It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Duck Dynasty's Phil Robertson: The Latest Victim of the PC Police

page: 29
<< 26  27  28    30  31  32 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 19 2013 @ 07:57 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 19 2013 @ 07:58 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 19 2013 @ 08:00 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 19 2013 @ 08:02 PM
link   

Restricted
reply to post by TwoTonTommy

Animals don't know any better. Humans do.

Sounds like someone that doesn't know any gay people in the real world. People are born gay, and if you can't see that, well, someday you'll have a gay nephew or friend that will maybe change your mind a little. Some boys want to play with dolls and wear makeup. Not my cup of tea, but I definitely remember other kids that way when I was growing up.

posted on Dec, 19 2013 @ 08:04 PM
link   
its on like donkey kong

Robertson Family Releases Statement on A&E Decision to Suspend Phil Robertson

West Monroe -- The Robertson family has released a statement in light on A&E decision to suspend patriarch Phil Robertson in light of the comments he made to GQ.
www.arklatexhomepage.com...
"We want to thank all of you for your prayers and support. The family has spent much time in prayer since learning of A&E's decision. We want you to know that first and foremost we are a family rooted in our faith in God and our belief that the Bible is His word. While some of Phil’s unfiltered comments to the reporter were coarse, his beliefs are grounded in the teachings of the Bible. Phil is a Godly man who follows what the Bible says are the greatest commandments: “Love the Lord your God with all your heart” and “Love your neighbor as yourself.” Phil would never incite or encourage hate.We are disappointed that Phil has been placed on hiatus for expressing his faith, which is his constitutionally protected right.We have had a successful working relationship with A&E but, as a family, we cannot imagine the show going forward without our patriarch at the helm. We are in discussions with A&E to see what that means for the future of Duck Dynasty. Again, thank you for your continued support of our family.

Robertson Family

I will miss them.

posted on Dec, 19 2013 @ 08:10 PM
link   

TwoTonTommy
Homosexuality is natural because it arises naturally in the real world, among people and animals. Nature doesn't care about man's theories about basic purposes. If you want to know what's natural, go spend some time on the farm and you'll see male animals trying to hump each other.

This dips back into territory that avoids the original purpose of this thread, but I'll tell you the same thing I told BFFT some pages back in regards to the "2 consenting adults" logic. The "natural in the animal world" argument reeks of convenience and little more when faced with logic.
In much of the omniverous and carniverous animal world, they eat their own young.
Animals are often known to eat their own excrement.
Animals will almost without fail either flee from or outright kill any sick or injured member of their clan.
Inbreeding is quite common in the animal world.
Animals DO NOT have morals.

This opens up the real root problem here, morals. Phil did not threaten or attack any group whatsoever, he simply stated a morality driven personal belief. He failed to genuflect and subjugate himself at the altar of popular modern laize-faire morality and instead held tight to his own traditionally held concept of morality. It's fascinating to realize that we live in a nation which deified Martin Luther King for holding firm to his beliefs, which were unpopular beliefs during his day and according to his era's code of morals, until he died... still clutching those beliefs tightly, yet society vilifies anyone today who does the same damn thing.

Interesting, interesting. Kind of along the same lines as trusting in the value of the same FDA which 50 years ago assured thalidomide was safe for morning sickness when they tell us today that nutrasweet is 100% safe. Americans lack perspective, and they lack philosphical depth and my God do they ever lash out at anyone among them who displays a grasp on either one while they collectively stand there with one thumb in their nose and the other up their ass.

posted on Dec, 19 2013 @ 08:12 PM
link   
reply to post by mitman93

again there is a case currently pending resolution over a man fired for remarks he made during a political campaign two years before being hired by fox news,and then was promptly fired for saying anti gay things he is suing fox for civil rights violations weather he wins the case or not will effect any possible outcome of any THEORETICAL lawsuit from mr robertson,i doubt he will sue(hes rich as all hell already) but if the sports guy from fox wins his case Mr robertsons case would be a lot stronger. i dont wanna post the links for the third time in this thread but if you go back 5-7 pages you can find the articles i sourced that explain what im talking about

in regards to terrorist etc comments he was probably again referring to sin in the general term, i would assume being a terrorist would be a sin in the bible( i am not christian so not sure) i am also pretty sure that being excessively drunk is some kind of a sin just like according to the bible being a homosexual is a sin again his interview seemed to be more orientated to the topic of sins as opposed to saying gay people were = to pedophiles like some members have tried to say in this thread

how it relates to his religious beliefs is he is expressing a belief of his religion that to his religion is factual and a key part of said religion as he is being punished for expressing the a core component of his branch of Christianity and they evidently are firing him for what was said(read religious belief's)not any physical action or call to assault or harm

i think IF he chose to he could have a case but as stated earlier the fox case will most likely set the precedent of either you can be fired for such things or you cant.

re your would not some one be fired for their statements of a comparable nature
news.yahoo.com...

“I said this, you know, for apartheid South Africa, I said this for my own, you know, community in the South — there are still generations of people, older people, who were born and bred and marinated in it, in that prejudice and racism, and they just have to die," Winfrey said.
now ill be fair and agree that perhaps they are quoting her out of context too but just looking at it it can be interpreted in a comparable manner to the robertson issue

www.nydailynews.com... reverand al sharpton seems to get all kinds of investments and not fired for some of the racist over the top crap he says
downtrend.com...

www.breitbart.com... gues he gets to keep his show on msnbc even after his anti gay comments among other complaints

www.thegatewaypundit.com... chris mathiews called the tea party baby killing terrorists and hes still got a job.....

harry reid mocked the eldery when he said" Seniors love getting junk mail. It’s sometimes their only way of communicating or feeling like they’re part of the real world. -- Harry Reid" and he still has his job

"Civil rights laws were not passed to protect the rights of white men and do not apply to them. -- Mary Frances Berry, former Chairwoman, US Commission on Civil Rights" she still has her job as well

so he is far from the only one to say foolish things and not loose his/her job

"I root for hurricanes. When, courtesy of the Weather Channel, I see one forming in the ocean off the coast of Africa, I find myself longing for it to become big and strong–Mother Nature’s fist of fury, Gaia’s stern rebuke. Considering the havoc mankind has wreaked upon nature with deforesting, stripmining, and the destruction of animal habitat, it only seems fair that nature get some of its own back and teach us that there are forces greater than our own." — James Wolcott, Vanity Fair this tool still has his job and hes cheering for hurricanes to kill poor africans........

and probably the best example chris brown still has a job after beating the crap out of rihanna and making all kinds of anti gay rants and that guys ranking in the millions from sponsors record deals and contracts. and due to t and c i cant even try to quote it as it would end up being one or two words out of a 10-20 word rant over twitter and that was in response to some one elses story on being molested as a child......

50 cent said about as bad things to perez hilton basicly telling the man to kill him self for being gay and joking about shooting up gay weddings and that idiot has a job contracts and investors

gawker.com... and finally this pilot who used homophobic slurs over an open com line was suspended but got his job back after diversity training

sorry for the rant but to claim that its only mr robertson whos getting a pass for what he said is false

posted on Dec, 19 2013 @ 08:12 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 19 2013 @ 08:14 PM
link   
I totally disagree with the man's views here. However, he has the right to them and to voice them, but then the network has the right to suspend him or whatever they do. Apparently everyone has a right here?

posted on Dec, 19 2013 @ 08:16 PM
link   

burdman30ott6

ExquisitExamplE
You... bought your children Duck Dynasty camo caps for Christmas? I just... I... well, Merry Christmas!

100% Redneck children. Little girl dresses in pink camo and has matching wardrobe for her Barbies, little boy dresses in regular or arctic camo while he builds LEGO fortresses on the family room floor. At 6 and 7, they've dressed more game and caught more salmon than many adults will in their entire lives. Merry Christmas to you, as well!

Guns and camo gear....a fatfurrytexan tradition here as well.

posted on Dec, 19 2013 @ 08:20 PM
link   
reply to post by burdman30ott6

If that's the case, then it shouldn't matter whether or not homosexuality is natural, which renders the whole "homosexuality is wrong because it's unnatural" argument moot.

posted on Dec, 19 2013 @ 08:20 PM
link   
A&E knew....this is from 2010......Phil doing his usual sermon....

www.tmz.com...

posted on Dec, 19 2013 @ 08:23 PM
link   
reply to post by burdman30ott6

People basically vilify 2 things: anything remotely related to bullying (which they apparently thought this may be akin to), and anything that media tells them to be outraged at.

Other than that, people are generally intolerant of things they don't do themselves, and are very tolerant of things they do themselves. For example, a heavy drinker may not think drunk driving is all that bad, or a meth addict may not see a problem with meth.

My only thing is that the sentiments Robertson expressed typically tend to run towards a much stronger delivery. He was meek and humble in what he said, from my perception. Especially compared to Pat Robertson thinking that just letting a lesbian into your house will give you "the gay".

posted on Dec, 19 2013 @ 08:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Stormdancer777

en.wikipedia.org...
4 Wednesday 10:00 pm 10
August 14, 2013
11.77[46]
October 23, 2013
8.40[47]
ratings in millions of viewers for duck dynasty i wonder how much money A and E will loose over the ending of the show. add revenue adds up for hit shows

www.libertynews.com... mmander/ site says it will update the sponsor that stay with mr robertson and those that leave him currently his largest investor/corporate sponsor is sticking with duckcommander
edit on 19-12-2013 by RalagaNarHallas because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 19 2013 @ 08:27 PM
link   

Restricted
reply to post by technical difficulties

Disgusting.

Two consenting adults engaging in consentual behaviour is disgusting?

What must you think of those christian priests then who do muchmuch worse to children.

Yeah...

posted on Dec, 19 2013 @ 08:33 PM
link   

TwoTonTommy

ketsuko

Therefore, homosexuality is unnatural because it interferes with your basic purpose and drive as an organism.

edit on 19-12-2013 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

Homosexuality is natural because it arises naturally in the real world, among people and animals. Nature doesn't care about man's theories about basic purposes. If you want to know what's natural, go spend some time on the farm and you'll see male animals trying to hump each other.

You know what is unnatural? The Bible. Man-made. Didn't grow on a tree or something. Written by man. Even if you think its inspired by God, it was physically written by the hands of men.

I support the man's right to express his opinion. I don't find someone who believes in the Bible and sin offensive. I'm sick of the P.C. B.S. going around like crazy. Can't we just let each other live, even if we disagree?

And most of that behavior you see is dominance and hierarchy based it is not mating behavior. True homosexuality among animals would be a real attempt to mate and not just one animal trying to dominate the other. There are very few instances of true homosexual behavior in the animal kingdom.

Also, just because something occurs in nature doesn't mean that it is normal or natural or even right behavior. Take cannibalism. As common as you think homosexual behavior in the animal kingdom is, cannibalism and infanticide are far, far more common. So, I guess we should start killing random babies so we can try to impregnate their mothers and eating each other again.

After all, it's all natural and that can't be wrong, right?

posted on Dec, 19 2013 @ 08:35 PM
link   

TwoTonTommy

Restricted
reply to post by TwoTonTommy

Animals don't know any better. Humans do.

Sounds like someone that doesn't know any gay people in the real world. People are born gay, and if you can't see that, well, someday you'll have a gay nephew or friend that will maybe change your mind a little. Some boys want to play with dolls and wear makeup. Not my cup of tea, but I definitely remember other kids that way when I was growing up.

I wanted to play with action figures and toy guns, but I didn't grow up a lesbian. Your observance is not exactly valid.

posted on Dec, 19 2013 @ 08:36 PM
link   

Cannibalism is natural too, and far more common than homosexuality in nature.

posted on Dec, 19 2013 @ 08:44 PM
link   

ketsuko

Cannibalism is natural too, and far more common than homosexuality in nature.
By making that remark you've pretty much negated your own argument that homosexuality is immoral because it goes against nature. You really didn't disprove my point, you've only proved It even more.

ketsuko

Also, just because something occurs in nature doesn't mean that it is normal or natural or even right behavior.

Actually, it occurring in nature does mean it's natural by definition. dictionary.reference.com...[
edit on 19-12-2013 by technical difficulties because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 19 2013 @ 08:50 PM
link   

Xcalibur254
reply to post by grey580

Just because they put a disclaimer up doesn't change the fact that people will stop watching the show. People don't watch the show because it's on A&E. They watch it for the characters. If the viewers are offended and morally opposed by one of the major characters they're going to stop watching. All A&E is doing is protecting it's bottom line. This isn't a freedom of speech matter. It's a clear cut example of capitalism at work.

And quite possibly illegal.

Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964 (Title VII)
This law makes it illegal to discriminate against someone on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, or sex. The law also makes it illegal to retaliate against a person because the person complained about discrimination, filed a charge of discrimination, or participated in an employment discrimination investigation or lawsuit. The law also requires that employers reasonably accommodate applicants' and employees' sincerely held religious practices, unless doing so would impose an undue hardship on the operation of the employer's business.

UNLAWFUL EMPLOYMENT PRACTICES
SEC. 2000e-2. [Section 703]

(a) Employer practices

It shall be an unlawful employment practice for an employer -

(1) to fail or refuse to hire or to discharge any individual, or otherwise to discriminate against any individual with respect to his compensation, terms, conditions, or privileges of employment, because of such individual’s race, color, religion, sex, or national origin; or

You can't fire someone because they expressed their religious beliefs.
It's against the law.

top topics

<< 26  27  28    30  31  32 >>

join