It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

PETA'S Unbelievable Letter To 18 Yr. Old Girl Who Was Attacked By Bear

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 18 2013 @ 02:27 PM
link   

NuclearPaul
I don't see anything really wrong with the letter.

You intend on killing animals, but think it's wrong if they nearly kill you?

Nobody's complaining about the goddamned bear, dude. I don't see anyone tearing their clothes screaming "Why? Why did the bear attack this sweet girl?"

PETA, as usual, is the one with the tactless bug up their ass, not the sportsman that was lucky to survive the attack. I suppose I'll dedicate one of my bear kills this spring to her in respect to the courage she showed.

posted on Dec, 18 2013 @ 02:29 PM
link   
reply to post by snarky412

PETA is a group that was created by sociopaths for sociopaths. The fact that it is wrapped up in a warm-fuzzy-protect-the-animals blanket is simply the disguise and righteous excuse for their vicious lunacy.

PETA is not pro-animal, it is anti-human.

posted on Dec, 18 2013 @ 02:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Zaphod58

I've never hunted, and will never support PETA in any way. PETA claims to be an animal rights group, and they slaughter thousands of animals a year with their "shelter" program.

I hope you'll understand that this isn't an attack, or an argument. There's a pretty strong campaign being waged against PETA - it's easy to make information look any way you want it to look

In the interest of denying some ignorance - I'd ask you to think about the numbers of abused and abandoned animals that exist in this country - I wonder what you would recommend?

I'd ask that you read this information from PETA's site if you're interested in understanding the other side of all this. It's not pretty - but it is honest

Why We Euthanize

Educate yourself. There are not enough homes for all these animals - they will never be adopted most of them, and some people are doing a thankless job trying to manage an impossible situation as humanely as they're able

There are always bad seeds in every organization - lines get crossed now and then

It doesn't take away from the fact that most of these people are addressing a situation most people choose not to think about

edit on 12/18/2013 by Spiramirabilis because: don't type all emotional like

posted on Dec, 18 2013 @ 02:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Spiramirabilis

I understand that a lot of the animals won't get adopted, and will end up euthanized. But to promote yourself as a pro animal organization, and euthanize them on the spot is wrong.

It's one thing to run a shelter, and at least try to adopt animals out. PETA on the one hand waged a campaign to get people to stop eating fish, because it was cruel to catch them, while on the other was hiding what they do to cats and dogs, and other adoptable, healthy animals. They claim to be pro-animal, and doing everything they can for animal welfare, while keeping a lot of what they do at their shelters secret.
edit on 12/18/2013 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 18 2013 @ 02:56 PM
link   

I understand that a lot of the animals won't get adopted, and will end up euthanized. But to promote yourself as a pro animal organization, and euthanize them on the spot is wrong.

I'm guessing you didn't read the article

I think you're not thinking things through - think of it as triage. Some animals simply aren't going to make it. Euthanizing them is really the only humane thing left to do

I understand why this bothers you - doesn't make it any less necessary. I can't know this for sure, of course, but I'm willing to bet that if you rode along with some of these people you would understand why they do what they do on the scene - and you would, sadly - support their choices

Edit to add: If you don't agree with them philosophically in some areas - why would you still choose to throw the baby out with the bath water? Do you honestly believe that all the people working for PETA are part of some nefarious organization - that oddly abuses and destroys the animals they profess to care about?

Is that a reasonable assessment of how you see PETA?

edit on 12/18/2013 by Spiramirabilis because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 18 2013 @ 03:06 PM
link   

Spiramirabilis
Do you honestly believe that all the people working for PETA are part of some nefarious organization - that oddly abuses and destroys the animals they profess to care about?

Is that a reasonable assessment of how you see PETA?

Not at all. I'm sure there are a lot of good people that truly believe in what they are doing that work for them, and I would probably have no problem with the vast majority of them.

Believe me, I've looked into PETA and the animal issue in this country a lot over the last few years. My problem is that unlike most shelters, even the most adoptable animals are being put down, without even a chance at being adopted out. I truly do understand the need to euthanize a lot of animals in shelters, and it breaks my heart.

But with the "standard" shelter, the animal at least has a chance to be adopted, barring illness/injury, or aggressiveness. At a PETA shelter, the animal is lucky to even make it to the shelter, let alone be put out for adoption. But at the same time they're advocating stopping hunting, so the animals that are already overpopulated can reach higher than ever population levels (deer), stopping fishing (some of which I agree with, because a number of fish populations need to recover), and stopping just about everything that could possibly harm an animal in the wild.

THAT is what I have a problem with when it comes to PETA.

posted on Dec, 18 2013 @ 03:19 PM
link   

Spiramirabilis

I hope you'll understand that this isn't an attack, or an argument. There's a pretty strong campaign being waged against PETA - it's easy to make information look any way you want it to look

In the interest of denying some ignorance - I'd ask you to think about the numbers of abused and abandoned animals that exist in this country - I wonder what you would recommend?

I'd ask that you read this information from PETA's site if you're interested in understanding the other side of all this. It's not pretty - but it is honest

Why We Euthanize

Educate yourself. There are not enough homes for all these animals - they will never be adopted most of them, and some people are doing a thankless job trying to manage an impossible situation as humanely as they're able

There are always bad seeds in every organization - lines get crossed now and then

It doesn't take away from the fact that most of these people are addressing a situation most people choose not to think about

edit on 12/18/2013 by Spiramirabilis because: don't type all emotional like

In the interest of denying some ignorance - I'd ask you to think about the numbers of abused and abandoned PEOPLE that exist in this country - I wonder what you would recommend?????

If a homeless person were found in an alley struggling to breathe, fighting for his/her last breath, would PETA pick them up in their van and then euthanize them on the way to the hospital because there was no home to take them too???? The proverbial tit-for-tat game....

posted on Dec, 18 2013 @ 03:20 PM
link   

I would argue that the ones that are euthanized on the scene, or soon after in the shelter were never going to make it in any case. You have to understand - PETA is going after and receiving some of the worst cases - not just the ones where mommy and daddy are moving and decided Spot doesn't get to come along

But, never mind that - we'll agree to disagree. I'd like for their image to change, but I also realize that one person is not going to accomplish that with a few posts on this forum

In the meantime, this:

But at the same time they're advocating stopping hunting, so the animals that are already overpopulated can reach higher than ever population levels (deer), stopping fishing (some of which I agree with, because a number of fish populations need to recover), and stopping just about everything that could possibly harm an animal in the wild.

In this we have some common ground. It's not an easy position to defend, but over population of certain animals in the wild means a stressful, painful existence as well. We could argue about why they are overpopulating - a lot of that is our responsibility too. But, in the interest of humane and ethical treatment - sometimes culls are the better option

Responsible wildlife management is a complicated subject. Wildlife doesn't usually live to a ripe old age then fall asleep peacefully in bed while wearing their favorite jammies. I'm all for educating the public on this as well. Over population results in too many bears fighting for fewer territories, deer too weak to pull themselves out of a snowdrift, and of course -slow painful deaths by starvation and disease

I'm also glad to see you understand about over fishing

posted on Dec, 18 2013 @ 03:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Ohio_Ron

The proverbial tit-for-tat game....

Not even close

posted on Dec, 18 2013 @ 03:23 PM
link   

Wondering, Zaphod - did you read the article?

posted on Dec, 18 2013 @ 03:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Spiramirabilis

I've read that one several times. I have no problem with those animals being euthanized, it's the best thing for them. It's the perfectly healthy animals that are turned over, and euthanized on the spot. It's the perfectly healthy, young, adoptable animals that are taken into their shelters and never leave again.

posted on Dec, 18 2013 @ 03:32 PM
link   

There are far too many adoptable animals. It's endless. This is the sad truth. If you were running a shelter that received constant unwavering support and never ending and bountiful resources things might be different

They don't have either of those things. Trust me - they're making decisions they don't want to make

posted on Dec, 18 2013 @ 04:12 PM
link   
reply to post by snarky412

peta are the most pathetic group on the planet and are little more than troublemakers who get off on harassing anyone who doesn't agree with their holier than thou attitude. if i say anything else about these morons i'll be violating t&c so i'll leave it at that.

posted on Dec, 18 2013 @ 04:15 PM
link   

Spiramirabilis

Not even close

Exactly how I expected a response from a PETA worshipper to be...

posted on Dec, 18 2013 @ 04:15 PM
link   

Spiramirabilis

Not even close

Exactly how I expected a response from a PETA worshipper to be...

posted on Dec, 18 2013 @ 04:16 PM
link   

Figures... DOUBLE-P0ST!!!

posted on Dec, 18 2013 @ 04:19 PM
link   
This is no different than being bitten by a shark while swimming. She could have been hunting mushrooms and had the same thing happen.

posted on Dec, 18 2013 @ 04:58 PM
link   
reply to post by VoidHawk

VoidHawk
Am I understanding this right!?!

She went out hunting bears. The Bear bit her. And she's concerned because someone told her to think about it from the Bears point of view??

BWA HA HA HA

The Bear should have bit her head off.

Good bear.

She wasn't hunting bears. She happened to stumble across the bear and her cubs.
The OP really should have put that in there.

In all honesty I dislike both PETA and the type of hunters that go around killing for fun and taking pictures with dead bodies.

I hunt rabbits and muntjack and other types of deer where I get the chance, but I do it for the good ethical reason of catching wild meat, rather than meat that has been factory farmed and lived an unnatural life with a stressful march to death.
I do get a satisfaction for getting my own meat and foraging for wild herbs and vegetables.
But I don't enjoy killing and I don't sit there smiling with corpses in front of cameras for a bit of fun and anybody that does is doing it for the wrong reasons and makes me feel a little sick of humans.

I am respectful to my kills and realise that I have taken a life, a life that may well have family waiting for it, in order to feed myself, as my ancestors have done before me.

PETA are a bunch of hypocritical money grabbing dicks, much like many large charities.

edit on 18-12-2013 by b14warrior because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 18 2013 @ 06:06 PM
link   
What about telling the bear not to hunt fish and rodents?

posted on Dec, 18 2013 @ 06:10 PM
link   
After thinking about it, what would that ass from PETA do if a bear attacked her while she was going for a nature walk?
What do they think predators eat? How do they think nature works?

Load of barking mad fruitloops.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join