It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bizarre but true Grey Matter

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 22 2013 @ 06:48 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

In regards to the one petroglyph of the frog...
I wonder why the head of the frog is cut off or leaning over to the side as if it were.

Were these bodies of pregnant women ? I wonder because it shows the frog symbolizes
pregnant woman / fertility.

Not certain about the butterfly petroglyph one yet.

Take a look at the meaning of the Taino symbols & their meanings:

leolady

posted on Dec, 22 2013 @ 06:55 PM
link   

Head-Stones ... ( grave markers )

Summary: My ( "Simplistic" ) ... Vote.
edit on 22-12-2013 by FarleyWayne because: Now, do I get a "GRANT" ... ( or some "FUNDING" ) ???

posted on Dec, 22 2013 @ 07:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Sinter Klaas

Originally, a lot of criminals from Europe were sent here to start a new life with a good paying job to clear the land of heathens. This was done by the governments, not the churches. Some of the offspring of this country became the founding fathers of this country. The ones that followed were regular citizens of the countries. They wound up working for these criminals who had an early oportunity to develop businesses.

People wonder why the early business owners in this country were so unfair and crooked, look at where they came from. Their policies corrupted society.

posted on Dec, 22 2013 @ 08:20 PM
link   

AliceBleachWhite

randyvs

Federal Express ?
Is that normal ?

Worldwide insured shipping?
Yes.

You want some third world no-name fly-by-night company to handle your packages?
Maybe float them over to the US on inner-tubes?

I know any time I need anything shipped international, or any distance I can't carry myself, I'm going to entrust my logistical concerns with carriers that have some experience, as well as insurance, and confidence.

edit on 12/22/2013 by AliceBleachWhite because: (no reason given)

Actually no, it is completely out of protocol for official military movement of material. Now what it does sound like someone in that unit possibly trying to make some money for themselves or group. Absolutely no military reason for this action, in reality the opposite.

They hate this stuff. They are mission oriented and unlike private citizens there can be severe consequences for ones actions. Archeological stuff slows them to a stop.

That is one possible motive, to stay on time line and not get stopped by bunch of Indiana Jones types. My bet is on greed and money eventide though and that is one reason not to use proper military transport. Ya see if it went on military transport they would have records for everything down to how many nails were used and a diagram to their locations.

The only reason to go civilian transport is you did not want those type of very specific records.

To slaya, my brother from another mother, great job, my favorite OP........

I would like to point out that we know from experience in WWII with tribes and natives that had not seen planes and white men etc that they thought of us as God's and depicted us in art etc. They even recreated an aircraft out of vines and trees in hopes of having the gods return and give them more magical stuff.

This is reinforcement for the ancient astronaut theory that many want to dismiss. These people saw and interacted with the gods.

Nice one slaya

P. S. I remember the face down from somewhere else, it was theory to be putting them either in some sort of worship position or it was like derogatory in nature. Sorry my failing memory can't recall more.

The Bot
edit on 22-12-2013 by dlbott because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 22 2013 @ 08:43 PM
link   

I love your posts and love the artifacts.

The resemblance to Rome and it's end in modern culture is uncanny.

I have learned something new from every post you made and I really appreciate your effort. Never stop being yourself.

Cheers and thanks for an education up my alley..

posted on Dec, 22 2013 @ 09:11 PM
link   
The connections continue

news.nationalgeographic.com...
States much the same about the site.
Note the date. I would expect some where in the Corp of Engineers these artifacts must be maintained. That costs money. I wonder if there is any paper trail into the costs for storage?

posted on Dec, 22 2013 @ 10:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Sinter Klaas

Op knows that the "Grey in Egyptian Hieroglyph" is just a vase. He was showing it as an example of what can happen when you do not have a clear picture of something. That's why he showed the blurry example that people used for the purpose of claiming ET and then below that showed a much better quality image where you can clearly see it is not a living thing at all but just a large vase with some kind of bushels sticking out of the top. Yes i know what a bushel is, it's a unit of measurement, but this is the word i chose to describe whatever that is sticking out of the top. Another poster here seems to know what type of plant it is.

The op displayed this example in order to explain what he did not intend to do with these other non Egyptian Tieno petroglyphs located thousands of miles away from Egypt in the land of Puerto Rico in the Carribean Sea south of Florida. He wanted to let us know that he tried to search for better, clearer photos so the same mistake would not be made as was done with the now infamous "Grey in Egyptian Hieroglyph" bogus alien.

Hope this helps. And I hope I did not misunderstand the ops intentions.

posted on Dec, 22 2013 @ 11:37 PM
link   
reply to post by 3n19m470

Since you mention it,

Yep, that is for sure a tall vase with Nenúfar in it. They are also called lotus.

What blows me away is that these images are so locked up within the context of "ancient mysteries" and "UFOs" that it is not really possible to use Google images to relate them to any site that puts them within any useful context.

Anyhow, you can see from the image that taken as whole this whole panoply seems to suggest the time of year when lightning and rain comes to the mountains and the Nile floods, the water comes and fresh Nenúfar flowers can be picked and put in to a vase. It would be sometime in August and the geese would be getting fat.

ETA: Hey just amongst friends?

In terms of Denying Ignorance? Check this craziness out...

The ancient Egyptians did not realize that the flood in fact appeared due to rains on the mountains to the south, and it was seen as the annual coming of the god. The rains would swell the different tributaries and other rivers that joined to become the Nile River.

en.wikipedia.org...

Now, I am all for WikiPedia, but this is exactly why I suppose one has to be careful with it. If they "did not realize", then why are there thunderheads and rain depicted in this relief?

Hmmm

edit on 23-12-2013 by Bybyots because: . : .

posted on Dec, 23 2013 @ 04:19 AM
link   
There are many more sites, like caves that have artifacts and paintings that are on private properties or kept locked by the goverment to preserve them. Many of these caves were the last places the Taino hid and comitted mass suicides once the rebellion of 1511? failed.

If I have time during the holidays, Ill drive around and take pics of the caves and the paintings.

posted on Dec, 23 2013 @ 05:09 AM
link   
As for the Fed ex thing, it doesn't seem that unusual but my first inclination is that they would have transported via the Armed forces but I guess if its just all round easier why not use a service that does it all the time.

posted on Dec, 23 2013 @ 06:29 AM
link   
Perhaps Fed Ex was used to deliver the artifact/s direct to the collector/s? as has been typed above, not really much of a paper trail, and a cheap form of transport.

posted on Dec, 23 2013 @ 06:43 AM
link   
Going back to the Nile floods, as the Egyptians got their gold from Nubia, now north and south Sudan, I would think merchants would have traded up the nile to the confluence of the blue and white Nile ( at what is now Al-Kartum) the merchants might have reached the many sources of both Niles. Just a thought.

posted on Dec, 23 2013 @ 08:06 AM
link   
Great thread as usual, Slayer. You never half-a$$ it.
I enjoy it even more, because I have had an interest in the Taino for some time. S&F
edit on 12/23/2013 by Chamberf=6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 23 2013 @ 01:47 PM
link   

Interesting as always Slayer, nice one.

Your images provoked me to search...as a couple of the 'Gods' carved rang a bell with me.

The weird looking guy in your image reminded me of something...couldn't think what, so had a dig around.

He really looked familiar to me, and then a eureka moment..

Ra! The original Stargate movie villain...a distant cousin?

Perhaps not.

Then i found this guy..

One of the aliens from the Charlie Sheen movie 'The Arrival'...which i thought was a weird coincidence, seeing as your new avatar looks a lot like Charlie's character from that movie!

Even found a reasonable candidate for the googly-eyed little guy from your first image..

I suppose there really isn't anything new under the Sun after all!

posted on Dec, 23 2013 @ 04:28 PM
link   

Thanks Slayer for reminding me this thread, Indeed a great and remarkable story. It also confirms the Peru story a bit more true after reading this:

SAN JUAN, Puerto Rico : Puerto Rican archaeologists on Monday accused the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers of illegally shipping two dozen newly discovered pre-Columbian artifacts off the island without permission.

It seems that some US army intelligence doesn't want us to know that there might be a cooperative agreement between off world races.And that greys maybe the ones who want to protect their interest here on earth as it goes.But of course thats just guessing.

I'm amazed how quick the the army core is on the actual site and the power they have to confiscate all the material. They have to have something within their possession that can track these know abouts?

Great thread keep on looking ..

posted on Dec, 23 2013 @ 05:21 PM
link   

Thanks for the info SLAYER69!
That is interesting, to say the least.
I would like to get a better look at some of those pictures... Guess I'll do some scrounging around and see what I can find.

The southern side of Puerto Rico is one of the most interesting land/sea-scapes I've ever seen. Spent days of mesmerizing entertainment studying the lines, shapes and symmetry a couple of years back.
Here's a glimpse, if you're interested...

Google Earth
17°47'33.94"N 67°44'12.59"W
Elev -6390
Eye Alt 17.16 mi

posted on Dec, 23 2013 @ 05:54 PM
link   

Meanwhile, the U.S.-based New South Associates—a private archaeology company contracted by the Corps of Engineers to salvage the site—is at the center of controversy over their excavation methods. According to AP, the company had initially been using a bulldozer that caused damage to centuries-old bones. Members of the Taino who visited the dig on Saturday "witnessed damage to the site, particularly to some human remains and stones" that was apparently caused by a backhoe, Taino representative Borrero said. Rodriguez was adamant that the company should be pulled off the project. "This is a textbook case of what they shouldn't do," he said. "They are using mostly diggers and bulldozers and they must stop." Rodriguez also accused the company of violating Puerto Rican law by failing to register artifacts it had taken off the island.

Source

So maybe more of a contractor issue than the corps itself.

reply to post by leolady

The mask petroglyph from your post appears very similiar to the petroglyph in question from the OP to me

edit on 12/23/2013 by iforget because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 23 2013 @ 06:31 PM
link   
I think the little guy/face on the stone, see below, could be a mask
that they are presenting.

My reason for thinking this is because it is also paired with
this the frog person in this image, see below

I started doing some research of my own and discovered
that the Coqui frog is a very important part of Puerto Rican
culture and it has several legend and myth stories
revolved around it.

This you tube tells a story of the Coqui frog and it has
masks in it. In the symbols I posted earlier in this thread
you can see that mask was a known symbol used by the Taino
and so is the Coqui frog.

Perhaps the skeletons are that of the important Chief
and family ? & The stones are telling the story ?

Another story

& Also look at all of these myths surrounding
the Taino people, very interesting stuff !

www.indio.net...

Little Facts about the Coqui Frog:

Contrary to frogs, the coquíes do not go through a tadpole stage and break out of their egg - a small replica of their parents. Some coquíes are terrestrial some are arboreal. The Coquí Dorado is the only specie in the world that bears live young

This interesting forest legend involving Puerto Rico's indigenous Coqui frog (Eleutherodactylus coqui) is actually based on scientific fact. During those times of the year when the humidity is high, the tiny Coqui frogs will climb to the forest canopy, sometimes as high as 100 feet (30 meters). Predators such as the tarantula anticipating this behavior, lay in wait for the frogs. Many frogs are caught by the predators during their ascent. Instead of returning to the ground by the same dangerous path, the surviving frogs prefer to launch themselves into the air, thus bypassing their predators on the way down. The tiny frogs are almost weightless so that they float to the forest floor unharmed. If you are lucky enough to be sitting under a tree when this is happening, you will indeed be rained upon by tiny frogs!

Some of this material might help to shed some light on the Taino people and why or
what the petroglyphs might represent.

Now the Shady/Grey part of the matter... I still don't know why the material was sneakily taken off
site in a manner that was not typical ?

enjoy
leolady

posted on Dec, 23 2013 @ 07:15 PM
link   

good work and kudos to you. I wonder if these images have anything to do with the species that Lloyd Pye's alien skull belongs to. It was found in Mexico in the thirties and is over 900 years old. Large parietals and strange eyes, small lower face. Actually I think it looks like this little guy

IF these petroglyphs were just random figures there would not be such similarity found around the world. If we go by the general story, it seems like there was one artist flying around the world carving these things because there is no way so many individual artists would come up with the same shapes and designs at different time periods over and over all around the world. What makes sense is that the people who drew these things all saw the same things or had similar experiences. and I don't buy the, "well people see the same psychedelic things when they're tripping." excuse.
edit on 23-12-2013 by bottleslingguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 24 2013 @ 12:22 PM
link   
Thank you for giving me something interesting to chew on for the evening.
SnF and mery Christmas to you.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join