It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bizarre but true Grey Matter

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+30 more 
posted on Dec, 22 2013 @ 02:39 PM
link   

I at first wasn't sure exactly how or where to present this. It might turn out to be nothing or to have a little something for everybody from a Possible Government Coverup of a interesting archeological find from an Ancient Culture of possible Ancient Alien visitations.

While researching information on an unrelated thread topic for the Ancient Civilization forum I came across some rather intriguing images and stories, one link lead me to another then still another. I'm not exactly sure if there really is anything to this or not but none the less I figured it's worth posting and as always let you the readers decide for yourselves...

Here we go...

I was researching the Taino Indian Culture

Taíno Indians, a subgroup of the Arawakan Indians (a group of American Indians in northeastern South America), inhabited the Greater Antilles (comprising Cuba, Jamaica, Hispaniola [Haiti and the Dominican Republic], and Puerto Rico) in the Caribbean Sea at the time when Christopher Columbus' arrived to the New World.

The Taíno culture impressed both the Spanish (who observed it) and modern sociologists. The Arawakan achievements included construction of ceremonial ball parks whose boundaries were marked by upright stone dolmens, development of a universal language, and creation of a complicated religious cosmology. There was a hierarchy of deities who inhabited the sky...

Now, as always, I'm on the lookout for some interesting images to go with the stories I post and came across the following image. I thought jokingly "Oh, good, more googly eyed Aliens" but the more I looked at it the more something reminded me of another "Ancient Alien" type image, First this one.

I know it doesn't seem very impressive. But the above 'Butterfly' type image seemed to be similar in my mind's eye to this now infamous image from Italy with of course the supposed 'Ancient Astronaut' here.

So, out of curiosity I started searching for other Taino Indian Culture Petroglyphs. There are quite a few available online, some are very whimsical in appearance. Then I came across what I usually look for for the Ancient Civilization forum.

Major archaeological find in Puerto Rico

Posted 10/29/2007 9:21 AM

SAN JUAN, Puerto Rico — U.S. and Puerto Rican archaeologists say they have found the best-preserved pre-Columbian site in the Caribbean, which could shed light on virtually every aspect of Indian life in the region, from sacred rituals to eating habits.

The archaeologists believe the site in southern Puerto Rico may have belonged to the Taino or pre-Taino people that inhabited the island before European colonization, although other tribes are a possibility. It contains stones etched with ancient petroglyphs that form a large plaza measuring some 130 feet by 160 feet, which could have been used for ball games or ceremonial rites, said Aida Belen Rivera, director of the Puerto Rican Historic Conservation office.

I couldn't help but notice the image of what appears to be what we in the modern world would call a typical 'Grey' so I looked for clearer images so as not to inadvertently repeat the now infamous Egyptian bogus Hieroglyph Grey fiasco...

So I'll post the other images I found. I couldn't find anymore than these. Maybe someone here could ferret out some larger ones and post them for us.

At this point I toyed with the idea of writing a thread on the discovery so to make sure this wasnt covered before here at ATS I did a quick search and found this semi related thread Prehistoric Cave Paintings Discovered in Dominican Republic posted by Chamberf=6. Here is an image posted in that thread [atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/a9470508ee19.jpeg[/atsimg]

Now if that isn't interesting enough, the story takes on a rather interesting and bizarre turn of events. It reads like a script taken directly from the X files.

Now the Army Corps of Engineers which were working on a nearby Dam seemed to have found and taken some artifacts off the island and shipped them to Georgia. Now, I'm no expert but why not have the local and more familiar Archeologists handle the investigation?

U.S. Army Corps took artifacts without permission

SAN JUAN, Puerto Rico : Puerto Rican archaeologists on Monday accused the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers of illegally shipping two dozen newly discovered pre-Columbian artifacts off the island without permission.

I admit, not much to go on so I kept looking and came across these...

Puerto Rico archeological find mired in politics

The U.S. Army Corps of Engineers promises the collection sent to Georgia will be returned to Puerto Rico. Some 75 boxes of skeletons, ceramics, small Petroglyphs and rocks were sent via Federal Express in two double-boxed shipments for analysis.

Puerto Rican archaeologists accuse U.S. Army Corps of taking artifacts without permission

"They never told us that they were going to take those pieces," said Miguel Rodriguez, a member of the council who claimed such tests could have been done on the island.

Jose Rosado, chief of the corps' San Juan construction office, has promised that engineers will return the pieces to Puerto Rico once tests determine their origin and value. Calls and e-mails to his office went unanswered Monday

This just seemed a bit too weird to me. Why didn't they just get the locals involved? Why ship them off the Island, What exactly did they take? I've read the articles, how do we know exactly what they took? Did they return everything? How would the local archeological groups know for sure that they got everything taken back? *They weren't privy to what was taken in the first place*

Now, setting all the peripheral added but important cultural drama about the site, this just seemed rather odd to me.

So, in the end, it is what it is. I'm not making any claims either way but I thought some here would be interested so, there it is.

As always you decide and stay tuned.

posted on Dec, 22 2013 @ 02:55 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

You put a lot of time and research into this thread. This is just the type of threads I like to sink my teeth into.

Now, to go back and review your connect the dots journey...and pics. Love the pics.

Des

posted on Dec, 22 2013 @ 02:56 PM
link   
Very interesting info !

To bad that the colonial years pretty much caused the end, and destruction of any native societies and their
cultures.

We are left with so many questions that could have been answered, if those damn European elite didn't have such an expansion frenzy...

That ET grey in the hieroglyphics... The dude seems to be made up of from a sort of Vase, and what would be the eyes, looks more like a bouquet... along with the center pieces between them.

That butterfly thing and weird characters are fascinating though.

posted on Dec, 22 2013 @ 03:15 PM
link   

What could the Army have taken that would/could have such an impact on our modern society?

SnF and definitely food for thought!

posted on Dec, 22 2013 @ 03:19 PM
link   
It's surprising that so much stuff there survived the destruction that happened at the hand of conquering crusaders in the past. Destroying history was a big thing in the past. Now they just rewrite history to fit their needs and produce narrow minded evidence that our ancestors were wrong to dissuade our beliefs in things.

I suppose we cannot expect that things actually change, only the method to cover up things changes.

Very good thread. I actually think that some of the drawings look like the dress and legs of a woman with darkened breast plates. I don't understand where they would have seen one of these dresses, unless someone from Europe was there long before and the womans attire made an impression on the natives.

Maybe I just got women on my mind

posted on Dec, 22 2013 @ 03:20 PM
link   

Federal Express ?
Is that normal ?

posted on Dec, 22 2013 @ 03:28 PM
link   
Again another well thought out & researched thread.S&f. One day we will get to the core of WHY? On so many different fronts. Just hope I'm still here for the reveal. Peace OYM1262

posted on Dec, 22 2013 @ 03:37 PM
link   
reply to post by rickymouse

With the new residents of the new world, their religion also followed.
I can imagine that Catholicism was spread by very dogmatic followers of their faith.
I don't think they didn't spend some extra effort into the disappearance of local spiritual and cultural ways of life.

The death that came in the form of disease, and wiped the natives out the Americas, must have a big effect on any way of life. You need people that live for example. If that falls apart, while new immigrants flock in...

You get in the position we're in.

How many native Americans died as a direct result of the European introduction to America ?
Are there estimates around on these numbers ?

posted on Dec, 22 2013 @ 03:39 PM
link   

So I think its interesting that the bodies were found buried face-down with the legs bent at
the knees and according to the article this was a style not seen before in the region.

Could it be they were trying to mimic the frog legs. What region was this "known" to be a normal
practice ? I'm no expert on this archaeological stuff ?

leolady

posted on Dec, 22 2013 @ 03:41 PM
link   

randyvs

Federal Express ?
Is that normal ?

Worldwide insured shipping?
Yes.

You want some third world no-name fly-by-night company to handle your packages?
Maybe float them over to the US on inner-tubes?

I know any time I need anything shipped international, or any distance I can't carry myself, I'm going to entrust my logistical concerns with carriers that have some experience, as well as insurance, and confidence.

edit on 12/22/2013 by AliceBleachWhite because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 22 2013 @ 03:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Sinter Klaas

A majority of the Native Americans has died right before we started to settle the country, probably from disease. I heard a speech on that at the AAPS conference last September. Evidence of civilization was destroyed to make it look like the Indians were savages.

posted on Dec, 22 2013 @ 03:50 PM
link   
My first impression of the hieroglyphs is of a similarity to
microscope images of cells and such...not big-eyed ET's.

The interesting angle is the COE's theft. a little fodder
for the conspiracy mill...and right at Christmas, thanks

posted on Dec, 22 2013 @ 03:50 PM
link   
reply to post by leolady

I found it interesting they took skeletons in the first place?
What was so unusual about them if anything at all? I'm hoping for somebody to post some pics.

posted on Dec, 22 2013 @ 04:02 PM
link   
reply to post by AliceBleachWhite

I understand Fed Ex is reliable, I just thought that with
human remains there would be an overseer or some
official record keeper of some sort. Not just wrap em up
and call Fed Ex.. Just ask'n.

posted on Dec, 22 2013 @ 04:11 PM
link   

Heya,

As far as the Taino petroglyphs are conerned, I think that they are a variety of forms from nature as well as designs based on form constants seen by Taino shaman while they were under the influence of cohoba also known as Ayahuasca which is full of '___' and was taken by them as a snuff.

The Egyptian thing is a vase full of Nenúfar.

The Corps of Engineers likely took the stuff because it is easier to take it and apologize later than to ask. I'm not defending them, that's just how folks operate these days.

But who knows, right?

edit on 22-12-2013 by Bybyots because: . : .

posted on Dec, 22 2013 @ 04:16 PM
link   

To label them savages ? Really ?

What a nerve to take over the place, hold a makeover with a lot of collateral damage, and killed whoever might be in their way... finishing it by desecrating the people and destroy whatever had left , forcing them to a new way of live.

I really dislike the ways of these men, that called themselves civilized.
Hypocrites...

We will never find our answers, when we make our own history look better then others.

posted on Dec, 22 2013 @ 04:26 PM
link   
Everyone knows them big eye grey aliens are the Asgard.

That was probably a portrait of Thor hanging in an earthling embassy.

Nice work there Slayer!

posted on Dec, 22 2013 @ 04:26 PM
link   

Wow! Mind blown on that pic of the alien at the bottom of the cave drawing!

Just to be clear and help Connect the dots…

The Army Core of Engineers or ACE, (interesting that I never put the acronym together like that. but…)

Just happened to be…

• working at the dam and
• ‘happened’ to discover ancient artifacts
• Belonging to the country of …Puerto Rico, which is unincorporated colony of the US Government…which..
• Shipped out ancient Puerto Rican cultural artifacts without the consent or knowledge of Puerto Rico which is...
• Another ancient culture

Where have I heard this before…?! This seriously, sounds like a broken record in my mind..!

In the back of my mind, I remember that either someone did a YT video or a wrote a short journal of the US government in wars at countries that have been noted to have some sort of ‘alien’ history.

Iran and Iraq, both countries, with ancient culture of beginnings of ‘life’; Sumeria being one of them, and remember that ancient landmarks being torn down or ransacked, much like the Hawaiian palace was after the US government took over.

Remind you, this is all pure speculation, and just trying to connect the dots

edit on 22-12-2013 by Komodo because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 22 2013 @ 04:35 PM
link   

Sinter Klaas

To label them savages ? Really ?

What a nerve to take over the place, hold a makeover with a lot of collateral damage, and killed whoever might be in their way... finishing it by desecrating the people and destroy whatever had left , forcing them to a new way of live.

I really dislike the ways of these men, that called themselves civilized.
Hypocrites...

We will never find our answers, when we make our own history look better then others.

While mankind has played a role in lost history. It is not the only reason for it.

Between climatic changes(sea levels rising) and earthquakes.

I would say the lost history can not be laid soley at the feet of mankind.

posted on Dec, 22 2013 @ 04:38 PM
link   

Another very cool thread Sir, thanks for sharing.

That really bugs the crap out of me... What in the blue hell does the Army Corps of Engineers have to do with archeological artifacts?
Why do they have anything to do with getting them tested and determining their value?
Where do they get off taking them from another country?
I think it's also interesting that they chose to use a private shipping company instead of sending them through military freight.

This seems to have many layers of anomalies, and I doubt we will be getting any satisfactory answers.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join