It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Duck Dynasty's Phil Robertson: The Latest Victim of the PC Police

page: 47
<< 44  45  46   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 28 2013 @ 01:10 PM
link   

openminded2011
reply to post by amazing

Agree with you, but, I don't think disagreeing with the way someone conducts themselves is necessarily hate speech. If your religious view is that homosexuality is a sin (and its highly questionable that Christianity does, I don't think there is even a mention of it in the new testament), you may disagree on the basis that you see that person as sinning, but it does not mean you hate that person. To be sure there is a subset of evangelical Christians who are virulently anti gay. But I am not sure if they hate gays.

1 Corinthians 6:9-10

New International Version (NIV)

9 Or do you not know that wrongdoers will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived: Neither the sexually immoral nor idolaters nor adulterers nor men who have sex with men[a] 10 nor thieves nor the greedy nor drunkards nor slanderers nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God.

Footnotes:
a.1 Corinthians 6:9 The words men who have sex with men translate two Greek words that refer to the passive and active participants in homosexual acts.

It's in there, for what it's worth, but you're right concerning the treatment of others that Christianity requires.

Harte

posted on Dec, 28 2013 @ 03:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Harte

Corinthians is believed to be written by Paul, who himself said some of his teachings were his own and not from Jesus.

Can you back up any of this where the Gospels said homosexuals are going to hell?

posted on Dec, 28 2013 @ 05:38 PM
link   

MOMof3
reply to post by Harte

Corinthians is believed to be written by Paul, who himself said some of his teachings were his own and not from Jesus.

Can you back up any of this where the Gospels said homosexuals are going to hell?

The Gospels don't mention it.

But they also don't mention any number of other "sins."

My post was to inform that, yes, a prohibition against homosexuality is in the New Testament.

At any rate, no book in the New Testament was written by Jesus - they all were written by disciples (supposedly) or other holy personages.

By that I mean that all of them are "their own teachings," IMO.

Harte
edit on 12/28/2013 by Harte because: of the wonderful things he does!

posted on Dec, 28 2013 @ 06:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Harte

Matthew, Mark, Luke, John are the gospels written by the 12 Apostles appointed and taught by Jesus. They just left out homosexuality that you can go to hell for?

posted on Dec, 28 2013 @ 11:21 PM
link   

MOMof3
reply to post by Harte

Matthew, Mark, Luke, John are the gospels written by the 12 Apostles appointed and taught by Jesus. They just left out homosexuality that you can go to hell for?

Do you know what the word "gospel" means?

As was stated, Paul wrote Corinthians. Paul was one of those Apostles too, you know.

The gospels tell Jesus' story. They don't list the rules and regulations one must live under, other than what Jesus said.

The statement was made that homosexuality is "not even mentioned" in the New Testament.

Corinthians is in the New Testament.

I'm not judging here, just establishing facts.

Harte
edit on 12/28/2013 by Harte because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 29 2013 @ 05:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Harte

Gospel means "good news" and The Gospels are the first four books of the new testament.

posted on Dec, 29 2013 @ 01:08 PM
link   

MOMof3
reply to post by Harte

Gospel means "good news" and The Gospels are the first four books of the new testament.

Yes. The good news is the birth and life story of Jesus, not the listings of forbidden activities.

Harte

posted on Dec, 29 2013 @ 02:10 PM
link   
The old law or Moses law was laws over the nation of Israel, not Christians.

Like it or not when Jesus died on the cross this ended the old testament laws. Christians are under Jesus law and as far as I know there are only 2 laws. Love God with all your hart and love your neighbor as you love yourself.

posted on Dec, 30 2013 @ 05:27 AM
link   
reply to post by LDragonFire

Mt. 5:17 (Jesus speaking)
"Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets. I am not come to destroy, but to fulfill.

For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled.

Whosoever therefore shall break one of these least commandments , and shall teach men so,, he shall be called the least in the kingdom of heaven, but whosoever shall do and teach them, the same shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven."

I don't see where Jesus condemned anyone to hell for breaking the law.

top topics

<< 44  45  46   >>

join