause them to take over, absorb, or at least trade (and thus spread the tech to) their neighbors.

We don't see this in our history. Indeed, we see a progression from stone and bone tools, to rudimentary metals, then more advanced metals, then eventually industrialization.

I believe you are aware of the immense Indian/Tibetian and German connection during the World War 2. It is a well known fact, atleast in India, that germans got the idea of anti gravity FOR THE VERY FIRST TIME by reading the Vimanika Shastra only. They hired dozens of Sanskrit translators for the job, in Madras.

That's a belief, not a fact. Most of the Paperclip scientists claim the Germans recovered a crashed craft in 1936.

Considering the well-known levitation trick employed by Indian yogis for centuries in India, I don't find it odd that ancient books would describe this power, as it was likely used (as it is today) to con superstitious villagers into believing such priests to have divine powers.

[edit on 19-11-2004 by Gazrok]

posted on Nov, 19 2004 @ 02:04 PM
link   
Gazrok! please for one moment try getting yourself a rationale view point!

Those iron beams etc are the case left by two airliners... incase of nuclear blast, it would be molten iron, and plastic wont even be found i guess...

Maybe mine and your cultures are different, but I have grown up learning that the scriptures that I have been reading have been written as long as 10,000 years back!

I would like to make a sincere request to you to go and take a look at the documents... please. They are not written by UFOlogists but highly reknown archeologists.

Gazrok, anyone who has read the Mahabharat or the Ramayan Hindu scriptures will understand the scientific ACCURACY of these Holy Scripts

And yes your assumption of the blast by a comet, like that in Tanguska, is not at all a possiblity. What happened at tanguska is still unknown! It was not a comet for sure.

"European scholarship regards human civilization as a recent progression starting yesterday with the Fiji islander, and ending today with Rockefeller, conceiving ancient culture as necessarily half savage culture." It is a superstition of modern thought that the march of knowledge has always been linear." "Our vision of "prehistory" is terribly inadequate. We have not yet rid our minds from the hold of a one-and-only God or one-and-only Book, and now a one-and-only Science."

- wrote Shri Aurobindo Ghosh, (1872-1950)

[edit on 19-11-2004 by CaptainRon]

posted on Nov, 19 2004 @ 02:37 PM
link   
Well, I'm going to side with Gazrok here on this material.

Originally posted by CaptainRonincase of nuclear blast, it would be molten iron, and plastic wont even be found i guess...

Not really. Go online and search for pictures of Hiroshima after the atomic bomb blast. There's a LOT of debris around and there would be a lot of artifacts, radiation areas, and other easily detectable traces of a nuclear war.

You'd find roads, garbage pits, farming areas, etc (and yes it's very easy to detect some of this material.)

I would like to make a sincere request to you to go and take a look at the documents... please. They are not written by UFOlogists but highly reknown archeologists.

You need to go back and look at those pages you recommended again. "Micael Cremo" is not, in fact, an archaeologist -- and it says so on those pages (he's a self-styled historian.)

The "Egyptian flight technology" isn't. The model can't and doesn't fly (we've discussed this before) and is, when you look at it from other angles, a model of a bird. It's only when you look at it from one exact angle that you can argue for its being a glider.

...and so on and so forth. The information on that page isn't very fresh or very accurate and certainly isn't (for the most part) from the respected archaeologists as you claim, but rather from other people with their own interpretations of the data.

Gazrok, anyone who has read the Mahabharat or the Ramayan Hindu scriptures will understand the scientific ACCURACY of these Holy Scripts

Religious literature isn't the same thing as scientific literature. Nobody ever worshipped "2+2=4" or statements about the diffusion of knowledge through culture or the properties of the quarks.

And contrawise, "Righteous Rama, valiant Lakshman, saintly Sita seek this shade, And to see thee, radiant rishi, have in humble accents prayed." (from Ramayana, book V) is nothing scientific... it makes no predictions, advances no knowledge of any of the physical components of the universe, does not make any observation or conclusion about the way civilization is formed or the way social groups are formed, etc, etc.

It and the Bible are religious texts. They are not scientific.

"European scholarship regards human civilization as a recent progression starting yesterday with the Fiji islander, and ending today with Rockefeller, conceiving ancient culture as necessarily half savage culture." It is a superstition of modern thought that the march of knowledge has always been linear." "Our vision of "prehistory" is terribly inadequate. We have not yet rid our minds from the hold of a one-and-only God or one-and-only Book, and now a one-and-only Science."
- wrote Shri Aurobindo Ghosh, (1872-1950)

Ghosh (with all due respect) probably didn't read a lot of the scholarly materials available in the west. That particular worldview (at least in anthropology) was gone by the 1930's and replaced with a much different and much less colonial mindview.

Now, that might have been what they taught in British-run schools in India. That wouldn't surprise me one bit, because it's a match with the old colonialistic views and practices.

..and I will be glad to cite you a lot of papers in some very dull anthropological journals to show you that the worldview had changed.

posted on Nov, 19 2004 @ 02:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by CaptainRon
There still exist the PILOT MANUALS called "Saubhika Shastra". Saubhika's were the pilots/cosmonauts.

You DO realize that this particular document did not exist before 1950, right?

Secondly, if you haven't read properly, the russians in Gobi dessert found some aeronautical instruments dating back 1000's of years.

Citation, please? And don't bother using Pravda -- that's a tabloid. They report things like Bat Boy sightings.

And let me tell you a fact,
An indian scientist has successfully developed an glass like material by studying the vimanika shastra, which can render fighter aircraft un detectable. The indian aeronautical institute is already working on this and plan to implement it on their upcomming stealth fighter project which will be made jointly with russia.
Article no. 18 on the page:
www.stephen-knapp.com...

Not to be tacky, but I did look up the "university" www.bhu.ac.in... and it does look like a lot of our "new age universities" here. I see claims of research, but when I look the names up in journals (including those from other countries) I don't find these notable scientists or their discoveries.

I'll look further into that particular article, but after what I did find when I did the research, I'm quite skeptical.

The chinese ppl found a sanskrit book in Lhasa, which when translated was a COMPLETE DOCUMENT ON ANTI GRAVITY. They are using it on their space program, and have openly admitted on working on anti gravity.

Source....??

posted on Nov, 19 2004 @ 02:51 PM
link   

Ron, American Indian here. The mods on these boards will always challenge your ideas. It used to ruffle my feathers, then I realized their challenges forced me to better explain, document, and expand my ideas. You only need to worry if Gaz and Byrd DON'T challenge you

Welcome aboard.

One of the people who read the Mahabarata was Robert Oppenheimer, a father of the American atomic bomb. He quoted it, saying 'I am become Death, the Destroyer of Worlds' when the first bomb was detonated. This makes me curious.

I have a real-life experience to relate to you. I made a visit years ago to the Texas Air Museum. On display in the garden was a 1950's vintage Sikorsky naval helicopter. When I touched it, it disintegrated in my fingers into white dust. In a few centuries, there will be no trace left of it. The salts of the marine environment are erasing it. Eleven thousand years is a long time. Plastics are slowly dissolved by microbes. And I have seen cement from the 1940's that is crumbling back into sand and stones.

As for mercury and engines, mercury has been used as a coolant in airborne nuclear reactors. When I saw the engineering drawings of these, the first thing I thought of was 'vimana'.

Many geoglyphs in the Americas are designed to only be seen from the air- or orbit.

We in the West have been so conditioned from our first day in school to believe in linear evolution that it is hard to break free and consider investigating other possibilites. In addition, the Royal classes of the West have always been privvy to the occult history of Civilization, but discourage commoners from thinking 'above their station'. This prejudice remains in Western schooling to this day. If Oppenheimer had not made his public 'disclosure', I myself would probably dismiss your ideas out of hand.

Keep posting, and let us know what you discover.

Postscript: I am an FAA Certified Flight Instructor. What many people don't realize is, thousands of references to ancient flight are encoded in our Government teaching syllabi. For example, before we fly we consult the DUAT, the Direct User Access Terminal System to file flight plans and get weather briefings. The Duat, of course, was the oracle Pharao consulted before undertaking a journey to the Heavens. Our Pilot's Wings are an ancient Babylonian symbol for the Annunakim, or Those Who From Heaven to Earth Came. The Government put this stuff in the System, its no accident, so someone Up There knows Something, eh? Most students never make the connections without help. Those who do, become flight instructors

[edit on 19-11-2004 by Chakotay]

posted on Nov, 19 2004 @ 03:01 PM
link   

Gazrok! please for one moment try getting yourself a rationale view point!

Those iron beams etc are the case left by two airliners... incase of nuclear blast, it would be molten iron, and plastic wont even be found i guess...

I'd strongly recommend looking at some photos of Nagasaki and Hiroshima after the atom bombs were dropped on it, as you'll see just how much is left. It's not nearly the atomization you're thinking of.

You only need to worry if Gaz and Byrd DON'T challenge you

Ain't that the truth!

Just so you know, we aren't attacking YOU, we're attacking the claim. If everyone agreed with everyone, it'd be a pretty dull site. This particular genre happens to be Byrd's area of expertise....

posted on Nov, 19 2004 @ 03:02 PM
link   
Captain Ron says:

"They were propelled by a yellowish orangish fuel, which has been indentified as a compound of mercury."

What compound? A fulminate? How can you identify a fuel from its color? We're not talking spectroscopic anaylsis, are we?

Everything is well documented out there!!! You just need to lay down ur ego to believe them...

I am still kind of newbie myself, so far be it from me to give anyone instruction on how to post. However, my guess is that you'd have a better chance of a sound and scientific dialogue if you avoided ad hominem terms. Just my two cents' worth.

"There still exist the PILOT MANUALS called "Saubhika Shastra". Saubhika's were the pilots/cosmonauts."

I assume, since those Pilot Manuals were probably written in Sanskrit, they have been translated and you would be glad to provide them to us for our edification, crorrect?

"Secondly, if you haven't read properly, the russians in Gobi dessert found some aeronautical instruments dating back 1000's of years."

I had not heard that. Where are these aeronautical instruments? Do you have any copies of the journals which describe them? How about photographs?

"And let me tell you a fact, An indian scientist has successfully developed an glass like material by studying the vimanika shastra, which can render fighter aircraft un detectable. The indian aeronautical institute is already working on this and plan to implement it on their upcomming stealth fighter project which will be made jointly with russia. "

That's nice. I'll have to consider adding Hindustan Aeronautics Ltd. to my stock portfolio.

"The chinese ppl found a sanskrit book in Lhasa, which when translated was a COMPLETE DOCUMENT ON ANTI GRAVITY. They are using it on their space program, and have openly admitted on working on anti gravity."

Let's hope it works better than their earlier Long March craft.

Meanwhile, I appreciate your input and am looking forward to the evidence and data which you mentioned.

Regards,

Off_the_Street.

posted on Nov, 19 2004 @ 03:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Byrd
(snip)
The "Egyptian flight technology" isn't. The model can't and doesn't fly (we've discussed this before) and is, when you look at it from other angles, a model of a bird. It's only when you look at it from one exact angle that you can argue for its being a glider.
(snip)
It (the Mahabharata) and the Bible are religious texts. They are not scientific.

Funny thing. NASA has spent a lot of money both on ground penetrating radar studies of Giza, and on wind tunnel testing of the Egyptian 'Bird Model'. Now that's Above Top Secret for you. Turns out the 'Bird Model' is a good fit for the anhedral wings of a heavy-cargo lifter like the C5-A Galaxy.

BTW, here's a link to DUAT and the Duat.

Albert Einstein, as we all know, was Jewish. He was a student of Kabballa, and he was convinced the Bible contained encoded scientific truths from a past Civilization. He credited his idea of Relativity to stories in the Bible of Time Dilatation as in the phrase 'to the LORD a thousand years is as a single day'.

We ignore 'religious texts' at our peril.

As for looking at Nagasaki, try looking at Rongelap Atoll instead. The toys used in Japan are an order of magnitude less powerful than thermonuclear bombs. Rongelap simply disappeared. Radionuclides decay. And the ancients may have been using a different technology that would leave very little long-term radioactivity.

posted on Nov, 19 2004 @ 03:29 PM
link   
So, let me get this right... their scriptures, written on what? Biodegradable paper... survived the nuclear war but nothing else, such as concrete, steel, plastics or infact anything remotely technologically advanced survived?

Something there doesn't add up. Sorry

posted on Nov, 19 2004 @ 03:39 PM
link   
This is very interesting but does sound a little far fetched. I've read of other similar stories of glass being found deep in the deserts of the world (signifying nuclear blasts) and the finds of ancient computer like objects pulled from the Mediterranean sea. While these are interesting finds and theorys I'm afraid that until we find irrefutable proof they will never be accepted. Still, as dynamic as the earth is I guess it is possible that they did exist and we will never know.

posted on Nov, 19 2004 @ 03:40 PM
link   
Oral history. Rewritten eons later. I think the Ancients left this stuff for us as the original 'Try Again'.

BTW here's a link to the Egyptian Bird.

Ancient Egypt had very close relations with ancient India, as did Greece who came later.

Hope this thread doesn't 'disappear' too quick into the PC 'thread closed' 86'd file.

My question is, who were these ancient Techies? Us from the past, us from the future, or Them from somewhar'else?

posted on Nov, 19 2004 @ 04:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chakotay

Ron

Welcome aboard.

We in the West have been so conditioned from our first day in school to believe in linear evolution that it is hard to break free and consider investigating other possibilites. In addition, the Royal classes of the West have always been privvy to the occult history of Civilization, but discourage commoners from thinking 'above their station'. This prejudice remains in Western schooling to this day.

Keep posting, and let us know what you discover.

yes, indeed, another voice speaking...to those with ears open...
welcome, CaptainRon

"Humanity, as never before, is split into two apparently unreconsilable halves. Psychological rule says that when an inner situation is not made conscious, it happens outside, as fate. That is to say, when the individual remains divided and has not become conscious of his inner contradictions, the world must perforce to act out the conflict and be torn into opposite halves" = Dr. Carl Jung, Psychiatrist

>scientistsphilosophersfragmentaryholistic/holographic

posted on Nov, 19 2004 @ 04:25 PM
link   
I also agree this theory is a bit far fetched. If a civilization was advanced enough to produce nuclear weapons, then they sure as heck had the technology to transport themselves out of harms way. I believe we would see evidence of their culture on different continents, not just limited to the Indus region. Somebody would have left something around, only to be discovered later. If we are in the nuclear age, and we have the technology to discover and dig up ancient cities, they would have had the same technology to try and protect theirs.

<<   2  3  4 >>

join